Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Without European football and keeping the majority of the squad while also adding to it in mey areas, such as CB, CM and a #10, theres no reason why we cant win the league or go bery close.

This year has been the poorest league in recent memory and its been a shambles of a title defence.

This squad is much better than its shown, the TV koney kicks in next year so the playing field is somewhat levelled out, as long as we convince any potential signing that this is a short term project and we'll be back in Europe within 12months and fighting on all fronts, theres no reason we cant attract quality while also keeping players.

Theres no food news left in the season, apart from announcing Conte, hopefully before the Euros. Im assuming if its nearly done hes got a vision of who he wants and who he'd like to keep and who he wants to see before making his mind up on.

While weve got to spend mad money to get back to the top weve also got a potential 500-750m outlay on a stadium to consider and how that might effect us in the transfer market.

Christ, I never considered the effect of the stadium outlay, what happens if we turn into Arsenal and use it as an excuse to scrimp and save for years, and then continue to do so evermore inexplicably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Christ, I never considered the effect of the stadium outlay, what happens if we turn into Arsenal and use it as an excuse to scrimp and save for years, and then continue to do so evermore inexplicably

At least we'll still have this.

article-0-132F4B34000005DC-955_468x316.jpg

:pac:

You're beginning to sound like a Liverpool fan!

It has to be someones year. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Having won the last 2 years at least, I've managed to scrape my way up to 2nd in our fantasy league after a terrible start. Can Chelsea have a respectable finish now themselves with no other competitions to distract them?

Michael I won't be catching you, enjoy the crown!

Having won the last 2 years at least, I've managed to scrape my way up to 2nd in our fantasy league after a terrible start. Can Chelsea have a respectable finish now themselves with no other competitions to distract them?

Michael I won't be catching you, enjoy the crown!

Seasons in limbo, we cant challenge for European places and we cant go down, we'll bob around in 8-12th for the rest of the yer IMO so from here on in, we might as well play the youths.

Some of the senior players will be off to the Euros so theyed want the rest and we get to evaluate the youth without fear of costing the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

TERRY TO BE OFFERED BRONDBY JOB

John Terry will be offered the chance to become Brondby manager this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 35-year-old is expected to leave Stamford Bridge when his contract expires at the end of the season, alerting Brondby owner Jan Bech Andersen, who is friends with Terry and has apparently already sounded him out about the possibility of a move to Denmark.

Andersen has the funds to make the move happen, it is said, and hopes to lure Terry by offering him a player/coach role, though the Blues captain is also set to have offers from the Middle East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not a mission.
    He should be given a new contract ASAP
    Has anyone at the club realized just how bollocks we are at the back without JT?!
    Fcukin assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I love JT, but he's not getting any younger ...

Panthro wrote: »
    Not a mission.
    He should be given a new contract ASAP
    Has anyone at the club realized just how bollocks we are at the back without JT?!
    Fcukin assholes.
    I love JT, but he's not getting any younger ...

Hes not getting younger but hes not regressing at that rate where we can cast him aside as we've got 3 or 4 better options.

We're simply utter wa*k at the back without him. The only players trying their hearts out the other day were Costa, Willian, Kenedy and Azp, the rest were going through the motions.

You only have to look at Lukakus opening goal to realise how poor we are at the back that he managed to bundle his way, without much skill or effort passed 4 players and he had Cahill in knots without shifting the ball much either.

Maybe its me being naive but having played with Lukaku and realising hes left footed why did Cahill turn his back in that situation, Lukaku was gonna go with his left all day, the 2nd goal is different he has no time to shift it and it was a sweet finish with his right but again, he just strolls through off the back of Ivanovic without Ivanovic being aware hes there, is it Kenedys fault for not talking or Ivans fault for not being aware to the danger, probably both but you plank JT in there and those 2 situations are snubbed out before they happen.

Up until the Lukaku goals we had the best chance, Costas very narrow finish, he was just too far wide of the post to squeeze it in.

Anyway, JT needs a new one year deal, everyone in the back line plays much better when hes leading the team but WTF was Guus doing throwing 2 CBs up top for the last 15mins when he had TRaore sitting on his arse on the bench?

When you consider we played little to no long ball up top, what was the point in moving 2 big CBs up there? It was mental but good craic to watch as it really summed up what I've come to know of Guus version 2.0, he got very, very lucky the first time around that he had a squad capable and in their prime.

Hurry up please Conte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rumours Conte will be announced today. They come from Italy so take with a pinch of parmesean.

I do expect some movement this week though now that our season is finally over.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumours Conte will be announced today. They come from Italy so take with a pinch of parmesean.

I do expect some movement this week though now that our season is finally over.

Be good timing too, give us something to finally look forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

So Fergie saying he expects neither ourselves, City or Utd. to be in CL next season.

So much for money buying success :D

bullpost wrote: »
    So Fergie saying he expects neither ourselves, City or Utd. to be in CL next season.

So much for money buying success :D

City are a disgrace though, we've been utter tripe since day 1 but theyve had a huge chance to stroll to a league title and theyve f**ked it away.

I wonder has it anything to do with Guardiola coming in next year and thre players just downing tools which doesnt reflect well on them either.

It would be brilliant though if City didnt get UCL either and Gaurdiola was in the Thursday league.

Actually, just in City pi**ing away the easiest league in about 2 decades, an honourable mention must also go to those lads in red and white in North London, better equppied than Leicester and Spurs and teams like City, Utd and Chelsea have been so bad theyve failed to captailise so far.

From this point out, it does look like a 2 horse race between Leicester and Spurs and if thats the case I'll be cheering on Leicester.

We've Spurs in our 2nd last home game and I'd love to stop them winning the league if it meant Leicester were crowned cahmpiosn on the final day at the Bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Be good timing too, give us something to finally look forward to it.

agreed

peteeeed wrote: »
    agreed

Even anything concrete on the stadium (no pun intended) would be welcome at this stage. :o

I think the delay with Conte is hes probably not told the Italian FA that hes not staying on past his current deal, it would be very unprofessional for all parties to announce hes joining Chelsea if his current employers werent kept in the loop.

Given theres international fixtures coming up in the coming weeks, we might see some movement on this front.

Rags reporting Christansen will join up with the 1st team squad next season and his loan will be cut short.

I dont believe it, unless Conte has said he wants him back, as it stands, it would be betetr for him to get 30+ games in Germany in the Bundesliga than it would be to feature in a fraction fo that for us from the bench and the odd cup match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Our defence is so bad and quality centre half's so thin on the ground I expect that he will get a lot of games next season. He and Zouma could well form the back bone of the defence for years to come and with only the league and domestic cups to concentrate on plenty of integration time.

All the sadder that JT is leaving could have been a great source of help on the training grounds.

Our defence is so bad and quality centre half's so thin on the ground I expect that he will get a lot of games next season. He and Zouma could well form the back bone of the defence for years to come and with only the league and domestic cups to concentrate on plenty of integration time.

All the sadder that JT is leaving could have been a great source of help on the training grounds.

Whats good though is that we're not selling a clearly quality player.

Gladbach would have paid a few million for him and he could easily have went for multiples of that in the next 24-36 months if he keeps up his progress making our sale of him looking stupid.

We know JT is back for the West Ham game this weekend and that Costa is facing at least 2 games out for getting 10 yellows adn they'll probably tack on an extra game. Whats very worrying is our only source of goals is out fo the team, we've nothing to play for so I'd be starting Traore over Remy or Falcao as hes the future.

Guus has the change to bring in some youth and chang eit up bu tI cant see him doing it, what I want to see is

Courtois
    Azp Ivan JT Rahman
    RLC Matic
    Kenedy Cesc Pato
    Traore

What we're likely to get though is

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill Jt Azp
    Mikel cesc
    Pedro Willian Hazard
    Traore

• Advertisement

If we see the second team, and I agree there is a better chance of that then the first, it will send such a negative sign to all the young players at Chelsea. It would be great to see the start of a new era growing from the ashes of the disaster this season is, not holding my breath though.

If we see the second team, and I agree there is a better chance of that then the first, it will send such a negative sign to all the young players at Chelsea. It would be great to see the start of a new era growing from the ashes of the disaster this season is, not holding my breath though.

Even just playing one of two of them should be the way forward until the summer.

RLC should be starting games now, hwoever, if he performs like he did vs Stoke, he should be put firmly in his place nad left on the bench until he realises he doesnt have whats needed to make it for the club unless he changes his attitude.

In Costas absence we might as well play Traore, Remy and Falcao are both likely to be off in the summer anyway so no point holding back one bring spark of a s**t season.

Rahman has to play LB too, Kenedy is an attacking player and he doesnt have the brain to play FB, push him on the wing and lets see what he can do.

Might as well play Mizaga and Pato too, Mizaga has a deal already but Pato needs game time if he wants to secure a deal.

Surprise surprise Costa has been charged by the FA with misconduct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Surprise surprise Costa has been charged by the FA with misconduct.

Lol what a joke. :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    Lol what a joke. :rolleyes:

Considering whats left go by the FA theyve really got to have some consistency if anyone is to take them seriously.

You've to wonder if the player in question was English, would they go to town on them?

Not a hope in hell.

The best way it seems to deal with Costa is to kick him around the pitch, if he reacts he'll be beooked or sent off, you might get a card but once Costa is booked just let someone else kick him around the park.

Oliver, like most refs give him no protection or the benefit of the doubt.

Take Barrys first tackle on him, straight on to the achilles, a blatant yellow but nothing happens. 30 secs later but players clash after the free kick and Costa is booked.

Barry chops him down and in the 2nd half, Barry is booked Costa is booked and sent off.

Had Oliver being consistent Barry would have been on his 2nd booking too and oth would have been off but nah, it doesnt work that way and Costa gets booked for simply being Costa in the first place for the inital clash, cant make it up.

Hes easy to target and people can follow that line if they want and take turns in kicking him, Funas Mori was at it too, whats annoying was not many, if any Chelsea players barring Ivanovic and Mikel were willing to go to Oliver and have a word with them, didnt help the cause one bitit seems.

Only plus poit from it is Traore will hopefully get an extended run but knowing Guus he might play Cahill, JT or Falcao up front over him, it remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Considering whats left go by the FA theyve really got to have some consistency if anyone is to take them seriously.

What really annoys me is Martinez coming out and slating referees and the FA did f**k all, we all know if it was Mourinho they would throw the book at him

redman85 wrote: »
    What really annoys me is Martinez coming out and slating referees and the FA did f**k all, we all know if it was Mourinho they would throw the book at him

Of course, clear as day but the FA dont do consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Two questions

1 - was he charged for the bite or not? If not, then see question 2. If so, consistency would be a similar ban to the Suarez one for biting Ivanovic?

2 - I thought the FA rule was that, if the ref delt with it on the pitch (whcih he obviously did) they can take no action?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Two questions

1 - was he charged for the bite or not? If not, then see question 2. If so, consistency would be a similar ban to the Suarez one for biting Ivanovic?

2 - I thought the FA rule was that, if the ref delt with it on the pitch (whcih he obviously did) they can take no action?

I think he was charged for giving the Everton fans the finger when leaving the pitch.

I think and I could be wrong but the charge relates to the incident with Barry, which led to his sending off.

Theres no evidence of a bite and Barry said there was none so thats out of the question, he was however aggressive with Barry by putting the head in on him.

It could however relate to the him appearing to give the Everton fans the finger leaving the pitch.

Either way he'll be banned on top of the 2 games hes already got, I reckon another game added on, worse case scenario 2 games will be added on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Two questions

Doubt there will be anything like the punishment Suarez got since both players deny a bite.

We've seen the FA make exceptions to that rule - like when Ben Thatcher got suspended after the ref had given him a yellow on the day for the Mendes elbow.

Otherwise, as said above, it's for a separate incident.

FA doing all they can to make sure Costa leaves in the summer.

Hes one of them dirty foreigners we're always hearing about.

Not like those whiter than white, true grit, lion hearted, tough Englishmen.

Well there is no surprise in this, if this were any other player or club nothing more would be said. Apparently Conte is in the Jose mold a little abrasive certainly hope so I really hope we keep getting under the FA's skin. Jose has a pop at an inept ref at West Ham stadium ban Martinez lets loose at Stamford Bridge not a word.Charlie Adams and Naismith both commit filthy tackles really filthy tackles on Willian and Ivan ignored by ref and FA had Costa done either at least 3 games retrospectily for each.
    Joke organisation

• Advertisement

Yea that crossed my mind as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Breaking on BBC, Conte to leave Italy after the Euros.

Halfway there...

Breaking on BBC, Conte to leave Italy after the Euros.

Halfway there...

Considering his contract is up after the Euros, its wise too assume he'll be leaving for someone new anyway. :o

Come on now Chelsea, announce something, cheers us up a bit.

Rags running a Hazard for James Rodriguez swap deal. :pac:

Even though swaps incolcing players of that magnitude are as rare as hens teeth, it still doesnt stop people from suggesting they'll happen.

James is ****.

No thanks.

• Advertisement

James is ****.

No thanks.

He is as overhyped as Stones as you say no thanks

Hes not that bad but I dont think he'd adapt to well to the EPL.

I'd prefer the cash being honest.

He scored a peach of a goal in the world cup finals ......................
    And thats it really.

If Hazard is to go then hard cash or maybe Isco, Varane and Kroos would be acceptable

He scored a peach of a goal in the world cup finals ......................
    And thats it really.

If Hazard is to go then hard cash or maybe Isco, Varane and Kroos would be acceptable

He is a better #10 than anything we've currently got though. :o

Maybe we can ask them to take Oscar off our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hes one of them dirty foreigners we're always hearing about.

Not like those whiter than white, true grit, lion hearted, tough Englishmen.

Like Ben Thatcher, they are just competitive get with it, foreigners are sneaky

Italian FA board meeting today, apparently.

Could be some info in the coming hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Didn't go well for us the last time we hired a country manager after/during the Euros ... :( ... so lets wrap this one up before the Euros !! :D

Italian FA president confirms he's leaving after the Euro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

astonaidan wrote: »
    Like Ben Thatcher, they are just competitive get with it, foreigners are sneaky

Like Adam Johnson

Italian FA president confirms he's leaving after the Euro's.

Now to spam the F5 button ChelseaFC.Com :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement