Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    On a positive note though they do seem to be getting closer to some justice for the 96 victims.

It always amazes me that we hear nothing about Heysel. Always 1989. But look, if we start talking about that there will be cards everywhere so JF96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Chelsea 2-0 up on Anderlecht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea 2-0 up on Anderlecht

Our youth football/talent is streets ahead of anything else in England the last few years. Now to get a few more into the first team squad.

3-0 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭anonanymore

Final Monday 4pm BT Sport Europe v Real Madrid or PSG. Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

After the penalty incident against Valencia was it, the guys can count themselves very lucky to have got this far. :o

Still though, be great to win it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hope Colkett gets a game this season honestly think hes a better footballer than RLC.

• Advertisement

I reckon City are going to do or come very close to what we done in 2012.

The league for them means little at this stage, theyre within touching distance of a UCL Final and the league is gone so we might have a chance tomorrow.

I dont think we'll win, in fact I reckon City will pile another loss on this terrible season of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I think it could be a bit embarrassing on Sunday I expect a reasonably heavy defeat.

City are still in the drivers seat for UCL qualification through the league so they cannot really risk that so I expect them to be as close to full strength as they can be. That said absolutely delighted that City beat PSG and I think they can score a few against Real, that could be a great semi and City have an excellent chance. None too shabby for a team even younger than us :pac::pac::pac:

I think it could be a bit embarrassing on Sunday I expect a reasonably heavy defeat.

City are still in the drivers seat for UCL qualification through the league so they cannot really risk that so I expect them to be as close to full strength as they can be. That said absolutely delighted that City beat PSG and I think they can score a few against Real, that could be a great semi and City have an excellent chance. None too shabby for a team even younger than us :pac::pac::pac:

Game is on tomorrow at 5.30 though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Why the fcuk is Mikel still getting a game! :mad:

He's lost the ball about 10 times already and loses it for the goal.
    Waste of a jersey.

There's also no way Gus will haul him off at half time like he did with Miazga or Baba.
    Absolute Joke.

Jammy goal but well deserved to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Willian is back to being woeful at set pieces (has been for a while tbf).

If City were anywhere near their best this would be a hiding. Still expect them to score more and win comfortably.

• Advertisement

RLC our best player.

No one else bothered, main problems stem from the lack of protection our midfield gives the defence. The defence have gone walk about too in fairness.

Our most pressing issues are a box to box midfielder and centre back IMO.

Thought Rahman had a good half compared to the rest of the team too, his pace bailed us out a few times.

De Bruyne tearing us to ribbons

He is currently better then every player we have, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

What's clear is there isn't even one leader in this team.

We just ****ing roll over whenever this one bit of adversity. Yes the season is over but have a bit of ****ing pride in the jersey.

Conte has a hell of a job on his hands next season. We basically need to replace the whole spine of the team.

Embarassing.

Cahill at LCB is a liability and all goals came from his mistakes.

Well and truly beaten.

I have de bruyne and aguero in my FF so its not that bad. :o

• Advertisement

One thing that annoys me about Hazard is he should be sitting with the players behind the dug out but hes up in the boxes.

One thing that annoys me about Hazard is he should be sitting with the players behind the dug out but hes up in the boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

What a **** day for sport , Chelsea been spanked at home and Nadal dominating tennis again
    joke !!

Leicester better win tomorrow

Those executive boxes really annoy Gav :P

I'm sensing Hazard is annoying you Gav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What's the one thing that really annoys Gav again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

GavRedKing wrote:

4 things that annoy Gav...

Utter ****e.

• Advertisement

Phone went spaz :o

But ya, they annoy me ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Will this season just F**K OFF already!!!

Big test next season, hope the club fully back Conte. Let him axe who he wants no matter what and go all out to get his targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

As long as Conte doesn't end up another Scolari... (Gene Hackman)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Wow. Lots of dead wood in that team. Starting from scratch during the summer. I hope he gives a few of the young fellas a chance. Noting to lose. Fabregas is a liability in midfield. He's too lightweight.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Wow. Lots of dead wood in that team. Starting from scratch during the summer. I hope he gives a few of the young fellas a chance. Noting to lose. Fabregas is a liability in midfield. He's too lightweight.

There's a much bigger liability in midfield.
    And his name is Mikel.

Painful to watch but predictable all the same. Whoever sanctioned that new contract for Ivanovic deserves the sack. And Cahill? Christ, he's such a hindrance they'd be better off playing nobody rather than him.

The same players have under-performed and let the side down all season. Bar a brief upturn in performances and results, nothing has changed since Jose left. Still playing the same players in the same formation and seeing the same ****e as a result.

You'd think at some point along the way Hiddink would have thought "why don't we try something different?" Especially the last few weeks when there's been nothing to play for.

It's almost clichéd at this point for fans to say a squad overhaul is needed in the summer, but **** me is it needed badly at Chelsea. The younger lads aside (and Azpilicueta), there's not 1 senior player I'd class as a must keep. And I hope Conte has the balls to get rid of anyone not fully committed, be it Courtois, Hazard, Costa or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Game is on tomorrow at 5.30 though. :o

Wrong day but sadly right about the outcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Think Newton and Holland look after the training side of things, and Guus just puts their arm around them, and deals with the media, too many players comfortable at the moment, time for big changes on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement

Hiddink was never going to work any miracles, his job was to steady the ship and he did a good job in that regard.

It's a disgrace that the players won't show a bit of fight, they know Hiddink is gone so are taking it easy when everyone of them should be fighting to stay in the squad next season.

Im convinved when Hiddink goes from this life to thr next, his headstone will read "he steadied the ship for Chelsea"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The one small positive about yesterdays result is we're now even less likely to push up the table and get a Europa League spot

Focus on league only is better for next season I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

JT26 wrote: »
    What a mediocre season,there's a big clearout needed that's for sure
    I'd call it disastrous. We spent the last few months trying to recover and fix the damage done at the start of the season. An unmitigated disaster of a season actually.
    Players still not playing and we fired Jóse on the back of the players instruction.
    There is nothing mediocre about that. As champions, no.

At least Barca are losimg and f**king away their league.

Small victories. :o

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    I'd call it disastrous. We spent the last few months trying to recover and fix the damage done at the start of the season. An unmitigated disaster of a season actually.
    Players still not playing and we fired Jóse on the back of the players instruction.
    There is nothing mediocre about that. As champions, no.

Jose caused the mess. Without a doubt he is the reason we are in this siuation. Mata, Lukaku and de Bruyne were chucked out by him. We need a new spine to see us through the next decade. Laugh if you will but Luiz was a ready made JT replacement - a leader of men sort.

This is the worst 'defence' of a title since football began (1992). Also that Liverpool team are going to spank this Chelsea side - I can see 8 or 9-0 scoreline. I am very worried about that game.

Jose caused the mess. Without a doubt he is the reason we are in this siuation. Mata, Lukaku and de Bruyne were chucked out by him. We need a new spine to see us through the next decade. Laugh if you will but Luiz was a ready made JT replacement - a leader of men sort.

This is the worst 'defence' of a title since football began (1992). Also that Liverpool team are going to spank this Chelsea side - I can see 8 or 9-0 scoreline. I am very worried about that game.

If city beat us 3-0 Pool will beat us maybe 2-0.

If city beat us 3-0 Pool will beat us maybe 2-0.

I would take 2-0 right now. They will be up for it big time and we are not. It will be a cricket score for sure. Disaster.

I would take 2-0 right now. They will be up for it big time and we are not. It will be a cricket score for sure. Disaster.

Nah theyre only a decent side with a bit of potential.

Were a very good side that have been bad to shocking for about 18months.

We'll be grand....plus it doesnt matter we cant finish anywhere decent.

Nah theyre only a decent side with a bit of potential.

Were a very good side that have been bad to shocking for about 18months.

We'll be grand....plus it doesnt matter we cant finish anywhere decent.

It matters when you've a lurry load of Liverpool supporting mates/aquaintences/relatives!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement