Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ya...Goodison, weve not got the best record there recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Onwards an upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Think baba deserves to be first choice lb , what ye think ?

rottie 11 wrote: »

I thought he was our worse player today gave away the ball far too often.

Still though, I think he should be starting coz hes young and has great potential. Close between Cesc and Hazard for MOTM for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

He'd be decent if he got a run of games imo

• Advertisement

He'd be decent if he got a run of games imo

I agree but hes not going to get them once JT is fully fit.

Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Alleged coin throwing in the Matthew Harding end after the equaliser. The mind boggles at how scumish some "supporters" can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Baba was dreadful today, he was much better against PSG.

Seems to have poor decision making, does well when he doesn't have time to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lukker- wrote: »
    Baba was dreadful today, he was much better against PSG.

Seems to have poor decision making, does well when he doesn't have time to think.

I didn't think he played that badly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Let's build on this ...

building building building

21069051815_76e0c691e4_n.jpg

Alleged coin throwing in the Matthew Harding end after the equaliser. The mind boggles at how scumish some "supporters" can be.

Not as bad as WBA but still absolutely stupid. Will go in the refs report and the club will probably get hit with a fine.

I dont get the mentality of presumably adults, acting like that anywhere.

Idiots.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I thought he was our worse player today gave away the ball far too often.

Still though, I think he should be starting coz hes young and has great potential. Close between Cesc and Hazard for MOTM for me.

Yeah I taught hazard could have gotten it with 2 assists and a goal but it's hard to argue against cesc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pedro was great as well, was making some brilliant runs and was popping up everywhere. Looks to be playing with confidence now.

Johner wrote: »
    Pedro was great as well, was making some brilliant runs and was popping up everywhere. Looks to be playing with confidence now.

He deserved a goal, it's hard not to get carried away given the opposition but it's nice to see the team enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bertrand Traore how bout him?

Goals 3

VS: Newcastle,MK Dons,Man City

The Scoreline in all 3 games 5-1, The final Chelsea goal in all 3 games. Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Goals 3

The Scoreline in all 3 games 5-1, The final Chelsea goal in all 3 games. Brilliant!

He looks great, definitely would be happy to have him as striker #3 going into next season.

Thought Pedro was brilliant yesterday, and I've been his biggest critic all season really. Agree with the Guus subs, why bother bringing Matic on? It's not like an out of form striker being brought on to steal an easy goal and boost confidence, Matic will need proper games to get there. On the other hand RLC getting easy minutes could probe invaluable, and especially playing against U21s where he's dominated before. And as for Kenedy?

Rahmann has all the potential anyway but he's positionally very raw (really accentuated being beside Ivan too). His energy is unreal though, must have had 10 runs beyond Hazard where he was ignored and he was happy to bomb on each time.

Wasn't as impressed with Haz as some but I must just be holding his comments against him. Cesc + Pedro + dodgy high line was easy picking really, either could have had MOM imo.

I checked, Loftus-Cheek deal is apparently up next summer, thats a small relief but given his game time, why would he sign any extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Is Salah still a Chelsea player or is he sold ?

Techless wrote: »
    Is Salah still a Chelsea player or is he sold ?

Technically on loan but with a fee agreed afaik. He's had some good performances for Roma but I just don't think either he or Cuadrado were right for the prem... would make you question our scouting team tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He's sold I think, Roma had to option to make it permanent and did.

Ivan 32 today.

Johner wrote: »
    He's sold I think, Roma had to option to make it permanent and did.

Ya im sure we got a few million profit on him.

Ya im sure we got a few million profit on him.

thought he was gone to but when on the Chelsea website earlier, he seemed to be included in the update on the loan players and not former players.

thought he was gone to but when on the Chelsea website earlier, he seemed to be included in the update on the loan players and not former players.

Wont be "officially" sold until his loan is up, is what was reported anyway.

Goals 3

I like him anyway, if we managed to keep him and another CF next year, hopefully a fit Pato, that would give us 3 good options, along with Costa.

It all depends on what Costa does in the summer though, does he pile on the pounds again, does he leave or does he come back showing the fight and desire the last 6-8 weeks has given us.

Same back four could be in place for the trip to Southampton this weekend, JTs back in full training this week but its been reported he wont be risked until hes 100%.

Gives Rahman another game to show whats hes about too which is a good thing.

I like him anyway, if we managed to keep him and another CF next year, hopefully a fit Pato, that would give us 3 good options, along with Costa.

It all depends on what Costa does in the summer though, does he pile on the pounds again, does he leave or does he come back showing the fight and desire the last 6-8 weeks has given us.

If he can avoid persecution for the rest of the season I think he stays. I think he'll come back fit and fighting for the new manager.

Many people were ready to write off Traore after some very uninspiring displays on the wing but he's really been a revelation since playing through the middle. He's more mobile then Costa, he pops up everywhere and he's always making runs and clearly has a finishers instinct inside the box.

I hope Pato coming doesn't impact him too much, but I don't think it should. Pato rarely played lone striker back in Brazil and when he did, he wasn't great. He prefers to play on the left or the right as a support striker, similar to Anelka.

Just looking at Costas time with us so far, 48 league games, 31 league goals.

Considering he replaced Torres who finished with 110 league games and 20 league goals, its fair to say we've got an upgrade.

If Costa keeps up his record, he'll likely finish with over 100 league goals for us, if he stays for a few more years that is. :o

• Advertisement

Good article on what Conte will bring if he is our new manager.

One of the things that stood out for me was
    As Conte himself has said many times, he believes a good manager adapts to the personnel he has and not the other way around.

He took a Juve team that finished 7th the season before and won 3 titles in a row. We're probably gonna finish in and around 7th so he'll be in a similar situation as he was the when he took over Juve.

Just looking at Costas time with us so far, 48 league games, 31 league goals.

Considering he replaced Torres who finished with 110 league games and 20 league goals, its fair to say we've got an upgrade.

If Costa keeps up his record, he'll likely finish with over 100 league goals for us, if he stays for a few more years that is. :o

Costa's goal per game is actually the highest going of any player to have played over 40 games.

His sample size is a bit smaller then the likes of Aguero and the others but if he keeps it up he'll go down as a great.

Good article on what Conte will bring if he is our new manager.

One of the things that stood out for me was

He took a Juve team that finished 7th the season before and won 3 titles in a row. We're probably gonna finish in and around 7th so he'll be in a similar situation as he was the when he took over Juve.

We've a lot of tough fixtures before the end of the season, so I'd say 9-11th is where we'll finish, we can finish higher though but it looks like all the eggs are being placed in the UCL and FA cup basket, going on what Guus has said.

European football is a pipe dream as it stands anyway, well, unless we win the FA cup, then we'd have a back door way into European football, I think anyway.

Conte would be easier to get anyway but I'd love Simeone, either way, both would be in that bracket of best available that we're aiming for but below what we had. :o

Still, I support the club, so whoever comes in will be supported until the end.

Costa's goal per game is actually the highest going of any player to have played over 40 games.

His sample size is a bit smaller then the likes of Aguero and the others but if he keeps it up he'll go down as a great.

At the rate hes going he'll finish this year with probably 15 goals which is good going, 36 goals in your first 2 full seasons and half of the 2nd season was being over weight and a brat. :o

We've a lot of tough fixtures before the end of the season, so I'd say 9-11th is where we'll finish, we can finish higher though but it looks like all the eggs are being placed in the UCL and FA cup basket, going on what Guus has said.

European football is a pipe dream as it stands anyway, well, unless we win the FA cup, then we'd have a back door way into European football, I think anyway.

Conte would be easier to get anyway but I'd love Simeone, either way, both would be in that bracket of best available that we're aiming for but below what we had. :o

I'd take Simeone too but I have my doubts at how his methods will go down at any other club other than Atletico.

His word is gospel there and he is backed by the club 100% and effectively given total control.

He won't have top down control at any other club he goes to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Was listening to Dunphy over the weekend, and he now reckons Pep, Conte and Simeone are ahead of Jose in the managerial pecking order.

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    Was listening to Dunphy over the weekend, and he now reckons Pep, Conte and Simeone are ahead of Jose in the managerial pecking order.

A bad 6months doesnt make him a bad manager.

I wouldnt listen to Dunphy anyway, he tends to have a case of verbal diarrhea at the best of times.

Messi has never scored against Cech, I wonder can he keep that record up tonight.

I hope so, as much as Arsenal are a rival, I'd prefer them to Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

A bad 6months doesnt make him a bad manager.

I wouldnt listen to Dunphy anyway, he tends to have a case of verbal diarrhea at the best of times.

Plus he hates Mourinho ..

Messi has never scored against Cech, I wonder can he keep that record up tonight.

I hope so, as much as Arsenal are a rival, I'd prefer them to Barca.

I'd prefer them to Barca (and very few else) but also for the coefficient we could do with someone doing something! Saying that, I'm backing Barca to win by 1 tonight.

hots wrote: »
    I'd prefer them to Barca (and very few else) but also for the coefficient we could do with someone doing something! Saying that, I'm backing Barca to win by 1 tonight.

City are the only English side that should get through their UCL k/o tie.

Granted theyve a long trip to Kyiv but theyre much better placed than ourselves are Arsenal to go through, after that, who knows, if they get a favourable draw against someone like Wolfsburg or Gent they could be in the Semis easily.

Utd and Pool in the Thursday league will count towards the coeffecient too and I'd still expect both to go through from here being honest.

• Advertisement

Conte has agreed a deal with us if reports in Italy are to be believed.

Must be the 5th time we've agreed a deal with him.

3-5-2 conte :)

Era, 5th time is the charm. :pac:

Conte is the more believable option of the 3 or 4 thats being mentioned.

I cant see Allegri or Simeone leaving of their own accord and the ex Chilean boss was never seriously in the running I'd imagine.

Given Conte would be free to hire too, it makes sense for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Is José to United nailed on or wha?
    All just speculation as far as I can see....??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

cadaliac wrote: »
    Is José to United nailed on or wha?
    All just speculation as far as I can see....??

There a recent article about the boardroom struggle at manchester utd by 101 goals detailing the two factions that support and resist the appointment of Jose, can't find it now though. Dunno if it'll happen

duploelabs wrote: »
    There a recent article about the boardroom struggle at manchester utd by 101 goals detailing the two factions that support and resist the appointment of Jose, can't find it now though. Dunno if it'll happen

Thought I heard something on "off The Ball" last night saying that the admin/financial side (Woodward/Frazers) are pro Mourinho but the football side (Charlton/Ferguson) are anti.

I reckon Jose is as nailed on to get the job at this stage.

Wait until the end of the year or until LVG can longer get a UCL place and he'll be shipped out, with probably Giggs taking over for the rest of the season, get Jose in then early doors.

He might finally get that dream job he wanted so bad too, according to some. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thought I heard something on "off The Ball" last night saying that the admin/financial side (Woodward/Frazers) are pro Mourinho but the football side (Charlton/Ferguson) are anti.

Found it
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/red-issue-provide-fascinating-insight-into-the-power-struggles-at-man-united-tweets/

Chelsea through CL youth cup after 'peno MISS' by Valencia hehe

https://twitter.com/chelseastats/status/702178527580438529

Say nothing :pac:

UEFA still owe us for the robbery against Barca years back so we'll take the little victories.

I'd be freaked if I was playing for Valencia though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement