Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping Up Electricity Meter

Options
  • 03-10-2015 4:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

So apparently sometimes when ya top up the old Leccie Meter, at any given time, you can also magically implement a price-change. Only way I have of knowing this is that the Top-up Code is longer than usual. I have no idea if it has gone up in price or come down or what I'm paying for.... Are they not supposed to notify Customers, no?!? Or you would at the very least think they should out of professionalism and courtesy but maybe not... And there was another price-change a couple of months ago too. Is there a cap on how many times something can be changed in price per year or how does it go?

Like I need to top up now, and I feel forced to do something / intimidated here! :confused::( I guess me entering this Code also doubles as me ratifying/confirming this price-change that I didn't even know about! :/

Am I missing something here or is it just a case of this is how it is, Adult-life sucks get used to it! :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

So apparently sometimes when ya top up the old Leccie Meter, at any given time, you can also magically implement a price-change. Only way I have of knowing this is that the Top-up Code is longer than usual. I have no idea if it has gone up in price or come down or what I'm paying for.... Are they not supposed to notify Customers, no?!? Or you would at the very least think they should out of professionalism and courtesy but maybe not... And there was another price-change a couple of months ago too. Is there a cap on how many times something can be changed in price per year or how does it go?

Like I need to top up now, and I feel forced to do something / intimidated here! :confused::( I guess me entering this Code also doubles as me ratifying/confirming this price-change that I didn't even know about! :/

Am I missing something here or is it just a case of this is how it is, Adult-life sucks get used to it! :/

To be honest I can't make head nor tail of your post but you would probably be better off getting in touch with the supplier.
    This forum is really for people looking for advice on electrical problems/faults or advice on electrical installations/diy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Translation,

He's one one of these new rip off meters that is supplied by companies like Prepay power. When you buy a top up, the serious length code that comes with it may also include a change in the unit rate, which will apply from the time it's been entered.

There's no way to avoid using what ever code is supplied, and if the user doesn't enter the full code, it won't validate and put the credit into the meter.

He's not happy that there's no notification that the price has been changed as part of the top up process.

Much easier to have a card from a post pay supplier like Airtricity, and instead of queuing to buy credit, you queue to make a payment on a regular basis at the post office, but get a much better unit rate as a result.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement