Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lots of hoofing and route 1 at the moment.

Chelsea so much better than Kiev. Pity we just can't convert. Especially as Kiev have been getting a bit more into the game in the last 15 minutes.

Kiev are toothless. This really is a match we should be winning.

Fabregas is a bit on the slow side.

Oscar for Fabregas. Not surprising. Cesc had flashes, but is just a bit off the pace. Which is worrying when you consider how uncompetitive Kiev have been.

• Advertisement

Anyone else watching this, or have yiz all defected to the Emirates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

McDave wrote: »
    Anyone else watching this, or have yiz all defected to the Emirates?

I'll be happy to get out with the point now.

A point is is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That game was there to be won and we could have lost it in the end!

No ivanovic and 2 clean sheets, no coincidence there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

We missed Ivan crosses into box. A bit more solid at the back is the only good thing .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

waste of time competition, Barça have it won sure.

No point playing, they should give the under 14 team a run around for this joke of a competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    We missed Ivan crosses into box. A bit more solid at the back is the only good thing .

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good performance, ramieres man of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

No point playing, they should give the under 14 team a run around for this joke of a competition.

Is that you monkey ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'll never miss the sight of Ivan bombing up the wing and hitting the first man with a cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

A point isnt too bad we deserved 3pts with the chances we had, hitting the bar and post and having a stone wall penalty turned down too.

Beat them at home and 4 point from 2 games wont be bad.

All in for West Ham now as theyre useless at home and we're useless away. Theyve 4 pts from 4 home games and weve got 4 pts from 4 away games.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'll never miss the sight of Ivan bombing up the wing and hitting the first man with a cross.

And taking 2mins to get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

That's more like your old self :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The result may have been meh, but the performance sounds more encouraging than the Villa game, poor finishing and lack of luck stopped it from being a convincing win for Chelsea. I'd be more positive after tonights game than Saturday just gone I think.

The result may have been meh, but the performance sounds more encouraging than the Villa game, poor finishing and lack of luck stopped it from being a convincing win for Chelsea. I'd be more positive after tonights game than Saturday just gone I think.

I wouldn't say we've turned the corner yet. Villa are poor. Kiev were surprisingly muted last night, and there for the taking. There were some nasty wobbles in central defence. I think a better team would have forced more errors. Terry and Cahill are no longer rock solid. Zouma is definitely a prospect, but still a bit raw at times.

Fabregas is worryingly slighty (i.e. at this level too much) off the pace. Rambo was Rambo. Matic was better. When Oscar came on he had no impact (perhaps he should have been on a bit earlier).

Up front, Hazard showed some good flashes, but was far from a game changer. Costa was OK.

On the positive side, the Usual Suspects these days were very good: Begovich, Dave and Willian. We also went very close twice and were denied a penalty.

I'd consider it two points lost that a properly functioning Chelsea would have bagged. We're still well off our pace, but being optimistic maybe, just maybe we're building some momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Have to say best performance for a while so that was a positive. We are looking very short of confidence up front but I guess that will come if we get the defensive side sorted out. Beat Kiev at home and we are more or less through to the last 16 and that is the object of the exercise for the group stage.

Positives were Matic in the second half was quite good (poor enough first half), Cesc starting to get into dangerous areas and Costa seems more intent on playing football than looking just for a fight. Hazard is terribly short of confidence even at the end of the match when we broke he had half an empty pitch in front of him and instead of driving toward the area he slowed it down waiting for support, still was a good effort by Willian though. JT seems to be making one brainfart per match which is worrying, Happy has serious pace, Willian gets better and better, Dave is becoming a rock, Ram played well sadly Oscar looked awful when he came on - hopefully just found it hard to get to the pace of the game.

We seem to be slowly improving, a brave ref and a bit of luck last night and we were clear winners. Interesting run of games coming up Happy Hammers and Stoke away Liverpool and Kiev at home we could have a much better idea of how we are getting on after that.

I wonder if Kenedy and Traore will get a game against Stoke after all the hype they seem to have disappeared down a black hole.

The small bit of confidence that we are building could all come crashing down at the weekend if we dont beat West Ham. Ive said it already but theyre home record is poor this year and our away record is as poor as their home record.

It looks nailed on to be a draw, last year we done the double against them but if I remember the Upton Park game, we needed a string of excellent saves by Courtois to win us the game.

I'm delighted that Begovic is doing so well but I miss Courtois. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The small bit of confidence that we are building could all come crashing down at the weekend if we dont beat West Ham. Ive said it already but theyre home record is poor this year and our away record is as poor as their home record.

It looks nailed on to be a draw, last year we done the double against them but if I remember the Upton Park game, we needed a string of excellent saves by Courtois to win us the game.

I'm delighted that Begovic is doing so well but I miss Courtois. :o

Do you miss Cech Gav? :pac::pac:

Sorry Sorry.... :o

ronjo wrote: »
    Do you miss Cech Gav? :pac::pac:

Sorry Sorry.... :o

Had Cech stuck around he'd have played double the games he did last year but he wasnt to know that Courtois would be out for months.

Begovic has performed really well, not surprising though as hes a good goalkeeper so I dont think we miss Cech on a professional level at least, as Courtois, IMO, is better than him and Begovic isnt a huge step down, hes been one of our best performers this year, which shows ya where we are as a side right now.

On a personal level, again, not really, its a bit like Mata to Utd, you never want to lose a player to a rival but once they decide to go you get over it and dont hold a grudge or feel any ill will towards them, thats pretty short sighted by fans and you wish them the best as long as it doesnt cost your own team :pac:

Jose will probably be done for his comments about the ref after the decision not to award the penalty but christ, with a ref and official behind the goal, surely 1 of them can see the clear foul on Cesc :pac:

If not, book him for diving but the Kyiv player threw his leg across Cesc and catches him, theres no conspiracy, thats a load of balls, its much worse than that, its the incompetence of supposed top refs to see clear as day fouls. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Not sure how we managed to not get the 3 points last night but the point is a decent result. First decent game Matic has had in ages, Azpi was great (Yarmolenko is no slouch anyway) and Willian was his usual self. Only annoying thing (aside from the result) was our persistance with the long balls out from Begovic? Costa is no target man anyway but against some mobile 6'5 chap he never had a chance? It may be due to playing with 3 CBs 95% of the time though that Mourinho doesn't have any faith in bringing it out from the back...

Jose will probably be done for his comments about the ref after the decision not to award the penalty but christ, with a ref and official behind the goal, surely 1 of them can see the clear foul on Cesc :pac:

If not, book him for diving but the Kyiv player threw his leg across Cesc and catches him, theres no conspiracy, thats a load of balls, its much worse than that, its the incompetence of supposed top refs to see clear as day fouls. :o

Can the FA do him as it was a European competition, also it has been shown that it is acceptable to call an experienced referee weak and naive.

I think it is borne from a little frustration as well against Porto on matchday two an absolute blatant handball was missed directly in front of the whateverheissupposedtobe behind the goal and the linesman though they were no more than 5 and 10m from the incident and had an unobstructed view. Then again on matchday 3 a referee no more than 10m from the incident with no players in the way chooses not to see the incident even though it was also quite blatant. Assuming we had scored the penalties we would be 3 points better off and all but qualified so TSHO is justified in making the comments what is the point of having 6 officials in European games in no one sees anything?

hots wrote: »
    Not sure how we managed to not get the 3 points last night but the point is a decent result. First decent game Matic has had in ages, Azpi was great (Yarmolenko is no slouch anyway) and Willian was his usual self. Only annoying thing (aside from the result) was our persistance with the long balls out from Begovic? Costa is no target man anyway but against some mobile 6'5 chap he never had a chance? It may be due to playing with 3 CBs 95% of the time though that Mourinho doesn't have any faith in bringing it out from the back...

I'd guess Kyiv had about 55-60% of the ball but they created very little, maybe 1 chance that Begovic dealt with pretty easily, on the other hand we had hit the post, bar and had a penalty not given, all on top of creating 1 or 2 good shooting chances that they got blocks in.

I did say before hand a draw wouldnt be the worse result and I stand by that but ya, we did deserve more than that, I just hope the players see that theyre sort of heading the right way and with a bit of luck we'd have won that game by 2 or 3 goals last night. Look at our remaining UCL fixtures, we've got Kyiv and Porto at home and Tel Aviv away, IMo if we dont pick up at least 7 points I'd be seriously disappointed.

If we beat Porto at home we should hopefully top the group too.

Can the FA do him as it was a European competition, also it has been shown that it is acceptable to call an experienced referee weak and naive.

No, but UEFA can still hand out punishments to managers for UEFA games.
    I think it is borne from a little frustration as well against Porto on matchday two an absolute blatant handball was missed directly in front of the whateverheissupposedtobe behind the goal and the linesman though they were no more than 5 and 10m from the incident and had an unobstructed view. Then again on matchday 3 a referee no more than 10m from the incident with no players in the way chooses not to see the incident even though it was also quite blatant. Assuming we had scored the penalties we would be 3 points better off and all but qualified so TSHO is justified in making the comments what is the point of having 6 officials in European games in no one sees anything?

Its annoying really as you said it possibily gives us a point against Porto and 3 pts against Kyiv and sees us sitting pretty on 7pts after 3 games.

• Advertisement

The BT commentary was comical , robbie savage was hopeless and the main guy though courtois was in goal

peteeeed wrote: »
    The BT commentary was comical , robbie savage was hopeless and the main guy though courtois was in goal

I seen that on Twitter alright. Courtois making a spectacular comeback to keep a clean sheet it seems. :pac:

John Terry. What a bastard.

Just gotta love the IT crowd, classic series.

There are some truly despicable people around the place

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/chelsea-fc-memorabilia-stolen-despicable-10305317?

Stealing from a charity is pretty low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Just gotta love the IT crowd, classic series.

It's never boring watching the IT Crowd

• Advertisement

Speaking of despicable people 2nd time this year Kiev fans have been involved in racist incidents inside their own ground

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/21/uefa-investigate-attack-black-fans-dynamo-kyiv-chelsea?

This is as low as PSG fans attacking disabled Chelsea supporters but TSHO gets fined more for chatting about a ref go figure

Speaking of despicable people 2nd time this year Kiev fans have been involved in racist incidents inside their own ground

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/21/uefa-investigate-attack-black-fans-dynamo-kyiv-chelsea?

This is as low as PSG fans attacking disabled Chelsea supporters but TSHO gets fined more for chatting about a ref go figure

Those idiots supporting Chelsea who were racist in Paris were rightfully pillared by the media and footballing bodies, because this didnt directly invovle an English side, watch it garner little to no attention.

That really goes without saying Gav had it been the other way around of course the pretend outrage would have been mega.

But what happens away from the grounds is very difficult / impossible for clubs to do anything about (other than implement retrospective stadium bans as Chelsea did) but Kiev fans are abusing inside their ground - the club should be able to do something about that.

That really goes without saying Gav had it been the other way around of course the pretend outrage would have been mega.

But what happens away from the grounds is very difficult / impossible for clubs to do anything about (other than implement retrospective stadium bans as Chelsea did) but Kiev fans are abusing inside their ground - the club should be able to do something about that.

Oh I agree, unless I read the article wrong, it says the 4 fans abused were home supporters.

Those idiots supporting Chelsea who were racist in Paris were rightfully pillared by the media and footballing bodies, because this didnt directly invovle an English side, watch it garner little to no attention.

Exactly, it's almost just accepted because it's in Eastern Europe. If it happened in London or Manchester you'd be seeing Fifa/Uefa acting straight away.

• Advertisement

I wonder will we put one over the happy hammers this weekend?

A win would probably oush us into the top half of the table, no more waiting for the TV channels to switch to the bottom half of the table. :D

Well....hopefully, I'm not entirely confident in our away ability to pick up 3 pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Wandering down Pearse street in Dublin yesterday evening and who walks by only Dennis Wise. Taller than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

bullpost wrote: »
    Wandering down Pearse street in Dublin yesterday evening and who walks by only Dennis Wise. Taller than I expected.

He scored a fuppin great goal...................

He scored a fuppin great goal...................

At the San Siro??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Conversely JT is shorter than I expected

City and Arsenal doing well for the English clubs this week.

Utd and Chelsea get tough draws away in Eastern Europe too, not so bad for all involved in the big cup.

Classic piece of Wisey play getting Nicky Butt sent off at the Bridge, he looked like a 1960's throw back on Satanta the other night. Fergie was most likely right about him starting a fight with his shadow but he gave it his all on the pitch for us. Lifted a good few pots as well domestic and European.

I've a match at 2.30 on Saturday so I'll miss the majority of our game. :o

Hoping that we can get the job done ourselves, Utd hosting City at the weekend so theres scope for us, if we win to at least make up some points on one of them if we win.

Lots of ifs and buts I know, so as long as we get the business done on Saturday I'll be happy, its way too early to suggest those above us are concerned with us and looking over their shoulders but it has to be a matter of time before we start putting a few wins together and the coming weeks we've a tough run of games in Europe, in the league and in the cup.

setanta are showing the big one on saturday .....villa v swansea

peteeeed wrote: »
    setanta are showing the big one on saturday .....villa v swansea

I'll have to cancel our match and sit down and watch this.

/Drool

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement