Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    jose "You are not going to get any funny headlines out of me. I treat you - same way your bosses treat me: no respect. No respect"

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    LOL

i'd say there was a few moves towards the back of the room after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Press conference was funny when they had to go all legal about the two teenagers filming him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm not bothered who starts as long as we win this weekend.

West Ham are pretty physical side and Matic will be well able to handle them.

I'm going to predict the line up is

Begovic
    Zouma Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Ramires
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Yeah I think that's gonna be our line up. Probably our most balanced side. I'd love if RLC replaced Ramires though, but Ram has been solid enough last few games.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yeah I think that's gonna be our line up. Probably our most balanced side. I'd love if RLC replaced Ramires though, but Ram has been solid enough last few games.

RLC is a more attacking and better on the ball but Ramires has played well in the last few games, ever since his goal against Newcastle hes played well IMO.

Id actually prefer and it might be madness, is to put Ramires RW and Cesc CM and Willian #10. The RW with zouma and ramires would be very secure and willian driving at them from the centre would be dangerous. I hate Ramores on the RW but it could work

I'd be curious to see how Willian does at #10. He has never really performed there for us but he has looked a different player the last few games, much more willing to take people on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I'm not bothered who starts as long as we win this weekend.

West Ham are pretty physical side and Matic will be well able to handle them.

I'm going to predict the line up is

Begovic
    Zouma Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Ramires
    Willian Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Yea think that nearly nailed on, Baba and RLC have little chance (though will play against Stoke I suppose) Oscar might replace Hazard but he has been poor of late as well last good game he had was Arsenal at home.

AS I said, I'm not entirely pushed with who starts as Ivan is out, so as long as we pick up 3 points, even if the game is horrible is all that counts for us as he we try to get back some confidence.

We've a tricky run of games coming up and I was hoping we'd have a another win or two under our belts in the league at this time but we've not reallt deserved them in truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2015-2016/jose-mourinho-begged-chelsea-not-to-sell-de-bruyne_sto4961797/story.shtml

Wonder how true this is. Surely if Jose wanted KDB he could have played him. He played the first game of the season, and done okay, got as assist iirc. Only played a handful more times though, Oscar was doing okay but wasn't setting the world alight at that time

I dont think the board went over his head. If thats the case he wouldnt have came back from his loan at all and would have been sold or loaned again.

Jose said why he sold him and i reckon its true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,780 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I dont think the board went over his head. If thats the case he wouldnt have came back from his loan at all and would have been sold or loaned again.

Jose said why he sold him and i reckon its true.

Maybe the board wanted to cash in on him while he had some value. Jose portrays this "I am the boss" persona at times, him not getting his supposed way with KDB wouldn't make him look good

Doesn't make any odds really, he's a City player now and that's all that really matters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Is bamfords loan for the season? We need to bring this lad back and even a run in the fa and league cups would be excellent for his development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is bamfords loan for the season? We need to bring this lad back and even a run in the fa and league cups would be excellent for his development

Falcao gone in january, bamford to take the third/cup striker spot for the rest of the season

team today: Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa.

subs Amelia, Baba Rahman, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Oscar, Traore, Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    team today: Begovic; Zouma, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Expected team, really hope we turn up today. West Ham are no great threat defensively but they've got enough going on up front to cause trouble. Costa to score today i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Oh dear.

Oh dear indeed.

Standard Ramires half defending.

• Advertisement

Will Hazard ever try and take someone on again?

Almost 2-0.

Chelsea disallowed goal should have stood. Not offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

This is depressing to watch, for the 1st time in along time I feel like just turning it off T-T

Now Matic is sent off. Mourinho living on borrowed time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Getting worse and worse for Chelsea. Matic off for 2 yellows. Sick of seeing all the players around the ref. absolutely pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Chelsea disallowed goal should have stood. Not offside.

He was offside

You guys are in free fall. Surely Jose is on the brink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Whats after happening? Just following the game on live score, why was matic sent off and Terry and Fabregas booked?

**** again, might as well go 3 at the back for the second half, Azpilicueta off for Oscar.

The goal wasn't offside. He was in line and the benefit has to go to the attacking team. We get a player sent off straight after. Probably what criticising refs every week gets you.

• Advertisement

Bret Hart wrote: »
    You guys are in free fall. Surely Jose is on the brink?

He must have been on the brink for the last few weeks, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank if they sack him anyway. Another manager set up for life (if he wasn't already) by getting sacked by Chelsea, the Di Matteo effect.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Whats after happening? Just following the game on live score, why was matic sent off and Terry and Fabregas booked?

Matic off for second yellow, probably right. Terry booked for talking which is nonsense, he's the captain. Fab same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The goal wasn't offside. He was in line and the benefit has to go to the attacking team. We get a player sent off straight after. Probably what criticising refs every week gets you.

Probably true regarding the refs, benefit of doubt quickly disappears

He wasnt inline, he was ahead.

A member of the backroom staff off as well. I think the goalkeeping coach.

He must have been on the brink for the last few weeks, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank if they sack him anyway. Another manager set up for life (if he wasn't already) by getting sacked by Chelsea, the Di Matteo effect.

He won't. If he gets sacked he gets his wages as normal until he takes another job. Same as Di Matteo, although Di Matteo waited. So much nonsense about 30 mil pay offs, no clubs are that naive when handing out big contracts anymore.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    He wasnt inline, he was ahead.

He was in line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

He was in line.

Not according to the bbc
    Cesc Fabregas has the ball in the net but it's ruled out for offside. Willian broke for Chelsea but played his ball to the midfielder just too late - he's run offside. Good decision by the officials with no need for technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Jose's gonna love this one. Player sent off immediately after having a debatable goal ruled out.

There were a lot of cries for hand ball in the box a few mins before. What happened there? I didn't see a replay.

In any case, you can't be depending on every decision to go your way, and bitching about refs every week is never gonna help your case.

Essien wrote: »
    Jose's gonna love this one. Player sent off immediately after having a debatable goal ruled out.

There were a lot of cries for hand ball in the box a few mins before. What happened there? I didn't see a replay.

In any case, you can't be depending on every decision to go your way, and bitching about refs every week is never gonna help your case.

Its only debatable if you dont see he is offside, he was. Not a goal

• Advertisement

Mikel on for Fabregas... Not the worst tbh, fab was pretty poor again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

special one in the stands too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Red for Mou?

Might be some City jerseys going cheap tomorrow anyways lads, keep an eye on Bargain Alerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Watching Live here on NBC..... Chelsea on a self-destruct mission so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is Mourinho engineering a weird sort of "death by cop" exit from the club?

Is Mourinho engineering a weird sort of "death by cop" exit from the club?
    :pac:
    You could be right there!!!

Nominating for best analogy of the season so far too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Chelsea at the moment more interested in moaning & crying about decisions going against them. Need to pull their socks up & get stuck in.

Doesn't help when your manager can't take it when the chips are down. His interview should be interesting.

1-1

How many backroom staff did Chelsea get sent off? 2 others up there.

• Advertisement

Good goal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement