Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I thought there was minimum number of posts and time to post in soccer board? What is the story with you?

Testing of Boards.ie, soccer mods are aware and i'll be deleting the posts as well as the access to the forum once its done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Some Spanish journo has claimed that Real Madrid will be signing Eden Hazard in the summer for £32m.

Yes, the very same amount we paid for a player thats got 5 years left on his deal and has vastly improved since his move, bar this season.

Got to love the rags. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tbh I doubt clubs would be willing to pay that much more for him given the season hes had.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Tbh I doubt clubs would be willing to pay that much more for him given the season hes had.

Hes an exceptional player thats had a bad season, theres no way his value isnt at least double what we paid given we hold all the cards here.

If Hazard does want out, it will be on our terms. Plus, given theres a European Championship coming up, hes got a chance to shine on a huge stage and drive that price tag up even further if he does want to move to Real.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hes an exceptional player thats had a bad season, theres no way his value isnt at least double what we paid given we hold all the cards here.

If Hazard does want out, it will be on our terms. Plus, given theres a European Championship coming up, hes got a chance to shine on a huge stage and drive that price tag up even further if he does want to move to Real.

I'd be worried about losing value on a lot of players. Now is a terrible time to be a selling club. Half the squad is woefully out of form and most will command far less of a fee than they would have 12 months ago.

Hell, Hazard would have fetched €100m last season but I think we'd be lucky to get €65 for him now. Same for Courtois. Obviously the players have contracts but we don't have CL football next season and some players may try and force a move.

I can guarantee Madrid will try and sign one of the two and I'm also fairly certain we're going to get badly low-balled. Even if a player is unhappy and doesn't want to stay I'd prefer to keep them, have a good season and sell them for more next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd be worried about losing value on a lot of players. Now is a terrible time to be a selling club. Half the squad is woefully out of form and most will command far less of a fee than they would have 12 months ago.

Hell, Hazard would have fetched €100m last season but I think we'd be lucky to get €65 for him now. Same for Courtois. Obviously the players have contracts but we don't have CL football next season and some players may try and force a move.

I can guarantee Madrid will try and sign one of the two and I'm also fairly certain we're going to get badly low-balled. Even if a player is unhappy and doesn't want to stay I'd prefer to keep them, have a good season and sell them for more next season.

Hopefully though they will shine in the Euros and therefore will command bigger fees if they force a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thing is we are not a poor club if Roman decides someone wont move then thats that.

Hazard is supposed to be on record very recently as saying he is happy at Chelsea and intends to be here next season (cant find the link right now). True or not he is worth far far more than ST£32m I dare say there is no chance he will go for that, double at the very least.

I would not be sad to see the back of TBo guy seems like poison, lets reunite Stoke keepers say I Butland and Begovic for next season.

We will be low balled and if Courtois and Hazard do want out they#ve only to look at thier massive 5 year contracts to see what leverage they have and the answer is none.

If someone offers £32m for Hazard they'll be told to f**k off, even if Hazard demands a move, same goes for Courtois.

If both want out so badly, they'll be told that until a reasonable bid comes in, they aint going nowhere.

Apparently we're chasing a highly regarded young French goalkeeper, from Troyes, Yehvann Diouf.

Apparently, Juventus and Bayern are also interested.

• Advertisement

This says it all about TBo really;

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/all-he-does-is-moan-and-whinge-blues-fans-react-to-speculation-over-keepers-future?

Sadly I thought he was one for the future at the end of last season and felt it right to let Petr go, well much humble pie to be eaten here big mistake in hindsight.

In fairness to Courtois he's had a sh*te defense in front of him all season. I think he'd be a beast with Conte.

Veratti and Matuidi out for PSG. They are dreadful without them. Wish we had such luck.

City just got a penalty, hope they knock them out.

Veratti and Matuidi out for PSG. They are dreadful without them. Wish we had such luck.

City just got a penalty, hope they knock them out.

City defended very well and psg were useless.

Good restlult for city though, deserved it.

Kind of sickening KDB isn't at Chelsea anymore. He's some player.

If some banter and trolling of a few fans on Twitter, I seen someone post this and it gave me a chuckle.

Chelsea FC Founded in 2003 - 7 UCL Semifinals.

Man City Founded in 2008 - 1 UCL Semifinal.

Arsenal Founded in 1886 - 2 UCL Semifinals.

Not bad going for two second rate, newly formed clubs. :pac:

Kind of sickening KDB isn't at Chelsea anymore. He's some player.

TBF, that was unearthed at wolfsburg and City are reaping the rewards for it.

He didn't want another loan and he didn't seem mentally ready for us, well he went back out and proved hes a good player.

Looking back, I'd have sooner kept him than Oscar but as KDB said himself, if he had cost about 20-30m, he would still be at Chelsea.

TBF, that was unearthed at wolfsburg and City are reaping the rewards for it.

He didn't get any crack of the whip at Chelsea though. He started the first 2 games of the season. Got 2 assists in his first game and had a uneventful second and then he just dropped off the face off the earth. He had a couple of sub appearances and and a cup games to prove himself but Jose never gave him a look in, something must have went down or Jose just had a personal dislike of him. He had shown he was a cracking player the season prior at Bremen. We probably lost £60m potential value selling himself and Lukaku. YUa live and learn I guess.

He didn't get any crack of the whip at Chelsea though. He started the first 2 games of the season. Got 2 assists in his first game and had a uneventful second and then he just dropped off the face off the earth. He had a couple of sub appearances and and a cup games to prove himself but Jose never gave him a look in, something must have went down or Jose just had a personal dislike of him. He had shown he was a cracking player the season prior at Bremen. We probably lost £60m potential value selling himself and Lukaku. YUa live and learn I guess.

Sad thing is we never seem to learn, if we let young players go there has to be a buyback clause. Not every one develops at the same rate so that should be recognised.
    That said KdB has come on leaps and bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Nah fcuk them Belgians look at the hassle they are causing us this season1

• Advertisement

Jose wanted from De Bruyne in terms of games and training and he said he couldnt give it, he was shipped off on loan in January and sold in the summer.

We kept around less talented players who were willing to do the work, guys like Schurrle, maybe De Bruyne wasnt ready for the level we expected of him and I think he wasnt, he needed to step down a level or two before coming back more mature and able for the fight of an elite club and he did, unfortunately it was with Wolfsburg and then City but he clearly didnt want another loan, same can be said for Lukaku.

Unfortunately they just werent ready for it, Lukaku will follow De Bruyne in playing for a club of the level hes at because right now, hes much better than Everton and wont fulfill his potential by staying with them.

Nah fcuk them Belgians look at the hassle they are causing us this season1

There's that too. :pac:

TBH, we cant expect any young guy coming in from a different academy/club to wait around for 3 or 4 years before he gets a game.

So I can see why guys like Lukaku and De Bruyne were pi**ed off but they didnt exactly do it here.

I'm more annoyed with Lukaku than I am with De Bruyne though, his stunts on the last day of the transfer window were a joke and in effect, he cost himself a chance at Chelsea and I cant imagine he'll be back anytime soon.

Who we shouting for tonight? Benfica and Atletico I'd imagine and then for Atletico to win it outright?

Yup.

Hope Atletico can win it outright. Don't like Guardiola, Barca are mesmerizing to watch at times but I find their pantomime play acting infuriating. Real Madrid are almost as bad as them and they are Real Madrid.

Happy Eden vs Sad Eden

eden-hazard-chelsea-season_3447876.jpg?20160413110432

We missed him more than anything this season. His ability to make something from nothing, especially when our backs were to the wall was immense. I hope we get to see him rip up the league for us again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jose wanted from De Bruyne in terms of games and training and he said he couldnt give it, he was shipped off on loan in January and sold in the summer.

We kept around less talented players who were willing to do the work, guys like Schurrle, maybe De Bruyne wasnt ready for the level we expected of him and I think he wasnt, he needed to step down a level or two before coming back more mature and able for the fight of an elite club and he did, unfortunately it was with Wolfsburg and then City but he clearly didnt want another loan, same can be said for Lukaku.

Unfortunately they just werent ready for it, Lukaku will follow De Bruyne in playing for a club of the level hes at because right now, hes much better than Everton and wont fulfill his potential by staying with them.
    Article here about just that

http://theprideoflondon.com/2016/04/13/kevin-de-bruyne-is-reminder-that-chelsea-fc-attitude-must-change/

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Big difference, Paul Pogba was out of contract. SAF and all the coaching staff wanted to keep him.

Big difference, Paul Pogba was out of contract. SAF and all the coaching staff wanted to keep him.

We wanted to keep De Bruyne but he wanted out, kind of the same as Pogba really but De Bruyne was much more of an "established" player at the time aftyer his stints in Europe and Germany.

Pogba was a great unknown, bags of talent and potential and we were in for him to at the time but you can bet it was Juventus giving him assurances abut game time is what swung it for Pogba and not money.

• Advertisement

We'e getting a proper pre-season in this time, we're off to Austria, same base Jose used before we won the league.

We'll start only a week after the Euros so some players will get extended leave, same for those on Copa America duty.

We'e getting a proper pre-season in this time, we're off to Austria, same base Jose used before we won the league.

We'll start only a week after the Euros so some players will get extended leave, same for those on Copa America duty.

July 16: Rapid Wien vs. Chelsea (Vienna, Austria)
    July 20: RZ Pellets WAC vs. Chelsea (Klagenfurt, Austria)
    July 28: Chelsea vs. Liverpool (Pasadena, CA, USA)
    July 30: Chelsea vs. Real Madrid (Ann Arbor, MI, USA)
    August 4: Chelsea vs. AC Milan (Minneapolis, MN, USA)

Pre-season schedule so far.

We wanted to keep De Bruyne but he wanted out, kind of the same as Pogba really but De Bruyne was much more of an "established" player at the time aftyer his stints in Europe and Germany.

Pogba was a great unknown, bags of talent and potential and we were in for him to at the time but you can bet it was Juventus giving him assurances abut game time is what swung it for Pogba and not money.

Wasn't there some shenanigans over a bird between T-bo and KDB? The major thing that sticks out was that she was a 3 at best and to think he threw away his career at chelsea for her?

Yea lucky buggers beautiful part of the world, that would set you to right with everything in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hopefully Conte will be going home early, give him some actual time at the club before pre season starts

duploelabs wrote: »
    Wasn't there some shenanigans over a bird between T-bo and KDB? The major thing that sticks out was that she was a 3 at best and to think he threw away his career at chelsea for her?

They buried that hatchet before Courtois even returned while on Belgium duty. Don't think it had anything to do with it.

• Advertisement

Luis having an absolute cracking game for Atletico. Amazing tackler and just won them a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Luis having an absolute cracking game for Atletico. Amazing tackler and just won them a penalty.

He's a great player and what a manger Simone is. Shame he's not going to be our next manager.

Johner wrote: »
    He's a great player and what a manger Simone is. Shame he's not going to be our next manager.

He's the man alright. But I'm glad he's staying there. I dunno if he could inspire the same type of ethic anywhere else, the man is a god there.

He's the man alright. But I'm glad he's staying there. I dunno if he could inspire the same type of ethic anywhere else, the man is a god there.

I'd imagine we sounded it out and I'm guessing we were told no chance. Can't see him leaving Atletico for many years and why should he to be honest. What he has built and is building there is phenomenal.

I'd imagine we sounded it out and I'm guessing we were told no chance. Can't see him leaving Atletico for many years and why should he to be honest. What he has built and is building there is phenomenal.

The best is clubs thinking he'd leave Atleti for them.

Id love simeone but he wont leave Atleti for as long as possible.

They were robbed in the 2014 final so i hope they win it.

• Advertisement

The best is clubs thinking he'd leave Atleti for them.

Id love simeone but he wont leave Atleti for as long as possible.

They were robbed in the 2014 final so i hope they win it.

Would love to see them win it as well.

Would love to see them win it as well.

I reckon theyll do it anyway theyre dogged but gifted on the counter.

Someones done some digging and apparently Drogbas charity isnt all that clean cut.

Someones done some digging and apparently Drogbas charity isnt all that clean cut.

Someone is the daily mail, who he's taking to court for liable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cf9nJMFWcAAqB4U.jpg

duploelabs wrote: »
    Someone is the daily mail, who he's taking to court for liable

Seen it on Twitter. :o

But good, I really deteest the Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Wouldn't surprise me if it's true to be honest, I don't trust any charities after that scandal a few years back with those Irish charities pocketing most of the money for the fat cat salaries.

Given Pool and City are both in the Semi Finals of the European cups, I think its safe to say England will have the 4th place for a UCL qualifier locked down for a while.

No Italian club in sight.

Just seen that its 27 years since the Hillsborough tragedy. Its a terrible day when men, women, kids, family and loved ones go out to watch the game and team they love and never come back.

On a positive note though they do seem to be getting closer to some justice for the 96 victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭anonanymore

Chelsea U19 v Anderlecht U19 in semi-finals of the UEFA Youth League. BT Sport Europe 12pm.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement