Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm really starting to like the sounds of this Conte!

No doubt he'll be in for some English FA fines and or bans at some stage and they'll probably just ban Costa for the hell of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No doubt he'll be in for some English FA fines and or bans at some stage and they'll probably just ban Costa for the hell of it.

50291588.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Torres scores for Atletico. Barca bogeyman? :pac:

Hon the Torres, sent off too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

McDave wrote: »
    Torres scores for Atletico. Barca bogeyman? :pac:

He always has been - had a ridiculous scoring record against them back in his first spell with Atleti too.

If you choose to believe it, Conte has been to Cobham today, after training, before he flies back to Italy.

If you choose to believe it, Conte has been to Cobham today, after training, before he flies back to Italy.

Bit a first fixes for his new pad... !

Bit a first fixes for his new pad... !

Hopefully he told oscar to pack his bags :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Yep he told him he doesn't wanna see him there next August :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

And Mikel Ivan Cahill Pedro Falcao Remy............

Might hold on to Pedro, give the poor aul sauce another crack at it.
    But the rest....so long and errr....thanks for all those memories I guess...

Might hold on to Pedro, give the poor aul sauce another crack at it.
    But the rest....so long and errr....thanks for all those memories I guess...

I'd prefer to see Cuadrado given a chance, or some new winger Conte wants

Just cannot warm to Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Think you are in for another season of torture Gav, he is supposedly a fan of Oscar, tried to sign him multiple times at Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

His English is better than most Dubs ........ ;)

Runs for cover ............

Lukker- wrote: »
    Think you are in for another season of torture Gav, he is supposedly a fan of Oscar, tried to sign him multiple times at Juve.

well bo**ocks to that anyway.

Sack Conte is what I say, never wanted him anyway, bring back Rafa.

Being from Cork I can relate but its probably better than some of the people donw here too.

Being from Cork I can relate but its probably better than some of the people donw here too.

Better than a lot of us Limerick chaps as well.

The salt of the earth Limerick, Cork and Dub accents are shocking though, a right pain in the ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Depends on where in Dublin you're from

duploelabs wrote: »
    Depends on where in Dublin you're from

Ah to us boggers they are all the same ...........

Well maybe can distinguish D4 a bit ........

I really should stop digging at this stage .........

Supposedly he was at Cobham to speak to Hazard and Terry.

Reports that he wants to keep Terry, but only on a one year deal. Terry wants a two year deal.

– PSG want to pip Chelsea and Manchester United to Romelu Lukaku; Laurent Blanc has scouted him personally (Daily Star)

– Ramires has revealed he quit Chelsea because Guus Hiddink did not like him (The Sun)

– Demba Ba has urged his former Chelsea team-mate John Terry to make the move the China. Ba now plays for Shanghai Shenhua and he reckons a move to the Chinese Super League would be a thrilling experience for Terry (The Sun)

– Chelsea striker Diego Costa is unlikely to return to former club Atletico Madrid this summer, according to the the Spanish outfit’s president Enrique Cerezo (Daily Mail)

– New boss Antonio Conte visited the Chelsea training ground on Tuesday and held crunch talks with John Terry, Eden Hazard, Diego Costa and Nemanja Matic (Daily Mail)

– Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is willing to sell Oscar, John Obi Mikel and Willian to raise money to buy Paul Pogba from Juventus (Daily Express)

Supposedly he was at Cobham to speak to Hazard and Terry.

Reports that he wants to keep Terry, but only on a one year deal. Terry wants a two year deal.

