Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in africa full time

• 03-10-2015 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Hey, I know there's a lot of threads about teaching for a summer or for a few months, but I'm just wondering what are the opportunities to teach in Africa full time? I worked in a school in Ghana for a month when I was younger through my school and it was probably the best experience of my life. I'm currently in my last year studying international tourism and spanish and while I know it's not particularly relevant in teaching, does anyone know what do you need to teach primary or secondary school in Africa? Is a degree enough or do you need more? I'm sure it depends on the location you go to and how remote it is but then I guess so too does the security of the job. Anyway anyone with experience I'd seriously appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Depends what kind of teaching job you're after. If it's a paid, international school type thing you'll need to be qualified. If it's a volunteer thing you could look into Viatores Christi or one of the charities who send people abroad for 1-2 years. If it's something very rural you want the probably don't have a website so would be best to move to the country and look for a job when you're there.

Advertisement