Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think RTE have it.

tv3 , BT sport

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So according to the press we have signed Allegri, Conte and Simeone as the next manager.

Could be in for some long press conferences or will they rotate matches.

Have to say very undecided regarding Simeone think AM and himself fit hand and glove and it works wonderfully well. Could be worse if he does come though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

If we had a footballing direction with a proper director of football I'd say we should look at frank de boer. We need a coach to bring through the younger lads unless Roman is going to go with Allegri and spend the 150m necessary.

Allegri sacked after 3years and we need to spend oodles of money again. With the stadium work and the financial pressure this brings, what's more important than immediate expensive short term success is a medium to long term vision with real football men working behind the scenes.

Andre Marriner for the City match on Sunday awful ref makes the game more interesting

Spare 10 minutes? This is an interesting read on what is happening at Chelsea and the potential new manager. Agree fully with his take on Simeone.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/2/13/4476928/keys-to-the-kingdom-chelsea-board-abramovich-next-manager-philosophy

He seems to be very keen on Conte as well making a good argument for him, which if true would certainly sway me in his direction though I was not initially overkeen on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Andre Marriner for the City match on Sunday awful ref makes the game more interesting

This is all I'll say

Spare 10 minutes? This is an interesting read on what is happening at Chelsea and the potential new manager. Agree fully with his take on Simeone.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/2/13/4476928/keys-to-the-kingdom-chelsea-board-abramovich-next-manager-philosophy

He seems to be very keen on Conte as well making a good argument for him, which if true would certainly sway me in his direction though I was not initially overkeen on him.

I like his take on the need to win by any manage at Stamford Bridge and that reason alone, is stopping a manager take a gamble on a youngster, even if a more established player is in the worse spell of his career, Hazard, Matic, Cesc, Costa all fell into this category this season at some point and the ypungsters werent tried.

In fact, Matic still remains in this zone and Hazard isnt far from either. Cesc and Costa have been a revelation in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not looking forward to tonight, I think we will take a bit of a beating.

Also on that article, Conte is the most easily available manager on the list.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Agreed, think we're on a hiding to nothing against PSG unfortunately. :o

Even a 2-1 loss wouldnt be too bad, anything more would make it a near impossible task. I know we lost 3-1 in Paris in 2013 and got through but I dont think this squad has that kind of fight in them at the moment.

A good score draw would be nice, a win to nil would be the absolute dream however but I just cant see us keeping them out with our make shift defence.

Posted that about 8 pages ago :pac:

3-1 CHELSEA , you heard it here first , costa with 2 and ivan header :)

With Ivan no longer at RB I think we have a fighting chance here
    peteeeed wrote: »
    3-1 CHELSEA , you heard it here first , costa with 2 and ivan header :)

Oddly I agree for some mad reason think we will snag it and find a way through to the quarters.

• Ah bolox, Simeone to Chelsea..say it isn't so!!
    Would love to have him @ Utd

duploelabs wrote: »

Was broken last night by some Spanish Journo on Twitter that Simeone wants out at the end of the year.

I'd be delighted with either Conte or Simeone being honest. Conte, given his contract situation, would be the easiest to get so I'd say hes the number 1 target and does the club really want to bring in Simeone after Jose?

Its like putting out the fire and planting a nuke in the embers, its eventually going to go off again.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ah bolox, Simeone to Chelsea..say it isn't so!!
    Would love to have him @ Utd

Ye have Jose, feck off Mick :pac:

Although a league with Simeone, Pep and Jose all at each others throats would be gold for the EPL.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ye have Jose, feck off Mick :pac:

Although a league with Simeone, Pep and Jose all at each others throats would be gold for the EPL.

Even that's not a cert.
    ****ing ridiculous if this goes ahead and the Utd board don't act.
    Would be a great scoop for Abramovich IMO and I have always been interested to see what Simeone could do with a bigger budget available to him as he's a class manager.

• Advertisement

Was broken last night by some Spanish Journo on Twitter that Simeone wants out at the end of the year.

I'd be delighted with either Conte or Simeone being honest. Conte, given his contract situation, would be the easiest to get so I'd say hes the number 1 target and does the club really want to bring in Simeone after Jose?

Its like putting out the fire and planting a nuke in the embers, its eventually going to go off again.

Until Emanelo situation is sorted and a better conduit between the manager and owner/board is installed we're just going to have the same thing happen again

Even that's not a cert.
    ****ing ridiculous if this goes ahead and the Utd board don't act.
    Would be a great scoop for Abramovich IMO and I have always been interested to see what Simeone could do with a bigger budget available to him as he's a class manager.

I said it after the Sunderland game I'd be surprised if Van Gaal seen out the week but someone at Utd clearly wants LVG until at least the end of the season. I do still think Utd have a chance at the top 4 though, theres too much quality in the squad for them to just fade badly and finish 6-8th, the same rings true for us but our season is in a much worse place than Utds with a more talented core squad which still baffles me and probably everyone.

If those 3 end up in England next year though, with the increased TV money and the spending 3 of those managers would do, the league will be in a scary place as you cant rule out Arsenal, Spurs and even teams like Leicester and WEst Ham at the moment either.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Until Emanelo situation is sorted and a better conduit between the manager and owner/board is installed we're just going to have the same thing happen again

Roman and the board wouldnt accept his resignation the last time so I dont think anything will change in that regard.

The club and new manager have to have a clear vision of what they want an whos 2nd and 3 rd choice if they fail with their prioirty targets.

They key is to keep as many of our top player as possible. If we only lose Hazard for 70m we'll be doing well this summer.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I said it after the Sunderland game I'd be surprised if Van Gaal seen out the week but someone at Utd clearly wants LVG until at least the end of the season. I do still think Utd have a chance at the top 4 though, theres too much quality in the squad for them to just fade badly and finish 6-8th, the same rings true for us but our season is in a much worse place than Utds with a more talented core squad which still baffles me and probably everyone.

If those 3 end up in England next year though, with the increased TV money and the spending 3 of those managers would do, the league will be in a scary place as you cant rule out Arsenal, Spurs and even teams like Leicester and WEst Ham at the moment either.

Is it really though?

When I look at how things stand amazingly we could be caught by Chelsea if we continue the way we are going.

Chelsea have all cup competitions including the CL if i'm correct?

Is it really though?

When I look at how things stand amazingly we could be caught by Chelsea if we continue the way we are going.

Chelsea have all cup competitions including the CL if i'm correct?

Well, no league cup thanks to Butland being an English Buffon on the night but ya, FA Cup is this weekend at home to Man City, another game I dread and we've PSG tonight.

In essence, our season could be all but over in the next few days if we've a bad result tonight.

I dont think we'll do enough to catch Utd as we're not winning enough games, also our last 3 home games of the year sees Spurs, City and Leicester all come to the Bridge and we've Saints and Pool away coming up shortly, I dont think the squad has it in them to win enough games to finish higher than 8th.

We've also yet to win back to back league games in the league amd we're in mid-February, as long as I'm supporting Chelsea I dont think thats ever happened and it doesnt look like changing anytime soon either. :o

Metro, going on a rumour with no weight at all, suggesting Simeone will get a deal worth 9.28 million a year or nearly 180k a week to join us.

Basically, the same deal Jose got when he first came to us, give or take a few K's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What's wrong with matic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What's wrong with matic ?

For tonight or in general?

He's suspended for tonight for picking up 2 yellow's in the group games.

In general, he seems to be playing with the fear although he's been better recently.

Matic was suspended for a 2nd yellow, if IIRC it was for something stupid too, like dragging someone back in the middle of the pitch with no apparent danger present.

Not that its going to matter too much, I honestly think we'll lose 3-1 and anything better than that and I'll be chuffed.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

https://metavideos.com/video/2937237/analyse-that-pat-nevin-hazard-warning

I wonder will PSG be up to the same dirty old tricks as last season

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    https://metavideos.com/video/2937237/analyse-that-pat-nevin-hazard-warning

I wonder will PSG be up to the same dirty old tricks as last season

Thats when Hazard was on fire, theyve no need to kick him tonight.

Hopefully Verratti runs into a Mikel stud or two, I love Verratti as a player but I also hate him. :pac:

It was time for an avatar change. ;)

Thats when Hazard was on fire, theyve no need to kick him tonight.

Hopefully Verratti runs into a Mikel stud or two, I love Verratti as a player but I also hate him. :pac:

It wasn't just Eden though, they consistently fouled the whole team comfortable in the fact that no action would be taken. Veratti could have been sent off twice.

He's injured for tonight thankfully.

It wasn't just Eden though, they consistently fouled the whole team comfortable in the fact that no action would be taken. Veratti could have been sent off twice.

He's injured for tonight thankfully.

Wonder whos going to take his place, could be Rabiot, another fine player but a bit more attacking than Verratti.

Wonder whos going to take his place, could be Rabiot, another fine player but a bit more attacking than Verratti.

Scratch that, Blanc said last weekend that he was going to be injured for the game vs us but a lot of reports say he will most likely start as he is central to there team, just not 90 minutes.

Scratch that, Blanc said last weekend that he was going to be injured for the game vs us but a lot of reports say he will most likely start as he is central to there team, just not 90 minutes.

Verratti starts

Chelsea team is

Courtois
    Azp Cahill Ivan Rahman
    Mikel Cesc
    Pedro Willian Hazard
    Costa

PSG team is

Trapp
    Marquinhos Silva Luiz Maxwell
    Verrati Motta Matudi
    Di Maria Ibra Moura

Chelsea subds

Bgovic
    Miazga
    RLC
    OScar Kenedy
    Traore Remy

No parking of the bus by the looks of it , wasn't guus manager when we won 3-1 at anfield? Ivan getting 2 that night

peteeeed wrote: »
    No parking of the bus by the looks of it , wasn't guus manager when we won 3-1 at anfield? Ivan getting 2 that night

If we had Matic or Zouma available we'd have gone with 2 proper CDMs. :o

If Ivan could come up with 2 tonight in the right net it would be brilliant.

Mikel can't stop scoring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

He scores when he wa-ants, John Obi Mikel scores when he wants.

(without jinxing it) this is the best we've played all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

What are the odds for a Mikel hat trick :pac:

Really good performance , baba , Cahill , Ivan and Dave played really well , pedro looked good , William great as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

PSG bring on Cavani , we bring on Oscar. Enough said.

I'd be confident of going through after that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

This Baba dude is the real deal. Bags of skill, great tackler, clever on the ball. That type of performance from Pedro is how I remember him from his Barca days, busy and purposeful. Fabregas seems to be finding his range also. Even Hazard looked like he was interested in the first half.

I know we got the runaround for most of the second half but it was a heartening performance and we could have won on another night. We attacked as much as we could and looked a threat going forward.

I can see us putting a few past that defence at the Bridge.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm happy with the result but you'd have to query why Guus didn't make use of the bench. A couple of them were completely gassed out there for the last half hour and only Oscar is brought on for Hazard? Pedro nearly died out there fs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

I'm happy with the result but you'd have to query why Guus didn't make use of the bench. A couple of them were completely gassed out there for the last half hour and only Oscar is brought on for Hazard? Pedro nearly died out there fs!

It really is frustrating to see the players struggling to keep pace while fresh players sit twiddling their thumbs.
    Still, that was like the Chelsea who won the league last season, which was nice.
    Last 2 years settled by an away goal, and it's our turn this season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I agree in part, was very proud of the effort put in, the second goal however was disappointing. I like BaBa too he's exciting to watch even if he does get caught out of position a little. Hazard however to me looked like he didn't give a sh1t, I can safely say I wouldn't be sad to see go now, I'd rather have Oscar who comes out in the press and says how much he'd like to stay at Chelsea for a long time regardless of our league position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Baba has to start every game from now on,he can only get better. I have to agree with everyone about the use of the bench, pedros shot at the end into the side netting showed how tired he was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement