Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

No offence taken but I do.

Why? Two ex employees arguing with one another...no impact on the club/team I wouldn't think.

Jose was the only catalyst for Joses downfall - he was 100% to blame. I'm delighted Jose is gone he was only interested Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One of the Telegraph writers suggested Hiddink for the job full time, that , ,IMO would be a serious blunder.

As he wrote himself,
    P38, W24, D12, L2. That number of games is the equivalent of a full Premier League season (though, obviously, it includes Champions League and FA Cup ties) which would represent a points tally of 85. Not enough to win the league in nine of the last 10 years – there are too many draws – but pretty close.

pinpoint on too many draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    One of the Telegraph writers suggested Hiddink for the job full time, that , ,IMO would be a serious blunder.

Would be enough to win this season, Leicester can only get 87

We need a long term manager, well by long term I mean at least 4/5 years and Hiddink wouldn't be able for that

Would be enough to win this season, Leicester can only get 87

We need a long term manager, well by long term I mean at least 4/5 years and Hiddink wouldn't be able for that

Well it wouldnt be enough to win 9 of the last 10 leagues, this year is an exception because everyone has by and large being bad or s**t. :o

We do have to think long term, had Guus been 10 years younger he'd probably be getting a 2 or 3 year deal alright, even though I'd prefer he didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Garzorico wrote: »
    Why? Two ex employees arguing with one another...no impact on the club/team I wouldn't think.

Jose was the only catalyst for Joses downfall - he was 100% to blame. I'm delighted Jose is gone he was only interested Jose.

I agree, Jose had this team well fûcked before the Eva incident. Jose mk2 wasn't a patch on Jose mk1 and where I didn't want to see him go I think it was mainly due to wanting stability in a manager, to quote a podcast I listened to recently the further away I get from Jose the happier I am that he's gone.
    He had a job for the next 20 years if he had just pulled his spiteful head in and stopped getting into petty spats with Wenger.

Given the attacks in Paris, maybe someone at PSG should be looking for a new job.

https://twitter.com/PSG_inside/status/706866766396444676

Some of the stuff on their twitter page makes me think tis run by 12 year olds. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I would agree Jose certainly contributed to his own downfall but as he was consumed in the incident perhaps not a catalyst. There must have been a negative impact on the team, if Eva was a popular doctor then the public dressing down only exacerbated things. There is also the issue of our name being dragged through the mud again.

I would imagine there is still fallout from whatever happened over the summer. However it is clear we have differing views on this so no real point dragging it out and just agree to differ perhaps

Given the attacks in Paris, maybe someone at PSG should be looking for a new job.

Good God that is amazing crass is an understatement really.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

They said the same for the first leg and they were full strength.

We could be without Costa, JT, Pedro and Kenedy. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

holy sh!t that's pretty terrible

Good God that is amazing crass is an understatement really.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    holy sh!t that's pretty terrible

Ya, its pretty stupid, I dont think they thought it through at all.

Theyre running a movie poster themed social media campaign to big up the match and want @ChelseaFC to do the same.

I hope whoever is in charge on the Chelsea side, ignores it.

Ya, its pretty stupid, I dont think they thought it through at all.

Theyre running a movie poster themed social media campaign to big up the match and want @ChelseaFC to do the same.

I hope however is in charge on the Chelsea side ignores it.

It just has to be Jacques Clouseau in charge for PSG :pac:

Good interview in WAGNH regarding Sam Hutchinson, delighted for him that he is doing well. It would be nice if they get promotion and he captains Wednesday at the Bridge next season.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/8/11177800/former-chelsea-prospect-sam-hutchinson-opens-up-about-injury-hell

Nervous as I am about Wednesday, the fact I wont be watching it makes me confident we'll go through. :o

Costa to PSG in the summer?

Seems to be the latest in a long line of players leaving when ew dont get top 4, joining Hazard, Courtois in looking to leave.

So PSG more or less at full strength, best case for us we are missing JT and Happy you do have a feeling Costa just has to be fit for this game as our only real hope is he, Haz and Cesc all decide they are going to play well at the same time which they have not done since last season.

http://www.ligue1.com/autresCompetitions/article/verratti-matuidi-make-the-cut.htm?

Problem for us is we really need to keep a clean sheet and we've failed to do so in the last 7 games.

Our last clean sheet was away to Watford at the start of February and our last home clean sheet was when the might Scunthorpe visited Stamford Bridge for an FA cup game in January.

Long and short of it is, PSG will score at least 1 and we'll need 2 or more goals to go through, I just cant see it, this team doesnt have a 1-0 in them, not to the likes of PSG anyway.

• Advertisement

Ah there is no way we will keep a clean sheet as I mentioned above even City's U-21's scored against us in the cup, not a prayer against a team of PSG's quality. But if Haz, Cesc and Costa do not put in a performance we wont score the 2 minimum we need.

Ah there is no way we will keep a clean sheet as I mentioned above even City's U-21's scored against us in the cup, not a prayer against a team of PSG's quality. But if Haz, Cesc and Costa do not put in a performance we wont score the 2 minimum we need.

Theres some key decisions to be made, who plays at CB if JT is fit, it'll probably be ivan cahill jt azp.

Who plays next to Mikel and I hope its Cesc.

Who plays at #10, anyone but RLC or Oscar.

Does Traore play some part.

My team would be

Tbo
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Mikel Cesc
    Traore Willian Hazard
    Costa

In saying that, I think we'll still lose this game, this team doesnt have emough fight, belief or more importantly, quality to get them through this tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I fully expect Costa to play, JT not to and so

TBo,
    Dave, Cahill, Ivan, Baba
    Obi, Cesc
    Oscar, Hazard, Willian
    Costa

Oscar I expect to play because he works hard and our defence will need all the help it can get.

Uncle Guus is very conservative so I really cannot see him playing Kenedy (if fit) or Traore unless we are behind and need a gung ho approach.

And I agree Gav we may not lose the game but we will lose the tie

I think yis are all being too negitave, we will go through just wait and see.

• Advertisement

I fully expect Costa to play, JT not to and so

TBo,
    Dave, Cahill, Ivan, Baba
    Obi, Cesc
    Oscar, Hazard, Willian
    Costa

Oscar I expect to play because he works hard and our defence will need all the help it can get.

Uncle Guus is very conservative so I really cannot see him playing Kenedy (if fit) or Traore unless we are behind and need a gung ho approach.

And I agree Gav we may not lose the game but we will lose the tie

I hope to christ we dont see Oscar at all, hes just not good enough and apart from the goals against the MK Dons hes been useless again for a few weeks. :(

kev1.3s wrote: »

I really hope you are right, just this season has been mega depressing and such a let down. I do expect us to win on Saturday though :)

kev1.3s wrote: »

Nah, I cant see it. We cant defend to save our lives, if we go toe to toe with PSG theres only one of us getting knocked out, across the pitch theyve a better XI than us as a unit.

I'd love to be optimistic but I dont think we can do it, had we a decent defensive base or JT and or Zouma fit, then maybe, as it stands, no hope. :o

I really hope you are right, just this season has been mega depressing and such a let down. I do expect us to win on Saturday though :)

We're better away so we should put it up to Everton, Mirallis out suspended but Lukaku is in serious form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Nah, I cant see it. We cant defend to save our lives, if we go toe to toe with PSG theres only one of us getting knocked out, across the pitch theyve a better XI than us as a unit.

I'd love to be optimistic but I dont think we can do it, had we a decent defensive base or JT and or Zouma fit, then maybe, as it stands, no hope. :o

.....neither can they. Their best defence is worse than our worst defence.

I can see a good performance and result here.

• Advertisement

Can I have some of yours and Kev's happy juice please :D

Its a two horse race so yea we have a chance and no one really knows just how good or bad PSG are as their league is shocking. I really hope to be washing down humble pie with said happy juice on Thursday that would be good.

Nah, no hope.

I'd prefer Silva, Luiz, Marquinhos over all our CBs other than JT.

At FB, only Azp is good enough.

On the flip side then, would ya prefer to face Ibra Moura Di Maria or Costa Hazard Willian?

Willian doesnt score enough in open play and Hazard has been a fraud this year. Teams with much worse defences than PSG have kept out our best efforts too.

I'm not confident anyway just doint think theres enough fight in the team, nothing changes if we go 1 down but I wouldnt trust this side to drag themselves over the line especially without JT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Would rather go out now then against Barca tbh ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hopefully he gets another CL night at the bridge, could have been his last chance tomorrow

hopefully he gets another CL night at the bridge, could have been his last chance tomorrow

Never thought of it that way. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jesus, Salah has missed a sitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

duploelabs wrote: »
    Jesus, Salah has missed a sitter

Thats about two or three now, his finishing is shocking!!

Salah should have had a hatful there tonight, real looked dodgey at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Let's hope we draw wolfsburg :D

• Advertisement

Salah missing chances, who'd have thunk it. :o

He was incredibly wasteful when he was with us.

Yea saw a bit of the Real Madrid match last night think we are better off without Salah for sure

D day is approaching, even going one round further in the UCL would lift some fo the doom from this season, can we do it?

Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Nah, no hope.

I'd prefer Silva, Luiz, Marquinhos over all our CBs other than JT.

At FB, only Azp is good enough.

On the flip side then, would ya prefer to face Ibra Moura Di Maria or Costa Hazard Willian?

Willian doesnt score enough in open play and Hazard has been a fraud this year. Teams with much worse defences than PSG have kept out our best efforts too.

I'm not confident anyway just doint think theres enough fight in the team, nothing changes if we go 1 down but I wouldnt trust this side to drag themselves over the line especially without JT.
    Chelsea players have a lot of pride and obviously stepped it up in that game in Paris. I'm not seeing a huge difference in quality between the sides really, both teams full of top class internationals and one or two stars on either team. The PSG players name's just sound better because you don't hear them everyday in England. Looking forward to this game tonight as a neutral.

Edit: Apart from Veratti, he's ****ing beautiful and a class apart from anyone else on either team. But he can be kept relatively ineffectual by a good midfield marking job.

Yea saw a bit of the Real Madrid match last night think we are better off without Salah for sure

Hes too wasteful, for all his pace and dribbling he'd miss the majority of chances he'd create for himself.

Hes doing well enogh in Italy so hopefully they keep him on.

Canadel wrote: »
    Chelsea players have a lot of pride and obviously stepped it up in that game in Paris. I'm not seeing a huge difference in quality between the sides really, both teams full of top class internationals and one or two stars on either team. The PSG players name's just sound better because you don't hear them everyday in England. Looking forward to this game tonight as a neutral.

Edit: Apart from Veratti, he's ****ing beautiful and a class apart from anyone else on either team. But he can be kept relatively ineffectual by a good midfield marking job.

He also hasnt trained in nearly a week so ive my fingers crossed he doesnt make it tonight, although with Pastore or Rabiot coming in, their not short of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

He also hasnt trained in nearly a week so ive my fingers crossed he doesnt make it tonight, although with Pastore or Rabiot coming in, their not short of quality.
    Good players. Veratti is special though. If you judge a player on how easily they'd walk into Barca's first team, which is probably a pretty accurate assessment of a player's ability, then Veratti is the only obvious choice from either side.

Canadel wrote: »
    Good players. Veratti is special though. If you judge a player on how easily they'd walk into Barca's first team, which is probably a pretty accurate assessment of a player's ability, then Veratti is the only obvious choice from either side.

Hes good and I'd love him at Chelsea but I dont think he'd be a starter for Barca, not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Presumably RTE are showing Chelsea PSG tonight ?

• Advertisement

Presumably RTE are showing Chelsea PSG tonight ?

Ya I think its RTE, TV3 had the Real game last night so it stands to reason RTE will be in charge for tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement