Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we missing something??

Options
  • 03-10-2015 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

This forum is a TDAR Irish message board yet the is no talk of the Irish Sprint championship, national age group championship, Club Championship, Irish team in Euro Relay Championship etc.

Anyone interested in discussing Irish Triathlon racing or is it completely irrelevant?

I would be interested to know what happened the swim leaders in the sprint championship? Also which clubs won the club championship and did any of them have people also racing super series? After the first year what are people's view of super series? What do people think of rumour all next years raced may be draft legal ( will there be lots of 2nd hand TT bikes up for sale)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

There's been a big thread on the National Series albeit mainly about the way it has being run. It's dropped off the page and probably around 3/4 pages in at this stage.

Sure start a thread about the topic(s) and people will get involved.

What did happen the swim leaders? I didn't hear anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Swim leaders took a wrong turn on the bike and shorted the course so DQ'd. Athletes should know the course.

Chris Mintern has asked Santa for a compass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

As for second hand TT bikes, there will be only 6 draft legal races next year, with only ~50 athletes racing those. That's not exactly going to result in a massive fire sale of TT bikes.

Start the threads you want to see and the discussion will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

BTH wrote: »
    As for second hand TT bikes, there will be only 6 draft legal races next year, with only ~50 athletes racing those. That's not exactly going to result in a massive fire sale of TT bikes.

Start the threads you want to see and the discussion will follow.

I've seen 4 x P2's up for sale in the last month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think the Super Series has upsides and downsides. I feel it has detracted a little from the National Series and age group racing. All TI media coverage has been able the super series, if I am correct there was no age group national championship only a Super Series. I think this should be looked as they were two selerate races and there should be a national champion from outside the super series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

I'm selling mine to upgrade to a new bike. Will still be a tt bike.

I did the draft legal in the Phoenix park. It was almost like a different sport.

It was fun but would require a totally different training focus.

I'll be sticking with the long non drafting stuff next year.

Room for both types though.

I would not think we will see all races draft legal. It would be carnage accident wise. I was bricking it as people were all over the place in the bunch (not that I am by any stretch an expert).

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

What we are really missing is the final national series points to be added....

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

I think the quality over all on races have dropped and the TI qualityassurance has little value . Numerous races this year have fallen short onbasic requirements that fall within the control of organisers and TI (I wouldinclude weather ,enforced roadworks etc as outside their control) .

I may be a little pedantic but this year there have been numerous issues around swim lengths for example wherean Oly ,Sprint or half is up to 15% longer or shorter than the requireddistance .If a distance is specified then it should be reasonably close . Swimcourse suitability also – Sligo comes to mind for the Oly and the 300m of wadingor dolphin dives. Bike courses measuring long i.e 23k instead of 20k or 42-44kinstead of 40k – 3 NS races this year I took part in measured longer , – not anissue for most of us but if there is a standard we should follow it. Bikecourses that are just unsuitable , should we be racing on country lanes or 1 car width roadwaysespecially for out and back routes , should turn arounds be at the bottom ofhills or junctions .Some NS run courses are measuring short and make some tothe times look even better . Signage during the bike and run should be astandard size font etc .Although athletes should know the course race organisersshould have lead bikes and informed marshals – 2 significant instances thisyear in NS events .

And I haven’t mentioned Athy.
    TI have standards set for race organisers butseem to overlook them for some races and we seem to accept them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think the quality over all on races have dropped and the TI qualityassurance has little value . Numerous races this year have fallen short onbasic requirements that fall within the control of organisers and TI (I wouldinclude weather ,enforced roadworks etc as outside their control) .

I may be a little pedantic but this year there have been numerous issues around swim lengths for example wherean Oly ,Sprint or half is up to 15% longer or shorter than the requireddistance .If a distance is specified then it should be reasonably close . Swimcourse suitability also – Sligo comes to mind for the Oly and the 300m of wadingor dolphin dives. Bike courses measuring long i.e 23k instead of 20k or 42-44kinstead of 40k – 3 NS races this year I took part in measured longer , – not anissue for most of us but if there is a standard we should follow it. Bikecourses that are just unsuitable , should we be racing on country lanes or 1 car width roadwaysespecially for out and back routes , should turn arounds be at the bottom ofhills or junctions .Some NS run courses are measuring short and make some tothe times look even better . Signage during the bike and run should be astandard size font etc .Although athletes should know the course race organisersshould have lead bikes and informed marshals – 2 significant instances thisyear in NS events .

And I haven’t mentioned Athy.
    TI have standards set for race organisers butseem to overlook them for some races and we seem to accept them

Its very difficult to get a race distance spot on in many cases when you are using existing infrastructure to get the distances.

I did 5 NS races this year and I dont think any were spot on but all different.Crooked lake had the most climbing but was short by 2km or more in the bike, Ballyshannon had arguably the best bike course I've ever done, great surfaces and a little hilly nothing majpr, it was however 24km which I didn't mind. Overall it tends to balance out, probably an equal expected time when you take in a long flat course and a shorter hilly course.

Advertisement