Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Weeds

Options
  • 03-10-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My lawn is full of weeds. I removed a lot of them last spring but over the summer so many more sprouted up.

Now there are so many it is painful to dig each one out.

What is the best way? There is also a lot pf thatch so should I scarify first and then get a weedkiller such as Evergreen Weed & Moss killer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 OscarKane

Proper site preparation and turfgrass selection before planting are essential to give a new lawn a healthy start. Once a lawn is established, poor maintenance practices that weaken it–such as improper irrigation, fertilization, or mowing—are the primary factors likely to predispose it to weed invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Scarify now and apply some lawn sand or 'autumn' grass feed. Use a feed and weed from next Spring onwards coupled with correct mowing.
    Buy this second hand for 1p plus postage, has everything you need ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0903505487/ref=sr_1_1_twi_pap_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1444206622&sr=8-1&keywords=the+lawn+expert

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Go to your local glanbia or Google national agri chemicals Dublin they will have a spray to get rid of the weeds and have no effect on the grass.
    Spray twice a year and you will have a lush lawn.
    Weeding manually is a nightmare.
    I'm guessing there is organic sprays if it's eco friendly you are after

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Go to your local glanbia or Google national agri chemicals Dublin they will have a spray to get rid of the weeds and have no effect on the grass.
    Spray twice a year and you will have a lush lawn.
    Weeding manually is a nightmare.
    I'm guessing there is organic sprays if it's eco friendly you are after

Advertisement