Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Garzorico wrote: »
    It matters when you've a lurry load of Liverpool supporting mates/aquaintences/relatives!

Theyre best chance of top 4 now is the Europa League. If they dont win that its like our season, a let down.

Although ours has been a disaster. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Garzorico wrote: »
    Luiz was a ready made JT replacement - a leader of men sort

Whatever about being a leader in the locker room or even on the field, if you've got a pigeon brain when it comes to being a central defender you take the €50 million with both hands when it's offered

The lack of leaders is a problem though, I always thought Fabregas would eventually be one after he joined, he was the Arsenal captain after all, but he's a passenger more than he's not these days

This is one area where us letting Cech go was a mistake, he would have been the next captain after JT if Courtois never happened

Hiddink doing well, steadying the ship with 1 win in his last 7 games and he also suggests that some players are keeping their energy for Euro 2016, if thats thje case, drop them from the squad.

wE've nothing to lose by dropping players who arent committed at all, play the youths, you've literally nothing to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote:
    wE've nothing to lose by dropping players who arent committed at all, play the youths, you've literally nothing to lose.

Apparently he has said he's gonna use the remaining games to play youth, hope its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

UEFA Youth League final takes place today in Switzerland at 4pm.

Chelsea V PSG on BT Sport. Winning back to back in this and the Youth Cup would be some achievement.

Apparently he has said he's gonna use the remaining games to play youth, hope its true

I hope its true too but I doubt it very much so.

We've 5 games left and only 2 of them are at home

Bournemouth - away
    Spurs - home
    Sunderland - away
    Pool - away
    Leicester - home

I'd have no problem playing youths in some of these games but send out the strongest squad against spurs and hopefully stop them gaining ground on Leicester, that way Leicester will go into the last day of the season against us as champions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Yeah, lets play that game v Spurs like its the bloody CL final !! :D:D

Yeah, lets play that game v Spurs like its the bloody CL final !! :D:D

Teyve got a horrendous record at the Bridge, not won in the league in about 25 years I think, but now, considering wehere both squads are at, theyve got to be massive favourites for the game.

Still though, taking a point or three off them would be all but handing Leicester the title at this stage and while it wont go down as sweet as Anfield 2014, it would still be an upset of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I hope its true too but I doubt it very much so.

We've 5 games left and only 2 of them are at home

Bournemouth - away
    Spurs - home
    Sunderland - away
    Pool - away
    Leicester - home

I'd have no problem playing youths in some of these games but send out the strongest squad against spurs and hopefully stop them gaining ground on Leicester, that way Leicester will go into the last day of the season against us as champions.

Thing is Gav what the hell is our strongest squad?

Most of the muck on display against City on Saturday should be put out to grass no desire, no heart, no nothing.

Play some of the youth team give a bit of sharpness before we play City again in the Youth Cup.

Read on the City thread some chap made a comment after the game on Saturday that he expected it to be much harder against Newcastle than us. And you cannot argue with him he is absolutely correct the barcodes will give them a game and that is a disgrace. The camera cut to Roman looking dejectedly at his phone coming toward the end of the game wonder if he was waiting for a return text from Conte see if he would start earlier.

Thing is Gav what the hell is our strongest squad?

Most of the muck on display against City on Saturday should be put out to grass no desire, no heart, no nothing.

Play some of the youth team give a bit of sharpness before we play City again in the Youth Cup.

Read on the City thread some chap made a comment after the game on Saturday that he expected it to be much harder against Newcastle than us. And you cannot argue with him he is absolutely correct the barcodes will give them a game and that is a disgrace. The camera cut to Roman looking dejectedly at his phone coming toward the end of the game wonder if he was waiting for a return text from Conte see if he would start earlier.

Or he was probably sending Jose a text saying he was right, this squad is a failure and needed to be seriously upgraded.

Strongest squad would be anything without Oscar, Mikel, Cahill and Ivanovic but at the back we're not blessed with CBs with JT and Zouma being injured.

Of all the players at the club I think I'd like to see Mikel turfed out before anyone else and on the back of that, Guus, for picking him week in, week out is brain dead.

Cahill the other day was running around like Cahill does, which is like a headless chicken without any sense of positioning. Ageuro is the best in the league but none of his goals were the result of excellent movement and even the penalty, he missed a tackle on Fernando(inho) 30yards from goal, totally exposing Courtois.

Azp though for the 2nd goal was done like a kipper by De Bruyne, which isnt making for good viewing because even though hes been a good performer hes been at fault for goals now on his side of the pitch a lot in recent weeks. It was him and Cesc who failed to stop a Swansea cross the other day resulting in them winning and he was done by a ball into Di Maria down his side against PSG too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35962597

Heres another stat .

No. of goals v Chelsea for Messi :

I didnt like the sacking of Jose as it was cler the players had a huge part to play in his downfall and that most of, if not all of those would have been sold in the summer, instead we sacked him AND we're going to sell them in the summer anyway. Makes no sense whatsoever. :pac:

I was willing to give Guus the benefit of the doubt and that he'd turn it around and we'd end up pushing on for a European place or at least be in the fight for one but its been one cluster f**k after or another wit him.

Hss first 3 home matches were all draws, 2-2, 2-2 and 3-3, his sub selection and timing is mental, with the youngsters coming off at half time, some times from mistakes (rahman) or sometimes for no reason at all (kenedy), more oftne than not, with the game crying out for a change he never makes it and usually only makes 2 changes.

Hes subbed the better players out instead of under performing donkeys countless times and Mikel most be laughing waking up every game day knowing hes gonna to start no matter what hes done in the previous game.

In short, Guus should have never returned, actually, Jose shouldnt have been fired but thats been discussed to death at this stage.

I'd have preferred if Steve Holland was put in charge until the end of the sesaon being honest because back in December when we sacked Jose, we were (a) never going to be relegated even if we stuck with Jose and (b) no new manager, unless they spent 200m in January would have pushed us to a top 4 fight and or finish.

Good comparisson in videos and clips of how RLC has improved in nearly 12months.

Yes he has a long way to go before he can be counted as a starter for us when we need him but hes going in the right direction, like I said nearly 12months ago though, he needs a big pre-season, he needs to have his holiday with his mates and bust his gut as soon as thats over and improve his stamina and willingness to get involved in the game for 90mins.

If I was him I'd be taking a short break and and aiming to improve my fitness during the summer, if hes willing to do the work others arent it could make the difference with Conte coming in and seeing his fitness and sharpness is ahead of others in his position and it could lead to him getting even more game time next year.

Its all on his shoulders though but with his new contract and serious increase, he should be doing everything possible to secure what should be the most important thing to him now, game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Good comparisson in videos and clips of how RLC has improved in nearly 12months.

Yes he has a long way to go before he can be counted as a starter for us when we need him but hes going in the right direction, like I said nearly 12months ago though, he needs a big pre-season, he needs to have his holiday with his mates and bust his gut as soon as thats over and improve his stamina and willingness to get involved in the game for 90mins.

If I was him I'd be taking a short break and and aiming to improve my fitness during the summer, if hes willing to do the work others arent it could make the difference with Conte coming in and seeing his fitness and sharpness is ahead of others in his position and it could lead to him getting even more game time next year.

Its all on his shoulders though but with his new contract and serious increase, he should be doing everything possible to secure what should be the most important thing to him now, game time.

I'm really not sure how he'll pan out... the #10 doesn't suit him, he's just not creative enough. He's no more a holding player either. He's like an immobile Lampard imo, really needs to improve that aspect if he's going to succeed with us and also hope we play with genuine centre-mids in the next system.

Yaya is the only other player who I could liken him to and he had to get to an extremely high technical ability to compensate for his work-rate before he became great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

RLC is a CM plain and simple. The formation we currently play doesn't really suit him though (or any of our central midfielders really).

If you play him alongside a defensive mid, he's not really good enough at the defensive side of things to be a box to box midfielder and he can't really pull the strings with his range of passing.

Ideally for me, he would excel as part of a midfield 3, with Matic sitting behind and playing alongside Fabregas. His best asset IMO is his abilty to carry the ball forward and beat his man, but he also has good technical ability in and around the box, at least when he's running from deep. He's not really a #10 though and he doesn't really enjoy playing with his back to goal.

I think the best thing Hiddink has done is put his arm around players like Ruben and Traore. Most of us were ready to write Traore off after a few cameos and then being frozen out by Jose. What baffles me about the situation is if the players were really not playing for him, why didn't he bench them and just play the youth? This culminated essentially in 45 minutes against Villa where he started RLC and then subbed him off at half time when I thought he was our best player. Kenedy is the only player who probably would have gotten a look in for the rest of the season under Jose.

I personally hope RLC starts every game for the remainder of the season. He can be the one bright spot on a miserable season. I'd also like to see more of Traore and Kenedy. We also may as well give Pato a shot with Costa up front, or else that was just the second most pointless signing of all time after Falcao.

hots wrote: »
    I'm really not sure how he'll pan out... the #10 doesn't suit him, he's just not creative enough. He's no more a holding player either. He's like an immobile Lampard imo, really needs to improve that aspect if he's going to succeed with us and also hope we play with genuine centre-mids in the next system.

Yaya is the only other player who I could liken him to and he had to get to an extremely high technical ability to compensate for his work-rate before he became great.

Ya, hes not a #6, he cant do a job like Matic of last year, hes not an #8, he cant do the box to box job of someone like Ballack or Lampard, his finishing, for the moment is very erratic, he had a great chance at 1-0 to draw the game up but his finish was poor and he had a shot at the edge that he balloned, again at 1-0, if either those chances fall to a Lamps or Ballack the net is being ripped in two. Neither is he a #10, as you said hes not creative enough, no doubt hes got the ability to do a good job in either of the 3 main central roles but hes not yet found his best position at senior EPL level.

For me, I'd play him in a CM 3, deploy him with a powerful runner and a deep lying player and give him a free run of things and he could flourish, in essence, youre asking 1 guy to be a #6 and the other two to be a combination of the #8 & #10.

I've high hopes for him anyway, he reminds me of Barkley, again, another powerful all action styler player that can cause havoc when running at people but not really great at being a #10, both players wil eventually find their feet though.

Lukker- wrote: »
    RLC is a CM plain and simple. The formation we currently play doesn't really suit him though (or any of our central midfielders really).

If you play him alongside a defensive mid, he's not really good enough at the defensive side of things to be a box to box midfielder and he can't really pull the strings with his range of passing.

Ideally for me, he would excel as part of a midfield 3, with Matic sitting behind and playing alongside Fabregas. His best asset IMO is his abilty to carry the ball forward and beat his man, but he also has good technical ability in and around the box, at least when he's running from deep. He's not really a #10 though and he doesn't really enjoy playing with his back to goal.

I think the best thing Hiddink has done is put his arm around players like Ruben and Traore. Most of us were ready to write Traore off after a few cameos and then being frozen out by Jose. What baffles me about the situation is if the players were really not playing for him, why didn't he bench them and just play the youth? This culminated essentially in 45 minutes against Villa where he started RLC and then subbed him off at half time when I thought he was our best player. Kenedy is the only player who probably would have gotten a look in for the rest of the season under Jose.

I personally hope RLC starts every game for the remainder of the season. He can be the one bright spot on a miserable season. I'd also like to see more of Traore and Kenedy. We also may as well give Pato a shot with Costa up front, or else that was just the second most pointless signing of all time after Falcao.

I didnt see your post until I posted mine but we've a similar outlook on RLC. :o

Agreed about RLC being a bright spot, same for Zouma this year who was on course to keep Cahill out of our squad and make Frances Euro squad. Kenedy and Traore have also improved to a point they might be kept around by Conte but I hope Kenedys days at LB are over, leave Rahman get used to it.

Youths 1-0 up against PSG, Tomori with the goal who gives away a penalty straight after it which is saved by Collins. :o

Some start by all accounts, 13mins gone.

• Advertisement

Next game vs Bournemouth, I wonder will we see JT coming back?

One thing is for sure hes needed.

I'd go

Begovic
    Azp Mizaga JT Rahman
    Cesc Matic
    Kenedy RLC Pato
    Costa

Beeney or Collins
    Cahill
    Colkett
    Palmer, Willian
    Traore Falcao

Its a shame that Guus has love for Mikel though

On another note, the youths are looking good to win back to back U19 Youth Champs League trophies.

Palmer has had a really good start and is running things for Chelsea.

What channel is it on?

What channel is it on?

I'm streaming it in work but I think its on one of the BT's.

I'm wondering will we see Musonda in the first team next year?

I think hes better than Palmer but Palmer has been impressive for the youths this year.

I'm wondering will we see Musonda in the first team next year?

I think hes better than Palmer but Palmer has been impressive for the youths this year.

Leave him at Betis, same with Christensen and bring them back the ear after. They are both doing good there, no reason to stunt their growth IMO.

• Advertisement

1-0 to the Chels at HT, Tomori with the goal.

PSG missed a pen too.

Leave him at Betis, same with Christensen and bring them back the ear after. They are both doing good there, no reason to stunt their growth IMO.

I think we need Christensen though, unless we're going to splash out on a CB to lead the defence in a post JT Chelsea backline, Zouma wont be ready until probably Sept or Oct and the current CBs arent good enough, IMO.

Thats the fun part of the summer though, we've no idea what Conte will do, I just hope he gives the club his targets early doors and while hes off at the Euros the club is making deals happen.

A summer like the 2014 one would be perfect for us, get the major deals done early as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm streaming it in work but I think its on one of the BT's.

Correct BT Sport Europe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

1-1

Ah good finish :(

• Advertisement

2-1 Palmer

Went away to get water to find the score 2-1, seen the goals on Twitter too so its not too bad. :o

Could be a cracking finish to this game.

In strange news, the FA have decided to Charge Vadry with improper conduct after being sent off the other day, it relates to his reaction towards Jon Moss who is the easily, the most useless official in the league but good on the FA for being come what consistent, Costa was habded an extra game for his antics after his sending off against Everton so I'd suspect an extra game on to his ban for Vardy is the likely outcome.

Clarke salter with a leg breaker , lucky boy

Ya, young CS is lucky to be on the pitch there.

A great tackle right from the 60's. :o

Chelsea on the ropes a bit, PSG should have made it 2-2

Boys holding on at the moment in a Mourinho style parking of the bus.

Collins doing well under balls into the box.

4 mins added, 2-1 still.

PSG fluff another chance, Collins with another save.

Palmer has ran the show and scored the hugely important 2nd goal but Collins has been great out there too.

Abrham with good hold up play there, free kick and 2 mins gone in the added time.

• Advertisement

Late yellow for ALi I think.

Another close one from PSG, shot curls just wide of the post, looks over now.

Ft 2-1 woooo hooooooo

There it is, full time whistle.

The U19s are back to back UEFa youth league winners, brilliant result for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Get in! Great achievement from the lads.

After the penalty incident against Valencia it was written in the stars they were going to win it.

Wait for the jokes that none of them will make it but theres a few gems in that team. Palmer, Abraham, Aina, Colkett, Clarke Salter to name a few.

Even 16 year old Sterling looks to be a good prospect.

Dunno why I wasted money going to senior games this year, should have just went to youth games. Hopefully they can do a cup double, up against City in the FA youth cup final soon.

Dunno why I wasted money going to senior games this year, should have just went to youth games. Hopefully they can do a cup double, up against City in the FA youth cup final soon.

You'd also be better off going to watch the Ladies team tbh :D

Also Fabregas the guest on MNF

• Advertisement

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-game/hazard-tells-conte-hell-stay-at-chelsea-bvdd8dn63

Hazard has told Conte he wants to stay. I think this is great news, I don't think we'd be able to replace a player like him regardless of what money we get for him.

I think he could be a killer in a Conte team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement