Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Pato for remy! Glorious

Rlc goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

hots wrote: »
    Pato for remy! Glorious

I stand corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

This feels like pre-season.

Pato, instant legend!

Patoooooooo

This feels like pre-season.

Pato, instant legend!

Really does, rlc standing out so far imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Two players I really like for ye scored so I'm not even that pissed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RLC has been good in a few passages of play today. Pato just made a good move for the penalty.

RLC has been good in a few passages of play today. Pato just made a good move for the penalty.

Looks like Oscar on for fab, 2 sensible subs in a row?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

HE EXISTS HE SCORES

Looks like Oscar on for fab, 2 sensible subs in a row?!

Nevermind kenedy coming off for some reason? Watch fab get a second yellow now

Very tidy goal there!

LOL, wish we could play these every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

One man army! :pac:

Third goal's turned the second half into a training ground kick-about.

Jesus Christ, I'm actually embarassed.

4-0. Fill your boots.

More! I know villa are terrible but pato looks decent enough, definitely not bad enough to have needed 3 months before his debut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

terrible pass from oscar.

Tbo managing to look poor even with virtually nothing to do :/

Oscars cameo was shocking. Nothing really worked for him. Mizaga looked decent, Rudy Gestde is a big lad and we coped well enough with him. Pato done well. Its clear he needs game time though and id rather him than falcao or remy as his movement and link up was good.

I do feel slrry for villa fans though , some of those players even if theyde limoted didnt do enough justify their huge wages. Hutto was a disgrace and got clapped off but he showed fight so it gets the fans onside. Guzan is a liability the mistake for the 4th goal wouldnt happen to an U12s goalie.

Still all we can do is beat whos put up to us and it was good to see 3 debuts today they couldnt have had an easier tome truth be told.

Oscar coming on was pointless though and hes made a few half time subs like that and I thought kenedy had no issue so taking him was a bad call.

Pato definitely needs games, even in his snippet of an interview on NBCSN he was gassed and said how tired he was! Needs to be picking up 30 mins of every game at a minimum even when Costa is back. No need to see Remy or Falcao even near the bench. Traore may be better off taking some minutes on the wing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd like to see Traore up front and Pato on the wing for the next game. Don't see what Oscar did wrong, he should have left Kenedy on but that's not Oscar's fault. Thought his link up play was good, but I wasn't really paying attention fully. RLC seemed bright enough but I think he probably plays tougher games for the u21's. First clean sheet in 10. Miazaga didn't have much to do but never really got caught out. Remy needs to go at the end of the season. It's clear he needs to be playing consistently to maintain fitness and form. It's a shame it never worked out because he showed good glimpses while he was here but seems to be stuck in a rut this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I thought Kenedy didn't have a great first half, gave the ball away too many times.
    Oscar was involved in Pedro's first goal, but to be honest that doesn't cover up the fact he's been dreadful this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

RLC had a good first half, but still lacks stamina

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So what of today
    TBo rather than mouthing off during international better get back to being a goalkeeper again. He is a liability at the minute just lucky Villa are so poor. He was brilliant on crosses last season now he is useless.
    Matt the Yank played well was not up against much but you feel Cahill would have found them a goal hopefully he will get another run against the Swans next week.
    RLC could be quality but he does look very lazy, needs to up the work rate in a big way.
    Kenedy is very young he will be inconsistent but he needs to work through it, subbing him at half time was daft.
    Pato looked good, wracked by the 70 min mark but played well. Had a lot of nerve to take the peno but kudos took it very well.
    Pedro likes playing in Birmingham it seems.
    Dave s a legend.

Dr boner the Irish doctor giving footballers something to put a pep in their step

Anyone rather keep Pato over Remy and Falcao?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

On yesterday's performance yes! Remy has been beyond useless recently and as for Falcao, well the less said the better.

I feel sorry for falcao as much as you can feel sorry for a multi millionaire , he's never been the same since that serious knee injury

I like Patos attitude, anytime hes been interviewed hes tried to communicate in English, even though hes not great at it and he looks happy to beat a big european club again.

Given a full pre-season under his belt he could be a deadly and cheap option so id love to keep him around anyway showed a bit of passion and fight yesterday too going into challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Lots of tweets going around that Conte will be announced tomorrow. First bit of business is to sort out Terry's contract and then give those Belgian lads a good kick up the arse!!!

Only a penalty vs Villa but I like it

alexandre-pato1.jpg

hopefully he turns out like anelka, a good, solid signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd leave it up to Conte whether we keep Pato. I'd certainly prefer him over Remy and Falcao at this stage and I'd like to see him be played out wide with Traore or Costa up front. Don't think he is strong enough to play up front on his own and I'm not sure if he has the pace.

That 70 minutes should do wonders for his match fitness though.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone rather keep Pato over Remy and Falcao?

Absolutely! You can treadmill the sh/te out of poor fitness but you can't fix lack of effort or all around sh/tness so easily!

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'd leave it up to Conte whether we keep Pato. I'd certainly prefer him over Remy and Falcao at this stage and I'd like to see him be played out wide with Traore or Costa up front. Don't think he is strong enough to play up front on his own and I'm not sure if he has the pace.

That 70 minutes should do wonders for his match fitness though.

I think he'd be exciting in the hole behind Costa... no-one has really lit up that position for us at all yet and it would take most of the physical work out of it for him. Might make up for some of Costa's weaknesses in his build up play if there was someone creative supporting him from behind (Fab isn't that sort of player and is a poor #10 imo, RLC is interesting there but I don't think he's dynamic enough either and Oscar has been poor for the majority of the year).

He really was blowing out his ar$e after about 50 mins of game time which shows how unfit he is but I didn't think his touch/movement looked rusty at all?

I think he'd be exciting in the hole behind Costa... no-one has really lit up that position for us at all yet and it would take most of the physical work out of it for him. Might make up for some of Costa's weaknesses in his build up play if there was someone creative supporting him from behind (Fab isn't that sort of player and is a poor #10 imo, RLC is interesting there but I don't think he's dynamic enough either and Oscar has been poor for the majority of the year).

He really was blowing out his ar$e after about 50 mins of game time which shows how unfit he is but I didn't think his touch/movement looked rusty at all?

Pato has played in a similar role at AC Milan, off Inzaghi or Ibra, depending who was the main number 9 at the time.

As I said, given a full pre-season, I think he could be a great, cheap option for us next season.

Conte will be very aware of Patos good and bad qualities from his time in Italy too and given Remy is made of glass and Falcao is on his way back to Monaco, keeping him around as a cheap option, compared to those two, might be worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As I said, given a full pre-season, I think he could be a great, cheap option for us next season.

I read somewhere his wages are around 40k a week, not bad when when you consider RLC is on 60k :eek:

• Advertisement

redman85 wrote: »
    I read somewhere his wages are around 40k a week, not bad when when you consider RLC is on 60k :eek:

I would say that if he signed a permanent contract that he'd stipulate to be on a significantly higher wage

Remys meant to be on about 70k and we're meant to be paying about 150k of Falcaos wages.

I'd take him on a 3 year deal anyway see how it works out, as I said, I'd reckon he'd be like Anelka and very useful.

I would guess it would be significantly higher as well but even if he gets his salary tripled and he gets back to near what he was at Milan he is a steal. Big if of course but he did seem to show some desire at least on Saturday and it was ballsy to take the penalty as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Papers at weekend reporting Chinese want Costa and also he wants out. Chinese will pay big money so might be tempting if he really is not up for staying.

bullpost wrote: »
    Papers at weekend reporting Chinese want Costa and also he wants out. Chinese will pay big money so might be tempting if he really is not up for staying.

I've seen £90M quoted, thank you please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Twud leave us a little light up top!
    Hon Costa. Stay with us.

Yea reporting some ST£75m or such daft figure, thats a lot of money but who do you get to replace him Ibra for 2 seasons on really silly money per week (reported ST£600k or 20 Pato's). Cavani perhaps but will PSG want to lose both Cavani and Ibra seen as Ibra has one foot out the door already? Get Lukaku back? Is he really that good I am still not sure.
    If we can turn down an obscene amount for Oscar then we may need to turn this down as well or else sell him wait for the Chienese league to implode and try get him back cheap (some form of a buy back clause though at that sort of money doubt there would be a buy back clause allowed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

We need to make sure whoever comes in only keeps players who are 100% committed. Next season will be very tough to even get a top 4 spot. We need to hit the ground running from day 1 . So if Costa or Belgians or whoever not sure they want to be around then we need to get shot of them asap.

bullpost wrote: »

Hmm I'm not sure I'd be up for that whatever the money... Unlike Hazard (other options in the squad already, not easily replaced but there are lots of talented wingers around) and Tbo (Begovic there already, lot's of talented young goalies around lately); strikers aren't easily replaced no matter how much cash is around. Now if he really wants to go I suppose but I'd rather he stayed.

On Pato, I can't imagine he'll be able to demand much in terms of wages, we're giving him an opening back to the big time so maybe a short cheap deal with the promise of big bucks if he does well during that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Villa are the worst team I've ever seen live, we scored some nicely worked goals though. If Remy had stayed on it probably would have been 0-0, he was awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement