Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Gary Staker, player liason officer and that grey haired guy always standing by the tunnel, is at the Italy game, checking in on Conte I'd bet. ;)

He used to translate for Claudio Ranieri when he was managing us.

Allegedly some of his translations were wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

peteeeed wrote: »

Unless the club puts the blame at Jose and Jose only for Lukaku going, I can't see why he'd want to return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I really think Chelsea could be in real bother going forward as been an established "title contender" club, what say you. Next season is massive, West Ham have huge chance in the next few years of becoming something big. (new stadium with little debt, prime for huge investment)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I really think Chelsea could be in real bother going forward as been an established "title contender" club, what say you. Next season is massive, West Ham have huge chance in the next few years of becoming something big. (new stadium with little debt, prime for huge investment)

You may have point. Chelsea have badly managed the transition out of the Ranieri/Mou 1 era. The Torres mis-investment took momentum out of squad development. The regular management changes have interfered with direction. But even with that, our post-Mou 1 trophy haul would be the envy of any club other than MU (City just might trade an EPL for a UCL :pac: ).

To get a show back on the road, Chelsea need to get the stadium revamp under way, and get at least one premiership under (someone like) Conte, and of course back into a regular UCL presence.

On WH, possibly. But the competition in the EPL is immense. Ironically, this may be undermining UCL performances. A reduction in EPL numbers down to 18 would help, but mainly the traditional EPL elite. There may be regular 'mid-table' incursions into the EPL places, but the competition is going to be immense, and regular EPL football will be hard for anyone other than the really big clubs to sustain. From the CFC POV, indeed the question is can Chelsea continue to be such a club.

Unless the club puts the blame at Jose and Jose only for Lukaku going, I can't see why he'd want to return

I'd say Lukaku has bad memories of Chelsea and won't go back. He knows the sink or swim pressure there, and he's already walked away from it. He certainly won't be getting any support for a return from the Belgian dressing room.

McDave wrote: »
    I'd say Lukaku has bad memories of Chelsea and won't go back. He knows the sink or swim pressure there, and he's already walked away from it. He certainly won't be getting any support for a return from the Belgian dressing room.

He'd also only come if he's 1st choice striker and I can't see that happening with Costa being there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

duploelabs wrote: »
    He'd also only come if he's 1st choice striker and I can't see that happening with Costa being there
    But, will Costa be there? There are red top stories floating about that he wants out also, afaik.
    I personally hope he stays. He upsets too many defenses.
    Lukaku has the potential to be every bit as good as Drogba, possibly better according to some but I can't see it. I also can't see him returning to us after leaving on what I thought was a sour note.
    Maybe it was just jóse who knows, but from what I remember he left and had nothing good to say about Chelsea....
    I suppose, if the check is big enough....

Edit: http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/10/diego-costa-would-love-to-leave-chelsea-and-re-join-atletico-madrid-claims-guillem-balague-5612178/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukaku is a non-story. He wont be back anytime soon, and the way the other Belgians have acted like spoilt brats its good riddance in my book. De bruyne said he couldnt cut it, Lukaku wanted out with about 48hrs left in a transfer window, Courtois is acting like a little child and Hazard has been useless this year.

Being honest, gutting them from the club could get us an awful lot of money and in recent times, the other 2 Belgians attitude has stunk to the high heavens so I'd sell both if we get stupid money.

Next up, Aston Villa away, now, given a lot of our squad was on intenational duty and some of the younger guys and bench warmers have stayed at Cobham, barring holidays in sime U21 games, they should surely get a run out against Villa.

I'd be making changes for it anyway

Begovic
    Azp Mizaga JT Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Kenedy Willian Pato
    Traore

Courtois
    Cahill Ivan
    Cesc
    Pedro Oscar
    Remy

Mikel will leave if he doesnt get 1st team football next year, better start packing Mikel. Its a nice run youve had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Mikel will leave if he doesnt get 1st team football next year, better start packing Mikel. Its a nice run youve had.

I think you've said something like this every year for a long time :P

I think you've said something like this every year for a long time :P

I only need to be right once and I'm happy. :o

As cadaliac asks, will Costa be here next season?

1st Q: will Chelsea's new manager want him, esp. considering how frequently Costa is out for discipline and injury?

2nd Q: if so, can he convince him to stay, esp. seeing as Costa seems to want out of England?

If Chelsea are going to be successful again, I don't see Costa as a part of the solution.

Regardless of all that, AFA Lukaku is concerned, I think we've had our fill of Belgian divas (it's reminiscent of a similar situation years ago with Ajax academy players like Kluivert). I don't think we'll see him in a Chelsea shirt again.

• Advertisement

Lukaku is a non-story. He wont be back anytime soon, and the way the other Belgians have acted like spoilt brats its good riddance in my book. De bruyne said he couldnt cut it, Lukaku wanted out with about 48hrs left in a transfer window, Courtois is acting like a little child and Hazard has been useless this year.

Being honest, gutting them from the club could get us an awful lot of money and in recent times, the other 2 Belgians attitude has stunk to the high heavens so I'd sell both if we get stupid money.

Courtois's behaviour is the most despicable of all considering the lengths the club went to to keep him on board.

Let's remind ourselves again. We let Cech go to satisfy Courtois's ego concerning first team football now. We basically humiliated Petr, whose decency and loyalty was never in question.

In fact, I'd sooner see Cech back than Courtois.

Courtois's behaviour is the most despicable of all considering the lengths the club went to to keep him on board.

Let's remind ourselves again. We let Cech go to satisfy Courtois's ego concerning first team football now. We basically humiliated Petr, whose decency and loyalty was never in question.

In fact, I'd sooner see Cech back than Courtois.

Courtois was first choice though, it was Cech who wanted out and it seemed to go above Joses head as to where he was being sold too. However, his little outbursts wont go unheard and I'd imagine someone pullig him to one side when they all return to Cobham for training.

I wonder with Villa sacking Garde and us going there on Saturday, will they take points off? Villa park is usually a tough place for us to go and we've had mixed fortunes up there in recent times but surely nothing more than a 2 or 3 goal stuffing of Villa is on the cards?

its afternoon gossip time

– Diego Simeone is willing to allow Chelsea and Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann leave Atletico Madrid if he can sign a world-class replacement (Fichajes)

– Radja Nainggolan is considering interest from the Blues but Juventus could yet move for the Roma midfielder (Evening Standard)

– Gianluigi Donnarumma’s agent says Chelsea would need to bid £30million to land the 17-year-old AC Milan goalkeeper (Gazzetta dello Sport)

– Jose Mourinho will give Manchester United the edge over Chelsea and West Ham in the race to sign PSG star Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Daily Mirror)

– Antonio Conte will offer Nathan Ake to Borussia Monchengladbach to try persuade the Bundesliga outfit to allow Andreas Christensen to cut short his two-year loan stay (Bild)

– Italy manager Conte, who is expected to replace Guus Hiddink in the summer, has told the club not to sell striker Diego Costa (Marca)

– John Obi Mikel admits he is considering quitting Chelsea unless he is guaranteed first-team football (Daily Mirror)

The funny thing about Christensen is, that it shows the club has no forward planning at all.

Why send your most promising CB out on a 2 year loan and then not give your captain a year extension, leaving you without the captain and the promising CB?

Its tragically funny.

• Advertisement

Because Gary Cahill solves everything

Because Gary Cahill solves everything

Well after seeing Stones struggle at various times this season, hes not ready either and I'd prefer to have Christensen and Zouma as long term CBs than handing Everton and Martinez insane money for another hyped up English international.

I'm not saying Stones wont be very good but right now, hes not anywhere near good enough but funnily enough I'd have him over Cahill and Ivan any day of the week.

Well after seeing Stones struggle at various times this season, hes not ready either and I'd prefer to have Christensen and Zouma as long term CBs than handing Everton and Martinez insane money for another hyped up English international.

