Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I hope Conte rates Costa. One of the few players we have with balls and he has that temper under control too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Kenedy looks a real talent. Great going forward but hasn't been overly convincing as a defender. Seems like more of an attacking winger than a wing back imo.

Hes not a full back at all, Jose played him thee and gave him the freedom of the left flank when chasing games early in the season.

He was signed as a winger so hopefully he plays more from the left wing than LB or LWB.

He does seem a promising talent, was only about 7m too so might be a bit of a bargian but I'd more comfortable with him playing on the wing, as you said, hes a bit naive in his defensive duties which can be expected from a winger.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I hope Conte rates Costa. One of the few players we have with balls and he has that temper under control too.

If he spoke English I'd make him captain.

Being honest, theres not many players we could realistically bring in that could be seen as an upgrade on Costa.

Hes got over 30 EPL goals in something like 55 games which is pretty good going and as you said, since hes largely stopped acting the maggot, hes getting less and less pointless media headlines too which is a good thing for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the afternoon fun & games

CHELSEA

– Chelsea do not plan to sell Eden Hazard despite his poor season (Daily Telegraph)

– Juventus are continuing to monitor Chelsea midfielder Oscar (Daily Mail)

– Super Eagles midfielder John Obi Mikel has refused to sign a contract extension with Chelsea amid interest from three Chinese clubs (Soccernet)

– Antonio Conte wants to sign Sunderland’s Emmanuele Giaccherini when he lands the Chelsea job (Gazetta dello Sport)

– Chelsea have made Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos a top transfer target this summer (Sport)

– Bayern Munich and Chelsea have joined Arsenal in the race for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic (Tuttosport)

– Chelsea and Manchester United have been handed a glimmer of hope in their long-running battle to sign Antoine Griezmann, whose contract talks with Atletico Madrid have stalled (Daily Star)

– Southampton have lowered their valuation of Sadio Mane, putting both Manchester clubs and Chelsea on alert (Daily Star)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Giaccherini? :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Giaccherini? :pac:

yeah a fella sent on loan by Sunderland

everton pres conf

Guus Hiddink says the FA Cup is very important to go for but he doesn't want to undervalue chasing a higher league position.

there are other strong teams challenging us for a better league position.

a club like Chelsea must look to win every game, regardless of our result tomorrow.

Eden Hazard is not without injury. He has been playing not fully fit. He will be available v Everton and is keen to play.

the suggestion that not being in the Champions League makes it harder to recruit players is just speculation

Chelsea is always an attractive proposition for players

John Terry is back in the squad having trained well and intensely the last two days.

he supports an increase of video referral in the decision-making process by match officials. He says it will help the refs

he sees every now and then beautiful things from Hazard, & that some players have difficult times although they are trying.

he will make a late decision on the availability of Diego Costa who has a hip problem

he is trying to help Hazard by working out when and for how long it is good for him to play at full intensity.

more here

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-press-conference-live-guus-11025197

peteeeed wrote: »
    the afternoon fun & games

CHELSEA

– Chelsea do not plan to sell Eden Hazard despite his poor season (Daily Telegraph) boooo

– Juventus are continuing to monitor Chelsea midfielder Oscar (Daily Mail) Yaaaaay

– Super Eagles midfielder John Obi Mikel has refused to sign a contract extension with Chelsea amid interest from three Chinese clubs (Soccernet) Ill pack his bags

– Antonio Conte wants to sign Sunderland’s Emmanuele Giaccherini when he lands the Chelsea job (Gazetta dello Sport) Da fuq? :confused:

– Chelsea have made Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos a top transfer target this summer (Sport) Yaaaay

– Bayern Munich and Chelsea have joined Arsenal in the race for Inter Milan midfielder Marcelo Brozovic (Tuttosport) :confused:

– Chelsea and Manchester United have been handed a glimmer of hope in their long-running battle to sign Antoine Griezmann, whose contract talks with Atletico Madrid have stalled (Daily Star) Yaaaaaay, hope

– Southampton have lowered their valuation of Sadio Mane, putting both Manchester clubs and Chelsea on alert (Daily Star) Youre grand, thanks

See above

• Advertisement

Miazga playing for the u-21's tonight against Leicester

peteeeed wrote: »
    Miazga playing for the u-21's tonight against Leicester

Hows he doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Giaccherini would be a WTF signing but Conte's worked with him at Juve and he's been in his Italy squads so I imagine Conte knows enough about him.

I'm dying for some confirmation on the whole Conte deal, don't want to be getting my hopes up too much.

Giaccherini would be a WTF signing but Conte's worked with him at Juve and he's been in his Italy squads so I imagine Conte knows enough about him.

I'm dying for some confirmation on the whole Conte deal, don't want to be getting my hopes up too much.

Well we cant get Rafa, thats a good start.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hows he doing?

Played ok , big lad , played on the right of a back 3 , good passer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Why have a bunch of games been postponed this weekend ?
    Edit FA cup , didn't even know , post app has Chelsea not playing

Chelsea team today: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic (c), Kenedy; Mikel, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Pedro; Diego Costa.

Chelsea subs: Begovic, Baba Rahman, Terry, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar, Traore, Remy. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Costa has been woeful in the first half, diving all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Get rid of them all! Every single one of them lads there. Bloody useless.

• Advertisement

Any buyback clause for Lukaku? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yep, I'd definitely rather Costa than Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Well that's the season over.

Absolute ****ing shambles of a team.

Jesus, Costa off for biting and Terry going up front.

Lukaku on for a perfect hat-trick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

At least Costa didn't bite, it looked a bit more lover like in the end :pac:

• Advertisement

Any chane we can sack Guus?

And also the entire back line, lukakus first goal was comical

The worse thing about today was listening to Keown spout s**t for 90mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Jaysus this is ****e

The worse thing about today was listening to Keown spout s**t for 90mins.

Absolutely. You'd swear Lukaku scored a Maradonaesque slaloming wondergoal the way he was creaming himself.

The defending was shambolic. Gary Cahill nearly ended up back in Stamford Bridge he was backpedaling so fast.

CF on the bench yet Guus sends on JT to go upfront with cahill?

Theres no wonder the dutch side were so s**t under him.

Hes steadied the ship but weve gone nowhere at all under him.

• Advertisement

Season pretty much over for us now.

On recent displays, we've no chance of making it into the European spots. We'll probably just draw our way to May now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Was Costa trying to give Barry a hickey or what ?

Costas out for 2 games so traore will get chances.

How did pedro get 90mins be was easily the worse player on display.

Also, why at 1 down did he bring on remy and not traore whos got goals.

Im sick of Guus at this stage his use of the bench is shocking.

It was brilliant to see Azp, Ivan, Mikel and Cahill all left flaundering .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Was there a buyback clause with Lukaku sale?

Love the bbc....theres no bite there at all :pac:

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Was there a buyback clause with Lukaku sale?

Nope.

Would never have been agreed too if there was one demanded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I only saw the second half, but that was atrocious. So many unforced errors and misplaced passes. Willian is reverting back to his old self. Wtf was Cahill at for the first goal? There are young kids who would've defended that better cos they'd know not to turn your back on the striker in that position.

The end of this season can't come fast enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

What was Guus doing playing Kenedy at lb, it didnt work midweek and it certainly didnt work today. He should have got Rahman on for Pedro and push Kenedy up the wing.

Ya kenedy done alright though. Its the mikel/matic cahill/ivan foursome i hate.

Theyre all so s**t

There's no excuse not to blood the kids now.

Play Loftus-Cheek in CM, Traore as a CF/RW, Kenedy on the LW (not as an emergency left back) and Miazga/Aina and Baba in the defence alongside JT and Azpi.
    Give Abraham, da Silva and Colkett a run as well. If they're good enough they're old enough.

Courtois

Azpi/Aina ---- Miazga/Ivan
    JT
    Baba/da Silva

Loftus-Cheek/Colkett
    Fabregas

Traore/Oscar
    Willian/Oscar
    Kenedy/Pato/Pedro

Costa/Traore

Mikel, Matic and Cahill shouldn't be near the team for the next 2 months. We know their level - and its ****ing abject at the minute.

If Hazard is injured/not arsed, just shut him down and give him the next 2 months off to recover from the injury properly.

At least then if he's back next season he'll be fully fit and if not we can sell him to PSG/Real.

• Advertisement

Agreed mate but i never wanna see pedro again he was so bad.

Id have kenwdy or pato on the left.

As ya said season is over night as well give the youths a chance now guus is gone thankfully at the end of the year and theres nothing to play for so he has the luxury of doing what he wants.

Sacking jose now looks even worse, no cups or european ball and were not going down much of the squad will be changed too in the summer so sacking him is even more baffling. Guus had 3 huge tests as chelsea boss and hes failed them all in the last 2 weeks. His record can finally stand out as being average at best now hes got a few losses on board.

Anyway, roll on hopefully conte a d next season

Agreed mate but i never wanna see pedro again he was so bad.

Id have kenwdy or pato on the left.

As ya said season is over night as well give the youths a chance now guus is gone thankfully at the end of the year and theres nothing to play for so he has the luxury of doing what he wants.

Sacking jose now looks even worse, no cups or european ball and were not going down much of the squad will be changed too in the summer so sacking him is even more baffling. Guus had 3 huge tests as chelsea boss and hes failed them all in the last 2 weeks. His record can finally stand out as being average at best now hes got a few losses on board.

Anyway, roll on hopefully conte a d next season

Yeah fair enough about Pedro. He's had a few good games but had a nightmare today. I almost forgot Pato existed :o

--

To be fair, the hole Jose dug this time round was too deep. He alienated and sold any potential squad depth we had (Mata, DeBruyne, Lukaku, Luiz, Schurrle, Ba, Felipe Luis) over the last 2 years and then between himself and the gobshítes on the board (Emenalo etc) didn't replace them adequately.

He's seems to have loss the touch he had with the players and press since he took the Real job. Every thing he said this time was antagonistic.
    Then he managed to piss off 10-12 of the 17 senior players we had left in the squad. And with no competition for places the problems spiralled.

The right thing would probably have been to hold fire and ship the 6-7 of the useless pricks and keep Mou till the summer and acknowledge we needed to rebuild. But we've never had the balls to fight player-power.

--
    Gus was never going to save the day this time round. He's failed to varying degrees at Turkey, Russia and Holland in his last few jobs. He was only brought in to try act as a balm to the disharmony in the dressing room (which worked to a degree).

Last time at Chelsea he had a squad with 5 or 6 international captains with legends like Cech, Essien, Lamps, JT, Ballack, Cole, Drogba, Ivan that could motivate themselves. We have a complete leadership vacuum in the dressing room now.

--
    Hopefully, we announce Conte as the new manager in the next week or so.
    Then we can start planning for next season.

Hopefully he comes in and has carte blanche in building the new team from the back and restoring the aura of invincibility at the Bridge (and Wembley).

We won't be continuously successful in the PL or CL unless we have a strong spine again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

My BBC sycophantic quote of the night was after the first goal.

'That's a typical Everton centre forward's goal'

Like WHAT???

BIG
    LOAD
    OF
    BOLLIX

gosplan wrote: »
    My BBC sycophantic quote of the night was after the first goal.

'That's a typical Everton centre forward's goal'

Like WHAT???

It was a greet finish both goals were but the defending for the 1st was shockingly bad, its one of the worst pieces of defending by a collection of defenders as youre likely to see all season.

Take nothing away from everton or lukaku in such a tight game he was the difference. He only thing that was as bad as our defending was keown. Id actually have preferred owen or quinn it was painful.

Really is a shame, nothing left to look forward to this season, not even 4th is possible.

:( Anyway, you know my opinion on the UCL , so I don't mind missing it for a season or 2 - what I do worry about is the likes of Courtouis and Costa could want out for a UCL playing club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Really is a shame, nothing left to look forward to this season, not even 4th is possible.

:( Anyway, you know my opinion on the UCL , so I don't mind missing it for a season or 2 - what I do worry about is the likes of Courtouis and Costa could want out for a UCL playing club.
    I think any more than one season out of the UCL will do us huge damage, not least in losing Courtois. With no European distractions next year, we've no excuse not to get at least fourth.

Without European football and keeping the majority of the squad while also adding to it in mey areas, such as CB, CM and a #10, theres no reason why we cant win the league or go bery close.

This year has been the poorest league in recent memory and its been a shambles of a title defence.

This squad is much better than its shown, the TV koney kicks in next year so the playing field is somewhat levelled out, as long as we convince any potential signing that this is a short term project and we'll be back in Europe within 12months and fighting on all fronts, theres no reason we cant attract quality while also keeping players.

Theres no food news left in the season, apart from announcing Conte, hopefully before the Euros. Im assuming if its nearly done hes got a vision of who he wants and who he'd like to keep and who he wants to see before making his mind up on.

While weve got to spend mad money to get back to the top weve also got a potential 500-750m outlay on a stadium to consider and how that might effect us in the transfer market.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Domestic treble next year, lads. You heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Domestic treble next year, lads. You heard it here first.

You're beginning to sound like a Liverpool fan!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement