Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isolator switch for outdoor socket

Options
  • 03-10-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks. Have an outdoor socket on the front of my house. Always meant to isolate it but never got around to it. Came home to find a tradesman helping himself when working on a neighbours house so nows the time.

I bought a ten amp fused switch which I plan to install in the hallway. I presume all I need to do is cut the mains going to the external socket and route it through the switch. Is there anything else I should be considering when doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Helpmefarm

Yeah don't do it. It should be a 20 amp double pole. If ya don't know leave it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes a 20amp double pole switch should be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Cheers folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Helpmefarm wrote: »
    Yeah don't do it. It should be a 20 amp double pole. If ya don't know leave it alone.

Nothing wrong with using a fused unit either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Nothing wrong with using a fused unit either.

Yea if the op already has it bought, that can be used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement