Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭HoopsLad1888

Is costa still banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Is costa still banned

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I hadn't realised Davies only missed 1 game.

I went Martin, Williams, Jarvis and Ayew to Davies, Moreno, Theo and Fletcher with 0.1 to spare.

Whether it remains we shall see. I do like a splash of green and yellow in my team though :o

I may have woken up (ok I couldn't sleep) at about 1:50 and did Theo, Fletcher, Mane and Martial to Ayew, Mata, Jarvis and Pelle :pac:

I didn't feel comfortable leaving Ayew out and I think Pelle and Mata will have better out put over the coming weeks while Jarvis is a luxury I can probably ill afford. Pelle scaring the crap out of me from everyone having him.

I love Theo to bits. Possibly 3rd behind yourself and CSF (for that GW38 captaining bonanza) but I can't have a 8.6 player with constant doubts when I have Sanchez too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Mahrez is becoming a bit of a pain. Too expensive as a 5th midfielder but can't bring myself to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Had already done a -4 but when I saw Hazard drop I had to pounce. I think he will hit form very soon and that is probably the cheapest he will be all season. Third -8 in a row(last time this season hopefully).
    Gomez to Bellerin
    Aguero to Pelle
    Mahrez to Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I am fairly alone in this boat, but I really, really need to KDB to have a quiet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Had already done a -4 but when I saw Hazard drop I had to pounce. Third -8 in a row(last time this season hopefully).
    Gomez to Bellerin
    Aguero to Pelle
    Mahrez to Hazard

Was tempted even before the drop but held off.
    I'm hoping Mahrez starts eventhough I have him benched this week 'cos I like his fixtures next 4 GWs.

Aguero -> Pelle
    Ayew -> KDB
    Kolorov -> Monreal

-8, but not scared. Paid the price before of hanging on to injured players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Mata Sterling Payet Ayew Mahrez
    Aguero Martial Deeney

Aguero to Pelle done last night, Sterling to De Bruyne likely to be done tonight for -4. Now for a -8 do I:
    1. Ayew to Sanchez
    2. Ayew to Hazard
    3. Martial to Costa
    4. Mahrez to Walcott
    5. Keep Sterling, Mahrez to Walcott & Martial to Costa

As soon as Aguero got injured my plan was Pelle, KDB & Sanchez but the thought of no Chelsea at home to Villa is worrying despite their awful form.
    The safest option is stopping at -4 and waiting for next week to make for free your -8 move. If Chelsea fails again your extra 4 pts hit will haunt you. Sanchez away to Watford and who played with a minor groin annoyance last night may wait for another week to join your team.
    Even if Ayew is rested you'd have a decent front 7.

About your 5 options I'd favour 1. Sanchez is better to own than to worry about.

Now. Sterling is a tough one. Of course, based on form and recent returns, KDB sounds essential. But with the holy City trio (Agüero-Silva-Yaya) possibly out Sterling could play in an advanced position (that rarely suited him at 'Pool though, he lacks "clinicallity") or just benefit from their absence.

Maybe another option is Ayew to KDB (problem is we probably won't have news on Ayew's fitness before tonight) and play your 2 City mids this GW and move Sterling out for e.g. Sanchez next week (Manchester derby for Sterling, Everton at home for Sanchez). It also allows you to evaluate Chelsea options.

Please tell me that's the option you chose !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Vardy in. Martial I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That doesn't look good . Rightly or wrongly I don't pay much heed to stats . I've a more simple approach do they play for teams I think will score goals in the next few weeks.

Bony and Costa well done lads. Your stats will look better tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bony and Costa well done lads. Your stats will look better tonight.

Lies damned lies and statistics...

Nice result...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

51 for the week after hits, not great going on some of the scores i've seen but at least its keeping me over 50 and my team is looking in better shape than it has been

I posted here yesterday about taking a 12 point hit and not using my WC.

The response was that I should use my WC. Thanks for the input guys. I did use it and have moved from 100k to 18k.

Genuinely appreciate the advice guys. I know my soccer but not yet used to FPL tactics so your advice was golden. This is an interesting and very very informative forum. Cheers.

Edit - 85 points for the week with no Sterling or Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I posted here yesterday about taking a 12 point hit and not using my WC.

The response was that I should use my WC. Thanks for the input guys. I did use it and have moved from 100k to 18k.

Genuinely appreciate the advice guys. I know my soccer but not yet used to FPL tactics so your advice was golden. This is an interesting and very very informative forum. Cheers.

Edit - 85 points for the week with no Sterling or Bony.
    Very nice week!!!

• Advertisement

Right, feel it's a job for iroced. I only very slightly started it.

2 GWs ago I started to question Sanchez value (seriously). Ye' all know how it ended up.
    Last GW I reverse-psychologically questioned Agüers value.
    So. Costa?

Jeez don't ever go close to him again! The man is a disgrace to football, only focusing in the nasty aspects of the game and getting defenders to react to his provocations and be red carded instead of tryting to actually score for his team.
    Look how he almost by himself turn the fabulous Spanish team into an average anonymous one at the last WC. It is no surprise that Spain is becoming a gain a great team without him.
    I'd say Mourinho did him so lmuch wrong he's almost finished npw. remember his Atletico years under Simeone. A poison on the pitch but e lethal scorer too. He was as interested into his "bitch" behaviour than his scoring stats. Now he forgot about the latter part.
    And Chelsea are all ove rthe shop right now. They're becoming an average side. There's also Mourinho' sthird year factor where his seasons generally turn into disaster.

Seriously though, he's not a player I rate very high, not as bad as what I just wrote but a very 1-dimensional one.

Right. Feel free to captain him now lads :pac:.
    Hmmm... It worked again :rolleyes: :pac:. Why the hell did I go with Pellè :p ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hmmm... It worked again :rolleyes: :pac:. Why the hell did I go with Pellè :p ?!

I only saw the highlights from MOTD, but he scored a tap in goal from a terrible defensive mistake and got an assist on a cross own goal. Not that it matters much from an FPL perspective of course

I only saw the highlights from MOTD, but he scored a tap in goal from a terrible defensive mistake and got an assist on a cross own goal. Not that it matters much from an FPL perspective of course
    Didn't know about that.

But it actually starts to frighten me. You imply he got fortunate enough goal & assist. But, but, but... that suits just too perfectly my auto-retro-whatever jinxing voodoo :eek: :pac:!

Advertisement