Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Thanks for the opinions. I did have Bourc previously but I think Gomes and Myhill rotate pretty well for the next while and I don't really want to double up on Newcastle and or CRY defense, don't trust them!

Only issue will be getting Kun back in but I'll cross that when I have to. Would you stilk with Mane or downgrade him (to Cabye???) and upgrage Ighalo to Pelle?

The last formation I posted left 0.7 ITB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Done Silva to De Bruyne and Ageuro to Pelle. Really wanted to get rid of Pedro but stick with him rather than take a -8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

paulie21 wrote: »
    Done Silva to De Bruyne and Ageuro to Pelle. Really wanted to get rid of Pedro but stick with him rather than take a -8

I don't see why people are getting rid of Pedro this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bony is now in my team :pac:

Wildcard is activated too and I'm tempted to log out for the night

Howard (Elliot)
    Dawson - Berty - Williams (Souare + Martin)
    Ayew - Sanchez - Mane - KDB (Jarvis)
    Bony - Martial - Lukaku

0.7 ITB

I like it. Appropriate risk and explosiveness while not totally mad. Plus every second longer I spend on it the less and less I care!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think I'm going to take a punt on Mitrovic...am I mad?! :o

Great fixtures and looked decent against city. He was my aguero replacement for about an hour on Wednesday night. Having said that I think every striker in the league has been my aguero replacement at some stage this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gone for Costa in the end, Jose said Costa had a plan to get them out of the slump and hopefully it entails feeding him loads of goals and putting him on penalties. Not super confident but no other strikers really interest me that much.

Bony is now in my team :pac:

Wildcard is activated too and I'm tempted to log out for the night

Howard (Elliot)
    Dawson - Berty - Williams (Souare + Martin)
    Ayew - Sanchez - Mane - KDB (Jarvis)
    Bony - Martial - Lukaku

0.7 ITB

I like it. Appropriate risk and explosiveness while not totally mad. Plus every second longer I spend on it the less and less I care!

I know you love Norwich but I wouldn't bother with Martin. He isn't going to keep that goalscoring record up the likes of Davies and moreno should score higher. I'd also try and get theo in for ayew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

after a -4 my team is now
    begovic (Elliot)
    bellerin nyom targett ( darmian who will most likely come in for targett Francis)
    Sanchez yaya mata payet (mahrez)
    pelle vardy ighalo

I am struggling to resist a further -4 to bring in hazard for mahrez and captain him!
    would drop ighalo then.....if not I'm captaining pelle which feels all kind of wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rumoured #LFC lineup to face Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi.

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/655119081838788609

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Think I'm going to have to take a - 8 this week. Team is in poor shape.

Anyone considering Zabaleta?

• Advertisement

I know you love Norwich but I wouldn't bother with Martin. He isn't going to keep that goalscoring record up the likes of Davies and moreno should score higher. I'd also try and get theo in for ayew.

I hadn't realised Davies only missed 1 game.

I went Martin, Williams, Jarvis and Ayew to Davies, Moreno, Theo and Fletcher with 0.1 to spare.

Whether it remains we shall see. I do like a splash of green and yellow in my team though :o

I hadn't realised Davies only missed 1 game.

I went Martin, Williams, Jarvis and Ayew to Davies, Moreno, Theo and Fletcher with 0.1 to spare.

Whether it remains we shall see. I do like a splash of green and yellow in my team though :o

Ye Davies is unreal value. Spurs are a lot better in defence this year I'll be getting him in as soon as I have a transfer to spare. As for theo there will be a mixture of joy and heartache just the way you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looking to replace Kolarov finding it very difficult to settle on someone. Wanted to go with Kompany but still a slight doubt over his fitness.

I haven't seen Zabaleta mentioned much. Looks decent value at 5.8, although Sagna will probably pilfer the odd start I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Bollixed for this weekend. Took a -8 and still have Dier and Kolarov not playing, with Browning and Targett as my two defenders on my bench.

Disaster already. Woooooo...

Bollixed for this weekend. Took a -8 and still have Dier and Kolarov not playing, with two non-playing defenders on my bench.

Disaster already. Woooooo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Looks like the mole wasn't a staff member of Rodgers's anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Does Zabaleta play lads?

Does Zabaleta play lads?

