Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cesc has been an exceptional today. Even if chelsea have been average.

Despite pedros goal hes been easily our worse outfield player

Webe not played well but cesc has been out of this world today with his passing range.

Pedro and costa getting a very undeserved 90mins today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Nothing to play for really, but Fabregas is playing like he actually gives a fug. A class above today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Nothing to play for really, but Fabregas is playing like he actually gives a fug. A class above today.

Playing for his spot in the Spain team I reckon, no other reason he wouldn't be on holidays

Of the 3 that got abuse (costa, cesc, hazard) Cesc has been the best of the three all year.

It was undeserved, no point getting ahead of ourselves it was only Bournemouth but he was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

In a positive mode only 4 games to go now.

A bit ropey here and there but cantered to the win in the end and only one sub what happened to playing the young lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Please god let Roman be watching Utd v Everton - Lukaku has a woeful touch and shot. €60m no, €30m yes.

Bout time Hazard showed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Garzorico wrote: »
    Please god let Roman be watching Utd v Everton - Lukaku has a woeful touch and shot. €60m no, €30m yes.

Bout time Hazard showed up.

His first touch really isn't good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In a positive mode only 4 games to go now.

A bit ropey here and there but cantered to the win in the end and only one sub what happened to playing the young lads?

I'd say since we technically have a chance of 6th and getting into Europa, then he'd be obligated to play the top players

But if I'm right on that then why say he's gonna play the kids

What ever is our best side should be on the pitch against Spurs other than that once the Youth Cup is out of the way we should give those guys a look in.
    Hopefully Obi and Cahill will be fit for the Leicester game though :angel:

Draw with or beat spurs, season over then. :)

Oh and the difference between Martial and Lukaku is scary, Martial is tounger and full of so much proomise, Lukaku while talented, had chances that he screwed up.Martiak showed a cool head to win the game and a great touch too.

There was a huge question mark over Lukaku's big match nerve when he ran away from Chelsea seems it could still be there £60m yea my left one. As for Stones good God we dodged a bullet there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

What were the fans singing about ?

Just saw the interview with Hiddink ..

What were the fans singing about ?

Just saw the interview with Hiddink ..

The chant was "you better beat f**king Tottenham"

Dony think we will but if we take 2 points off them that'll be good enough.

Although if we line up with mikel and ivan at cb we might as well gift them the 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Was watching MOTD this morning. ivan looked like he was running through custard!

RichT wrote: »
    Was watching MOTD this morning. ivan looked like he was running through custard!

Bournemouth had chances, it could have easily been about 9-4 if all the chances were taken. :o

Anyone see the Spurs fans on Twitter saying chelsea are match fixing after ceac and hazard said they want leicester to win the league. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah poor lambs .....

I am quite sure if the situations were reversed they would expect their players to say the same. I don't think it really matters anyway we are most likely going to lose to both.

Ah poor lambs .....

I am quite sure if the situations were reversed they would expect their players to say the same. I don't think it really matters anyway we are most likely going to lose to both.

Dont mind losing to both as long as leicester win the league ha :o

Kurt Zpuma is back at cobham doing exercises so hopefully during the summer months he'll get fit enough to lead the back line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    We are definitely out of Europa contention lads?

Ya....would need us to win every game and all those above us to lose every game.

So we've a free crack at the league next year, at a minimum we need top 4 finish.

Its gonna be a sad state of affairs if the highlight of this season is if we contribute to Leicester wining the league by either a) costing Spurs points or b) rolling over on the last day.

But f**k it, anything to stop that lot winning a title.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

JT26 wrote: »
    We are definitely out of Europa contention lads?

Saw something about finishing 8th and getting Europa but didn't read it, will have a look now.

Don't think we will finish 8th though! 9th at best.

Johner wrote: »
    Saw something about finishing 8th and getting Europa but didn't read it, will have a look now.

Don't think we will finish 8th though! 9th at best.

Ya, 9th at best.

We wont catch Southampton, in truth Guus has f**ked away too many points with us in home games.

We wouldnt have caught the top 4 but we could have been in the running for a Europa spot.

Although we've won it so I'm not too bothered with the competition and I'd prefer a free run at the league next year.

A small squad can work when chasing the league and top 4 when you've only got at a minimum, 40 games next year.

It really should be an easyish introduction for Conte, travelling wont be an issue with no further than Sunderland or Newcastle to go to. Lots of free midweek breaks if they want training camps there really is no excuse not to get at least an easy top 4.
    A lot of course will depend upon what we do in the transfer market, it seems Christensen is due to stay in Germany for another season so what we do with our back four really is critical. JT gone it seems, Cahill dire, Ivan past it you would not be full of confidence.
    Baba with a little run seems to be more confident while I cannot understand why Obi was started in place of the Yank on Saturday there is no sense at all there really. There is little future for Obi at the Bridge and none at all at CB. Ivan should be OK for cup matches and perhaps against the lesser lights but against proper teams no not really. So really we need at least 3 defenders interesting that. Then of course there is the little issue of midfield and striker, should at least be an interesting close season.

It really should be an easyish introduction for Conte, travelling wont be an issue with no further than Sunderland or Newcastle to go to. Lots of free midweek breaks if they want training camps there really is no excuse not to get at least an easy top 4.
    A lot of course will depend upon what we do in the transfer market, it seems Christensen is due to stay in Germany for another season so what we do with our back four really is critical. JT gone it seems, Cahill dire, Ivan past it you would not be full of confidence.
    Baba with a little run seems to be more confident while I cannot understand why Obi was started in place of the Yank on Saturday there is no sense at all there really. There is little future for Obi at the Bridge and none at all at CB. Ivan should be OK for cup matches and perhaps against the lesser lights but against proper teams no not really. So really we need at least 3 defenders interesting that. Then of course there is the little issue of midfield and striker, should at least be an interesting close season.

Hopefully our furtherst trip is up to Middlesborough and Newcastle go down, not overly bothereed about Sunderland staying in the divison but I'd like Newcastle to go down.

I agree on our CB options, if JT isnt given an extension its utter madness, the club is crying out for leaders and when the chips were down this year we didnt have enough of them, leaving JT go is a daft call, made even stranger by the fact Ivan was given a deal.

What seriously pi**ed me off the other day was Mikel starting and Mizaga on the bench, we had Guus spoof on about the youngsters getting a game now nothing was left to play and he dropped Kenedy, RLC, Mizaga and Traore for the away trip to a team we could beat. :pac:

Its laughable, I loved Guus 1st spell but it was the players that performed then not the manager, his 2nd spell has shown up his short comings as manager, hes pretty much clueless IMO and a 4-1 defeat of Bournemouth does little to paper over it, we beat Villa in similar circumstances and went down to Swansea who showed a small bit of fight and fire and won out.

Pedro, despite his goal the other day was, IMO, our worse player, nobody played too badly but his touch is off and he was afraid to cmmit people. A bug shout out to Begovic for half a brain fart of a minute for their goal, it was shokcing, and Mikel and IVanovic, any half decent CF would have tore them a new one.

Considering we had Mizaga and a raft of players to replace Pedro, why Guus went with two players who have little to prove in world football is beyond me. Hazard and Willian were both coming back from layoffs, Matic hadnt started a game in weeks and Rahman needs to play but the inclusion of Pedro and Mikel was frustrating as hell, I get he wants to win games and get a respectable position but we're not going to come higher than 9th and we could easily finish 10th.

As you said though, its going to be an interesting summer, if we dont sign up JT we need at least 2 CBs, we've got Hector, Kalas, Omerou and Ake all coming back from loan but they'll probably be sold. Zouma is doing his recovery work and wont be back for the start of the season it seems so it leaves us with Cahill, Ivan, Mizaga, and that my friends is utter, utter tripe. Conte would want to work miracles to get a solid base from any of those players playing together.

We desperately need a CB if JT goes and we'll probably, rightly or wrongly, go after Stones again until Christensen is back with us.

• Advertisement

Stones is a long way from a reliable performer anything I have seen of him this season has been poor to utter awful. Kalas has shown much more and is deserving of a chance I would much prefer him to Stones at any rate.

If we start the season with Cahill, Mizaga and Ivan as CB's season is all but over before it starts really so far as CL qualification is concerned.

Good Lord Pedro got 7.7 out of 10 for his performance on Saturday not sure where that came from. Maybe I watched a different game?

Obi got 5.6 which is quite generous as he was muck. Cesc with 9.6 and Eden with 8.4 was fair I think though.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/4/25/11501072/afc-bournemouth-vs-chelsea-player-ratings-man-of-the-match-three-stars

Stones is a long way from a reliable performer anything I have seen of him this season has been poor to utter awful. Kalas has shown much more and is deserving of a chance I would much prefer him to Stones at any rate.

If we start the season with Cahill, Mizaga and Ivan as CB's season is all but over before it starts really so far as CL qualification is concerned.

If Conte sells Oscar and Mikel he'll have already won me over.

I'd agree on Stones, hes going to be an expensive mistake for awhile, he needs to improve a lot and it wont be with us without JT. I cant see the logic in selling a better footballer and defender, in Luiz and replacing him with a guy thats going to cost similar money as Luiz.

Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What were people's opinions on matic at the weekend? I saw some fawning over him but thought he was ****e tbh, really a position we're weak at. While mikel is poor he actually doesn't harm the team in fairness to him, matic has been poison.

If we play the same system next year matic can get used to warming the bench imo. After cb it's surely our weakest position.

hots wrote: »
    What were people's opinions on matic at the weekend? I saw some fawning over him but thought he was ****e tbh, really a position we're weak at. While mikel is poor he actually doesn't harm the team in fairness to him, matic has been poison.

If we play the same system next year matic can get used to warming the bench imo. After cb it's surely our weakest position.

Well according to WAGNH he claims he was like Zidane though I suspect he was joking

hots wrote: »

I think he was ok, nothing like the heights he reached when he came back.

I'd still prefer Matic over Mikel because while hes been prone to errors, its usually by playing stupid balls forward or getting caught up the pitch, Mikel does neither and is often found wanting further back.

I'm still amazed though that despite having probably the worst season of any player we currently have, Ivanovic is going to be likely captain next season. At one stage and I stopped counting being honest, you could count how many goals have been directly his fault and I think I got to 12 of about 18 goals left in were down to his errors in the early days of the season.

We wont stop Spurs winning it because theyve managed to throw away any chance they had themselves tonight. Congrats Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Did I hear right that Solanke is looking for a 50k a week contract :eek:

Techless wrote: »
    Did I hear right that Solanke is looking for a 50k a week contract :eek:

Correct, RLC has signed a reported 60k a week contract so Solanke might as well chance his arm.

Apparently his step father is handling the deal for him acting as his agent and God knows family members being your agent is never a bad thing. :o

I think hes on about 5-7k at the moment but theres no way in hell he should get that much money as well as assurances about his 1st team status.

He has to earn it but he knows that with 12months left on his current deal he holds nearly all the cards in this scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Correct, RLC has signed a reported 60k a week contract so Solanke might as well chance his arm.

Apparently his step father is handling the deal for him acting as his agent and God knows family members being your agent is never a bad thing. :o

I think hes on about 5-7k at the moment but theres no way in hell he should get that much money as well as assurances about his 1st team status.

He has to earn it but he knows that with 12months left on his current deal he holds nearly all the cards in this scenario.

Crazy..........the worlds gone mad

Techless wrote: »
    Crazy..........the worlds gone mad

Currently, Harry Kane is on about 60k I think.

Just shows ya what you're dealing with.

I'd love if he was given an opportunity with us but it should be left up to Conte to decide if he wants him, theres no club in the world going to give Solanke what hes asking from us so theres going to be room to negoiate over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd love if he was given an opportunity with us but it should be left up to Conte to decide if he wants him, theres no club in the world going to give Solanke what hes asking from us so theres going to be room to negoiate over the summer.

I'll take charge of the negotiations ...

Here's a realistic offer....and there's the door. Now...Walk towards the one you want.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'll take charge of the negotiations ...

Here's a realistic offer....and there's the door. Now...Walk towards the one you want.

Aaahhh the Maggie Thatcher approach to negotiation, I like it. :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's still more reasonable than Luas drivers in fairness.

It's still more reasonable than Luas drivers in fairness.

Hes far too over qualified too be a LUAS driver though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hes far too over qualified too be a LUAS driver though. :o

Is he though? Sure them drivers don't use their feet at tall at tall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

You would be surprised Sturridge asked for the same with us(city) and ultimately signed for yous on a deal probably worth the same all in. granted Sturridge had a few games for us under his belt but Solanke highly rated, could easily get a huge signing on fee and a decent wage that would come out at 50k especially with the money floating around next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

POKERKING wrote: »
    You would be surprised Sturridge asked for the same with us(city) and ultimately signed for yous on a deal probably worth the same all in. granted Sturridge had a few games for us under his belt but Solanke highly rated, could easily get a huge signing on fee and a decent wage that would come out at 50k especially with the money floating around next season.

I don't see any of the top clubs paying it though. City would be the only possibility but they already have Iheanacho. United have Rashford. Don't see Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal paying that.

He could join a smaller club but for a fraction of the wages for more playing time.

Solanke would be mad to leave, he'll probably sign a 3 year extension and get 3 or 4 times his current 7k wages which is absure anyway but it will give the club time to loan him to an English side for 12months or give him a shot as 3rd CF next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement