Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

peteeeed wrote: »

Nice to have some duck for cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Is there no way for renewing memberships during the season? Never got round to renewing it this season but was hoping to get to a game next month, it doesn't look like the membership can be renewed now?

You can use my membership if ya want, I wont be going to any games this side of April , maybe May and ive a few points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You can use my membership if ya want, I wont be going to any games this side of April , maybe May and ive a few points.

Cheers gav! I'll drop you a PM.

Johner wrote: »
    Cheers gav! I'll drop you a PM.

fire away in your own time mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great news about Loftus Cheek , I'm beginning to feel long term positive about Chelsea again - it's a nice change :)

Great news about Loftus Cheek , I'm beginning to feel long term positive about Chelsea again - it's a nice change :)

All we need now is for him to get on the bloody pitch. :o

Costa maybe rested, Pato isnt ready for 90mins, Remy is out of favour.

Step forward, potentially anyway, Traore.

I'd love if he started him against Norwich, same for Pato, both can be whipped after 60mins if needs be. I'm more optimistic about potential changes against Norwich and stoke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Costa maybe rested, Pato isnt ready for 90mins, Remy is out of favour.

Step forward, potentially anyway, Traore.

I'd love if he started him against Norwich, same for Pato, both can be whipped after 60mins if needs be. I'm more optimistic about potential changes against Norwich and stoke now.

May as well give them a run at least we wont win anything we wont be relegated so nowt to lose.

Keep people fresh and a definite chance against PSG, of course we will not win the CL but the further we go the better it is for the PL coefficient and the more money the club makes a semi (given a decent draw in the 1/4) is not out of the question.

FA Cup would be a nice end to a pretty dire season as well.

• Advertisement

May as well give them a run at least we wont win anything we wont be relegated so nowt to lose.

Keep people fresh and a definite chance against PSG, of course we will not win the CL but the further we go the better it is for the PL coefficient and the more money the club makes a semi (given a decent draw in the 1/4) is not out of the question.

FA Cup would be a nice end to a pretty dire season as well.

Well as I said earlier, if we go through against PSG we make the QFs and we should be at a minimum, getting there every year, the only problem is the last 3 years we've been handed the toughest 2nd seed draw in the competition. Get through the PSG and Everton games and the season has a decent silver lining towards the last few weeks.

Id agree about the season being over too, Europe is well and truly gone and we're I think 12pts clear of 18th so barring a crazy situation, we're not going to be caught by anyone below us so much that we'll be dragged into a few must win games in April and May.

Guus might as well lump it all on the 2 cups and see what happens. I'd make changes vs Norwich, it will be tricky but even 4 or 5 chamges should see us get through the game with at least a point.

I said earlier we should go full strength to get some wins on board but Guus seems to suggest youth and Pato may play some aprt.

Might aswell go with

Courtois
    Azp Cahill Mizaga Kenedy
    Matic RLC
    Willian Oscar Pato
    Traore

Begovic
    Ivan
    Mikel Cesc
    Hazard
    Remy Costa

Gives rest to Ivan, JT, Rahman, Mikel, Cesc, Hazard, Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not sure he will be bold enough to give Mizaga & Kenedy a start in defence but yes Ivan should get a rest. In some ways Kenedy does deserve a start but no point destroying the confidence of Baba neither. God knows if they took that stance with Ivan he would never have played again for us after his first 20 games this season. Seen as Mizaga did not even make the bench Saturday it is all strange indeed but that certainly would be a very attacking team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd play a strong team against Norwich because we've a week until PSG. Id take Costa off after 60 minutes though.

Rest players for Stoke though. Traore, RLC and Kenedy to start.

Not sure he will be bold enough to give Mizaga & Kenedy a start in defence but yes Ivan should get a rest. In some ways Kenedy does deserve a start but no point destroying the confidence of Baba neither. God knows if they took that stance with Ivan he would never have played again for us after his first 20 games this season. Seen as Mizaga did not even make the bench Saturday it is all strange indeed but that certainly would be a very attacking team.

Norwich have managed to score more than most of their relegeation rivals but only themselves and Sunderland have left in 51 goals, the most in the league, only Villa and Sunderland have lost more league games than them too this year.

Theyve only lost 5 at home in the league though of their 15 losses oveall.

I'd be confident that we'll score but can we keep them out is the other thing?

On paper it should be another 3 points but this year has showed me you take nothing for granted in this league.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd play a strong team against Norwich because we've a week until PSG. Id take Costa off after 60 minutes though.

Rest players for Stoke though. Traore, RLC and Kenedy to start.

Considering Stoke is a home game, it makes more sense.

Our away record isnt fantastic either but we've managed to win at the emirates and st marys, two very difficult places to go and get anything from.

So a month after signing Pato hes now our 4th choice CF and probably 6th or 7th choice support player.

How nobody at the club got this done deal done early in January is beyond me. Its crazy.

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCYuu1-Pn8u/

Well Patos sung his first team song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah, I think Traore is starting tomorrow anyways.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah, I think Traore is starting tomorrow anyways.

WE've seen what he can do with limited game time, a start would do him the world of good.

Conte is meant to be signed, sealed and delivered in the coming days.

I dont know will the club do a Man City on it and announce it though, Guus is in favour of doing exactly that so if a deal is done, might as well announce it, give us something to look forward too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Conte is meant to be signed, sealed and delivered in the coming days.

I dont know will the club do a Man City on it and announce it though, Guus is in favour of doing exactly that so if a deal is done, might as well announce it, give us something to look forward too.

Tbf at least Guus has been very clear the whole time about leaving at the end of the year, wouldn't be controversial at all to announce his successor imo.

Really hope Traore makes the most of the start, exciting prospect so far.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Tbf at least Guus has been very clear the whole time about leaving at the end of the year, wouldn't be controversial at all to announce his successor imo.

Really hope Traore makes the most of the start, exciting prospect so far.

Did Guus confirm he'd start? I think hes in line for a start but I dont know will it happen.

I think barring Pedro and maybe Rahman, we might see the same XI that started against Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Cautiously optimistic about tonight, the last 2 EPL games, was that the 1st time Chelsea have won back to back league games this season ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Cautiously optimistic about tonight, the last 2 EPL games, was that the 1st time Chelsea have won back to back league games this season ?

Sure was, can you possibly imagine if we could win three?

Its our first back to back win in about 10 months when we beat Leicester 3-1 away and Palace to seal the title. The dates, April 29th and May 3rd.

F**k me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Who are you, and what have you done with The Mon... The cowboy Builder?

RichT wrote: »
    Who are you, and what have you done with The Mon... The cowboy Builder?

Nanker to lose now tonight.

Naismith with 2 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Did Guus confirm he'd start? I think hes in line for a start but I dont know will it happen.

I think barring Pedro and maybe Rahman, we might see the same XI that started against Southampton.

I think he said Costa will get a rest for one of the next two games, and with PSG Wednesday week I'd say the rest will come against Stoke at the weekend

I think he said Costa will get a rest for one of the next two games, and with PSG Wednesday week I'd say the rest will come against Stoke at the weekend

Thats what I'd assume too although on paper Norwich should be the easier of the two games but resting against Stoke would give him more time to recover for PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Looking at the epl table and thinking we still have a huge chance to get to the europa league places. The team is in good form again , I actually enjoy watching them play lately.

Would we be better off without europa tho

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Looking at the epl table and thinking we still have a huge chance to get to the europa league places. The team is in good form again , I actually enjoy watching them play lately.

Would we be better off without europa tho

Our last 3 home games of the season are Spurs City and Leicester.

I'd only take Europa if we were to win the FA cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

do we reckon costa will start or will traore/pato be given a chance?

do we reckon costa will start or will traore/pato be given a chance?

Costa, rest him for stoke.

Team news should be out very shortly

Team is

TBO
    azp cahill ivan kenedy
    Matic Cesc
    Hazard osar traore
    Costa

subs are Begoivc
    Rahman
    Mikel RLC
    Willian PAto REmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Team is

TBO
    azp cahill ivan kenedy
    Matic Cesc
    Hazard osar traore
    Costa

Excited to see how Kenedy and Traore get on, also would be nice to see Pato get a decent cameo

Delighted to see Traore and Kenedy starting, really looking forward to this now.

Its a seriously attacking side, same with the bench actually.

Also, Norwich have the joint worse defence in the league so we might get a bit of joy.

I'd love to see Pato get 15/20mins too, if we keep the majority of the ball a tired defence might give him a chance and I think hes scored on every one of his debuts so far throughout his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

redman85 wrote: »
    Excited to see how Kenedy and Traore get on, also would be nice to see Pato get a decent cameo

I'd forgotten you'd signed Pato. What's up with Falcao,is he injured or is he out of favour with Guus ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bret Hart wrote: »
    I'd forgotten you'd signed Pato. What's up with Falcao,is he injured or is he out of favour with Guus ?

Regardless if he's injured or not, he couldn't finish a mars bar. That's why he isn't, or shouldn't be, anywhere near the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Last time there was a 29th of February

Chelsea won the champions league
    We struggled in PL that season
    Chelsea was still in the FA cup
    We lost the 1st leg in champions league round of 16
    Cavani scored against us
    We had sacked a Portuguese manager prior to it and replaced by a caretaker coach
    Manchester United were knocked out from the ucl group stages
    Barcelona were the current champions

duploelabs wrote: »

Cavani scored against us
    We had sacked a Portuguese manager prior to it and replaced by a caretaker coach

It's definitely worth a flutter.

duploelabs wrote: »

Cavani scored against us

Destiny :o

Win tonight and we record our first 3 match league winning sequence since March/April last year.

It will also push us into 8th for a few hours before tomorrows games.

Norwich will be another tough test though.

Bret Hart wrote: »

Injured, hasn't kicked a ball since about October/November.

BANG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Not the worst start ever :D

wel....thats some start from the LB. :o

Well that was quick.

Kenedy's drive and determination is a breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement