Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd be delighted if he decides to stay but only if he makes a serious effort to prove his commitment to the club. We need to build a team for the future and that can either be built around him or not, no point in him staying next season and all this shît too start again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I know Hazard has got a decent goal return for us but he has to score more, he misses a lot of one on ones for a player of his caliber and I know hes said before he prefers to create goals but if he wants to be held in higher regard he has to score more from open play.

Cesc done well on MNF last night, no doubt he was prepped about the Jose question but he gave a good, honest answer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So Juan Sebastian Veron regrets leaving United for Chelsea. Got news for you Juan we regret it too.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/18/juan-sebastian-veron-says-he-regrets-leaving-manchester-united-f/?

So Juan Sebastian Veron regrets leaving United for Chelsea. Got news for you Juan we regret it too.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/18/juan-sebastian-veron-says-he-regrets-leaving-manchester-united-f/?

Veron, while a decent player, I dont thionk warranted this much priase in the article.
    while his career at United was one of unfulfilled potential, he will be remembered as one of the most gifted midfielders of his generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lukker- wrote: »
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/the-game/hazard-tells-conte-hell-stay-at-chelsea-bvdd8dn63

Hazard has told Conte he wants to stay. I think this is great news, I don't think we'd be able to replace a player like him regardless of what money we get for him.

I think he could be a killer in a Conte team.

His attitude this season has been disgraceful but it's still good news that he wants to stay. He's still our best player and he'd be in the select few of world class players. As you say Conte should hopefully get the best out of him again.

So Jose has apparently been approached by PSG, its either Mendes trying to force Utd into a move or PSG could genuinely be interested in him.

Looking at both clubs, I know where I'd prefer to go, win a league title in Paris in a fantastic city and have a decent crack at the UCL or live in Manchester and fight it out with about 6 teams for the EPL title and have less chance in Europe and have to live in Manchester.

Tough choice, although I'd reckon Jose would go for Utd over PSG given his love for the EPL but PSG will throw stupid money at him and its project for winning the UCL.

The thing about Hazard, Costa and Cesc, the latter 2 have improved since Jose left and been 2 of our better performers, Hazard has plodded along happy to see out the season and try push Belgium to the Euro victory, thats what it seems like to me.

He'll need a massive season next year if he does stay to bring the fans back on side again, while I'll suport any player that plays for us (other than Mikel) he needs to put in the performances we all know hes capable of and not act like a spoilt child.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Think you would need to bring back Eva to get the best out of Hazard.
    Heard lots of rumours from fans when over at games..........maybe no smoke without fire.........

Techless wrote: »
    Think you would need to bring back Eva to get the best out of Hazard.
    Heard lots of rumours from fans when over at games..........maybe no smoke without fire.........

Unless those rumours include the other 15 or 16 in the squad who've been s**t, theyre nothing but conjecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So Jose has apparently been approached by PSG, its either Mendes trying to force Utd into a move or PSG could genuinely be interested in him.

A guaranteed league title in France to add to the collection must be appealing, not to mention a legitimate shot at another European Cup with another team.

I'd have a crack at it if I were him.

Essien wrote: »
    A guaranteed league title in France to add to the collection must be appealing, not to mention a legitimate shot at another European Cup with another team.

I'd have a crack at it if I were him.

Also the €€€€€€€€, no doubt PSG would pay him a kings ransom and promise him any player he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's said a lot of negative things about the French league though, I don't think he'd consider winning Ligue 1 much of an achievement.

Griezmann rumours doing the rounds again, hes just coming off the hottest season he could have had so theres no way Atletico will lose him for under 50m IMO.

Would be an excellent signing though.

Someone at Real Betis has said theres talks to keep Musonda for another year, be good for his development if he was to get more game time while with them as we're pretty well stocked on wingers and #10s at the moment.

Lukaku has drifted to evens to make us favorite to be his next club.

Apparently stems from him telling friends he would like to re-join.

I personally don't know how I feel. He has been excellent for Everton this season and when he signed I truly thought he'd be the Drogs replacement but I kinda get the feeling that he's a big fish in a little pond at Everton.

Lukaku has drifted to evens to make us favorite to be his next club.

Apparently stems from him telling friends he would like to re-join.

I personally don't know how I feel. He has been excellent for Everton this season and when he signed I truly thought he'd be the Drogs replacement but I kinda get the feeling that he's a big fish in a little pond at Everton.

Well hes a Chelsea fan and hes not going to push on his career at Everton, theyre a stepping stone club at the moment.

The only thing thats annoying me is that we'd have to pay an insane amount of money to bring him back and it would mean losing Costa I'd say.

No way we'd be able to keep both and keep both happy in terms of game time.

Well hes a Chelsea fan and hes not going to push on his career at Everton, theyre a stepping stone club at the moment.

The only thing thats annoying me is that we'd have to pay an insane amount of money to bring him back and it would mean losing Costa I'd say.

No way we'd be able to keep both and keep both happy in terms of game time.

Conte has favored a 3-5-2 before, Lukaku could even play in a 4-3-3 on the right with Costa through the middle.

Jose told the board not to include a buy back clause to get the higher fee because he said he'd never have any interest in re-signing him

I wouldn't pay over £40m.

Conte has favored a 3-5-2 before, Lukaku could even play in a 4-3-3 on the right with Costa through the middle.

Jose told the board not to include a buy back clause to get the higher fee because he said he'd never have any interest in re-signing him

I wouldn't pay over £40m.

Long term, Lukaku represents good value, hes a good 4 or 5 years younger than Costa, so the only way we sign him is if we sell Costa for about 25-30m and throw that at Everton as well as about an extra 20m, I cant see him leaving them for anything under Torres money.

If he does want out then it will be on Evertons terms and they'll bend over whoever wants him, us, City, Utd, Arsenal, whoever is in the market for a new CF, we should have a trump card but the way he did leave initally leaves a sour taste in the mouth so it remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Dodged a bullet meeting crazy demands for John Stones another shocker there tonight

• Advertisement

Dodged a bullet meeting crazy demands for John Stones another shocker there tonight

I think it doesnt help hes with Everton who are, despite being only 1 place behind us and having beaten us twice this year, pretty s**t.

7th-11th is about their level in the league in fairness, which doesnt reflect well on our season because we've also been pretty s**t.

He'll improve under a better manager with a better structure around him too, aslo, if the rumours were to be believed, he wanted out but was told no hope, maybe they promised theyed sell him in the summer but unless he has an exceptional Euros with England and he wont, his value would have never been higher after last season.

I'd keep the £50million and go forward with Zouma and Christensen, both are better prospects than Stones, despite what the British press spout.

Put it this way, if Luiz or any other foreign ball playing centre back was having the season Stones is, he'd be called a liability etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Long term, Lukaku represents good value, hes a good 4 or 5 years younger than Costa, so the only way we sign him is if we sell Costa for about 25-30m and throw that at Everton as well as about an extra 20m, I cant see him leaving them for anything under Torres money.

If he does want out then it will be on Evertons terms and they'll bend over whoever wants him, us, City, Utd, Arsenal, whoever is in the market for a new CF, we should have a trump card but the way he did leave initally leaves a sour taste in the mouth so it remains to be seen.

Hopefully since he's a Chelsea fan and Drogba is his hero that we can bring him back, even get the big man to tap him if needs be :pac:

Sell it as proving Jose wrong, especially if he goes to United (Jose)

Hopefully since he's a Chelsea fan and Drogba is his hero that we can bring him back, even get the big man to tap him if needs be :pac:

Sell it as proving Jose wrong, especially if he goes to United (Jose)

It would be painful the amount of money we'd have to spend to get him though. We've already paid good money for him as a teenager and sold him for about 29m, I think we'd have to break our own transfer record to get him anyway as Everton wont want to lose him.

So according to Duncan Castles, Courtois doesnt get along with GK coach Christopher Lollichon (sp) he was Cechs mentor at Rennes and followed him over eventually to Chelsea, Castles even goes onto suggest that the coach was barred from team meetings by Jose because Jose didnt trust him. Castles is also suggesting that Courtois 3 month knee injury is down to Lollichon and his training methods.

Jose did have his own GK coach and it was suspected that once Cech left, so to would Lollichon but that never happened, if Conte does have a choice, I'd be getting rid of the coach over Courtis everyday of the week.

So according to Duncan Castles, Courtois doesnt get along with GK coach Christopher Lollichon (sp) he was Cechs mentor at Rennes and followed him over eventually to Chelsea, Castles even goes onto suggest that the coach was barred from team meetings by Jose because Jose didnt trust him. Castles is also suggesting that Courtois 3 month knee injury is down to Lollichon and his training methods.

Jose did have his own GK coach and it was suspected that once Cech left, so to would Lollichon but that never happened, if Conte does have a choice, I'd be getting rid of the coach over Courtis everyday of the week.

Yup, I agree. Let Courtois bring in Guy Martens who he worked with at Genk, he was trying to get him here before. I was surprised Lollichon didn't leave already, he's never seemed to have a good relationship with Courtois and considering how close GK coaches work with keeper compared to the regular coaching staff, it's very 1 on 1 and you need to get on.

Yup, I agree. Let Courtois bring in Guy Martens who he worked with at Genk, he was trying to get him here before. I was surprised Lollichon didn't leave already, he's never seemed to have a good relationship with Courtois and considering how close GK coaches work with keeper compared to the regular coaching staff, it's very 1 on 1 and you need to get on.

Lollichon has some good methods of training from what I've seen but some of it is also meant to be a bit strange.

Just on the Belgian connection, if we manage to keep Hazard and Courtois, no doubt they'll be bending Lukakus ear to come back and play under Conte.

All of the good things written about Conte portray him as a winner, a hard arse but a winner, if a player wants to develop and win trophies, Conte could be the man to help them with their ambitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

duncan castles has a decent track record of getting things wrong

peteeeed wrote: »
    duncan castles has a decent track record of getting things wrong

He seemed to have his sources in the Mourinho camp but it's hard to know. The reports don't seem to unrealistic tbh

Castles usually gets a lot of Jose stuff right, has done so for the last few years so it wouldnt surprise me to be honest, yes, hes also been wrong but his strike rate, especially for Chelsea and Jose, is pretty decent.

Still though, if its between the GK coach and the GK, I'd be keeping the GK.

• Advertisement

Bournemouth away at 3pm Saturday, im a lot more confident of our away form than our home anyway. 2-1 Chelsea victory for me.

The rags are running with Stones and Lukaku to Chelsea for £100m.

I'd rather not take Stones if we're not keeping JT, whos he going to learn from, Cahill, Ivan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Care little of the result on Saturday to be honest for me its just one game closer to getting this awful season over.

As for Stones not at the quoted price, he is too cocky and makes too many basic errors. He might learn he might not but at the prices being touted we may as well have kept Luiz.

afternoon gossip

– Chelsea are closing on a £35m deal for Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan. (Express)

– Chelsea have hijacked Liverpool’s pursuit of Nice talent Hatem Ben Arfa. (L’Equipe)

– Chelsea and Manchester City target Paul Pogba has decided to stay in Turin. (Tuttosport)

– Chelsea are also planning a move for Romelu Lukaku and John Stones for a combined £90m. (Star)

– Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants to make Everton’s England defender John Stones, 21, his first signing despite a slump in the player’s form. (Daily Mirror)

Care little of the result on Saturday to be honest for me its just one game closer to getting this awful season over.

As for Stones not at the quoted price, he is too cocky and makes too many basic errors. He might learn he might not but at the prices being touted we may as well have kept Luiz.

Same, I'm not too bothered about the season really, as long as Leicester can hang on over Spurs.

I hope Guus plays some youths again tomorrow though, RLC has to start every game until the end of the season an dI'd play Matic and Cesc behind him, Mikel is utter garbage but hes the one player thats been constant under Guus.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hatem Ben Arfa? The lad who was too shit for Newcastle?

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    afternoon gossip

– Chelsea are closing on a £35m deal for Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan. (Express) - We need someone in CM with energy, price is a bit hefty though.

– Chelsea have hijacked Liverpool’s pursuit of Nice talent Hatem Ben Arfa. (L’Equipe) - They can have him, hes had a good season and hes a good player but I woudlnt touch him.

– Chelsea and Manchester City target Paul Pogba has decided to stay in Turin. (Tuttosport) - Well bo**ocks

– Chelsea are also planning a move for Romelu Lukaku and John Stones for a combined £90m. (Star) - Keep stones, we'll take Luaku back.

– Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants to make Everton’s England defender John Stones, 21, his first signing despite a slump in the player’s form. (Daily Mirror) - If we do sign Stones it wont be a Conte signing as the club has chased him since his Barnsley days.

In short, sign Lukaku, Pogba and Nainggolan.

Hatem Ben Arfa? The lad who was too shit for Newcastle?

Doing very well in France and will probably get a call up to their Euro squad but playing in France isnt exactly taxing.

U18s playing City tonight in the 1st leg of the FA youth cup.

U18s playing City tonight in the 1st leg of the FA youth cup.

Free to air for you non Chelsea TV subscribers

• Advertisement

Hazard back tomorrow, dont expect him to start though being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hazard back tomorrow, dont expect him to start though being honest.

He might as well go on hols. Let kenedy go mad!

Mikel at CB today, Mizaga on the bench therea no words that I can say about Hiddink and his team selections that wont get me a card so Ill just call the XI today strange considering hes dropped RLC too its a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mikel at CB today, Mizaga on the bench therea no words that I can say about Hiddink and his team selections that wont get me a card so Ill just call the XI today strange considering hes dropped RLC too its a joke.

That team selection is a joke

Playing the kids, yep

Whatever about steadying the ship Hiddink can piss off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

What a joke selection. Hiddink is doing a lot of damage to his reputation in this spell.

Weve been largely 2nd best and lucky to be winning after 30mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

First league goal for Hazard.:(

Lets hope courtois goes nowhere because Begovic has had a terrible season bar his game against city in august.

If ee get to HT with a lead ill be shocked

Bournemouth can feel hard done by. Should be level.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement