Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Team news shortly, the last time we failed to Beat Stoke at home in the league was in the 84/85 season.

We've won the last 7 at the Bridge against Stoke

Courtois;
    Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic(c), Baba;
    Mikel, Matic;
    Willian, Oscar, Hazard;
    Traore

Begovic, Miazga, Clarke-Salter, Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas, Pato, Remy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    He ought to start Traore

He does, yeeehaww!

I'm happy with the bench too

Happy to see what traore can do today.

Stoke have a few bruisers in the back line and we've got plenty of pace up top and on the flanks so hopefully we can up them open, with Cesc though it could be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Getting to like Traore

Beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Getting to like Traore

Beast

Some strike!

Clattenburg has made 2 terrible calls so far, no peno and no red card.

• Advertisement

Well sh*t

Sound Clattenburg

there goes the winning record vs stoke

Thanks Mark clattenburg, costing us 3 points.

Guus loves a home draw, ffs.

A win there puts us up to 7th and above Stoke but not to be.

A s**t week will only be made worse with PSG and Everton both to be played.

However, how we didnt get a penalty and Pieters want sent off I'll never know.

Courtois should do much, much better with the ball in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Ah Fûck off ,that clatenburg is a right tool , don't know how he is allowed ref ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Well ****. I can't understand why he brought Fabregas on for Matic. We were controlling the game before that and I thought Matic and Mikel were having a good game, especially after RLC came on the midfield looked balanced.

Still Clattenburg cost us but we should have tried to get another goal.

I think the cesc sub made no sense but was probably the only sub to bring on.

remy done the square root of f**k all once he came on too

also, Clattenburg and the Mikel incident is still in his mind, theres 2, clear as day incidents in the game.

1) Oscar bundled over frombehind, no penalty

2) Oscar turning Pieters who tumbles him over already booked, no booking.

Whats worse is he booked Whelan for the same thing 1 minute later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

RLC doing his best to never get a game again, incredibly lazy performance. At one stage he had his hands on his hips while stoke had the ball. At least the other young lads try. If we do get Conte, he wont take any of that **** and will rip him a new one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I see Clattenburg in the middle on Saturday so no penalty's for us this weekend again then.

I hate to say I told you so but I told you so.

There is a ref who should be struck from the list he is terrible and basically a disgrace to referees everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Clattenburg was brutal but Courtois was to blame for thier goal - pathetic. It appeared to be a Joseesque Autumn 2015 performance. No attacking intent and no tackling.
    Doubt RLC will be seen again this season after that - lazy ain't the word. Wouldn't mind if he was playing well attaching but he wasn't.

Poor Remy is shot of confidence altogether.

Still unbeaten in the league with Guus but we should have had this dross beat by the time they scored.

redman85 wrote: »
    RLC doing his best to never get a game again, incredibly lazy performance. At one stage he had his hands on his hips while stoke had the ball. At least the other young lads try. If we do get Conte, he wont take any of that **** and will rip him a new one!!!

It is difficult for a young lad to get to the speed of the game when he has no real experience but you are absolutely right he needs to show some effort at least. Jose said he was well lazy really and seems he has a point.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Clattenburg was brutal but Courtois was to blame for thier goal - pathetic. It appeared to be a Joseesque Autumn 2015 performance. No attacking intent and no tackling.
    Doubt RLC will be seen again this season after that - lazy ain't the word. Wouldn't mind if he was playing well attaching but he wasn't.

Poor Remy is shot of confidence altogether.

Still unbeaten in the league with Guus but we should have had this dross beat by the time they scored.

I have no idea what the hell Tbo was thinking of but it was a feeble effort and no mistake.

Well I think any chance of even Thursday night footie from the league is gone now but at 40 points normally enough to see off relegation yay

Fwe terrible decisions were made this season, there was even 2 made today, starting Matic and Mikel being one abd the other was playing Oscar.

On the season as a whole, one of the worse decisions we made was not accepting the stupidly high bid for Oscar from China.

Some players are good and perform bad, others are just limited and do a job, OScar falls into the middle ground of both, hes not good enough, not consistent enough and for the last few years people have said he'd kick on, he hasnt, hes not even looked like doing that.

We'll never get a bud even half of what was offered in January for him again and the club decided to keep him? Stupid decision.

So it appears that Cote has not been appointed and now it will be Poc, yea right. First off Levy would demand a kings ransom (correctly) and I am not sure he would go anyway.

Our's is a serious rebuilding job, and whilst I am sure Poc would be more than capable, Conte has done it with Juve. Thing is I guess not a lot comes out of Chelsea at the highest level so it may be all in hand or it could as normal be chaos only time will tell - but I seriously doubt Poc will be our next interim.

Izzy scores his first for Dutch Chelsea

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/chelseas-izzy-brown-scores-his-first-goal-for-vitesse-on-sunday-video/?

Anything Traore can do he can do too???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Anyone see the liverpool penno? very soft yet Oscar gets rugby tackled in the box and nothing

smuckers wrote: »
    Anyone see the liverpool penno? very soft yet Oscar gets rugby tackled in the box and nothing

Never surprised when Clattenberg is the ref, guy is right up there with Mason really. Cesc a few weeks back at Arsenal Oscar yesterday Liverpool score about 2 minutes after the first half is suppose to finish he just does not give us anything unless he absolutely has to.

He is to Chelsea what Mike Dean is to Arsenal

So is Uncle Guus messing with our minds or is JT actually out. You have to say without JT and Happy we will concede so we will need at least two, big ask here.

Stoke game generally awful, yea Clattenberg is useless but a centre midfield partnership of Matic and Obi will never be up to much. RLC was disappointing when he came on but Traore looks pretty tasty.

And come on now fess up who is the lucky one of you that met with Sophie,

• Advertisement

So is Uncle Guus messing with our minds or is JT actually out. You have to say without JT and Happy we will concede so we will need at least two, big ask here.

Stoke game generally awful, yea Clattenberg is useless but a centre midfield partnership of Matic and Obi will never be up to much. RLC was disappointing when he came on but Traore looks pretty tasty.

And come on now fess up who is the lucky one of you that met with Sophie,

Whats worse is that Costa is a serious doubt too for PSG. If we're going into the game without Costa and JT you might as well kiss the tie good bye.

Guus, again, IMO, made 2 sub blunders, RLC and Remy being the two mistakes.

I cant remember anything of note that Remy done, RLC had a chance that he should have done better with too but his over all play especially his drive, was shocking. I said it at the time but at one stage the play was going on around him and he had his hands on his hips liek he had been playing 70mins yet he was only fresh.

At this stage Kenedy and TRaore are both well ahead of him in terms of development, IMO, both have grabbed their chances when played where as RLC still seems to let those chances go by.

A loan away next year and eventually he'll be sold or let his contract run down, he doesnt seem to have "it" to cut it at the very top of the professional game, at 20, theres not much time left for people to claim hes a prospect and hes has to either step up or ship out.

You can see why Remy was given a run, should Costa actually be injured (I don't think he is just a bit of bubble-wrap I believe) but regardless then Remy needed some time on the pitch, and he showed how rusty he is.

There has been a general clamour for RLC to get time so that was understandable as well, now that we have all but given up on the league I would give RLC 4 or 5 straight games is he good enough or not? Saturday he looked lazy and you would have thought he would have been bounding around but yea it is getting very close to #2 or get off the pan time for him.

You can see why Remy was given a run, should Costa actually be injured (I don't think he is just a bit of bubble-wrap I believe) but regardless then Remy needed some time on the pitch, and he showed how rusty he is.

There has been a general clamour for RLC to get time so that was understandable as well, now that we have all but given up on the league I would give RLC 4 or 5 straight games is he good enough or not? Saturday he looked lazy and you would have thought he would have been bounding around but yea it is getting very close to #2 or get off the pan time for him.

I'd play Traore over Remy or Falcao at this stage up front if Costa is out, Remy hasnt played much in about a month.

I think Guus handed Stoke the chance to get back in the game by playing 3 CMs against them after bringing on RLC for Hazard.

I'd have shipped Mikel or Matic for RLC, Pato for Hazard.

When we play RLC as a #10, I think it brings out the attitude that hes more free of a defensive shift which isnt on at all, at the very least if you play Oscar there he breaks his balls helping the 2 behind him and the CF when closing down.

We should have seen the game out though but we handed Stoke the chance to get back into it with the subs and then some poor play gifted them teh equaliser, Willian losing the ball inside his own half and Courtois not getting anywhere enough contact on his punch and he done the same only a few mins before hand and got away with it, not twice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Was over at the game on Saturday, would have to say Stoke deserved the draw. If we had got that penalty decision, obviously it could have been different.

I'm still not convinced on Courtois. Thought he should have done a lot better with the cross that lead to their goal. If he doesn't think he can catch the ball, he should at least get some power and distance into his punch. He was lucky earlier when he saved a shot by batting the ball back into the box but they shot wide.

Techless wrote: »
    Was over at the game on Saturday, would have to say Stoke deserved the draw. If we had got that penalty decision, obviously it could have been different.

I'm still not convinced on Courtois. Thought he should have done a lot better with the cross that lead to their goal. If he doesn't think he can catch the ball, he should at least get some power and distance into his punch. He was lucky earlier when he saved a shot by batting the ball back into the box but they shot wide.

I said the same above :o but TBF, he did also save us, when I think Diouf had a chance that he got down to save in the last few minutes.

Whats really annoying is seeing a performance like that when we've got one of Europes elite sides coming here in a few days.

Apart from Traore, whos asked a few questions about his own inclusion, Matic, RLC, Remy, didnt do themselves any justice and wont be starting on Wednesday.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I said the same above :o but TBF, he did also save us, when I think Diouf had a chance that he got down to save in the last few minutes.

Whats really annoying is seeing a performance like that when we've got one of Europes elite sides coming here in a few days.

Apart from Traore, whos asked a few questions about his own inclusion, Matic, RLC, Remy, didnt do themselves any justice and wont be starting on Wednesday.

Agree with you there. Don't know what's happening with Matic but he just looks to have no confidence. Remy.......enough said.
    Have to say that I was impressed with Cahill, I wouldn't be a great fan of his but thought he looked solid enough on the day.
    Stoke are a very powerful side in midfield with no little skill in attacking areas.

Agree with you there. Don't know what's happening with Matic but he just looks to have no confidence. Remy.......enough said.
    Have to say that I was impressed with Cahill, I wouldn't be a great fan of his but thought he looked solid enough on the day.
    Stoke are a very powerful side in midfield with no little skill in attacking areas.

IF JT and Costa are out for Wednesday night we're seriously boned IMO.

Ibra, Cavani, Di Maria, Moura are a bit better than Affelay, Shaqiri, Bojan and Diouf. :o

Our best hope is a 1-0 and I cant see any combination of back 5 and 2 CMs at the club at the moment being able to do that against most teams, let alone one of Europes elite.

Hear what you say but you just never know.

Was there for the Valencia and Napoli games that infamous campaign, unforgettable nights.

Sorry now that I didn't try for Wednesday.

Unless PSG have one of those nights I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet. We are always capable of scoring so we have every chance of getting 1 or 2 but how many clean sheets do we actually keep? Even City's U21's managed a goal against us at the Bridge.

• Advertisement

Hear what you say but you just never know.

Was there for the Valencia and Napoli games that infamous campaign, unforgettable nights.

Sorry now that I didn't try for Wednesday.

Well its a better result than the one we suffered 2 years ago when we knocked them out and its worse than the result last year when they knocked us out.

They know that even if we go 2-0 up, they'll only need 1 to bring it to extra time so they wont panic.

We usually do well at home in europe so hopefully we can pull something out of the bag, we could be either in the QFs of the UCL and SFs of the FA cup or our season could be all but done come this weekend. :o

Unless PSG have one of those nights I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet. We are always capable of scoring so we have every chance of getting 1 or 2 but how many clean sheets do we actually keep? Even City's U21's managed a goal against us at the Bridge.

Luiz and Silva to get sent off, give us a bit of a chance, although we had a 1 man advantage for nearly 90mins the last time and we still choked and we were playing much, much better last year too.

Sadly as we all expected the whole Doctor thing is going to get very dirty, Eva wants a public apology from Jose and the parties are far apart on money also. Shame it has got to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

no offence but who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Me

The catalyst for Jose's downfall

No offence taken but I do.

• Advertisement

Sadly as we all expected the whole Doctor thing is going to get very dirty, Eva wants a public apology from Jose and the parties are far apart on money also. Shame it has got to this.

The more the season rolls on, with the excepation of Hazard and Matic, players that came back over weight and out of form have eventually got back on track.

Now, Jose did tell the players they could have time off but I wonder did he blame the medical department for more than just rushing onto the field that faithful day in August.

Granted, the players diets might have nothing, at least to my knowledge, to do with the medical department as I reckon we've a team of nutrionists on board to handle the players weights and diets but there was much more that had to have gone on than Jose just moaning about them coming onto the pitch.

I'd also tell Eva to do one, she can take any job in football or sport for that matter given her qualifications and experience and have a pretty few £'s in her arse pocket if she wanted from compensation, hell, Jon Fearn is still here so the sexism can go right out the window o it just smacks of being in the spotlight for the sake of it.

Jose must have really gone to town on both of them after the game for her to want an apology.

Anyway, thats something for the club to worry about with two ex-employees at the heart of the matter.

I just want us to get the job done on the field. Guus now has an EPL record, that his first 12 games in charge have seen him lose no games, although whats more important to note is only 5 wins out of 12 is all hes managed and of the 7 draws, 4 of them are from home games.

Lets not kid ourselves here, in terms of last years peak, Guus tenure has been very poor which makes what came before it a laughing stock.

There was enough home games for Guus to notch up wins but the fact hes only won 1 game at home from 5 games played.

Lets dig a little deeper, apart from beating Newcastle 5-1 under Guus, our last win at home was back in December, agaunst Sunderland and Holland was in charge, lets go back to another home win, Norwich in November., before Norwich, there was a home win against Villa and of course the only other home game we've won is Arsenal.

So thats 5 home wins, 1 against what should be a genuine rival this year and 4 home wins against the current bottom 4 of the league with draws and losses against teams from 16th up.

16th - Swansea drew with us (jose)
    15th - Palace beat us (jose)
    14th - Bournemouth beat us (jose)
    13th - Watford drew 2 all and missed a penalty (guus)
    12th - Everton, last minute offside equaliser (guus)
    11th - WBA, drew (guus)
    9th - Lost 3-1 (jose)
    8th - Stoke drew (Guus)
    7th - Pool lost 3-1 (jose)
    6th - Utd - drew 0-0 (guus)
    5th - West Ham, yet to play (guus)
    4th - City, yet to play (guus)
    3rd - Arsenal, beat
    2nd - Spurs yet to play (guus)
    1st - Leicester yet to play (guus)

So given that Guus best work is away from home and thats the only place he can seem to win, having to play 4 of the top 5 at home in the coming weeks should be great craic.

Yea agree Gav that record would be nice if we won a few more games and played better football, but in fairness to Uncle Guus he did steady the ship somewhat. The dip in form this season has really been surprising, we all knew from January to May last season we did not play well but we were competitive and worked hard. How did we get to this it will make a great book one day.

Will next season be better? God knows Liverpool and United got it wrong and have still not fully recovered, we really have to get it right next season and finish at least 4th. Still unlikely to be boring at least.

Yea agree Gav that record would be nice if we won a few more games and played better football, but in fairness to Uncle Guus he did steady the ship somewhat. The dip in form this season has really been surprising, we all knew from January to May last season we did not play well but we were competitive and worked hard. How did we get to this it will make a great book one day.

Will next season be better? God knows Liverpool and United got it wrong and have still not fully recovered, we really have to get it right next season and finish at least 4th. Still unlikely to be boring at least.

I wont even count the Arsenal win, we always beat them so that leaves 4 home victories against the 4 worse sides in the legaue.

Its such a bad record it doesnt even bear thinking about too much, which I clearly have already. :pac:

I agree, Guus has steadied the ship and the players have played slightly better but even now, theres been a stupid amount of home games where we could and should have won more points under Guus and its something I cant forget, bread and butter in this league is winning your home games and its our away record that usually leaves us down but we've folded at home so many times this year that unless we've a 2 goal lead and theres about 5 mins left in a game, I'm not confident we'll hold on.

We're 3rd in the form table since Guus took over.

We're also 3rd bottom in terms of home results in that period with only Palace and Everton curerntly having worse records at home over the last 12 games, we've scored the joint most home goals in 12 games, which stands at 14. 5 of those were against Newcastle but we've also shipped 10 in 6 games.

If Guus could somewhow transfer some of the away ability into home wins, we#d be a hell of lot clsoer to European football and the target he mentioned back when he took over.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:premier-league/form/matches:12/type:home-and-away/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement