Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would put you off buying?

Options
  • 03-10-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Interested in a nice semi, noticed the house next door (attached) have a loud barking dog out the back, pay no attention to the garden, as in overgrown lawn, bins still out by the front door, even tho no other houses have theirs on show, the door seems to not have had a varnish in ten years. The rest of the houses nearby seem to be well kept but this stuff is bothering me. Especially as they would me my nearest neighbours. Am I being too critical or would this be a cause of concern for anyone else?! It is an owner occupier next door.

Mod couldn't find buying section can you please move it ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Interested in a nice semi, noticed the house next door (attached) have a loud barking dog out the back, pay no attention to the garden, as in overgrown lawn, bins still out by the front door, even tho no other houses have theirs on show, the door seems to not have had a varnish in ten years. The rest of the houses nearby seem to be well kept but this stuff is bothering me. Especially as they would me my nearest neighbours. Am I being too critical or would this be a cause of concern for anyone else?! It is an owner occupier next door.

It would make me think twice. Even just for having to listen to the dog.
    If that is the state of the house I'd assume they aren't invested in the community and therefore may also be noisy etc.
    You could always knock on the door to ask what they think of the neighbourhood as you're thinking of buying (and obviously then check them out at the same time)!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

The forum you want is called Accommodation and Property
    It'll come up if you do a search within Boards

Advertisement