Looking at him as my Kolarov replacement too. City have good fixtures, and with Aguero out they could tighten up at the back. I've compared Zabaleta and Kompany over the past three seasons and over that period Zabaleta has played more games and averaged more points per game. I'm just about set on the move unless someone gives me a compelling reason not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

With a few players that still have to go, I'm only really delaying the inevitable keeping them. Going to take out Darmian for Davies and that will give me plenty of money! Then I'll think about Kolarov, McCarthy and Berahino afterwards. I could do Kolarov to Bellerin and Berahino to Sturridge I think which would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

-12 under serious consideration....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Long time I haven't posted in here.

Defense is Cedric Martin Huth Kolarov Gomez

Would you guys take another pts hit (will be on -8 when I'll have replaced Agüero) or stick with it?

My options in defense are either another City def (Zab? Kompany?) or go for Bellerin long term. Or a Swansea def? Or double up on a WB def (home to Sunderland this week too)?

I don't consider the AOA option since my 5th mid is Westwood away to Chelsea.

-12 sounds crazy but my team needed and still needs sorting and I feel this could be the best week for a mini-WC transfer policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All aboard the -16 train (i reckon most serious players are on around -8 so it could work out)

Pelle, Mane, Walcott, Costa and Dawson all in, Ings, Pedro, Mahrez, Aguero and Gomez all out. Lining up as follows:

Butland
    Francis Souare Dawson
    Mane Walcott Sanchez KDB
    Martial Pelle Costa

Rather not have to play Francis but no choice with Kolarov injury. Should be an interesting weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All aboard the -16 train (i reckon most serious players are on around -8 so it could work out)

Pelle, Mane, Walcott, Costa and Dawson all in, Ings, Pedro, Mahrez, Aguero and Gomez all out. Lining up as follows:

Butland
    Francis Souare Dawson
    Mane Walcott Sanchez KDB
    Martial Pelle Costa

Rather not have to play Francis but no choice with Kolarov injury. Should be an interesting weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    -12 under serious consideration....

I've done it after not taking a hit all season. I figured this is as good as any week to do it considering how many players seem to taking hits this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

All done.....hopefully.
    3 Transfers for -4.
    Aguero Diouf and Kolarov replaced with Bony Lukaku and Gabriel.
    Wilfried has the captaincy atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

All done.....hopefully.
    3 Transfers for -4.
    Aguero Diouf and Kolarov replaced with Bony Lukaku and Gabriel.
    Wilfried has the captaincy atm.

Neoulous wrote: »
    Long time I haven't posted in here.

Defense is Cedric Martin Huth Kolarov Gomez

Would you guys take another pts hit (will be on -8 when I'll have replaced Agüero) or stick with it?

My options in defense are either another City def (Zab? Kompany?) or go for Bellerin long term. Or a Swansea def? Or double up on a WB def (home to Sunderland this week too)?

I don't consider the AOA option since my 5th mid is Westwood away to Chelsea.

-12 sounds crazy but my team needed and still needs sorting and I feel this could be the best week for a mini-WC transfer policy.

This is pretty much the hit I'm considering for -12.

I've both Kolarov and Gomez so I'd expect a -4 next week if i don't do it now. I have to play Martin who will be lucky to get above zero this week i think. Kolarov to Bellerin or Bertie give a decent chance of break even and an extra ft.

Relevant clean sheet odds are:
    Norwich 11/4
    Arsenal 11/8
    Swansea  11/8
    Southampton 6/4

-8 done 2 transfers tonight bony and costa in for aguero and murray. Hoping pelle wakes up tomorrow and thinks its late jan/ feb 2015 again:pac:

. Hoping pelle wakes up tomorrow and thinks its late jan/ feb 2015 again:pac:

Never speak of those dark times.

Nice transfers. I'm afraid of Bony a wee bit now.

Costa (c)?

• Advertisement

-8 done 2 transfers tonight bony and costa in for aguero and murray. Hoping pelle wakes up tomorrow and thinks its late jan/ feb 2015 again:pac:

I love Graziano "The Italian Stallion" Pelle but his alter ego BUIB would be welcome for a few weeks now that the masses converge.

Mane and Martial over Pelle and Mata is cheaper and more explosive so I have to go for it but Pelle has become one of my favourite players.

I hope I don't end up fecking up this WC over no Mahrez, Vardy or Pelle. No points hit should be a great boost whatever my players do :pac:

Never speak of those dark times.

Nice transfers. I'm afraid of Bony a wee bit now.

Costa (c)?

Ye at the minute its on costa. A strange week really after news of aguero's injury I said it was mad to consider bony as there was a few negatives with the transfer. However as the week went on and I started looking at the other alternatives I came to the conclusion that there was more negatives with every other striker I was considering. CSF gave me the idea to go with 2 of the striker options as I was struggling to make my mind up. I never had BUIB back in january but am going to stay away as I remember how traumatised all you guys were:P. Like yourself Im now benching mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Went for a -8 in the end, went Martial->Pelle early doors, got Bony in for Kun and have now gone Kolarov->Berty.

Was thinking of holding off on getting rid of Kolarov till next week, but Nyom, Muniesa, and potentially Mahrez might need looking at anyway so I bit the bullet.

Hopefully -8's about standard for the serious players anyway.

Only issue now is who to captain? On Pelle at the moment, don't trust that Sanchez will start. Other options Bony, KDB?

Team value 97.4 - 6.9m in the bank. I cannot leave that sitting there till Kun comes back. Strong front 8 incoming for an an AOA? (was it FHFC suggested GW 12)?

8 point hit taken for;
    OUT: Aguero, Westwood, Kolarov
    IN: Lukaku, De Bruyne, Zabaleta

Team is:

Gomes
    Zabaleta Cawson Martin
    Sanchez De Bruyne Payet Ayew
    Pelle Lukaku Berahino

Guzan Mahrez Muniesa Gomez

The remaining question is do I play AOA. It's basically Martin (keeping AOA) v Mahrez (using AOA). Or, a further -4 for Gomez/Muniesa to Bellerin, leaving Mahrez and Martin on the bench.
    1 - Play Martin, bench Mahrez, keep AOA
    2 - Play Mahrez, bench Martin, use AOA
    3 - Bring in and start Bellerin (-4), benching Mahrez + Martin, keepng AOA.

Ye at the minute its on costa. A strange week really after news of aguero's injury I said it was mad to consider bony as there was a few negatives with the transfer. However as the week went on and I started looking at the other alternatives I came to the conclusion that there was more negatives with every other striker I was considering. CSF gave me the idea to go with 2 of the striker options as I was struggling to make my mind up. I never had BUIB back in january but am going to stay away as I remember how traumatised all you guys were:P. Like yourself Im now benching mahrez.

https://twitter.com/EmKWhy/status/653891302338220033

Both Bony and Costa have been pretty woeful when they've played so far this year while Pelle is on super form. Last year i got him as a differential as his stats suggested high scores imimnently but they never came while Kane had his purple patch at the same time.

Interesting gw ahead as we're all gone different wats after our wee Aguero template imploded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    8 point hit taken for;

Team is:

Gomes
    Zabaleta Cawson Martin
    Pelle Lukaku Berahino

The remaining question is do I play AOA. It's basically Martin (keeping AOA) v Mahrez (using AOA). Or, a further -4 for Gomez/Muniesa to Bellerin, leaving Mahrez and Martin on the bench.

The AOAs confuse me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Jeez... I'm not taking any hit this week? Doctor, am I sick :p?

I currently line-up as follow
    Myhill
    Azpi Bertie Souaré
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez
    Pellè Martial Vardy
    Hennessey ; Wanyama, Kolarov, Saylor
    £5.0m in the bank

So don't really feel the need for a hit this week. Kolarov may need sorting (though if he comes back for Norwich, I may have more pressing concerns).

My transfer was Agüero to Pellè. I'd love Hazard but £0.3m short from Mahrez. So -8 for that and downgrading Kolarov to I don't know who sounds madness. But Hazard frightens me this week-end.

If I get my captain right I could be on for a good week considering all these hits. Though experience tells me that playing FPL is having the mentality of the defenders (always expect for the worse) not the attackers (always expect for the best) :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    8 point hit taken for;

Team is:

Gomes
    Zabaleta Cawson Martin
    Pelle Lukaku Berahino

Berahino's doubtful though so I wouldn't go playing the AOA.

Berahino's doubtful though so I wouldn't go playing the AOA.

Yeah, with some form of question mark over Berahino, Mahrez and Sanchez I'm thinking the AOA could be wasted if I played it. On the other hand, one look at Mahrez' points each GW and it looks madness to bench him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did my wildcard, I have so many options I dunno where to begin

Cech Butland
    Targett, Kompany, Azpa, Bellerin, Dawson
    Mane, De Bruen, Sanchez, Mahrez, Kouyate
    Lukaku, Pelle, Ighalo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did my wildcard, I have so many options I dunno where to begin

Cech Butland
    Targett, Kompany, Azpa, Bellerin, Dawson
    Mane, De Bruen, Sanchez, Mahrez, Kouyate
    Lukaku, Pelle, Ighalo

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    Jeez... I'm not taking any hit this week? Doctor, am I sick :p?

I currently line-up as follow
    Myhill
    Azpi Bertie Souaré
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez
    Pellè Martial Vardy
    Hennessey ; Wanyama, Kolarov, Saylor
    £5.0m in the bank

So don't really feel the need for a hit this week. Kolarov may need sorting (though if he comes back for Norwich, I may have more pressing concerns).

My transfer was Agüero to Pellè. I'd love Hazard but £0.3m short from Mahrez. So -8 for that and downgrading Kolarov to I don't know who sounds madness. But Hazard frightens me this week-end.

If I get my captain right I could be on for a good week considering all these hits. Though experience tells me that playing FPL is having the mentality of the defenders (always expect for the worse) not the attackers (always expect for the best) :pac:...

The smugness of the GW3 wildcarder is exceeded only by the smugness of the GW8 wildcarder.... :);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Having already done Gomis and Pedro to Ighalo and de Bruyne for -4 earlier in the gameweek, I took a further -8 hit to bring me to -12. Brought in Costa and Dawson for Aguero and Kolarov. Like Paully my first hit of the season and as good a gameweek as any as the majority of serious players will be taking a hit this week I'd say with the carnage that happened over the break.

https://twitter.com/EmKWhy/status/653891302338220033

Both Bony and Costa have been pretty woeful when they've played so far this year while Pelle is on super form. Last year i got him as a differential as his stats suggested high scores imimnently but they never came while Kane had his purple patch at the same time.

Interesting gw ahead as we're all gone different wats after our wee Aguero template imploded.

That doesn't look good . Rightly or wrongly I don't pay much heed to stats . I've a more simple approach do they play for teams I think will score goals in the next few weeks.

That doesn't look good . Rightly or wrongly I don't pay much heed to stats . I've a more simple approach do they play for teams I think will score goals in the next few weeks.

Those Bony stats are skewed as most of his appearances were runs out as sub. Nut they still put me off him, they were posted by a former FPL winner.

I think City will score goals too and Bony will do ok, but I think/ hope it could take them time to adjust to not having Aguero as focal point. I'm possibly most worried about Yaya with Pens and being thrown forward if they need goals.

I've learned that stats are helpful but need to be taken in context of actual form. Pelle had crazy high shots and shots on target etc last Jan which seemed to indicate a haul coming, but actually indicated a striker way out of form who couldn't buy a goal not matter how hard he tried!!

Team stats (shots on target being a key one, and shots in box conceded defensively) are possibly the most useful to indicate, or confirm your thinking, on the teams who will score goals in the next few games.

Those Bony stats are skewed as most of his appearances were runs out as sub. Nut they still put me off him, they were posted by a former FPL winner.

I think City will score goals too and Bony will do ok, but I think/ hope it could take them time to adjust to not having Aguero as focal point. I'm possibly most worried about Yaya with Pens and being thrown forward if they need goals.

I've learned that stats are helpful but need to be taken in context of actual form. Pelle had crazy high shots and shots on target etc last Jan which seemed to indicate a haul coming, but actually indicated a striker way out of form who couldn't buy a goal not matter how hard he tried!!

Team stats (shots on target being a key one, and shots in box conceded defensively) are possibly the most useful to indicate, or confirm your thinking, on the teams who will score goals in the next few games.

Ye team stats is something I'd be more interested in . With Costa I just feel Chelsea will turn the corner or if they lose to villa Mourinho will get sacked.My belief is that city arsenal Chelsea will score the most goals so try and get as many of their attackers in as I can. I have 2 arsenal mids most of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've been a casual for the past week and now with less than 1 hour to deadline I'm in to make my transfers.

I'm going to have lost some value, but I needed the break, lol

The final -4 to take me to -8 done. Kolarov to Bellerin. If i come close to break even on those moves I'll be delighted. Mini wildcard and set up for a few weeks hopefully.

The final -4 to take me to -8 done. Kolarov to Bellerin. If i come close to break even on those moves I'll be delighted. Mini wildcard and set up for a few weeks hopefully.

Similar. Was wary about making 4 changes and taking a -12 but sure it had to be done! I've never gone beyond a -8 before but way too many injuries. Just need to get KDB (wanted him this week but alas, the best laid plans...) and I should be sorted for the next few weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

But if advice for final WC draft please!

Jaanmat and Souare

Or

Zab and a cheapie (Targett???)

Or could downgrade Cabaye to cheapie and get Kompany plus cheapie in.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I presume now that Kompany has had flag removed, he'll be straight back into the team ? ;)

(last minute panic buys activated. SPEND SPEND SPEND! )

• Advertisement
Advertisement