Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 8 match day thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

FHFC wrote: »
    According to FFFIX only 1% of players own Aguero, DeBruyne and Sanchez. All of them regulars on this forum apparently.
    I own all 3 too. But why would someone come on here and lie? I don't get it.

107 for the week. 91 of that came from 4 players. Mad stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

104 final with Silva. It was a toss up between him and KdB. Overall delighted with that week. Sanchez pulled it out of the bag today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Nib wrote:

I don't think he was accusing anyone of lying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nib wrote: »

107 for the week. 91 of that came from 4 players. Mad stuff!

Who said anything about anyone lying?? :eek:

Every fecker round here just seems to have them, a sign of the level of wisdom of this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Who said anything about anyone lying??

Every fecker round here just seems to have them, a sign of the level of wisdom of this place.
    Ah OK, apologies. I thought you were being sarcastic.

De Brunye is a class act, he's a must have now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Gentlemen

About to log off and would like to know what ye think ? 1 FT and a possible dodgy evans in my defence.

I bought Martial for Cash gains primarily, he's made me .2 and now I was thinking of either Pelle or Lukaku.

Pelle has a nice enough run of games and Lukaku has great games from GW11 onwards.

Would you keep Martial ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Will have all 3 for next GW :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Finished on 89 which is deadly since I don't have Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

According to FFFIX only 1% of players own Aguero, DeBruyne and Sanchez. All of them regulars on this forum apparently.

checking in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Just seeing the lad who got highest score this game week jumped from 1.5m position to inside the top 15k. Some rise in one week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

124 :)

I've never had such an immediate wildcard impact. And to make the week even better, I made all the right decisions with my bench - doubled up on Palace keeper/defence, benching Myhill and Dier.

I'm now impatient for the standings to update!

Edit: I finish the GW at 26.6k, up from 500k odd last week. A GW rank of 4,157.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

13k GW rank after 6 straight trips to the millionaire's club :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

83....my best week in a hell of a long time....only downside is I brought in Mata for Pedro as my FT last night and don't know if that was wise work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

new overall rank: 100,218

:mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

117 for the week :)

Only downside is I can't fit KDB in without major construction and my defence already needs tidying up, I think Ill have to risk going without him for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Down to 50k despite having Sanchez, the sub points obviously playing a big role.

I'll take it in spite of expecting a slight rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GR - 13,360
    OR - Inside the top 60k

Get
    The
    IN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

In the year of the casuals:pac: you're nobody if you haven't jumped 1 million places this week, if you didn't have 1m places to jump you're an honorary casual;)

104 points, Up to 350k from 1.45m:)

But still pissed off of course, no Sanchez:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

GR 46k (108 points)
    OR 37k (up from 311k)

Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dropped 30k places even with Sanchez today!!

Settled at 370k overall from 1.6m.

Happyish....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

99 points, up to 216k from 850k

Need to get rid of targett, gomis and Sagna while also bringing in payet so some work to do.

dahat wrote: »
    Dropped 30k places even with Sanchez today!!

Settled at 370k overall from 1.6m.

Happyish....

Same as. Down from 101k to 134k.

Not really all that happy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

gw rank 96k
    OR rank 26 k up from 160k
    up ya boy ya Kun
    casual killer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In the year of the casuals:pac: you're nobody if you haven't jumped 1 million places this week, if you didn't have 1m places to jump you're an honorary casual;)

104 points, Up to 350k from 1.45m:)

But still pissed off of course, no Sanchez:o

I only gained 0.5m places

I'm such a casual :(

Up to 15000 from 105000. 13th in Boards League which is the highest I have been in a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Up to 8k with 114 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Congrats all :) The turning point of our seasons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

121 points
    Gw rank 6,704
    I can only dream at what my gw rank would have been without triple captain/bench boost. Easily my best ever score though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Just the 1.3m rise to 170k OR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Up from 836k to 138k :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Same as. Down from 101k to 134k.

Not really all that happy. :(

Arsenal Clean sheets and Ayew goal has to be the cause of the wjolly unexpected drop from yesterday's high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

40th in Ireland, 706 overall. Not sure if that will change now or what but all things considered, I'm happy enough with that. Gonna have to do my wildcard for the next GW. I don't have any of the holy trinity in my team, so gotta make a good few changes.

siblers wrote: »
    40th in Ireland, 706 overall. Not sure if that will change now or what but all things considered, I'm happy enough with that. Gonna have to do my wildcard for the next GW. I don't have any of the holy trinity in my team, so gotta make a good few changes.

He's happy enough with that

dahat wrote: »
    Arsenal Clean sheets and Ayew goal has to be the cause of the wjolly unexpected drop from yesterday's high.

Lots of autosubs to the likes of Ayew and vcs Aguero and Sanchez too.

:D:D

• Advertisement

Who is he?

Who is he?

You are he.

Read it again in a kinda exasperated sardonic tone.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

101 all in. Up from ~240k to ~42k and green arrows in all of my leagues. Very happy.

Double transfer for my first points hit of the season (-4) taken. I know it brings a risk with the internationals but I'd have been murdered on price rises/drops without doing it now so I think that outweighs waiting. The transfer was Pedro -> Mata and Gomis -> Pelle. United go on a nice little run in 2 GW's time and Mata is their main man in an attacking sense, while Gomis should have been offloaded a couple of weeks ago really and Southampton have a cracking run coming up with Pelle heavily involved for them lately. I'll sort out my defence (probably for another -4) next gameweek.

Hoping to step away from the game now and take a week off, but I'm very happy with things after 8 GW's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

91 points. Sees me go from over 2 million to inside 1 million.

I should be pretty happy with that, but after seeing some of the scores on here I can't help but feel it's not brilliant. I also feel Agueros score has papered over some cracks. Take out Aguero and Ozil, and I had 28 points from 9 players: not brilliant. There's a number of players I don't have that I feel I need (Sanchez, KDB, Vardy) and a number that I have that I feel I shouldn't be getting rid of (Hazard, Bego, my whole defence, Martial, Sahko).

Having said that, I've see a rise in ranking of over 1,000,000 places, so I'm not going to complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rikand wrote: »
    I only gained 0.5m places

I'm such a casual :(

Seems like it:pac:
    MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Just the 1.3m rise to 170k OR

That's the spirit, nice rise there
    Who is he?

That's you, that is.

Oh, congrats on your run siblers, have you used any of the chips?? Are you in boards leagues??

• Advertisement

Who is he?
    You are he.

Read it again in a kinda exasperated sardonic tone.... ;)

Maybe it's a she!

Hello

101(-4), very happy. Into the top 90k. Time to kick on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Devia wrote: »
    Just seeing the lad who got highest score this game week jumped from 1.5m position to inside the top 15k. Some rise in one week.

You must have been looking at it before it updated, highest score this GW was 164, guy went from 200k to 800

he took -12 this week too,

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You must have been looking at it before it updated, highest score this GW was 164, guy went from 200k to 800

he took -12 this week too,

He's got a solid front 7 that I can imagine are season keepers too

Seems like it:pac:

That's the spirit, nice rise there

That's you, that is.

Oh, congrats on your run siblers, have you used any of the chips?? Are you in boards leagues??

Nope not on the Boards leagues unfortunatley. Next year I will join, I used my all out attack but when I used it I ended up with a 3-5-2 due to injuries. Can't wait for the triple captain one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

93 points. No Sanchez killed me today and despite Ayew scoring I fell 150k to 450k.

Still Aguero propelled me about 900k so I'll try not to grumble.

I haven't hit the WC yet despite my post in the transfer thread. Sanchez's niggle plus Liverpool and Sunderland's new managers among other things made me wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I do see the merits of the strong front 8 strategy but I just never like the lookof the team. My main dislike is its inflexibility in that with the budget spread around it's hard to accommodate the big hitter who suddenly hits form.

Look at it another way, if you'd had the budget you may well have fitted in KDB this week.

I had a rotten run which has tested my squad abnormally and has been more than my fts can keep up with. First the Gomez era ended, then Wilson, Yaya injured, Mahrez inexplicably dropped and Naughton dissappears for 'personal reasons'. It won't always be like that, and usually a defender subbing in with 2 points or maybe more is fine by me. Meanwhile 6m forwards won't cut it forever either.

When I want a better striker( probably martial) I plan to move to a bench player. I just think there is too many cheap players performing at the moment and Im not happy with having to play all of them every week. There is also always loads or rotation/injuries around european games so its handy to have the option of subbing in a decent attacker if someone misses out or to not feel the need to take a hit if there is an injury.
    On KDB I couldve done pedro to him but I honestly didnt expect city to run riot due to them being down to the bare bones and having had a tough game on wednesday night. How wrong I was.

Nope not on the Boards leagues unfortunatley. Next year I will join, I used my all out attack but when I used it I ended up with a 3-5-2 due to injuries. Can't wait for the triple captain one:D

Just saw your team, quite an achievement to get there without Kun Alexis or KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

106 pts had a great day today with walcott, ayew and sanchez. Finish at 52k overall .
    Well done to all in here some unbelievable scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

116 points and a nice jump of 350,000 places to to 40,327. Considering I was at 2,895,384 after gameweek two, I'd have to say I'm very, very happy with how the games this weekend went.

• Advertisement
Advertisement