I'm not saying Stones wont be very good but right now, hes not anywhere near good enough but funnily enough I'd have him over Cahill and Ivan any day of the week.

I think we all wanted Stones at the time, but since Christensen has done really well for Gladbach this season he's seems like a top prospect.

Stones does now seem to be that typical over-rated English youngster, for now at least.

I don't see any sense in spending 40m on him, a proper DM to finally get rid of Mikel would be higher on my priorities

I think we all wanted Stones at the time, but since Christensen has done really well for Gladbach this season he's seems like a top prospect.

Stones does now seem to be that typical over-rated English youngster, for now at least.

I don't see any sense in spending 40m on him, a proper DM to finally get rid of Mikel would be higher on my priorities

Thats it, for now he looks all hype, had he joined us and we had the same results and sat 10th with a £40m CB, the press would have went to town even further on our spending and our decision to bring in Stones.

It depends on what Conte wants to do, being honest I'd love an all action CM, like Ramires but a better player. RLC could do that job but he looks like a right lazy sod when hes been given games so he might become a white elephant of the youth setup in the next 2 years if he cant grasp opportunities.

Thats it, for now he looks all hype, had he joined us and we had the same results and sat 10th with a £40m CB, the press would have went to town even further on our spending and our decision to bring in Stones.

It depends on what Conte wants to do, being honest I'd love an all action CM, like Ramires but a better player. RLC could do that job but he looks like a right lazy sod when hes been given games so he might become a white elephant of the youth setup in the next 2 years if he cant grasp opportunities.

Be crazy if he could bring Verratti with him, he'll have a few weeks with him in the summer to turn his head

Someone like Nainggolan from Roma seems more likely, or someone else from either Italy and/or Serie A, since Conte will know those 2 well

Be crazy if he could bring Verratti with him, he'll have a few weeks with him in the summer to turn his head

Someone like Nainggolan from Roma seems more likely, or someone else from either Italy and/or Serie A, since Conte will know those 2 well

Think we're trying to get rid of the Belgians so Nainggolan might be a non-runner. :o

Verratti however would be the dream signing, actually, a midfield 3 of Pogba, Verratti, Cesc would be devasting, we dont have the financial power to shift Verratti but we could get Pogba but it would cost double what Verratti would. :o

Actually, what about the forgotten man, Van Ginkel, hes back playing for the Netherlands and is playing for Stoke reguarly enough too.

I'd prefer him to Mikel anyway.

Actually, what about the forgotten man, Van Ginkel, hes back playing for the Netherlands and is playing for Stoke reguarly enough too.

I'd prefer him to Mikel anyway.

he's doing well for PSV on loan , scored a few goals since going there

he's doing well for PSV on loan , scored a few goals since going there

He'll probably be sold for close to what we paid for him, which is a shame as like Romeu, he looked like he'd get into the 1st team before an unfortunate injury takes them out for months.

• Advertisement

That'll change this weekend I'm sure of it.

Courtois was first choice though, it was Cech who wanted out and it seemed to go above Joses head as to where he was being sold too. However, his little outbursts wont go unheard and I'd imagine someone pullig him to one side when they all return to Cobham for training.

Big players have big egos, and Chelsea decided to give way entirely to Courtois to get him back from AM. Jose wanted to hang onto Cech. I think the club should have forced a compromise to keep both at the club. Cech is still at the top. Courtois could still have learned if he'd been happy to rotate.

Maybe Courtois will get a flea in his ear, but this isn't the first time he's floated a move. Just goes to show what he thinks of the club.

Big players have big egos, and Chelsea decided to give way entirely to Courtois to get him back from AM. Jose wanted to hang onto Cech. I think the club should have forced a compromise to keep both at the club. Cech is still at the top. Courtois could still have learned if he'd been happy to rotate.

Maybe Courtois will get a flea in his ear, but this isn't the first time he's floated a move. Just goes to show what he thinks of the club.

Cech only had a year left on his deal and Courtois only had 2 years left on his when he came back, something had to give and we made the right call in keeping Courtois, I feel, as Cech was never going to be content with a place on the bench. Now, we all, including Jose, wanted Cech to go elsewhere but the EPL but the club rewarded his services by giving him and his family the move he wanted.

Cech was sold, Courtois was given a massive pay rise and a new deal and here we are with Courtois seemingly acting the petulant little brat. Top quality GKs, at the elite level are hard to find and we have 1 and a very capable replacement, so losing him would be a blow but for the money we'd get, I could live with it and bring Begovic in until we identify another GK to replace Courtois, if he wants out that is.

Ian Britton RIP a great servant to the club in a not so great period

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/03/ian-britton-1954-2016.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cech only had a year left on his deal and Courtois only had 2 years left on his when he came back, something had to give and we made the right call in keeping Courtois, I feel, as Cech was never going to be content with a place on the bench. Now, we all, including Jose, wanted Cech to go elsewhere but the EPL but the club rewarded his services by giving him and his family the move he wanted.

Cech was sold, Courtois was given a massive pay rise and a new deal and here we are with Courtois seemingly acting the petulant little brat. Top quality GKs, at the elite level are hard to find and we have 1 and a very capable replacement, so losing him would be a blow but for the money we'd get, I could live with it and bring Begovic in until we identify another GK to replace Courtois, if he wants out that is.

Bingo.
    He's recent comments stink to the high heavens. We've given him everything he's asked for, which included losing a top top keeper to a top 4club, and he's got the audacity to behave the way he has. Id hate to break it to him but yes, the defense have been a let down, but hes far from immune from critisim for some of the goals cpnceeded. And God forbid hes to train alongside some younger lads at Chelsea from time to time. How else are they supposed to learn the trade. He's too far up his own hole for my liking.

Cechs a gentleman by comparison. If daft money offers fly our way I'd sell him on ta fcuk. Begovic is no Cech but he's still quality. If he's happy to keep the head down, bust a gut for the team and God help us, train with the youth, then I'm all for him.

#SmackMyBegovicUp

** checks calendar **

Not sure if hes the greatest troll ever or.......

So Guus also said Hazard isnt ready, Costas suspended, traore, oscar and willian will be checked before the early kick off.

Look, with all due respect to Villa, they're terrible, we should have enough in reserve to beat them with the following team

Begovic
    Azp Ivan JT Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Pedro Cesc Pato
    Remy

** checks calendar **

Not sure if hes the greatest troll ever or.......

Best april fools ever

#wherespato

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So Guus also said Hazard isnt ready, Costas suspended, traore, oscar and willian will be checked before the early kick off.

Look, with all due respect to Villa, they're terrible, we should have enough in reserve to beat them with the following team

Begovic
    Azp Ivan JT Rahman
    Matic RLC
    Pedro Cesc Pato
    Remy

I wish I could argue with you but even with our "strongest" team, we have injuries as well as no semblance of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

At least Costa's ban will force Guus to play some other players.

astonaidan wrote: »
    I wish I could argue with you but even with our "strongest" team, we have injuries as well as no semblance of form

I actually prefer us playing away, Guus only seems to win away but I wouldnt be surprised if we dropped points being honest, given our season, its very possible.

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/716214851849351168

Chelsea subs: Begovic, Jake Clarke-Salter, Matic, Oscar, Traore, Pato, Falcao.

Bet ya Pato doesn't play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/716214851849351168

Chelsea subs: Begovic, Jake Clarke-Salter, Matic, Oscar, Traore, Pato, Falcao.

Jesus, some team :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Nothing left to play for so its good to see a little experimentation, if Pato doesn't get some game time today it'll be pretty clear to me that Guss doesn't rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

really hope Pato finally gets on the pitch. Been dying to see him play since he came to england. Dont care whether hes a disappointment or not i wanna see him :p

I wonder if we're the marketing partner of the new batman film?

Remy looks like he belongs in this villa team, so disinterested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement