Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bet365 in play offer Arsenal v Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Yeah I am hoping to do this, not sure what way to place the bets are and post though, any tips out there too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Yeah I am hoping to do this, not sure what way to place the bets are and post though, any tips out there too?

Well I can only tell you what I do every time this offer comes up and I usually do a risk free bet before the game, like under 6.5 goals @1/80. I know this isn't nailed on but it's the shortest odds for the game. After that, in-play, I nearly always bet on corners. I get a feel for how many corners I think will come from either team usually after the first 20-30 minutes and make a bet based on that. A lot of the time it'll be a 'Race to corners' bet on a certain team I think will get the most corners. Or else it might be over or under a certain amount in the game. Sometimes I might not bet on corners at all and go for a next goalscorer bet. But the main thing I look out for really is value. If I see Arsenal race to 9 corners is 5/1 at some point in the game, for example, and I personally think a more appropriate priced would be much shorter, I might bet on that. I personally aim for a bet with long odds that I think represents good value in play. My in-play bets are usually anywhere between 3/1 to 10/1 odds. I have availed of this offer about 12-15 times now and I have won profit 4/5 times (two of those were at 7/1 odds) and never lost any money (I've always kept my pre-game bet risk free).

The main tip I'd give you is to actually watch the game and get a good idea of how each team is playing before making any bet. I know that the few times I wasn't able to watch the game and bet simultaneously, I lost the bets I inevitably placed. All of that said, having a stab at any sort of selection might end up working out also and you have nothing to lose so why not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I usually do over .5 goals pre game,if I think the game will be tight I avoid that one and do whatever I can find with huge odds.First half goals is usually a good one as well.
    In play I usually decide after 15 mins what to do ,I have had good luck with corners and next GS bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭JohnPPP

Pregame bet : Over 0.5 goals.
    In play bet: Under 0.5 goals.

All or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Anyone worked out a guaranteed profit method yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Anyone worked out a guaranteed profit method yet?

I think these are all okay.. Please do point out if they aren't! All are presuming €50 stakes. Did them out last night so some odds might have changed.

Pre match: Arsenal DNB @ 1.44
    In play: Utd @ 3.9

Arsenal win = €22, draw = €0, Utd win = €95

Pre match: over 0.5 goals @ 1.050
    In play: under 0.5 goals @ 12

over = €2, under = €500

Pre match: over 1.5 goals @ 1.25
    In play: under 1.5 goals @ 3.75

over = €12.50, under = €87.50

Pre match: 1st half BTTS no @ 1.2
    In play: 1st half BTTS yes @ 4.33

no = €10, yes = €116.50

Pre match: Utd clean sheet @ 1.18
    In play: Utd no clean sheet @ 4.5

CS = €9, no CS = €125

Obviously, there's a lot more that would guarantee profit but I only did out these few

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Mine btw

Bet365

50 Arsenal pe game}
    50 draw in play

Bet Victor

30 United pre game.

Arsenal- 20
    Draw- 45
    United- 45.

I had a bad day yesterday otherwise swap the arsenal and draw around. Take a hit on an arsenal win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

50 on over 3.5 goals @3.0
    will wait and see how the first 10 mins go, before covering with under 3.5 or something else

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Utd to score a penalty is 9/1. Anyone know if this market is available in-play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Ended up doing €50 on over 0.5 for qualifying bet, then €10 on William Hill on no goalscorer to cover (happy to lose that €10), and then just went for €50 on Utd 2-0 :pac:

Aaaaaaand as soon as I do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

jaysus. totally forgot about the freebet. placed my 50 on under 3.5 first half goals at 1/66 a couple days back. was keeping up to date with scores etc til i realised i could lose 50 - after about 40 mins. thank fck opsina wasnt in goal because that was one heck of a save from cech.

i suppose eventually one of those prematch bets will have to lose but havent come as close as that for a long time. feels like winning 50 eventhough it was just 20 odd cent lol

I was also on U3.5 too close for comfort.
    Over .5 goals is a very popular pregame bet and it has lost twice since 365 started this special, thankfully I wasn't on it either time.

I'm on Arsenal under 4.5 goals @1/80 :eek:

What do ye guys think I should do? Place over 4.5 Arsenal @5/2 in-play to cover myself (and win a bit of profit if they get 5+) or just go for a different in-play bet and hope they don't get 2 in the second half?

tough call. if i had realised my bet was in danger i probably would have backed over 3.5 f/h goals. i had a chance to back it at 5/1 when i realised after 40mins but said id leave it and got lucky.

id probably let it ride unless there is no bet that you fancy. if you have planned a bet and still like the price then best to go for it and just write off the 50 as one of those things. we were bound to pick a losing 1/80 shot at some point with these offers. if theres nothing you fancy then may as well back them over 2.5 as there could be many more goals with utd chasing

ianburke wrote: »
    tough call. if i had realised my bet was in danger i probably would have backed over 3.5 f/h goals. i had a chance to back it at 5/1 when i realised after 40mins but said id leave it and got lucky.

id probably let it ride unless there is no bet that you fancy. if you have planned a bet and still like the price then best to go for it and just write off the 50 as one of those things. we were bound to pick a losing 1/80 shot at some point with these offers. if theres nothing you fancy then may as well back them over 2.5 as there could be many more goals with utd chasing

Yeah thanks, I ended up just covering myself. So if Arsenald get 5+, I'll get my 50 back along with 75 profit. If they get less than 4 I get my 50 refunded so no loss. I think it's the best option since I can see Arsenal continuing to play like they did in the previous half and it gives me peace of mind.

Anyone still not get their 50 back?

i got mine back around 8pm mate. maybe they are slower as its the weekend

I got mine back around 9 but it has often taken longer,closer to 12 a few times.

Balls.. i just realised i did it arseways, backed the longshot pregame and the odds on in play, thinking the pregame gets refunded.

Advertisement