Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lukker- wrote: »

Mikel now and I'll be totally sold on him

Others like Remy, Cahill, Ivan, Oscar I don't mind either way really but Mikel's time is up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

One thing that's good about Co te managin a national team is that he has more time to prepare for taking over after the Euros. Imo, he should be weighing up the team and getting an idea of who does and doesn't fit in.

I just hope the club back him if he wants to get rid of the likes of Mikel and Ivanovic (hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mikel is gone this summer, I'm certain of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Im glad we didnt blow money on Sterling hes useless.

2 bits of gossip this morning, Arsenal are after Solanke and Nainggolan is heading to Chelsea, circa 30m.

Not sure I'm on board with spending about 30m on a 28 year old though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Second leg of the Youth Cup Final on ITV4 tonight. k.o. 7.45.

Techless wrote: »
    Second leg of the Youth Cup Final on ITV4 tonight. k.o. 7.45.

Oooohhhhh flicking back and forth so between that and the Atleti v Bayern game.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    2 bits of gossip this morning, Arsenal are after Solanke and Nainggolan is heading to Chelsea, circa 30m.

Not sure I'm on board with spending about 30m on a 28 year old though.

He's exactly the type of player we need though and there aren't many players of his ilk available.

A midfield of him, Matic and Fabregas would be insane.

If Matic can get going again, otherwise Kante please.

He's exactly the type of player we need though and there aren't many players of his ilk available.

A midfield of him, Matic and Fabregas would be insane.

If Matic can get going again, otherwise Kante please.

Cesc
    Pogba----RLC

;)

Cesc
    Pogba----RLC

;)

Not much defending would get done!

• Advertisement

Not much defending would get done!

Thats what defenders are for. :o

Nah, that wont happen anyway but I'm all for any scenario where RLC is used in the XI but in a 3 man CM would be better for balance as hes not good enough to be an out an out 10 and he doesnt seem to have the ability to sit and be a 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Nah, that wont happen anyway but I'm all for any scenario where RLC is used in the XI but in a 3 man CM would be better for balance as hes not good enough to be an out an out 10 and he doesnt seem to have the ability to sit and be a 6.

It's hard to even know what formation we'll play under Conte. I don't think 3 at the back is suited to English football which he liked under Juve, and I think there can be cases made for both playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Another rumour is Griezmann, who he apparently wants to pair with Costa up top.

For sure. If we played a 3 man midfield I could see him getting a lot more game time. Perhaps not starting, but he'd be a perfect partner for either Naingolan or Fabregas coming off the bench.

I think he'll have limited appearances at first under Conte but I really fancy his chances. He just has to look at how he handled Pogba. If I was RLC I'm doing everything I can to impress him from minute one.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    It's hard to even know what formation we'll play under Conte. I don't think 3 at the back is suited to English football which he liked under Juve, and I think there can be cases made for both playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

No more 4-2-3-1 please, I'm sick to death of that formation.

From watching Conte's teams the common factor throughout them all is he likes 3 man CM partnerships. Usually with 1 defensive mid, 1`box-to-box and 1 regista or deep lying play maker.

With the players at his disposal I'm guessing it'll be a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

TimRiggins wrote: »

Griezmann is not going to move to a club not playing in the UCL ..

No more 4-2-3-1 please, I'm sick to death of that formation.

From watching Conte's teams the common factor throughout them all is he likes 3 man CM partnerships. Usually with 1 defensive mid, 1`box-to-box and 1 regista or deep lying play maker.

With the players at his disposal I'm guessing it'll be a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3

The 4-2-3-1 is fine if you have the right players for us. Our problem is Matic and Fabregas don't work as a pivot and we don't have an out and out number 10 to create. It'll be an interesting summer to see who Conte brings in anyway.
    Griezmann is not going to move to a club not playing in the UCL ..

Money talks, and it's likely only for a season.

We could get Griezmann but I dont think he'd want to leave, why would he, hes after improving under Simeone and in the Atleti set up, I also think any big, big player coming to Chelsea in the summer will have to be sold on the fact that its a project, short term (1 year) the goal is to get into the UCL again, medium term(1-3 years) its to win trophies and long term(3-5years) its to dominate the domestic game as best as possible.

I do fear that we'll go back for Stones though and it will be for outlandish money, maybe 45m+ with bonuses for winning leagues and cups.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    We could get Griezmann but I dont think he'd want to leave, why would he, hes after improving under Simeone and in the Atleti set up, I also think any big, big player coming to Chelsea in the summer will have to be sold on the fact that its a project, short term (1 year) the goal is to get into the UCL again, medium term(1-3 years) its to win trophies and long term(3-5years) its to dominate the domestic game as best as possible.

I do fear that we'll go back for Stones though and it will be for outlandish money, maybe 45m+ with bonuses for winning leagues and cups.

Get your dirty mittens off him...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Get your dirty mittens off him...

Like a hot girl thats recently single, the clubs will be queing up around the block for Griezmann if Atletico want to cash in, considering he signed a contract extension last year and I think it got rid of the minimum fee release clause, I cant see Atletico, nor Griezmann, pushing for a move any time soon.

Hes a fantastic player though.

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Like a hot girl thats recently single, the clubs will be queing up around the block for Griezmann if Atletico want to cash in, considering he signed a contract extension last year and I think it got rid of the minimum fee release clause, I cant see Atletico, nor Griezmann, pushing for a move any time soon.

Hes a fantastic player though.

Real, Utd, Chelsea & City could all come calling but depends on the outcome of AMs season IMO

Expect to shell out 60 -100 million beans for him though

Gut feeling, depending on AMs season the same could be said for Diego Simeone (I hope)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Real, Utd, Chelsea & City could all come calling but depends on the outcome of AMs season IMO

Expect to shell out 60 -100 million beans for him though

Gut feeling, depending on AMs season the same could be said for Diego Simeone (I hope)

Simeone to Utd? I dont know, I just cant see him at any other club. I'd love him at Chelsea though, hes a proper football man and a right tough ba*tard, hes got a nasty streak and the ball incident the other day proved hes got a win at all costs attitude that makes Jose look like girl scout, he'd be hated by 19 other EPL teams and the media would go to town on him but he, nor the fans he represents would give a toss.

Just on Griezmann, a lot does depend on Atleticos season but apart from France winning the Euros and him shining in it, I cant see his stock rising much higher than it is at the moment but his price would be scary, would probably beat the British record too.

I think I'd prefer Bale but neither will be leaving in the summer IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Youths are 1-0 up in the second leg of the final.

2-0 Chelsea!! Tammy Abraham.

3-0. Easy. :cool:

5 Youth Cup's from the last 7.

2 Uefa Youth Leagues in a row, two outstanding achievements.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Now we need the youths getting into the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Now we need the youths getting into the first team.
    Why play youths when you have Obi :sick:

Why play youths when you have Obi :sick:

I'd prefer Colkett, RLC, Swift or Baker to get Mikels minutes.

:o

Hopefully Conte will throw him out. I dont see a future for him under Conte anyway.

Good article on our youth setup on the back of Solankes contract demands.

Joe Edwards speaks about the future too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/28/chelsea-hopeful-keeping-teenager-dominic-solanke-contract

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Good article on our youth setup on the back of Solankes contract demands.

Joe Edwards speaks about the future too.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/28/chelsea-hopeful-keeping-teenager-dominic-solanke-contract

Interesting alright. Saw some of the match last night, saw a lad Chalobah playing for them, is he a brother of Nathaniel ? Had great hopes for him as being a future first team player......

Also had great hopes for Aina, thought he looked a player with great potential...

• Advertisement

Techless wrote: »
    Interesting alright. Saw some of the match last night, saw a lad Chalobah playing for them, is he a brother of Nathaniel ? Had great hopes for him as being a future first team player......

Also had great hopes for Aina, thought he looked a player with great potential...

Ya, Trevor Chalobah, plays at RB, hes Nathans younger brother.

Nathan will probably get a deal with Napoli as it stands and AIna looked quality but looks to be out the door.

Shame, another fella lost to the system.

Hector and Piazon have come back a week early from their loans at Reading.

Hector and Piazon have come back a week early from their loans at Reading.

And will be gone again next season. Surely Piazon will be sold now.

And will be gone again next season. Surely Piazon will be sold now.

Those kind of guys will get the pre-season to impress Conte with half the squad at the Olympics, Euros and Copa America.

So the fringe players and youths will have a good chance to impress, so we might have a huge pre-season squad.

I still think they'll be sold though, probably Piazon this year and Hector next year after a loan at a Championship or lower level EPL side.

Rumours from across the pond is theres delays with the planning permission over knocking the hotels and aux buildings around the site.

Although this is unlikely to effect the timescale, as the the first 12months of the build is to protect the underground and overground tracks around the stadium before we bulldoze the site.

This is still scheduled to start on July 2017 once planning permission is signed off and we sort Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

6f1a7e4245213464af12a6f1ff2d2e7a.png

Eww

16CHELSEALK1.jpg

Mark Schwarzer will become the first player to win 2 consecutive Premier League titles without playing a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mark Schwarzer will become the first player to win 2 consecutive Premier League titles without playing a minute.

Think I posted that about 3 weeks ago :pac:

duploelabs wrote: »
    Think I posted that about 3 weeks ago :pac:

Ya but now theyre 100% going to win it.

So quiet you. :o

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    6f1a7e4245213464af12a6f1ff2d2e7a.png

Well all he needs to do is go to wherever Jose rocks up to next. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Eww

Looks more like my Chelsea curtains than a new jersey

I'm alright with Tbo being sold as long as a replacement is signed before we let him go. After his first 2 seasons at the club I thought he'd go on to be one of the leaders of the new generation but he totally wilted this season. He's not the only of course but he has been one of the most vocal.

We need to rebuild the core of the team again, we used to have leaders and winners in every part of the pitch but of the younger guys very few fit that criteria. Dave, Costa, possibly Matic and Fabregas even though they've both had shocking seasons. For this reason I can see some of the senior guys like Ivan and Cahill being kept on. Serious lack of back bone otherwise.

Courtois could learn a thing or two about respect and loyalty from Cech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

If Ivanovic staying it's as a replacement centre half. I can't go another season of him playing right back.

If City sign ter Stegen and Courtois wants to leave how would people feel if we signed Joe Hart? Now it's not likely to happen as I doubt City would sell to us but I think he'd be a good signing.

I don't like his face so it's a no from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I don't like his face so it's a no from me.

agree on that one :pac:

• Advertisement

If TBO does go, I'd love to see us raid Stoke again for Butland

Really seems set for the top, not many others around Europe have his age and upside

Well TBO does but he seems to be gone/going

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement