Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

At least Leicester won anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not sure anyone has said this but I cant wait for this season to end ;););)

But the team selection is baffling why was Cahill Obi Remy and Oscar on at the start.

Cahill is dreadful God help England in France,
    Remy ..............
    Obi not good enough will be gone in the summer
    Oscar is going backwards so fast would be a world class rower.

Next game really must have Baba, Kenedy, RLC and Traore starting, there is even a case for Pato - we will be away to Villa even the U-19's would beat them (and sorry Villa fans that is not having a pop at you guys you just have fallen apart really)

Not sure anyone has said this but I cant wait for this season to end ;););)

But the team selection is baffling why was Cahill Obi Remy and Oscar on at the start.

Cahill is dreadful God help England in France,
    Remy ..............
    Obi not good enough will be gone in the summer
    Oscar is going backwards so fast would be a world class rower.

Next game really must have Baba, Kenedy, RLC and Traore starting, there is even a case for Pato - we will be away to Villa even the U-19's would beat them (and sorry Villa fans that is not having a pop at you guys you just have fallen apart really)

whats more baffling is his love of Mikel, theres a reason he hates Jose, coz Jose never played him, hes useless.

As for Ivan Cahill Remy Oscar and Pedro, theyre absolute muck.

We were haunted with the penalty call but we deserved at least a point from the game, 57% of the ball but more telling, 15 shots off target of which 6 of them were good chances.

I mean come on ta f**k, we've a 20m LB on the bench and a cone at RB who was caught out badly today and both of the goals again, came from the dreaded Ivan/Cahill Right side of the defence.

I'd throw Ivan at CB and Azp at Rb, Rahman at LB and also stop Guus from making HT subs, they dont work, Pedro was probably a solid 5/10 today, done nothing of note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well that was fun...

Silver lining: that was the first time since the youth team RLC managed a sustained jog /sprint...

Again though 2 common themes, **** selection and subs from Guus and terrible defending all round. Tbo really doing his best to let Begovic get another shot too, he's really not doing enough at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »
    At least Leicester won anyway. :o

Strangely enough I was more concerned with that result than ours as the game wore on, can't wait for this season to end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Drawing our way to the end of the season ... can't wait ..

Drawing our way to the end of the season ... can't wait ..

Its what Guus does best, 6 home draws and 1 win.

The dogs on the street could tell top 4 was out of the question, so, if Guus was hired and kept spouting that for the first few weeks, his tenure can only be described as disaster.

If he came out and said he was there to basically babysit and take no risks, he would have gotten a free pass from day one but if the board was expecting to shoot up the table because they sacked one of the best managers around to replace him with Guus then theyve to look inward at the players whove clearly under performed, hell, even willian has gone backwards since carrying the side in the early days of this season.

So the summer has to see a clear out of at least half a dozen players and thats before ya get to the guys who might want to leave for bigger things.

Certainly going to be the weirdest summer under Roman, if he spends big and on experienced stars we might do well enough under Conte. If we keep the core of the squad and fill them in with a few 10-15million pound players we're f**ked.

Also, can Guus pick a team to suit the situation, give the players who'll be here long term a chance

Rahman, traore rlc kenedy should start every game from now on.

Also, play Pato ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know Guus hasn't been perfect or close to it but he gets a bad rap. He's clearly not a long term solution but we couldn't continue the way we were. Jose was never and will never be a long term coach. He's a master tactician but the way he drags the clubs name through the dirt isn't worth it. Madrid for whatever ruined him. I'd take the first era Jose back in a heart beat but something went seriously wrong in his head along the way.

Table since Guus took over:

bqNP7g2.png

Lukker- wrote: »
    I know Guus hasn't been perfect or close to it but he gets a bad rap. He's clearly not a long term solution but we couldn't continue the way we were. Jose was never and will never be a long term coach. He's a master tactician but the way he drags the clubs name through the dirt isn't worth it. Madrid for whatever ruined him. I'd take the first era Jose back in a heart beat but something went seriously wrong in his head along the way.

Table since Guus took over:

Undefeated, but 8 teams are more have more victories than us and we've drawn more games than anyone by a mile, 6 of those 8 have come at home.

I'd have honestly stuck with Steve Holland until the summer in hindsight than bringing in Guus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Title defence is officially over (I know, I know, it was over ages ago). 25 points behind Leicester with 24 left for us.

So depressing that our title defence has been so inept that it's over by Easter and we're 25 points behind a team that were rock bottom at this stage last year when we were strolling to victory. :(

Also, this season and 2013/14 were two of the most winnable Premier League's ever from our point of view. Two wasted opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Title defence is officially over (I know, I know, it was over ages ago). 25 points behind Leicester with 24 left for us.

So depressing that our title defence has been so inept that it's over by Easter and we're 25 points behind a team that were rock bottom at this stage last year when we were strolling to victory. :(

Also, this season and 2013/14 were two of the most winnable Premier League's ever from our point of view. Two wasted opportunities.

but hopefully the trophy will be lifted at the bridge again this year

peteeeed wrote: »
    but hopefully the trophy will be lifted as the bridge again this year

Hopefully they win it with a game to spare and lift it at their own stadium the week before they play us. :o

Hopefully they win it with a game to spare and lift it at their own stadium the week before they play us. :o

Yes and then we give them a guard of honour - which I don't think any chelsea fan or player would mind.

Can you imagine the reception Ranieri will get ?

It will be amazing - the whole stadium will be cheering for Leicester.

I'm getting ahead of myself.

But would be nice if they have it won by then, we give them the guard of honour - and then beat them 4-0 and say : thats a marker for next season boys!! :D

Enjoy !!

Yes and then we give them a guard of honour - which I don't think any chelsea fan or player would mind.

Can you imagine the reception Ranieri will get ?

It will be amazing - the whole stadium will be cheering for Leicester.

I'm getting ahead of myself.

But would be nice if they have it won by then, we give them the guard of honour - and then beat them 4-0 and say : thats a marker for next season boys!! :D

Enjoy !!

Think Leicesters biggest obstacle now is themselves but theyve shown for the last 30 odd games theyre made of stern stuff, I think they'll win it now from here.

Spurs to be 2nd, which gives them a fantastic base for next year.

Which makes getting into the top 4 very interesting next year, considering you'll have City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool, Utd, Leicester, Spurs and WEst Ham all looking for those 4 spots.

Its a very real possibility City could miss top 4, I'd love it - a nice gift for Guardiola :D

Its a very real possibility City could miss top 4, I'd love it - a nice gift for Guardiola :D

He might have to make do with Europa League and 200m to spend.

Poor bas*ard. :o

I dont think City, if they finish outside of the UCL places, will take the Europa League seriously either, Guardiola will probably played the U21s or whatever theyre called, the "elite development squad" is it?

abraham to birmingham on loan is doing the rounds

abraham to birmingham on loan is doing the rounds

If he got a few minutes until the end of the year it would be good for the lad.

Is it bad form if I hope most of those who started against WEst Ham come back injured from international week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not a all. Play all the youth!

Panthro wrote: »
    Not a all. Play all the youth!

That would be my preference, Villa are pretty much a lost cause at this stage and once we field XI players we should beat them.

Theyre 12 points from safety with 21 left to play for, theyed need to win every game and hope for a miracle.

Team I'd like to see would be

Begovic
    Azp Ivan JT Rahman
    RLC Cesc
    Kenedy Willian Pato
    Traore

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/711981918846263298?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Must be true if Di Marzio is saying it. Come on ta f**k and announce it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Am I the only one not sold on Conte? Very disappointing record in Europe, although we won't be in the Champions League. :pac:

Johner wrote: »
    Am I the only one not sold on Conte? Very disappointing record in Europe, although we won't be in the Champions League. :pac:

I think we need more domestic dominance anyway and I assumed Jose was the one too bring it too us not once but twice but that ship has sailed and will never return.

Conte is a gamble but at this stage, every manager is a gamble for us, he could be out on his arse in November/December if we're down around 10th again but I think he'll be a success, not in his first season, bar maybe a cup run but in the short term, 3-5 years, I think he'll do well.

I'm looking forward to see what we can do with at the minimum, 40 games in a season, we usually end up playing 55/60 games and you only have to look at Pool and Leicester this year as teams that had a clear run at the title, although f**k knows what went wrong with Van Gaal when he had a free shot at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm looking forward to see what we can do with at the minimum, 40 games in a season, we usually end up playing 55/60 games and you only have to look at Pool and Leicester this year as teams that had a clear run at the title, although f**k knows what went wrong with Van Gaal when he had a free shot at it.

That's a good point about less games, domestically he had a fine record and an unbeaten season iirc so the league should be a solid starting point.

Big summer ahead in terms of transfers. We really need an experienced centre half to play along side Zouma, I'm sure defence will come first for Conte and we need to get that sorted. There is a real shortage of top class centre half's though. Cahill will surely be shown the door and Ivanovic isn't a solution.

Johner wrote: »
    That's a good point about less games, domestically he had a fine record and an unbeaten season iirc so the league should be a solid starting point.

Big summer ahead in terms of transfers. We really need an experienced centre half to play along side Zouma, I'm sure defence will come first for Conte and we need to get that sorted. There is a real shortage of top class centre half's though. Cahill will surely be shown the door and Ivanovic isn't a solution.

If JT doesnt get a deal and we keep cahill and weve given ivan a new deal, its utter madness.

We do need a CB even if we bring back christensen.

It must be making good money for the club but its another pre-season getting involved in absolutely pointless friendlies. We had one sandwiched between the Charity Shield and the opening game last year at home to Fiorentina and it made no sense at all.

• Advertisement

So we're taking on Liverpool, Real Madrid and AC Milan in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Sorry guys, does anyone know what happened to the Costa suspension? For how long is he out?

Boskowski wrote: »
    Sorry guys, does anyone know what happened to the Costa suspension? For how long is he out?

I didnt hear anything, I'm assuming it will go to a 3 game ban though, hes got 2 already for the 2nd yellow being a red and also his 10th of the year.

Probably get an extra 1 game for his reaction meaning hes got 1 game to serve unless they tack on more, which I feel they will.

great interview with paul cannoville

http://www.picklesmagazine.co.uk/paul-canoville.html

great interview with paul cannoville

http://www.picklesmagazine.co.uk/paul-canoville.html

Long but good read.

Tbo, also speaking out about the season and it all harps back to a point in which we all felt was stupid at the time, a very short pre-season mixed with stupid touring duties, something that sgoing to be repeated this year.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10215424/thibaut-courtois-says-chelsea-were-right-to-sack-jose-mourinho
    It is hard to explain why our season has been bad. Maybe it is as a result of our pre-season preparations, which were very brief.
    "We returned to training on July 16 and six days later we were already playing a match against New York Red Bulls. We weren't in a good physical shape."
    We drew too many matches and we have also conceded goals too easily. I could have done better with some of them."

• Advertisement

Last pre season was nuts I wonder when we are back this time round - has anyone learnt anything?

Last pre season was nuts I wonder when we are back this time round - has anyone learnt anything?

I'm hoping not only for Irish hopes but Chelsea too, that Italy crash out in the group stages and Conte can get to work ASAP.

We're off to America in July and we've the Euros and Copa America for some players so our touring party could be made of youth and fringe players so they'll get a chance to impress Conte before the main guys come back.

Last year we were too lat ecoming back and the lazy attitude carried through the squad all summer, remember we didnt win a game on pre season in 90mins.

I'd say the players not going to International tournaments will get 4 or 5 weeks off after the last game and come back to Cobham in late June before going to America for more pre-season work and a few games.

When do the Olympics start might be a few players at that as well.

Why were they back so late last year I cant actually remember they was no major championship European players at least would have been involved in?

When do the Olympics start might be a few players at that as well.

Why were they back so late last year I cant actually remember they was no major championship European players at least would have been involved in?

Ah s**t, the Olympics :o

We were late coming back last year because Jose gave the squad extra time off, didnt help that some of the players came back clearly out of shape and over weight too.

Reading this, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3505097/Chelsea-squad-pay-heed-think-Jose-Mourinho-intense-wait-Antonio-Conte-takes-over.html

If anyone does it this summer they'll be out on their arse faster than they can say cream doughnut.

afternoon fun

Chelsea target Axel Witsel says he wants to leave Zenit St Petersburg this summer to “play in a bigger league”. (Daily Star)

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, 28, will consider a move to the Chinese Super League in the summer. (London Evening Standard)

Chelsea have prioritised the signing of Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels this summer. (SportBild)

Nathan Ake wants to return to Chelsea at the end of his loan spell with Watford. (Daily Express)

Manchester United and Chelsea are among the clubs eyeing Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin. (Mundo Deportivo)

Real Madrid will turn their attentions to Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois if they fail to land David De Gea this summer.

• Advertisement

afternoon fun

Chelsea target Axel Witsel says he wants to leave Zenit St Petersburg this summer to “play in a bigger league”. (Daily Star)

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, 28, will consider a move to the Chinese Super League in the summer. (London Evening Standard)

Chelsea have prioritised the signing of Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels this summer. (SportBild)

Nathan Ake wants to return to Chelsea at the end of his loan spell with Watford. (Daily Express)

Manchester United and Chelsea are among the clubs eyeing Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin. (Mundo Deportivo)

Real Madrid will turn their attentions to Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois if they fail to land David De Gea this summer.

Price of ST£73m on TBo's head apparently, thats a lot of Rioja

Thats what, about €100m?

Id cash in no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That is silly silly money. I've no doubt he'll go on to be good but if that gets offered on the back of a poor-ish season we should bite their hand off. Begovic, whilst having already hit his ceiling, is more than reliable enough to do the business and give the scouts 5+ years to find the next world class option.

the man utd fella? :)

hots wrote: »
    That is silly silly money. I've no doubt he'll go on to be good but if that gets offered on the back of a poor-ish season we should bite their hand off. Begovic, whilst having already hit his ceiling, is more than reliable enough to do the business and give the scouts 5+ years to find the next world class option.

If we sell Tbo and Hazard for about 130-150m this summer there really is only winner and its Chelsea. :o

That ebing said, I'd prefer to keep both as theyre is so much room for improvement next season, if they dont have the head for it, f**k um and sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Go nicely towards the new stadium?!

Panthro wrote: »
    Go nicely towards the new stadium?!

You misspelled Pogba :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We should be doing our very best to hold onto Tbo, imo. He's still only 23, there's a lot of life left in them legs.

As for Hazard, any decent offer of £50m or upwards and let him go. He hasn't put in enough effort this year and, thinking back to how he behaved just before he signed for us, I reckon when the going gets tough, he turns into a bit of a baby.

diego keeping busy during the ban

CeUR4X7WEAAEcem.jpg

Gary Staker, player liason officer and that grey haired guy always standing by the tunnel, is at the Italy game, checking in on Conte I'd bet. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement