Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Wednesday nights is always CL night for RTE, but it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to show Benfica Zenit ...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wednesday nights is always CL night for RTE, but it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to show Benfica Zenit ...:p

It would save us from Dunohys rambling so I'm all for it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

RTE 2 and BT

I actually like Dunphy ... I find his views amusing.

- maybe it's where I get my own pearls of wisdom :D ..

I'm working until 9 and playing soccer then so I wont see none of it, enjoy the victory. :pac:

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm working until 9 and playing soccer then so I wont see none of it, enjoy the victory. :pac:

1-0 will do it ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ffs, priorities man!

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ffs, priorities man!

Trust me, its a good thing, any match ive missed so far under Guus we've won.

Even when I wathc half of the games we do s**t.

WE'll probably win 3-*0 tonight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

https://vine.co/v/iHBr9vK5pHi

Good one Feroze Ali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

If next seson is to be our last at Stamford Bridge in its current lay out I'll be going over for a game or two.

Hopefully its true.

Next season we're having a Boards Chelsea fans meet up so I assume? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sound!

Why not someplace like the woolshed beer and footie yay

Stamford Bridge is a bit better :o

Last time to see it in its current guage too it seems like.

Remember that fella Pato?

Wonder will he make his debut this season or have we paid for an expansive training camp in London for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Champions league final we all meet up here?
    Splendid.
    I'll even put on a shirt.

Panthro wrote: »
    Champions league final we all meet up here?
    Splendid.
    I'll even put on a shirt.

We'll be in the final anyway ;)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The Woolshed it is. I'm on my way now.

What Woolshed? I'm assuming Cork :P

• Advertisement

Verratti reportedly out of the this leg altogether, could be a blessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What about a sports bar that serves decent beer? The square ball or the back page?

duploelabs wrote: »
    What about a sports bar that serves decent beer? The square ball or the back page?

Those sounds like Dub bars, i'm out :P

Verratti is out, various sources on Twitter, not even on the bench

It was often said that Gandhi had a way with words.

This is some of his best work.

CdIEErgUIAAa2fm.jpg:large

Trapp, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Maxwell, Thiago Motta, Rabiot, Matuidi, Di Maria, Moura, Ibrahimovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Kenedy starting, money going on him to score within 40 seconds :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Has Pato seen any game time yet at all?

Benfica, Real and Wolfsburg all through to the next round.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Has Pato seen any game time yet at all?

None, hes still in "pre-season"

Was on the bench last weekend but he was brought in too late, should have been brought in early January, not the last day or two of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

None, hes still in "pre-season"

Was on the bench last weekend but he was brought in too late, should have been brought in early January, not the last day or two of the window.

Yeah pity it wasn't put to bed early. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on in England, was one of my favourite players when he was at AC.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah pity it wasn't put to bed early. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on in England, was one of my favourite players when he was at AC.

In a way it reminds of the Kallstrom loan, he'll probably only play maybe half a dozen games at this rate and its down to the club faffing about in January.

I'm the same as you, followed his career once he went to Italy and assumed he was going to be the new R9 of CF's. :o

given we've Remy and Falcao still on the books, I'd keep him for next season anyway and ship the other two and rotate Costa, Traore and Pato, the latter two can both play wide also.

Show your biased attitude RTE ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Some load of bull**** this is. We're destroying them but as usual a ****ing retarded ref who is giving us **** all.... and Mikel on the pitch looool what a stupid **** gus hiddink is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

2nd goal was a fluke - poor defending but a fluke nonetheless.
    Willian wasn't at the races tonight. PSG are well worse than us at the back - any pressure and they fold - I seriously thought we'd put 3 or 4 past them tonight. We sat off them in the middle of the park for some reason for nearly the whole game - very static - couldn't work that one out.
    Game changed when Costa went off.

Be a long time before we see ECL football at the Bridge again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Dunphy piping on about how great PSG are real contenders - does he not realise they only knocked out the 12th best team in England...Leister would prob beat them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Garzorico wrote: »
    2nd goal was a fluke - poor defending but a fluke nonetheless.
    Willian wasn't at the races tonight. PSG are well worse than us at the back - any pressure and they fold - I seriously thought we'd put 3 or 4 past them tonight. We sat off them in the middle of the park for some reason for nearly the whole game - very static - couldn't work that one out.
    Game changed when Costa went off.

Be a long time before we see ECL football at the Bridge again.

We have some serious holes in the team at the moment and it only took a couple of injuries to really show it.

Tbh it showed Guus for what he is imo. He's done a great job of steadying the ship but you need something special to do well in Europe. It's the reason arsenal and city continue to disappoint, you need to be clever to win in Europe unless you have a perfect squad a la barca real or bayern...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Some endeavour shown tonight, but we have too many weak links. Pedro and Oscar not at this level. Mikel a journeyman. Hazard doesn't care.

On the bright side, some of our youngsters look good. But will they all make the step up to the top? We'll be so lucky.

So, in the round, CFC are now at best a second rank European team. We're not within a sniff of the semi-final stage which had almost become routine for us. Just getting back into the UCL will be a challenge, unless someone like Conte can engineer a real overhaul. But even if we do get back to the top table others are in the ascendant, and I fear we've lost too much ground. The club is just in too much turmoil and I think the best of the RA era is behind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Beaten by the better team on the night, we did well in parts though.

Cahill is truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Three of the four CL semi-final slots are effectively pre-filled by Barca, Real and Bayern (unless they play each other earlier). That leaves everyone else fighting for one spot. We're getting to the stage now where, more often than not, that fourth spot is taken by PSG. They're in the process of turning the Big Three into the Big Four. Do they give trophies for reaching the quarter finals?

We have to have the weakest strike force of any 'elite' team in Europe. Jaysus, if Costa bogs off to Spain at the end of the season, who's left?

Time to look at next season. Hazard doesn't give a toss, so he's off. We'll need a near replacement for him in terms of quality - not easy. Costa's probably off. Hard to replace and the goals from midfield have dried up almost completely. Funny enough, I think there's enough quality in defence when Zouma comes back to make that the least of our worries.

We need two massive name signings in the close season - one midfield marvel, one striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Three of the four CL semi-final slots are effectively pre-filled by Barca, Real and Bayern (unless they play each other earlier). That leaves everyone else fighting for one spot. We're getting to the stage now where, more often than not, that fourth spot is taken by PSG. They're in the process of turning the Big Three into the Big Four. Do they give trophies for reaching the quarter finals?

We have to have the weakest strike force of any 'elite' team in Europe. Jaysus, if Costa bogs off to Spain at the end of the season, who's left?

Time to look at next season. Hazard doesn't give a toss, so he's off. We'll need a near replacement for him in terms of quality - not easy. Costa's probably off. Hard to replace and the goals from midfield have dried up almost completely. Funny enough, I think there's enough quality in defence when Zouma comes back to make that the least of our worries.

We need two massive name signings in the close season - one midfield marvel, one striker.

And who the hell would want to come? no Jose, no europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Most important from tonight is that the coefficient for the pl is being badly damaged. I don't think the pl deserves 4 places right now. As for us, it's not an exaggeration to say that 200m needs to be spent with the likes of Hazard, Oscar mikel saying goodbye

Well there will be no European footie next season so first job is a squad capable of top four. TBo is barely good enough at the minute decent enough keeper no distribution worthy of the name, Begovic OK squad player. Dave and Zouma decent defenders also possibly Baba, Cahill Ivan not good enough. Obi not good enough Matic poor season but give him one more chance as he was that good last season. Haz is gone by the looks of it Oscar and Pedro OK squad players Willian Kenedy and Cesc decent players. Costa decent player Traore deserves his chance Remy and what's his name not good enough.
    So we have TBo, Dave, Happy, Cesc, Willian, Kenedy Traore and Costa who are decent players. Baba, Begovic, Matic, Oscar JT and Pedro as decent squad players. The rest can go.
    We should bring back Christensen and along with the lesser spotted American we should be ok at CB. Baba and Kenedy should hold down LB. Dave and buy someone at RB. Then we hit a wall we are very poor after that our squad has got paper thin and desperately poor quality since Eyebrow left (yea even though we won a CL and a PL). We need at least another central midfielder or else give RLC a chance to bed down between and season end he might be good enough who knows.
    Going forward we have Cesc and Willian and ............ I would say if Charly continues in Spain as he started he has to come back. Who else? Can we get real top quality players with no CL -well maybe next season there is no major championships at the end of it and if the club pay whatever bonus would have come we might so players may not feel the absolute need to be in the shop window for next season anyway. But for a top 4 finish we need 4 or 5,players and perhaps the same again the following season to be able to compete should we qualify for Europe.

Hard times ahead.

And who the hell would want to come? no Jose, no europe.

If he would play with no European footie even at his age would take Ibra got to admire him really and has done it in proper leagues.

Not a bad thing at all not being in UCL for a season or two ... its not a competition at the moment.

Build and focus on domestic success for the next few years, when back in Europe in a couple seasons hopefully that other "team" thats destroying the game will have cooled down a little.

Blue is the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Blue is indeed The colour ..........and the mood...........
    Not a bad thing at all not being in UCL for a season or two ... its not a competition at the moment.

Build and focus on domestic success for the next few years, when back in Europe in a couple seasons hopefully that other "team" thats destroying the game will have cooled down a little.

Blue is the colour.

hots wrote: »
    We have some serious holes in the team at the moment and it only took a couple of injuries to really show it.

Tbh it showed Guus for what he is imo. He's done a great job of steadying the ship but you need something special to do well in Europe. It's the reason arsenal and city continue to disappoint, you need to be clever to win in Europe unless you have a perfect squad a la barca real or bayern.

Finally, someone agrees with me.

Lets look at some facts, like Rafa would :o

Hes got 1 win in the league at home, hes got 3 over all. Thats a wins at home against Scunthorpe, citys U18s and Newcastle, leaving 5 draws and 1 defeat and 1 clean sheet, against Scunthorpe.

Thats absolutely shocking altogether, yes hes steadied the ship but hes brought it no further forward than Jose would have if he was kept on, IMO.

Hes brought in Mikel, hes been useless bar the odd game.
    Hazard, well hes not at an elite level, its clear as day to see he has no interest so he'll be gone in the summer and good riddance.
    Oscar, hes another fraud and how we didnt accept the chinese bid I'll never know.
    Cahill, ive a traffic cone in the back thats better at picking up runners off the ball than him.
    Costas scoring, although thats because Jose is gone so thats more down to costa than uncle Guus.

I actually hope we go no further in the FA cup because winning it or losing it to a top 6 team could see us in the Europa League.

On tonights performance, the team badly misses JT and Zouma to a lesser extent, aif JT is being pushed out the door a new CB is needed ASAP as the ones at the club now are nowhere near good enough.

PSG thoroughly deserved to go through over both legs we were simply not good enough and our most in form player went off injured too.

At least it might give Traore a chance.

Was this mentioned anywhere?

320ABCF700000578-0-image-a-5_1457559971506.jpg

Cesc got booked for it and Motta was already on a yellow card

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Looking at transfer rumors and the performance of certain Chelsea first teamers I reckon Chelsea should try their best to be the team taking advantage of the Real Madrid fire sale.

For example with Hazard / Costa looking to leave and players like Mikel and Matic below standard or underperforming you could def do worse than trying to get Isco & Kroos (both apparently available)in.

Give them a good wage and a belief you'll be challenging for the title and they might be ok with a year out of CL football plus they both are still a good age.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement