Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Broadband speed

Options
  • 03-10-2015 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey I'm hoping some of you can help me please.

I recently got home broadband after years of not being to get it. Before that I had mobile broadband which was a pain with it's 15gb cap. When it came to gaming it was a torture, as I'd be thrashing someone with less than a minute left than bam! disconnected. I don't know how many time's I came close to putting my controller through my tv ha.

Thankfully I got home broadband as data usages has soared with Xbox One, while playing on the 360 I'd use maybe 50mb after an hour but with the One it can use up to 500mb! Only problem is my speed isn't very fast. It's actually slower than Mobile which makes some games very laggy but doesn't have the same disconnect rate luckily as it's more stable.

I've checked my internet speed and it's ping is 56, download speed 0.68 mbs, upload speed 0.11 mbs.
    On the xbox it's Download speed is 0.67 ,Latency 198 ms, upload Speed 0.08 mbs, wireless strength 93%, Packet loss 0% , MTU 1460.

I'm with Vodafone and was thinking of getting a new modem but I'm not sure if that make much of a difference. I live in a real farmer area of the country so it's the best choice I have. If any of you guys know any tips it be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Based on your speedtest then comparing it to your xbox speedtest it looks right. The latency can be ignored as it is pinging to Seattle where Microsoft is based so that explains why that is so high and is the case for everyone.

Where are you based?

Have you asked over on the Broadband subforum about alternative options? Some of the 4g/antennae based broadbands are very good these days & might be a better alternative for you?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

I'm based in Meath

I'll ask them their opinion, cheers. Unfortunately their is no 4g or antennae broadbands available in my area.

Advertisement