Take the 1 year deal ffs, there's nobody over 30 being offered more than a 1 year deal anymore

Never mind the fact he's 35 and has miles on him

peteeeed wrote: »
    – PSG want to pip Chelsea and Manchester United to Romelu Lukaku; Laurent Blanc has scouted him personally (Daily Star)

The only way we're getting Lukaku back is at the expense of Costa, I'd prefer to keep Costa and give Traore, Solanke and Pato there shot as back ups.
    – Ramires has revealed he quit Chelsea because Guus Hiddink did not like him
    (The Sun)

Strange :confused: I'd have preferred to keep Ramires over Mikel any day of the week.
    – Demba Ba has urged his former Chelsea team-mate John Terry to make the move
    the China. Ba now plays for Shanghai Shenhua and he reckons a move to the
    Chinese Super League would be a thrilling experience for Terry (The Sun)
    Cant see JT going to China, hes pretty loaded, if he leaves he'll probably go to America.
    – Chelsea striker Diego Costa is unlikely to return to former club Atletico
    Madrid this summer, according to the the Spanish outfit’s president Enrique
    Cerezo (Daily Mail)
    Good, feck off Atletico :o
    – New boss Antonio Conte visited the Chelsea training ground on Tuesday and held
    crunch talks with John Terry, Eden Hazard, Diego Costa and Nemanja Matic (Daily
    Mail)
    Ya, a few on Twitter said similar, its good that he did drop by, let the players know hes thinking about them and potential changes.
    – Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is willing to sell Oscar, John Obi Mikel and Willian to raise money to buy Paul Pogba from Juventus (Daily Express)

I cant see us selling Willian unless he decides he wants to bring Cudarado back and being honest I'd much rather Willian than Cudarado.

Take the 1 year deal ffs, there's nobody over 30 being offered more than a 1 year deal anymore

Never mind the fact he's 35 and has miles on him

Cahill the jammy git snuck in an exytension before he turned 30 to keep him here until hes 33 I think. :mad:

Cahill the jammy git snuck in an exytension before he turned 30 to keep him here until hes 33 I think. :mad:

What sap signed off on that deal

It wasn't a bad bit of business IMO. We could sell him in the summer or next summer and still get £10m easy for him. There would be plenty of suitors too I reckon.

What sap signed off on that deal

Same ones who decided to give the vice captain an extension but not the captain. :D

Great craic supporting Chelsea sometimes.

• Advertisement

It wasn't a bad bit of business IMO. We could sell him in the summer or next summer and still get £10m easy for him. There would be plenty of suitors too I reckon.

Keep Ivan, JT and bring back Christensen and sign another CB and sell Cahill, job done. :pac:

All this summer though.

We'd be relegation fodder if it wasn't for Will.I.an this season.
    (There's a sentence I never thought I'd write!)
    He needs to be kept on.

We'd be relegation fodder if it wasn't for Will.I.an this season.
    (There's a sentence I never thought I'd write!)
    He needs to be kept on.

He probably will, for about 3 or 4 months he was one of our only stand out performers.

Whats worrying though is with everyone getting closer to the level their capable of, Willian isnt standing out as much, which harps back to many peoples criticism of him, hes just not good enough for the elite level, a very hard working winger but his end product is terrible in terms of goals and assists.

still, I'd have him over Oscar every day of the week on the RW or #10 role.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Are you not from Tipp!?

:pac::p

Ah to us boggers they are all the same ...........

Well maybe can distinguish D4 a bit ........

I really should stop digging at this stage .........

Don't worry, I'll lure you out of that hole with great hunks of meat :pac:

Are you not from Tipp!?

:pac::p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, born within site of Thomond Park I'll let you know I am a blow in and thankful for it :D:D:D:D

born within site of Thomond Park

Speaks volumes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

The only way we're getting Lukaku back is at the expense of Costa, I'd prefer to keep Costa and give Traore, Solanke and Pato there shot as back ups.

Strange :confused: I'd have preferred to keep Ramires over Mikel any day of the week.

Cant see JT going to China, hes pretty loaded, if he leaves he'll probably go to America.

Good, feck off Atletico :o

Ya, a few on Twitter said similar, its good that he did drop by, let the players know hes thinking about them and potential changes.

I cant see us selling Willian unless he decides he wants to bring Cudarado back and being honest I'd much rather Willian than Cudarado.

On Willian, if that's how they're going to help bankroll Pogba there won't be too many complaints, even if Cuadrado is a lower grade option than Willian.

Ramires went for really good money. How much would Mikel have commanded? 10 mill?

Speaks volumes

Meeeeow!!!

That's a dirty dig now say I to duplolabs!

• Advertisement

Meeeeow!!!

That's a dirty dig now say I to duplolabs!

Soz, couldn't resist. A lot of sporting memories against them limerick types

according to various papers this morning we are buying the entire roma team except salah :)

Soz, couldn't resist. A lot of sporting memories against them limerick types

Ah well in egg chasing you will always have Croker in the Heino semi and we will always have Lansdowne (though that is more a Munster Leinster thing). I know nothing at all of GAA so cannot comment.

Meeeow alert ............... Meeeow alert

Limerick is spelt with a capital L :p:p:p:p

Meeeow alert over ...........Meeeow alert over

So according to the press in general there is no recall clause in Christensen's 2 season loan deal with Monchengladbach. That really does show what a mess last summers transfer window was.

We are wafer thin in defenders, Christensen is recognised as one of the best young talents out there and someone signs off in letting him go for two seasons with no claw back. That really is awful business.

Ah well in egg chasing you will always have Croker in the Heino semi and we will always have Lansdowne (though that is more a Munster Leinster thing). I know nothing at all of GAA so cannot comment.

Meeeow alert ............... Meeeow alert

Limerick is spelt with a capital L :p:p:p:p

Meeeow alert over ...........Meeeow alert over

we also have the 14 against 15 celtic league win at lansdowne rd :)

now back to chelsea

So according to the press in general there is no recall clause in Christensen's 2 season loan deal with Monchengladbach. That really does show what a mess last summers transfer window was.

We are wafer thin in defenders, Christensen is recognised as one of the best young talents out there and someone signs off in letting him go for two seasons with no claw back. That really is awful business.

In fairness what's the odds that Christensen would have done so well for them

Kalas went there and hardly got a game

I think the logic behind 2 years was for him to get accustomed to the team and begin to establish himself in the 1st year, and then get proper regular gametime in the 2nd year

• Advertisement

I imagine if we want Christensen back we'll get him back, it might cost us his entire years fee but if Conte really wants him, he'll get him back.

I'd bring him back anyway and sell Cahill, give JT a new deal and sign another CB too. Give us JT, Christensen, Zouma and new CB for the role with Ivan as back up.

In fairness what's the odds that Christensen would have done so well for them

Kalas went there and hardly got a game

I think the logic behind 2 years was for him to get accustomed to the team and begin to establish himself in the 1st year, and then get proper regular gametime in the 2nd year

I agree but why not mitigate against such an eventuality bedding down Happy and Christensen with Matt as back up next season would see us pretty OK for centre backs for some time (of course assuming they all develop well) and we would have JT and Ivan as reasonable back up (I would sell Cahill to anyone in the summer) and for a bit of experience next season.

So Emenalo may still be here next season?

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/04/emenalo-to-keep-chelsea-job.html?

Don't know what to make of him he has brought some good young players that we made some decent money out of (and perhaps should have kept?).

I keep forgetting we've Mizaga. :o

I agree but why not mitigate against such an eventuality bedding down Happy and Christensen with Matt as back up next season would see us pretty OK for centre backs for some time (of course assuming they all develop well) and we would have JT and Ivan as reasonable back up (I would sell Cahill to anyone in the summer) and for a bit of experience next season.

Jose, at the time, might have thought what he had was enough for a few years. It was good enough for a title the year before.

Gladbach mightnt have played him at all if they thought he was gone after a year, much like they did with Kalas and Kalas had 2 years in the Eredivese with Vitesse by then.

You're right though, Christensen/Zouma/Miazga/Terry and then people like Ivan and Clarke-Salter as backup would be a dream

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement