Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Leicester city in dream land KTBFFH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jaysus the league is mental this year, we've made a shambles of our defence of the title and it really should have been a cake walk. :o

Still, always next year. Keep up this points average and we'll finish in a respectable enough position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Keep the recovery going!

We have the most points in 2016! (19)

Lukker- wrote: »
    We have the most points in 2016! (19)

We're going win the league. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So apparently the deal is done and the Chelsea staff have been told we are having another Italian manager (well according to reports in Italy anyway).

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/3/11151102/antonio-conte-chelsea-abramovich-done

I wonder if it is true and if so what will the effect be??????

So apparently the deal is done and the Chelsea staff have been told we are having another Italian manager (well according to reports in Italy anyway).

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/3/11151102/antonio-conte-chelsea-abramovich-done

I wonder if it is true and if so what will the effect be??????

Seems to be the only candidate with such strong links attached.

If anyone else was in the running you can imagine agents would have been leaking stories by now.

I think we'll come out and say it once its done, Guus certainly wants to know and make it clear whats happening, he even applauded Citys decision.

Contes contract with Italy is up after the Euros so it makes sense to just come out with it if an agreement is reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I'd be skeptical on Conte, he could be another Scolari.

Theres some more mock up pictures doing the rounds of the new stadium design.

I'd be skeptical on Conte, he could be another Scolari.

Nah, I dont think we'd do worse than Scolari anytime soon.

I'm not expecting him to win us the league next year but to push us towards a title run and next year then make a real go of it, like Joses 2nd time around.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres some more mock up pictures doing the rounds of the new stadium design.

Here they are

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stamford-bridge-expansion-chelseas-proposed-10976207?

They are not official by the sound of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Those pillars are awfull ... they will not age well at all.

Oh ya, I think theyre just mock ups from a fan from the 3D design of the stadium and model work.

Theres a guy on The Shed End forum whos done similar mock ups and theyre fantastic.

EDIT : Those images are in fact from the Shed End forum, well, from the guy over on the forum. :o

Those pillars are awfull ... they will not age well at all.

The brick working is very unique, part of getting this approved by the council is not to make it look like a grey cncrete and steel bowl in such a historic area.

Grand if we had acres of waste land to develop but not when youre smack in the middle south west London. :o

If it gives the project a favourable chance of getting approved I'm all for it and next season could be the last for Chelsea at the Bridge that we know.

Rags are now picking up the Conte is done on the back of the Italian leaks.

'Arry trying to stay relevant.
    Chelsea warned midfielder's five-year contract could prove to be a 'real mess'

As man who gave stupid contracts out for a living, I wouldnt be too worried about his opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Rags are now picking up the Conte is done on the back of the Italian leaks.

What does this mean? What leaks?

That Roman has informed staff at Chelsea that he has appointed Conte as the next interim

cadaliac wrote: »
    What does this mean? What leaks?

The Italians have said its a done deal and that everyone involved is aware that Conte is going to be the next manager.

TBH, at this stage, I'd be shocked if it was anyone but Conte.

Seen as we have few defenders fit worthy of the name what about a game of you attack we attack and see who wins

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/stoke-city-face-defensive-injury-crisis-ahead-of-chelsea-visit?

• Advertisement

Seen as we have few defenders fit worthy of the name what about a game of you attack we attack and see who wins

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/stoke-city-face-defensive-injury-crisis-ahead-of-chelsea-visit?

Dont like Shawcross or Bardsley and adding Johnson and Wilson to that group of those who are out is like naming their back four.

They still have Butland and Arnuatovic is in decent form, we really deserved something against them at the Brittania so getting one over them on Saturday would be sweet.

Good news for all you hoodoo fans, I wont see the game due to work so we're going to win 4-0. :o

So Saturday, do we see Traore, Kenedy, RLC, Matic, Pato, Mizaga start or even get game time.

For me, given that PSG is only around the corner, we have to make changes.

Begovic
    Azp Mizaga Cahill Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Kenedy Oscar Pato
    Traore

Cesc could do with a rest for me, willian doesnt need one but be nice to have him fresh for PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd love to see Kenedy blazing up and down the wings!

So Saturday, do we see Traore, Kenedy, RLC, Matic, Pato, Mizaga start or even get game time.

For me, given that PSG is only around the corner, we have to make changes.

Begovic
    Azp Mizaga Cahill Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Kenedy Oscar Pato
    Traore

Cesc could do with a rest for me, willian doesnt need one but be nice to have him fresh for PSG.

Seen as uncle Guus has stated he wants to qualify for European football through the league little chance of that team. I would like to see Costa and Cesc given a rest and if fit give JT 15 minutes off the bench to sharpen him up he will be very important come PSG.

And Charly continues to light up La Liga

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/3/11156852/charly-musonda-continues-to-light-up-la-liga

No wonder he wanted a loan move as we were not prepared to give him a chance.

A little more Charly on Thursday against Barcelona's other club

Speaking of loans Christensen and Papa continue to do well in Germany Bremen have actually moved out of the relegation places losing only 1 match in the 5 papa has played.

I see Clattenburg in the middle on Saturday so no penalty's for us this weekend again then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Chelsea reportedly sent scouts to watch Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 22, for the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final against Inter Milan (Daily Express)

right because no one knows how he plays and if he's any use

Mind you talking of Papy this is perhaps not his greatest moment

http://talkingbaws.com/2016/03/chelsea-fans-wont-want-to-see-this-own-goal-from-loanee-papy-djilobodji/?

He did get a proper assist as well though.

• Advertisement

Seen as uncle Guus has stated he wants to qualify for European football through the league little chance of that team. I would like to see Costa and Cesc given a rest and if fit give JT 15 minutes off the bench to sharpen him up he will be very important come PSG.

He knows that a top 6 or 7 place is possible but not really realistic, we wont go unbeaten until the end of the season and it would take a similar style run to get into those positions. He should make changes for the Stoke game and keep people rested for PSG, we know PSG can afford that luxury theyre about 100 points clear in France so as long a we're in both cup competitions they should be the priority, lose to PSG and Everton, then focus on the league.
    I see Clattenburg in the middle on Saturday so no penalty's for us this weekend again then.
    Hes still one of the better refs so its not too bad, as long as you avoid Swarbrick, Moss or Friend, youre doing alright.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea reportedly sent scouts to watch Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 22, for the second leg of the Coppa Italia semi-final against Inter Milan (Daily Express)

right because no one knows how he plays and if he's any use

Who is he? :o Express just looking for clicks I'd assume, Chelsea and Conte especailly, know all about Pogba.

We'll just have to try to score from open play so!

Panthro wrote: »
    We'll just have to try to score from open play so!

Its going to be interesting to see Stokes approach to it if most of their defenders are out.

Ray Wilkins wants Hiddink to be given the job full time.

I can imagine with Guus age, that wasnt ever considered.

Hazard has told Chelsea TV that he wants to stay in win trophies next year, 2 years, 3 years and thats he happy even if hes not playing well.

Of course hes going to say that to the clubs own TV show. :pac:

Anyway, at this stage I'm resigned to losing him and if you only watched football from this year, you'd think Hazard isnt good enough for the Championship.

Hazard has told Chelsea TV that he wants to stay in win trophies next year, 2 years, 3 years and thats he happy even if hes not playing well.

Of course hes going to say that to the clubs own TV show. :pac:

Anyway, at this stage I'm resigned to losing him and if you only watched football from this year, you'd think Hazard isnt good enough for the Championship.

i saw that interview , he's just happy :)

• Advertisement

i saw that interview , he's just happy :)

I'd be happy if PSG or Real offer us 80+ million in the summer for him. :pac:

Diego has played 50 league games for us, 31 league goals in that period, not bad.

And Charly continues to light up La Liga

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/3/11156852/charly-musonda-continues-to-light-up-la-liga

No wonder he wanted a loan move as we were not prepared to give him a chance.

A little more Charly on Thursday against Barcelona's other club

CcsF0I8W8AAhxnH.jpg
    most dribbles

Diego has played 50 league games for us, 31 league goals in that period, not bad.

He has scored more goals in his first 50 league games then any other Premier League player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

CcsF0I8W8AAhxnH.jpg
    most dribbles

Most fouls too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and give him one more season, if its the same ****e next season though :mad:

He has scored more goals in his first 50 league games then any other Premier League player.

Nice, I would have thought Aguero would have had more but we'll take it, if he decided to show up in the first 4 months and not be over weight he'd have another few more. :pac:
    redman85 wrote: »
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and give him one more season, if its the same ****e next season though :mad:

Thats the problem, if he plays as badly next year he'll be worth less and then people will remember him as a poor player.

So Uncle Guus says Costa will definitely start against Stoke, no surprise there then. No JT though but unless JT is fit to play against PSG I would not be surprised to see the same 11 start both games.

He ought to start Traore

I wonder whos going to play LB?

At RB Azp is going to have his hands full against Arnatuovic, that should be a good battle

Stoke have lost 9 of their last cup or leagues games at the Bridge and with a defender crisis, that should hopefully be extended to 10.

Predictions for tomorrow?

I think Costa will score definitely.

Would be lovely if Hazard could get 1 on his 200th appearance.

If @ChelseaFC avoid defeat today it will be the longest unbeaten run from the start of a spell in charge.

Could be a new record for Guus.

Predictions for tomorrow?

I think Costa will score definitely.

Would be lovely if Hazard could get 1 on his 200th appearance.

3-1 Chelsea but it wont reflect how close the game will be. We'll probably go 2-0 up rhen oanic a bit go 2-1 and snatch a 3rd late on for a bit of gloss.

Costa, Willian, Cahill :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement