Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Looking at transfer rumors and the performance of certain Chelsea first teamers I reckon Chelsea should try their best to be the team taking advantage of the Real Madrid fire sale.

For example with Hazard / Costa looking to leave and players like Mikel and Matic below standard or underperforming you could def do worse than trying to get Isco & Kroos (both apparently available)in.

Give them a good wage and a belief you'll be challenging for the title and they might be ok with a year out of CL football plus they both are still a good age.

I think your right for 1 season once the money is right we will still be able to attract decent players, more than good enough for a top 4 finish at least. As I said above there is no major championships for European players at the end of next season so they possibly can be out of the European limelight for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We'll still attract players if the right manager can sell them the belief that they'll be battling for the league and also be back in the UCL within 1 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

While the shirt swapping at half time looks stupid, I've no problem with it.

However, for the rest of the season I'd pull him aside, not play him and give Kenedy, Pato or Traore a shot on the LW.

Hazard is a Chelsea player in name only and if hes going to stink up the place like he has for the last 7 months, its better for everyone involved that he does elsewhere and we get good money for him.

peteeeed wrote: »

That is really odd when I clicked on the link below this morning on Hazards name it certainly was a dead link most likely interwebnet gremlin or someone at Chelsea with
    a) wierd sense of humour
    b) knows something we dont and just put it up too early (2nd link)

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/first-team.html

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/10/11192016/eden-hazard-to-real-madrid-is-a-done-deal-report

That is really odd when I clicked on the link below this morning on Hazards name it certainly was a dead link most likely interwebnet gremlin or someone at Chelsea with
    a) wierd sense of humour
    b) knows something we dont and just put it up too early (2nd link)

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/first-team.html

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/3/10/11192016/eden-hazard-to-real-madrid-is-a-done-deal-report

or possibly it was rubbish

No link was certainly dead. Tried it on lap top and iPad

Era sell him in the summer to the highest bidder, same with Oscar

No link was certainly dead. Tried it on lap top and iPad

Ya link was dead for me too earlier, about 9am,

• Advertisement

Ah well what can you do lets have a bit of Sophie at least, some reasonable points here as well

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Era sell him in the summer to the highest bidder, same with Oscar

If Oscar is happy enough being a squad player would keep him but Hazard yea let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sell that fcuker Hazard to the highest bidder I say.
    The wages he's on and the dagans of displays he's produced are nothing but mind boggling.
    Throw on Kenedy for the remaining season, the lads got a bit of bite about him.

Heres my take on the current squad and noteable loan players coming back

Begovic - kept
    Courtois - kept
    Amelia - released
    Blackamn - kept

Azp - kept
    Ivanovic - kept
    Zouma - kept
    Cahill - kept
    JT - released
    Rahman - could be sold back to Germany IMO
    Mizaga - kept
    Christensen - stay on loan
    Hector - stay on loan
    Kalas - sold
    Omerou - sold

Cesc - kept
    Mikel - sold hopefully
    Matic - kept
    RLC - kept
    Chaloblah - stay on loan
    Baker - stay on loan

Oscar - sold
    Kenedy - kept
    Pato - wont be signed
    Hazard - sold
    Willian - kept
    Pedro - sold
    Nathan - stay on loan
    Salah - sold
    Cuadrado - sold

Traore - kept
    Costa - kept
    Falcao - wont be signed
    Remy - sold
    Brown - stay on loan
    Solanke - stay on loan

If Oscar is happy enough being a squad player would keep him but Hazard yea let him go.

I'd prefer not to keep Oscar at all, I think hes useless, give his time to a youth player and sign a replacement.

His inconsistency is about the only thing hes consistent at. :pac:

About the only good thing about this season is the fact that Traore and Kenedy look like decent prospects, which is somewhat comforting, incase we cant see any top players at least these guys are options.

RLC however has at the very least stagnated and hasnt pushed on, his lack of games hasnt helped but when hes got those games, hes acted like Ibrahimovic, strolling around, hands on hips. Grand for a plyer of Ibras magnitude and standing in the game, not so much for a young player trying to break into the first team.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Sell that fcuker Hazard to the highest bidder I say.
    The wages he's on and the dagans of displays he's produced are nothing but mind boggling.
    Throw on Kenedy for the remaining season, the lads got a bit of bite about him.

Hear hear

Shame we let Charly off at least he would look like he gives a F

Lets see if we can get Aina to sign a contract and give him a run out as well

Actually pretty sick of a lot of the prima donnas strutting around the bridge

Hear hear

Shame we let Charly off at least he would look like he gives a F

Lets see if we can get Aina to sign a contract and give him a run out as well

Actually pretty sick of a lot of the prima donnas strutting around the bridge

Of course forgot Musonda on my list above. :o

Another quality looking player that might provide us with some moments in the near future.

In a way, no UCL maybe a blessing if we get no word class players, we can try out some youth.

Which in a way wouldnt be bad for the early stages in the Europa League, the youths and reserves would give it a good bash in the early rounds but if we can, I'd avoid the Europa League.

I still want to win the FA cup though. :o

Heres my take on the current squad and noteable loan players coming back

Begovic - kept
    Courtois - kept
    Amelia - released
    Blackamn - kept

Azp - kept
    Ivanovic - kept
    Zouma - kept
    Cahill - kept
    JT - released
    Rahman - could be sold back to Germany IMO No would keep him
    Mizaga - kept
    Christensen - stay on loan Would bring him back
    Hector - stay on loan
    Kalas - sold
    Omerou - sold
    Papy - sell

Cesc - kept
    Mikel - sold hopefully
    Matic - kept
    RLC - kept
    Chaloblah - stay on loan
    Baker - stay on loan
    Marco van Ginkel - return

Oscar - sold
    Kenedy - kept
    Pato - wont be signed
    Hazard - sold
    Willian - kept
    Pedro - sold he tries would give him another season
    Nathan - stay on loan
    Salah - sold
    Cuadrado - sold
    Charly - stay on loan

Traore - kept
    Costa - kept
    Falcao - wont be signed
    Remy - sold
    Brown - stay on loan
    Solanke - stay on loan
    Bamford - now theres a question

Some thoughts

Actually thinking of Pato will he actually get a game getting quite embarrassing at this stage.

Not sure how he did not get a run out against Stoke and as the Cup is our last chance this season wont feature on Saturday neither.

Actually thinking of Pato will he actually get a game getting quite embarrassing at this stage.

Not sure how he did not get a run out against Stoke and as the Cup is our last chance this season wont feature on Saturday neither.

Ya, its shambolic, it was reported he was a target for Jose and I think he was brought in hoping that we'd lose Remy and or Falcao.

Whats worse is he wasnt signed until the end of January, nearly 6 weeks has passed and hes only made the bench on what, one occasion and given Guus ineptness at using the bench, he couldnt even get on vs Stoke.

He should have been signed earlier in January allowing him more time to get up to speed and surely he should be ready to go and given how bad Oscar, Pedro, Hazard have been in the support roles, he should get a game see how he fares he can be whipped off if needs be.

Right now the season is over, we've the FA cup to go and we cant get much higher than 7th or 8th and we wont be relegated, Guus might as well enjoy the last few weeks of the year and change it up a bit and Pato should start over Hazard or at the very least, Hazard should be dropped from the squad.

• Advertisement

Some thoughts

Forgot about MVG too, he'll probably be sold too actually. :o

Although I'd prefer him in CM than Mikel or Matic at this rate.

Bamford, well I think if we keep Costa, I'd prefer to go forward with Costa dn Traore and maybe the new manager has a 3rd CF he wants.

Maybe even Ibra. ;)

happy 111 to chelsea FC

Kenedy was a gamble last night and one of the goals came from his side but he played well enough.

Whats bizzare was Rahman made a mistake vs Southampton and is whipped and benched, Kenedy at LB made a mistake vs Stoke and hes still started arguably the biggest game of the season.

I'd prefer if Guus plays Rahman LB and Kenedy LW vs Everton anyway.

peteeeed wrote: »
    happy 111 to chelsea FC

No history what :rolleyes:

Kenedy was a gamble last night and one of the goals came from his side but he played well enough.

Whats bizzare was Rahman made a mistake vs Southampton and is whipped and benched, Kenedy at LB made a mistake vs Stoke and hes still started arguably the biggest game of the season.

I'd prefer if Guus plays Rahman LB and Kenedy LW vs Everton anyway.

Yea I agree it really must all be related to the training pitch I think. Kenedy did make a mistake but I think I may have been a bit harsh on him as watching it again WTF was Cahill doing?

I would love to see a balanced back 4 with a proper LB, RB and two CB's now OK both Kenedy and Dave made mistakes which lead to goals last night but they were hung out to dry by Cahill and Obi (his effort in the middle of the pitch to close down and tackle was comical tragic comedy for us but comedy none the less). But Dave, Baba, JT and Ivan with an attacking 3 of Willian, Pedro and Kenedy would be interesting against Everton and I think capable of winning.

I really hope JT is fit

Yea I agree it really must all be related to the training pitch I think. Kenedy did make a mistake but I think I may have been a bit harsh on him as watching it again WTF was Cahill doing?

I would love to see a balanced back 4 with a proper LB, RB and two CB's now OK both Kenedy and Dave made mistakes which lead to goals last night but they were hung out to dry by Cahill and Obi (his effort in the middle of the pitch to close down and tackle was comical tragic comedy for us but comedy none the less). But Dave, Baba, JT and Ivan with an attacking 3 of Willian, Pedro and Kenedy would be interesting against Everton and I think capable of winning.

I really hope JT is fit

Ya, theres no hope that Cahill and IVan are keeping Lukaku quiet all afternoon.

The`1st goal was comical, was it Cahill who stayed in then ran away, then decided to close down the space, leaving Azp and Ivan behind him with a 2 on 2 in the 6 yard box?

Leaving IBra that much time in the penalty area was disgraceful and those type of clipped balls were on all game with simple runs off our CBs shoulders.

After Everton, our next league game is West Ham at home.

We know Guus wont make changes for the FA cup, that sa given, will he do it for the visit of West Ham, probably not.

Hes done ok with us but lets not forget his incredible run the last time was backed up by a much better squad all at their peak and motivated, Lamps, Drogba, JT, Ballack etc all were huge game players, this current squad would be steam rolled by that side in belief and drive alone.

Ya, theres no hope that Cahill and IVan are keeping Lukaku quiet all afternoon.

The`1st goal was comical, was it Cahill who stayed in then ran away, then decided to close down the space, leaving Azp and Ivan behind him with a 2 on 2 in the 6 yard box?

Leaving IBra that much time in the penalty area was disgraceful and those type of clipped balls were on all game with simple runs off our CBs shoulders.

Actually I do love the description in WAGNH of Cahills defending

*A note on that space before we get to the looming inevitability of the goal itself: it's difficult to imagine a more incoherent piece of defensive play than that which Gary Cahill displayed in the 16th minute. The twin errors of failing to hold a defensive line by tracking a run to closely and backing away from that run are extremely difficult to make at the same time, but Cahill somehow managed to do just that. We've seen worse errors, but I don't think I've ever seen a better piece of absurdist football un-art. There should be some sort of medal.

Actually I do love the description in WAGNH of Cahills defending

*A note on that space before we get to the looming inevitability of the goal itself: it's difficult to imagine a more incoherent piece of defensive play than that which Gary Cahill displayed in the 16th minute. The twin errors of failing to hold a defensive line by tracking a run to closely and backing away from that run are extremely difficult to make at the same time, but Cahill somehow managed to do just that. We've seen worse errors, but I don't think I've ever seen a better piece of absurdist football un-art. There should be some sort of medal.

That was my take on it, he had two choices, close Ibra opr close the space and for a momnet he decided and some how managed to do neither, it was baffling.

I said it last night but if someone had offered us 20m for Cahill and 50m for Luiz in the same window I'd have kept Luiz and sold Cahill.

Cahill is really lucky he makes up the home grown quota because hes a bang average CB.

• Advertisement

Rafa to Newcastle doing the rounds, just when I thought I couldnt like either any less. :o

Given the poor record we've got up north, next year vs Newcastle would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Hazard is the true fraud in all this.

The short-term outlook by the club comes back to bite them yet again. Sales made by Mourinho should have been vetoed by Abramovich.
    How the club haven't put all their efforts into finding replacements for Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry is just mad.
    Defence has been shocking for a long time. Regardless of how last season went results-wise, anybody who watched the games could tell you that it was down to the extremely deep line and at times a great deal of luck.
    Christensen looks like he could be decent, but that's only one(out of three) potential replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ill miss Chelsea next year in champions league, they always look like they can put it up to any team. Madness they didnt get any big signings last summer

Sheepy99 wrote: »

The short-term outlook by the club comes back to bite them yet again. Sales made by Mourinho should have been vetoed by Abramovich.
    How the club haven't put all their efforts into finding replacements for Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry is just mad.
    Defence has been shocking for a long time. Regardless of how last season went results-wise, anybody who watched the games could tell you that it was down to the extremely deep line and at times a great deal of luck.
    Christensen looks like he could be decent, but that's only one(out of three) potential replacement.

The big mistake, as Astonaidan pointed out was not backing the signing of players, we bought early and well for the title win and give us a great starting point.

This season we were caught with our di*k in our hands and we didnt sign anyone of note, Pedro was a decent addition but hes gone missing more often than hes turned up and Rahman is still very raw. Kenedy has looked decent but hes not a starter yet.

Zouma and Christensen could be a long term solution to the back line problems but we still could use JT, I'd have him before Cahill and Ivan anyway, easily.

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Thing is did Jose get the people he wanted? I really doubt papy and Baba were on his shopping list?

The only sales you could question that was down to Jose was KdB and Lukaku and in fairness when they were sold their attitudes sucked. Could he have done more yea maybe but keep the context. The money for Luiz was too good but letting Luis back to AM was a big mistake I agree, his attitude seemed good and he is a fine player.

Jose did not want Cech to go and certainly not to Arsenal that was a Roman call.

I can only agree with you regarding our purchases for years now they have been sub standard with the exception of summer 2014 when we got Cesc, Costa and Luis all done and dusted early 3 quality players. Last summer was a joke and I cannot believe Jose had any hand or part in that.

Thing is did Jose get the people he wanted? I really doubt papy and Baba were on his shopping list?

The only sales you could question that was down to Jose was KdB and Lukaku and in fairness when they were sold their attitudes sucked. Could he have done more yea maybe but keep the context. The money for Luiz was too good but letting Luis back to AM was a big mistake I agree, his attitude seemed good and he is a fine player.

Jose did not want Cech to go and certainly not to Arsenal that was a Roman call.

I can only agree with you regarding our purchases for years now they have been sub standard with the exception of summer 2014 when we got Cesc, Costa and Luis all done and dusted early 3 quality players. Last summer was a joke and I cannot believe Jose had any hand or part in that.

I just dont think the market was there for players last year, we should have added to the squad to bring in fresh blood and competition in and to push the current squad to become better.

In recent yers the club have only been concerned about the bottom line and balancing the books, look at City, rightly or wrongly, they got the players in they needed and theyre not selling to balance the books, if ya need the players, go and get them, simple we didnt do that in the summer gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Some thoughts

Would sell MVG myself, his value won't ever be higher and he's not the level for us. Bamford I think is done now, if he can't break into a team during his loans he isn't going to break into ours...

Christensen comes back next season I think, spend a year with Terry and then battle out with Cahill to partner Zouma... Charly is doing excellently but at 4ft nothing and weighing less that one of Zouma's legs he's just too small for the prem imo. He'll have to be truly special to make it in a physical league at his size.

hots wrote: »
    Would sell MVG myself, his value won't ever be higher and he's not the level for us. Bamford I think is done now, if he can't break into a team during his loans he isn't going to break into ours...

Christensen comes back next season I think, spend a year with Terry and then battle out with Cahill to partner Zouma... Charly is doing excellently but at 4ft nothing and weighing less that one of Zouma's legs he's just too small for the prem imo. He'll have to be truly special to make it in a physical league at his size.

I think Musonda can make it, hes playing in a technially superior league and doing well, he doesnt have to turn into a muscle man to survive the league but he does have to fill out a bit, unless hes been played next year, I'd leave him on loan in Spain, continue his football education, which is much better thansitting on an EPl sides bench or playing for our youth teams.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/10/chelsea-antonio-conte-backroom-staff-talks
    Chelsea give Antonio Conte the green light to bring in his backroom staff

• Advertisement

Beat Everton and we're in the FA cup semi final at Wembley playing either

Reading or Palace
    Arsenal or Watford
    Man Utd or West Ham

Should be an incentive also, think of the league loss we suffered a few months ago up at Goodison, not an easy place to go to but our away form is better than our home form.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

hots wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not.

I don't think Harry Kane was doing great when he was out on loan either, but when he was given a chance with the first team, he took it..

Techless wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not.

I don't think Harry Kane was doing great when he was out on loan either, but when he was given a chance with the first team, he took it..

spurs didnt have a player the quality of Costa standing in his way though. Sherwood gambled on him as Soldado was and still is useless and Adebayor only turns up once every few months.

Kane, if he was at Chelsea wouldnt have got chances either, same way Bamford wont get chances, unless hes content with being 3rd choice.

Anyway, I think Traore is better served being kept and being back up and we ship out Falcao and Remy, Traore looks pretty decent and will only improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Where Solanke these days ?

Techless wrote: »
    Where Solanke these days ?

Dutch holiday at Vitesse.

I think hes got 4 or 5 goals for them too.

Abraham whos with the U21s is still banging in goals too so between Solanke and Abraham, we've options at the club who look pretty decent.

I reckon Bamford will be sold to a decent Championship side and may ake it in the EPL at some stage but it wont be for us, not at tis stage. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

With hazard possibly out the door, and rightly so, would it not be in Chelseas best interests to keep Cuadrado and/or Salah? From what I've seen of both of them theres talent there. I've seen a lot of Salah at Roma and he does tend to blow hot and cold but on his day he's quality. Nabbed himself around 10 or 11 goals so far this season too.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    With hazard possibly out the door, and rightly so, would it not be in Chelseas best interests to keep Cuadrado and/or Salah? From what I've seen of both of them theres talent there. I've seen a lot of Salah at Roma and he does tend to blow hot and cold but on his day he's quality. Nabbed himself around 10 or 11 goals so far this season too.

I think if we sold all three we'd easily get north of 100m for that kind of money you could replace Hazard with an exceptional player, ala Bale or Griezemann.

Thats the route I'd go down anyway, whether either would join us for at least 1 year without European football is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Let Kenedy play the wing

Let Kenedy play the wing

Theres always that option too. :o

I'd be all for spending the Hazard/Salah/Cuadrado cash though.

We'll see what Conte wants soon enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Let Kenedy play the wing

Kenedy looks a real talent. Great going forward but hasn't been overly convincing as a defender. Seems like more of an attacking winger than a wing back imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement