Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Can we manage to win back to back league games? I remain highly skeptical as weve saints away next. Was good while it lasted.

Hope JT isnt out long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

At least ye guys were cool enough to beat a relegation team
    #LVGOUT

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

astonaidan wrote: »
    At least ye guys were cool enough to beat a fellow relegation team
    #LVGOUT

FTFY. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Musaunda scores for betis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Nice result, when did we last win by 4 in PL ?

and positive goal diff!!!

finally!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well sunny side up, that scoreline was unexpected!
    PSG are quivering in their booties.
    And so they should!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    And Oscar to be sold to the Far East. :pac:

No other reason for him to be out of the 18, unless he got injured yesterday.

Illness apparently wasn't to be risked before Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Upside to JT out if he is out is we will have balance and it might mean we stick with a proper left and right back combination. Still good win but it was only the barcodes.

Interesting that the lesser spotted Papy scored for Bremen and once again played the full 90. I have no idea if he is any good but can't be that bad still rankles we get players and never give them a chance.

Upside to JT out if he is out is we will have balance and it might mean we stick with a proper left and right back combination. Still good win but it was only the barcodes.

Interesting that the lesser spotted Papy scored for Bremen and once again played the full 90. I have no idea if he is any good but can't be that bad still rankles we get players and never give them a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Whatever anyone may think of Guus he has given the youth more opportunity's in this ten games or so than Jose has ever given them!
    I like the look of BaBa even if he is a little raw and Traore looks to be a real striker in his last two cameos. Grumpy it may be only the Toon but it's a game I've not relished in the last few years and the way we went about our business from front to back was impressive, Costa in the form that he was in yesterday is unstoppable, he's focused on goal and some of is runs yesterday were excellent all be it he was assisted in a poor Taylor and Janmaat. The only disappointment was Hazard, he couldn't beat a man any time he tried, I cant decide if it's a loss of form or interest but he is somewhere short of the player Jose put in the same category as Ronaldo and Messi last season. It would be nice to see Kenedy get some game time but I suppose we cant complain when we ended the game with RLC BaBa and Traore on the pitch.
    Roll on Paris, with a little luck Guus is getting us to click just in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Whatever anyone may think of Guus he has given the youth more opportunity's in this ten games or so than Jose has ever given them!
    I like the look of BaBa even if he is a little raw and Traore looks to be a real striker in his last two cameos. Grumpy it may be only the Toon but it's a game I've not relished in the last few years and the way we went about our business from front to back was impressive, Costa in the form that he was in yesterday is unstoppable, he's focused on goal and some of is runs yesterday were excellent all be it he was assisted in a poor Taylor and Janmaat. The only disappointment was Hazard, he couldn't beat a man any time he tried, I cant decide if it's a loss of form or interest but he is somewhere short of the player Jose put in the same category as Ronaldo and Messi last season. It would be nice to see Kenedy get some game time but I suppose we cant complain when we ended the game with RLC BaBa and Traore on the pitch.
    Roll on Paris, with a little luck Guus is getting us to click just in time.

Next 2 games are saints who are in fune form and norwich. We should at least get another 3 pts from those games.

Weve also got costa back to his bullish best. The run behind collocini for willians goal was brilliant to see as he was willing to do it in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Masked 11

PvUtzQg.jpg

Not a bad team

Our position in the league since Gus took over:

Bd4B0eq.png

Not bad and certainly far better then we were doing but we should be at least 5 points better off

Lukker- wrote: »
    Our position in the league since Gus took over:

Bd4B0eq.png

Not bad and certainly far better then we were doing but we should be at least 5 points better off

Ya, we should have lost to everton, beat WBA home and away.

Our next league game isnt for nearly 2 weeks so its a tough spot, PSG and City are our cup finals this year.

• Advertisement

Masked 11

PvUtzQg.jpg

Not a bad team

Took me a few seconds to figure out Paulo at FB.
    Jesus, that picture is one baddd head shot of him!

Yes indeed Gav our season could be beginning or ending in the next few weeks.

The French league is poor but then so are we by and large. Two decent results against very poor MK Dons and Barcodes awful display for 60 minutes against United and a good display against Arsenal - even if they were a man down it was clear before the sending off we were up for the game.

So how good are PSG and have we found some form just at the right time, will make for a very interesting match on Tuesday. PSG definitely favourites for the tie but a long way from a foregone conclusion now. If we come away from Paris with a score draw I would fancy us to be honest.

Yes indeed Gav our season could be beginning or ending in the next few weeks.

The French league is poor but then so are we by and large. Two decent results against very poor MK Dons and Barcodes awful display for 60 minutes against United and a good display against Arsenal - even if they were a man down it was clear before the sending off we were up for the game.

So how good are PSG and have we found some form just at the right time, will make for a very interesting match on Tuesday. PSG definitely favourites for the tie but a long way from a foregone conclusion now. If we come away from Paris with a score draw I would fancy us to be honest.

We got a score draw last year but had chances to win the game in Paris. :o

I'm not expecting anything from the game but it would be nice to push on in Europe into the QF's, from there, anything is possible.

Look at the draws, Befica v Zenit, I'd fancy us against either of those and youve also got Gent vs Wolfsburg, thats another 2 teams I'd fancy us against.

So there is scope to go far, depending on the draw, you've also got Real v Roma and Juventus v Bayern, Arsenal v Barca. Thats 3 draws where youre going to lose 3 very good sides.

Bye bye Eden.
    'It's hard to say no to PSG, as with all teams capable of winning the
    Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Bye bye Eden.

Good f*cking riddance ..

• Advertisement

Warm up Kenedy, you're up next!

Bye bye Eden.

Madrid, PSG if he wants out play them against each other see what we can get and as has been mentioned good riddance. If you cant feel motivated playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, in one of the best cities in the world for the guts of ST£200k a week then you need to look at yourself.

Good f*cking riddance ..
    Panthro wrote: »
    Warm up Kenedy, you're up next!

If we get in and around 70m for him from Paris or Madrid it would be a blessing.

I seen the full Newcastle game online Saturday night and he was good but he wasnt last season Hazard good, even when he wasnt scoring or assisting last year he was involved in everything else.

I'm not sure if hes just seeing out his time until the summer in looking for a move, which is likely or if hes still playing in 1st gear because of his groin issue and the fact the Euros are coming up and trying top avoid an injury which is what I think hes doing personally.

If we manage to hire the right manager get the right players in and convince Hazard his future is better served here, after the Euros, we'll see a different beast. I still hold out hope on that but if he wants to go, then dont let the door hit your large arse on the way out and thanks for the service.

Madrid, PSG if he wants out play them against each other see what we can get and as has been mentioned good riddance. If you cant feel motivated playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, in one of the best cities in the world for the guts of ST£200k a week then you need to look at yourself.

He'll never be as good as the best in the world and he knows it which is something thats probably holding him back.

He doesnt take enough chances and as hes said himself, hes not bothered about goals as he likes setting up others, he knows his goals return isnt good enough but when the goals and assists drop and hes offering nothing of notte in open play, he becomes a burden to the team, especially when hes one of the most talented on the team.

As I said, I think the summer will tell a lot, Real will be hit with a transfer ban after the summer window so its his best chance to go there now as I dont think he wants to go back to France so soon.

I do reckon hes paying very much within himself to make sure hes right for Belgium in the Euros, Oscar done the same towards the end of the 2014 season and Jose was fuming with him and I think Hazard is doing the exact same.

Ya gotta love the Metro, suggesting that Chelsea should buy Mata back from Utd if Jose goes to Old Trafford.

Ya seen the video on twitter.

JT walking freely and coming out with the rest of the squad. Hopefully he can start.

Ya seen the video on twitter.

JT walking freely and coming out with the rest of the squad. Hopefully he can start.

Sort of good and bad news means Ivan right back means Ivan roasted

Sort of good and bad news means Ivan right back means Ivan roasted

I think Rahman is as likely to get roasted on the othe side if he was LB against Di Maria.

Cavani and Ivanovic isnt that bad, unless the play Moura out there then we're f**ked.

Going back to Di Maria, having a right footed LB up against a left footed RW will play into Azps strengths and on to his stronger tackling foot too.

Thats if PSG line up as I expect with

Trapp
    Aurier Silva Luiz Maxwell
    Motta Matudi Veratti
    Di Maria Ibra Cavani

You can easily swap Marquinhos at RB and Moura for Cavani and Rabiot for any 3 of the CMs.

Theyve certainly got options.

• Advertisement

We're more than likely going to end up with

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Mikel Cesc
    Pedro Willian Hazard
    Costa

Maybe rahman for JT will be the only change but other than that, I cant see many changes.

I think Rahman is as likely to get roasted on the othe side if he was LB against Di Maria.

Cavani and Ivanovic isnt that bad, unless the play Moura out there then we're f**ked.

Going back to Di Maria, having a right footed LB up against a left footed RW will play into Azps strengths and on to his stronger tackling foot too.

Thats if PSG line up as I expect with

Trapp
    Aurier Silva Luiz Maxwell
    Motta Matudi Veratti
    Di Maria Ibra Cavani

You can easily swap Marquinhos at RB and Moura for Cavani and Rabiot for any 3 of the CMs.

Theyve certainly got options.

Aurier is suspended by the club for calling blanc homephobic slur on twitter and saying he ***** ibra's ****

peteeeed wrote: »
    Aurier is suspended by the club for calling blanc homephobic slur on twitter and saying he ***** ibra's ****

I forgot about that. Marquinhos so at RB is pretty likely. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »

Loves Ibra's Legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Sky News just announced that John Terry HAS NOT traveled with the squad to Paris :(

RichT wrote: »
    Sky News just announced that John Terry HAS NOT traveled with the squad to Paris :(

It was fun while it lasted. :o

Dave and Rahman at FBs and Ivan and Cahill at CB. :o

Ivan and Cahill had a good partnership under Rafa, we should have good pace to cover back to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

It was fun while it lasted. :o

Dave and Rahman at FBs and Ivan and Cahill at CB. :o

There's merit to it (Azpi and Baba's positives, not risking further injury) but the thought of Baba getting roasted by ADM, Ivan running around like a headless chicken and Ibra and Cavani sitting on top of Cahill is a bit concerning.

Who gets bench time too? Miazga and ???. Can't imagine it's Aina if he's already known to be leaving... Makes the whole Papy Transfer&Loan look just that little bit more stupid.

hots wrote: »
    There's merit to it (Azpi and Baba's positives, not risking further injury) but the thought of Baba getting roasted by ADM, Ivan running around like a headless chicken and Ibra and Cavani sitting on top of Cahill is a bit concerning.

Who gets bench time too? Miazga and ???. Can't imagine it's Aina if he's already known to be leaving... Makes the whole Papy Transfer&Loan look just that little bit more stupid.

The bench will be interesting tomorrow night. Had Ramires not been sold, he'd have surely started next to Mikel.

The full squad that travelled is as :

Thibaut Courtois
    Asmir Begovic
    Jamal Blackman

Branislav Ivanovic
    Baba Rahman
    Matt Miazga
    Gary Cahill
    Cesar Azpilicueta
    Jake Clarke-Salter

Cesc Fabregas
    Nemanja Matic
    John Mikel Obi
    Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Oscar
    Eden Hazard
    Willian
    Kenedy
    Pedro

Bertrand Traore
    Loic Remy
    Diego Costa

I'd say the bench will be

Begovic
    Miazga, Clarke-Salter
    RLC,
    Oscar,
    Traore, Remy

• Advertisement

I'm nearly certain Oscar is going to start. Mikel and Fabregas need help in midfield.

Its 50/50 who starts on the left Pedro or Hazard. My gut tells me Pedro.

I'm nearly certain Oscar is going to start. Mikel and Fabregas need help in midfield.

Its 50/50 who starts on the left Pedro or Hazard. My gut tells me Pedro.

I dont think we'd lose much ebergy or intensity if we do either of the above. Pedro does seem more willing to do the donkey work though.

I'd prefer Kenedy out there but I dont think he'll even make the bench, after a promising few appearances, thats really been stunted by Guus.

We've one of the smallest squads in the league too and with JTs injury, its been woefully exposed. We're an injury or suspension away from a full blown crisis at CB, its good for Miazga and Clarke-Salter but I'd prefer if neither were needed before the end of the season.

I reckon we're going to win tomorrow night, 2-1.

I'm basing this onthe fact I missed the last game due to working and I'm going to miss this game too.

Put your house on a Chelsea win. :pac:

I reckon we're going to win tomorrow night, 2-1.

I'm basing this onthe fact I missed the last game due to working and I'm going to miss this game too.

Put your house on a Chelsea win. :pac:

No :) but I like it

Had a feeling we'd win 2-1 myself!

Costa brace.

We rarely win away from home in Europe though, which is a serious worry.

Its something that has to change, its grand beating the 4th seed away but when push comes to shove, you've to start beating seeds that are in and around you, especially at that stage.

It would be nice to get a score draw away and do the business at the Bridge but if we go back to London with a lead theres no way we're being pegged back, I just dont think we've got it in us to do it though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Realistically were probably going to be knocked out over 2 legs. I hope I'm wrong but I just hope we give them a good game at least

That's my single biggest criticism of Jose mk 2, very little ambition home or away in Europe.

We played for score draws away from home but never really pushed on at home.

Playing PSG the way we did against 10 men, painful.

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Realistically were probably going to be knocked out over 2 legs. I hope I'm wrong but I just hope we give them a good game at least

No doubt PSG are favourites and their form alone stands them out there with Barca, Bayern and probably Juventus as one of the strongest sides around.

We can beat them, we've got the talent but we're very depleted in a key area and we're basically going into this 1st leg at least, missing both of starting CBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

What channel is the match on tomorrow?

What channel is the match on tomorrow?

I think RTE have it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement