Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fault on another line?

Options
  • 03-10-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

How do I go about asking to check if there is a fault on my father's  line?
    I variously have got an engaged tone, ringing and a lot of static, then cut off,  and a recorded message saying that my call cannot be connected as dialled. He says my brother took the handset to his house and says the handset is working fine. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

H
    cscook wrote: »
    How do I go about asking to check if there is a fault on my father's  line?
    I variously have got an engaged tone, ringing and a lot of static, then cut off,  and a recorded message saying that my call cannot be connected as dialled. He says my brother took the handset to his house and says the handset is working fine. 
    Hi sccook,

I'll be happy to look in to this for you if you could please PM me the phone number is question?

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Hi Alan,
    I did PM you the details with my father's landline number on Monday; still waiting to hear back as to whether or not there is a fault on the line.
    He says he does have the handset plugged back in, but now I don't even get the dialling tone, only the "sorry, we cannot connect your number as dialled" message, and he can't ring out either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Alan,
    I did PM you the details with my father's landline number on Monday; still waiting to hear back as to whether or not there is a fault on the line.
    He says he does have the handset plugged back in, but now I don't even get the dialling tone, only the "sorry, we cannot connect your number as dialled" message, and he can't ring out either.
    Apologies for the delays cscook

I had escalated this to our line repairs team who have advised that there is an external fault on the line itself and they have opened up a case for resolution where an engineer will be required.

The reference number is 12979309

I'm sorry for the delays but I have been advised that repairs hope to have this line fully operational by the latest date of Tuesday morning

Thanks

Al

Thanks so much - I'll pass the good news on to my father when I ring him (mobile) this evening. He far prefers the landline, he'll be happy. No dead battery issues with a landline either.

Thanks so much - I'll pass the good news on to my father when I ring him (mobile) this evening. He far prefers the landline, he'll be happy. No dead battery issues with a landline either.
    No problem at all cscook

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Sorry to revive this! 
    I assumed everything was fine when, on the day advised, my dad rang and said the engineer had been out and spent some time fixing things and it was now working properly.
    But when I visited my aunt later last week, she mentioned his phone being still out of order. I was surprised, said eir had fixed it and he'd rung me to let me know, and in fact while I was with her, my dad rang her.
    But sure enough - when I got home and tried ringing him, I just get a static crackle on the line, no dialling tone, which was what my aunt had experienced when trying to ring him.

He had an old eircom C10 phone for which I couldn't find an online manual, so in case he had accidentally done something to it, I sent him a new phone which he received this morning, and rang me to say it had arrived and how great...
    But when he hung up and I rang him back -  I could hear the pulse tone (?) when I was dialling, but then just static, no ringing tone. He didn't hear any ringing, just a flash of light to mark an incoming call , and when he picked the receiver up, the line was open and we were able to talk. 

Sorry to revive this! 
    I assumed everything was fine when, on the day advised, my dad rang and said the engineer had been out and spent some time fixing things and it was now working properly.
    But when I visited my aunt later last week, she mentioned his phone being still out of order. I was surprised, said eir had fixed it and he'd rung me to let me know, and in fact while I was with her, my dad rang her.
    But sure enough - when I got home and tried ringing him, I just get a static crackle on the line, no dialling tone, which was what my aunt had experienced when trying to ring him.

He had an old eircom C10 phone for which I couldn't find an online manual, so in case he had accidentally done something to it, I sent him a new phone which he received this morning, and rang me to say it had arrived and how great...
    But when he hung up and I rang him back -  I could hear the pulse tone (?) when I was dialling, but then just static, no ringing tone. He didn't hear any ringing, just a flash of light to mark an incoming call , and when he picked the receiver up, the line was open and we were able to talk. 
    Hi cscook

Please PM me the number is question and I'll check if there's any faults on the line that may need attention of repair crews.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement