Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I wonder will Pablo Escobar be in the squad for Southampton?

12751213_193992197632131_253537015_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5Mjc0Njk1MTQ0NDA0MzcxMg%3D%3D.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    I wonder will Pablo Escobar be in the squad for Southampton?

12751213_193992197632131_253537015_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5Mjc0Njk1MTQ0NDA0MzcxMg%3D%3D.2

Its a great picture.

Sureley hes ready now, JT is going to miss the game so the back four wil stay the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That finger looks strange!

No changes for me anyway at the weekend, same XI should start.

Tbo
    Azp Cahill Ivan Rahman
    Mikel Cesc
    Willian Hazard Pedro
    Costa

Begovic
    Mizaga
    Matic RLC
    Pato Oscar
    Traore

So no Pato again tomorrow.

ffs, if the club was serious about bringing him in why wait so late in the window, its seriously pi**ing me off.

Traore to come and get a winner tomorrow so instead. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So no Pato again tomorrow.

ffs, if the club was serious about bringing him in why wait so late in the window, its seriously pi**ing me off.

Traore to come and get a winner tomorrow so instead. :o

Think he said something about wanting to make his debut at home. I agree he should have been signed summer though.

Think he said something about wanting to make his debut at home. I agree he should have been signed summer though.

Norwich away after the saints, be grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He better be showing well in training, because there's less than 3 months left in the season now and if the loan is going to turn permanent he needs to do something on the field quick

He better be showing well in training, because there's less than 3 months left in the season now and if the loan is going to turn permanent he needs to do something on the field quick

Guus wont have a say but if he shows well in the last few months of the season then I'd be happy to keep him on.

I reckon he could be like Anelka for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Pirlo has quite a lot to say about Conte, and there's a strong message in there for RA & Co.
    "I love the man, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. I know if he takes a job, any job, it will have to be on his terms," Pirlo told the Mirror.

"The players he wants to sign, those he wants to get rid of, the style he wants to play. If you sign him as your coach and then as the owner you want to start making ­decisions, he is not the coach for you.
    http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2816217/andrea-pirlo-hails-beast-antonio-conte-amid-chelsea-link

Assuming Conte goes through, this is a make or break appointment for the club. If Conte succeeds, we're back at the top table. If he fails, or walks because of interference or player power, I think we'll have finally reached the end of a successful era and RA may as well pack his bags. Because CFC will no longer have any credibility as a really top club, and will be overtaken by a consistent if not resurgent Arsenal, falling back into a pack with clubs like Spurs and Liverpool.

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    Pirlo has quite a lot to say about Conte, and there's a strong message in there for RA & Co.

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/2816217/andrea-pirlo-hails-beast-antonio-conte-amid-chelsea-link

Assuming Conte goes through, this is a make or break appointment for the club. If Conte succeeds, we're back at the top table. If he fails, or walks because of interference or player power, I think we'll have finally reached the end of a successful era and RA may as well pack his bags. Because CFC will no longer have any credibility as a really top club, and will be overtaken by a consistent if not resurgent Arsenal, falling back into a pack with clubs like Spurs and Liverpool.

It depends entirely on Conte and his ability t oextract what Jose did last year, if the club, like this year, finds itself in a s**y place in about October/November again Conte will probably be thrown out the door.

One thing I want changed anyway is no end of season tour and no stupid pre-season tours to America/Australia/Asia.

When we one the league our pre-season was in Europe and games were played in England and the players were fresh and ready to go.

Get the pre-season in order and we'll have at least given ourselves a chance to make a better start than this year, so I'm all aboard the hope Italy crash out of the group stages thinking, firstly for Chelsea and also because Ireland might go through ahead of them in the Euros. :o

Team is

Tbo
    Azp Cahill Ivan Rahman
    Mikel Cesc
    Willian Pedro Hazard
    Costa

Subs :

Begovic
    Matic RLC
    Kenedy Oscar
    Traore REmy

No CB or FBs on the bench, none that can play their naturally anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No CB or FBs on the bench, none that can play their naturally anyway

Bizarre

duploelabs wrote: »
    Bizarre

Very risky call considering Mizaga has made the bench for the last few games.

Could see a make shift backline including Kenedy, Willian, Pedro, Mikel or Matic at some point if someone goes down injured.

I've a fear of Shane Long doing the business against us for some reason. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are we on tv

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are we on tv

Setanta 1 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Updates would be much appreciated if anyone is watching, stuck on the train -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Sickened

Balls, Pedro hamstring. Oscar on. Hope he's not out for long, just coming into form.

I really have no time for Oscar, I dont think hes good enough for the team at all.

Watch him score today now. :o

Ivanovic with more pointless fouls.

Azpilicueta can't attack left or right side. His crossing is worse then Ivan. Run the line ffs.

I've a fear of Shane Long doing the business against us for some reason. :o

well bo**ocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

A comedy of errors, happy for shlong though.

F*cking Rahman biggest waste of 20 million ever. He can't defend or attack all he can do is put a half decent cross in. Brainless

First league loss for Guus coming up, no way we'll break down this Saints side.

Rahman wont be playing much once JT is back

Van Dyke is some pussy.

• Advertisement

text commentary reads terribly, any hope?

Fabregas?? He hates shooting, must have been a tap in?

hots wrote: »

Cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

That looked like a cross that Cesc was hoping someone would nod in. Still, happy days. 1-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hots wrote: »

Tried to cross it to Hazard, fooled the keeper and went all the way in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

If I hadn't seen that second Stoke gola, I would say ours is one of the crappiest goals I've seen for years. Will gladly take it, though. We've had a rotten time against Koeman at Southampton.

I cant wait until Guus f**ks off TBH and hopefully takes Mikel with him.

I cant wait until Guus f**ks off TBH and hopefully takes Mikel with him.

Mikels been good. Don't get the statement about Guus either. Jose would have thrown in the towel by now. We are in the ascendency.

Mikels been good. Don't get the statement about Guus either. Jose would have thrown in the towel by now. We are in the ascendency.

If it is Conte in next year I hope he throws Mikel out the door on his first day.

Also, I dont htink hes done enough with the squad.

Edit : and it looks like we've won the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Never in doubt. :D

• Advertisement

If we hold on it'll be our first back to back wins this season and its only the end of February. :pac:

Get in, that's a cracking result. Southampton haven't conceded in ages. Great spirit from the lads in the second half. We put ourselves under lots of pressure with Dave and Rahman losing the ball in the first half but we cut out the mistakes after.

Delighted for the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Mikel has been better than matic this season. TSO would have stuck with the same team and not get back to back wins.
    On the way up and soon hopefully won't have expand the table to see chelsea position.
    Hope Kennedy now gets a run at left back

Mikel has brought stability to the whole team. He has his limitations for sure but he's our best option at the minute. He allows Fabregas to play more too.

A win is a win.

I got long scoring right but incorrectly assumed the team would get anything from the game at half time.

That kind of turn around will give them confidence, well it should.

We've got another tricky game away to Norwich coming up on Tuesday night so a 3rd win on the spin in the league would be brilliant.

Saints were above Utd and up to 6th until we won the game.

Jaysus. :o

I wonder will Guus actually keep Ivan at CB and throw Cahill on the bench when JT comes back?

2 natural FBs is much better for us IMO, even if it means playing Kenedy there, who and I didnt see the game, was meant to have played well for the 45mins he was on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saints were above Utd and up to 6th until we won the game.

Jaysus. :o

Uh, yeah, thanks for that :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Uh, yeah, thanks for that :pac:

Is it safe to assume that if Utd dont get a positive result tomorrow, ye've got no chance of a top 4 finish?

At least ye still have the Europea League to get in through, theres no hope in hell we'll be getting any European football unless we win the Fa cup or Champs League, one is highly unlikely and the other isnt going to happen at all. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it safe to assume that if Utd dont get a positive result tomorrow, ye've got no chance of a top 4 finish?

At least ye still have the Europea League to get in through, theres no hope in hell we'll be getting any European football unless we win the Fa cup or Champs League, one is highly unlikely and the other isnt going to happen at all. :o

Honestly,I'm gave up on Top 4 weeks ago. If not for our good start to the season, we would be well lower. Our form over the last few months has been dire :(
    Also wouldn't have much hope of getting too much further in the EL; any team that actively tries to score against us does so.

But then I have gotten pretty pessimistic over it all since Before Xmas, and think we will go nowhere under LVG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement