Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€450 PC gaming build

Options
  • 03-10-2015 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

First off id like to thank everyone who helped me with my own build a while back. Would not have been able to decide a parts list without you!

My friend wants to play fallout 4 on release and will need to buy a new console but I have recommended he think about a Gaming PC. His budget is €450 with or without monitor depending on viability. He will be building late October and Would like to play fallout 4 and cs go.

Is a build this cheap even possible in order to play new games at even mid settings?

Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Either this case or this case, both come to €41.

And this build:

Suv8nvP.png

which comes to around €405 shipped + €41 for the case = €446.

I'd highly recommend spending an extra €45 on this graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CianSmyth

grindle wrote: »
    Either this case or this case, both come to €41.

And this build:

Suv8nvP.png

which comes to around €405 shipped + €41 for the case = €446.

I'd highly recommend spending an extra €45 on this graphics card

Thanks I'll look into the build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Have a ps4 and a pc. Ps4 us for playing with one set of friends that aren't into pc.

Pc costs more at first. But in the long run. Is alot cheaper. Not to mention I get to play on much better settings.

I'd make sure to point our the savings. And see if he can invest a little more in pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Go for the 950, its worth it. I'm gaming with a 290 regularly, and I'm very surprised with the results my i3 and 950 are getting me, its a very good card. I'll be putting up some benchmarks in a few days.

Regardless, an i3 with a 750Ti or 950 will breeze through Fallout 4, at higher settings than the console versions, he'll also have access to mods.

http://www.allkeyshop.com/catalogue/search.php?q=Fallout+4&sort=releasedateDesc

The prices speak for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Will lookout for those benchmarks Digital. Looking at a 950 or a 960 for my sons gaming build for christmas but don't know if the 960 is worth the extra outlay. Will be pairing it with an i5 4440 I have here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You'll be fine with the 950, it's not that far behind the 960 and is a very good performer in most games at 1080P high settings.

Advertisement