Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So my little cherubs who plays in Welsh Wales on Saturday? The lesser spotted Pato? American Matt?

Swansea whilst not having a great season are quite a few steps above Villa but in the spirit of lets get things going for next season and to put manners on some people

Begovic,
    Dave, JT/Ivan, Matt, Baba II
    Matic, Cesc,
    Willian, Pedro, RLC
    Traore

Bench
    TBo, Clarke-Slater, Kenedy, Obi, Oscar, Pato, Falcao

Just think when last we played the Swans we had such high hopes kicking off as champions, Jose with a new 4 year deal in his back pocket, Eva and Jon on the bench, a Matic and Hazard that could still play football.

My My how times change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So my little cherubs who plays in Welsh Wales on Saturday? The lesser spotted Pato? American Matt?

Swansea whilst not having a great season are quite a few steps above Villa but in the spirit of lets get things going for next season and to put manners on some people

Begovic,
    Dave, JT/Ivan, Matt, Baba II
    Matic, Cesc,
    Willian, Pedro, RLC
    Traore

Bench
    TBo, Clarke-Slater, Kenedy, Obi, Oscar, Pato, Falcao

Just think when last we played the Swans we had such high hopes kicking off as champions, Jose with a new 4 year deal in his back pocket, Eva and Jon on the bench, a Matic and Hazard that could still play football.

My My how times change.

Think we beat them 5-1 away as well last year, Oscar and Costa got 2 a piece....I think.

Anyway I'd go with nearly the same side that beat Villa, maybe 1 or 2 changes.

Courtois
    Azp Mizaga JT Rahman
    Cesc RLC
    Pedro Willian Pato
    Traore

Begovic, Ivan, Clarke-Salter, Matic, Kenedy, Oscar, Falcao

No doubt Mikel will at the very least make the bench though. :o

I quite like this Boga chap (us Boga's have to stand together bum bum :D) he really will be a serious player I think. There is little chance I think of him getting near our team next season so if he can get first team football in France I would have thought that would be a good deal all around.
    He does not seem to start much for Rennes but gets on teh pitch pretty much every game which is good for him really.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/it_d_be_good_for_him_french_side_keen_to_keep_impressive_chelsea_youngster_1_4486268

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Boga, a bit like Musonda, is probably a bit too small to make it in the PL. Players like them get suffocated in a league like this, whereas they'll flourish in Spain and similar leagues

Boga, a bit like Musonda, is probably a bit too small to make it in the PL. Players like them get suffocated in a league like this, whereas they'll flourish in Spain and similar leagues

I await the second coming of a #25 away with you heretics size does not matter I tells ya......

Wisey was a little petite too ........

We've a wealth of talent in the supporting roles, Palmer, Boga, Musonda just to name 3 and thats before you mention guys like Solanke, Abraham and Brown who can do a job there also.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    Our last games of the season, I reckon we'll get 12 points from these games putting us on 56 points, anywhere between 8th and 10th.

30 points off title winning standards, horrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I hope Leicester have the title wrapped up coming to us on the last day. Imagine beating them and handing the title to Spurs or Arsenal.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

true blue todd kane , good article on him

As a 22-year-old shining in his first spell abroad, Todd Kane has already attracted a lot of attention. Having spent this season on loan as the undisputed first choice right-back at NEC in the Eredivisie, the likes of Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Southampton, Newcastle and, he admits, even Borussia Dortmund have shown an interest. That attraction is not mutual, though, as Kane has just one goal on his mind: becoming a Chelsea legend.

The defender has been on the books at the Stamford Bridge club for 15 years, but is yet to feature for the first team. Loan spells at Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers, Bristol City and Nottingham Forest have seen him develop and gain experience. His foray into foreign lands with the Nijmegen side has him most excited, however, and has only spurred him further on in his dream of turning out as a regular for the Premier League side.

"I don’t just want to play one or two games for Chelsea," he told Goal. "If they offered me a 10-year contract, I’d take it now. I support Chelsea, I’ve been there a long time, my whole family is from the area - it’s the ultimate goal.

"What you saw with Ryan Giggs at Manchester United, that’s what I want to be at Chelsea.

"A lot of clubs are interested. Clubs came in for me in January, but I had a talk with Chelsea. Everything has gone well here [at NEC] and I don’t want to change that.

"I signed for NEC for a year and I’m not the type of person to go against his word, even though the clubs that were interested were very big and it’d be nice to play there.

"I could have gone but I felt that at this time in my career, I should just keep going. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

A club trying to salvage the best out of a catastrophic season, the Blues could perhaps do with a homegrown hero emerging as the new Mr. Chelsea. With iconic midfielder Frank Lampard following Ashley Cole out of the door at Stamford Bridge and the very personification of the club in John Terry, seemingly, on his way out this summer, the London side have lost a significant English core over the last few years.

This season, Terry, Gary Cahill and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are the only English players to have featured for the senior squad. And in Kane’s view, it’s time new blood emerged to lead the club onto further glory. They have enough talent, he says, and he has his mind set on becoming a long-term fan favourite in the English capital.

"When I was younger, we were probably the best academy in the country, one of the best in the world," he adds. "We would go to tournaments and win them. I’ve won a lot with reserves and youth teams.

"I think it’s time for someone like myself or from the group of us who won the youth cup [to come through], and there will be a time when a few lads get into the team. When that’ll be I don’t know, but it will happen.

"I’ve got about nearly 100 games so they can’t say anything about my experience. I’m learning all the time."

At his age, it would be ideal to be gaining regular first-team football in a long-term deal. While the England Under-19 international is aware that Chelsea’s unpredictable youth policy means he has no guarantees of a future in the senior squad, he sees no reason to worry. He has options, is sure of his talent and confident his work rate will see him through.

"Unless I get the boot, I’m not going anywhere. If clubs in the Championship come in for me, and I’m sure there will be a few, I wouldn’t do it. If there was a club in Europe, I’d choose that over the Championship," he said.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2016/04/08/21972742/todd-kane-meet-the-man-who-wants-to-be-the-new-mr-chelsea?ICID=HP_BN_3&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FAoLpAlk1XF

• Advertisement

30 points off title winning standards, horrid

Its shocking, we've the same amount of draws as wins and we've won more away games than we have at home.

Its just nowhere near good enough.
    Johner wrote: »
    I hope Leicester have the title wrapped up coming to us on the last day. Imagine beating them and handing the title to Spurs or Arsenal.:eek:

If its within 1-3 points going into the last game of the year I'd be rolling over for leicester anyway and I'd say the players, unofficially will be doing the same.

Miazga was doing so well and all until he said this :
    'I sang Sorry by Justin Bieber. It was when I first came, the night before Norwich away. It was me, Pato and we had a new physio as well so at least I wasn't the only one up there.

Contes going to sell him once he finds about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Good to a young english lad saying hed pick a european club over the championship

peteeeed wrote: »

Looks to be Miazga and Ivan again at CB, I can live with that, given the big Yank more mins is going to be good for him and his development.

That also means Azp and Rahmna in the FB positions, again, not a bad thing.

No Remy means it will probably be Traore starting up front and Pato as the next option from the bench.

Team will probably be similar to Villa, bar, Remy.

Courtois
    Azp Ivan Miazga Rahman
    Mikel Cesc
    Pedro RLC Kenedy
    Traore

Yes any Cahill less team is good in my view. Be interesting to see how American Matt gets on against a reasonably decent side.

I would actually start Pato just for look sees, the probability is once Costa is back from his now annual FA holidays he will be starting so why not have a good look at him fresh from the start, if he is blowing after 60 thats fine swap out with Traore.

I have a feeling after last week Kenedy will start on the bench with Willian taking his place. Of course uncle Guus could shock us all drop his love child play Cesc beside RLC and have Kenedy and or Traore alond side Pedro and Willian. No chance of that of course.

Yes any Cahill less team is good in my view. Be interesting to see how American Matt gets on against a reasonably decent side.

I would actually start Pato just for look sees, the probability is once Costa is back from his now annual FA holidays he will be starting so why not have a good look at him fresh from the start, if he is blowing after 60 thats fine swap out with Traore.

I have a feeling after last week Kenedy will start on the bench with Willian taking his place. Of course uncle Guus could shock us all drop his love child play Cesc beside RLC and have Kenedy and or Traore alond side Pedro and Willian. No chance of that of course.

Well my ideal team would have no Mikel, Oscar or Cahill.

Pato LW
    Traore up top
    RLC & Cesc in the centre

Although, at this stage its just seeing out the season so it matters very little who we play really so hopefully he plays mor fringe and youth players.

Imagine RLc getting back to back starts? Thats the world I want to live in. :D

Thing is Obi won't be here next season (well I really hope he isn't) so he is bringing nothing to the party now. Any chance our Chinese friends coming back for Oscar though I would not blame him for not wanting to go.
    Anywhere will do with Cahill swap with Christensen?

• Advertisement

Thing is Obi won't be here next season (well I really hope he isn't) so he is bringing nothing to the party now. Any chance our Chinese friends coming back for Oscar though I would not blame him for not wanting to go.
    Anywhere will do with Cahill swap with Christensen?

I reckon Obis time is up, Conte cant give him the assurance that he'll play 75% of games from the start.

I reckon we'll keep Cahill but I dont know will he be first choice but there was the rumour of offering Ake to Gladbach for Christensen in return although it would probably be a swap with Gladbach having first option at a very reduced rate if we wanted Christensen back early.

Oscar, such high hopes, such poor results, too inconsistent to be kept, IMO, even his flashes of brilliance are just that, it might be every7-10 games he produces something that makes ya go wow and then he does F all for the next few weeks, hes had 4 years of excuses and if someone came in with a decent bid, id have him gone in a heartbeat.

Predictions fo rthe weekend? Another away win, seems to be the only ones we can get this year.

I reckon we'll be too good for Swansea and we've the chance of bringing back in Willian and Traore, otherwsie the starting XI should be very close to last weeks.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Predictions fo rthe weekend? Another away win, seems to be the only ones we can get this year.

I reckon we'll be too good for Swansea and we've the chance of bringing back in Willian and Traore, otherwsie the starting XI should be very close to last weeks.

Both teams safe and nowt to play for hopefully we will get an entertaining 2-3 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

CfmpW8CWQAEEA5G.png

T-Bo dropped??

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

****ing muck.

• Advertisement

Dead rubber, no bite. I could criticize RLC for not getting about enough but the whole team have been guilty of it.

Game needs Kenedy and Traore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Can someone tell these lads I have money on us finishing above Liverpool.

Glad the unbeaten record is gone. Guus has nothing to fall back on now and hes really brought us absolutely nowhere.

Subs were again baffling and was pointless having young fellas on the bench if nobody gets on.

No point going on a rant, it means nothing but i really cant wait until Hiddink f**ks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Glad the unbeaten record is gone. Guus has nothing to fall back on now and hes really brought us absolutely nowhere.

Subs were again baffling and was pointless having young fellas on the bench if nobody gets on.

No point going on a rant, it means nothing but i really cant wait until Hiddink f**ks off.

TBF what could he of really done? Mourinho was left stay far too long and left us a complete shambles, the rot had set in and was more than likely unrecoverable for any manager.

Exactly, half the team is out injured and lets be honest, Mikel, RLC, Kenedy, Traore, Miazaga aren't exactly Premier League standard. Shows how thin our squad actually is.

• Advertisement

Whats even funnierr than mijel playing at cb is he looked far better than ivan in the 45mins he was there.

Guus taking off Miazga though after 1 mistake and in truth the goal was as much Azps and Cescs fault as his, was another piece of top quality management.

Kenedy done nothing for 45mins and pedro done nothing for 90mins.

Theres going to be interesting summer ahead and I really hope it doesnt involve Guus at all.

You had Matt Holland on Setanta baffled why Guus wasnt offered the job, despite the fact hes not good enough, too old and has said he has no interest in a day to day role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Guus taking off Miazga though after 1 mistake and in truth the goal was as much Azps and Cescs fault as his, was another piece of top quality management.

He did it with Rahman too, great way of motivating the young lads. :mad:

redman85 wrote: »
    He did it with Rahman too, great way of motivating the young lads. :mad:

Ya its not great especially when pedro and oscar are being left on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

You had Matt Holland on Setanta baffled why Guus wasnt offered the job, despite the fact hes not good enough, too old and has said he has no interest in a day to day role.

My eyes nearly rolled out of my head. They're more incompetent than our starting xi.

Top 4 all but decided bar the order and I hope from here and its very likely too, that its going to beLeivester hanging on. Weve City and Spurs coming up, be nice to take points off them to ensure Leicester win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Top 4 all but decided bar the order and I hope from here and its very likely too, that its going to beLeivester hanging on. Weve City and Spurs coming up, be nice to take points off them to ensure Leicester win it.

Any result against City next week would be swell,we'd owe you big time if you could beat them.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Any result against City next week would be swell,we'd owe you big time if you could beat them.

We're worse at home than away :o

If city turn up, we'll be routed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We're worse at home than away :o

If city turn up, we'll be routed.

Whatever about City showing up, our gang have well and truely fuct off on their holliers good and early this season.

Im assuming Speith is an Arsenal fan after those closing 9 holes.

Jaysus. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

That's shocking from Hiddink taking off Miazga like that. That really does not achieve anything, other than embarrassment and a further confidence blow for a young player.

Fair enough if it was a big game but a dead rubber. That's actually disgraceful management IMO.

• Advertisement

That's shocking from Hiddink taking off Miazga like that. That really does not achieve anything, other than embarrassment and a further confidence blow for a young player.

Fair enough if it was a big game but a dead rubber. That's actually disgraceful management IMO.

Hes done the same with Kenedy and Rahman too.

Whats more annoying is, other players then getting a full 90mins even though theyve been equally as bad or in some cases, worse than those coming off.

You just got too look at his last few jobs, failed to get Turkey to Euros in 2012 after losing out in the playoffs, he left Anzi after doing nothing of note and was fired by the Dutch FA after a terrible start to led to the Dutch finishing outside even a top 3 playoff slot.

Hi sleague record so far with us is on the side of poor to ok. 7 wins, 8 draws, 1 loss.

Theres at least 2 draws in there that should have been losses and theres probably another 2 that could have been wins but it makes for dire reading, IMO.

I still laugh at the reporters and pundits that question why we've not kept him on and went with Conte, theyre either trolling or idiots.

I'm just glad we dont have to put up with another few months of Guus come August.

I hear Rameries has been nicknamed The Wall in China, because he runs for miles but doesn't really matter any more

Theres one or two "fakes" online showing next years jersey and TBH, if they do end up being our kits, I'd be seriously disappointed, they look shocking.

For anyone interested, ive started a discussion on a potential meet up fpr a game next year.

Just click the link : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99358757&postcount=74

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianal3

Can't reply with multiquote.

ianal3 wrote: »
    Can't reply with multiquote.

Single replies?

Thread starting?

Reporting?

I can reply to threads (sometimes) but I cannot start threads or reply with quotes.

I have been able to report posts ok but I haven't been able to start a thread anywhere on the site.

Single replies?

Thread starting?

Reporting?

I'm using the legacy site now and this seems to be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/719551823401586688

I wouldn't call myself a big John Terry fan (quite the opposite, if truth be told). But fair do's to the bloke. Yes, he's loaded. But he was under no obligation to do that. Well done John. Nice one.

• Advertisement

ianal3 wrote: »
    I'm using the legacy site now and this seems to be working.

I thought there was minimum number of posts and time to post in soccer board? What is the story with you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement