Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If TBO does go, I'd love to see us raid Stoke again for Butland

Really seems set for the top, not many others around Europe have his age and upside

Well TBO does but he seems to be gone/going
    Tbo will suffer the wrath of Chelsea fans after we got rid of Cech for him, we should have known he was a snake with all the rumours coming out of Spain before he came back, anyway can't wait till tomorrow now, hope we can at least take the required point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Tbo will suffer the wrath of Chelsea fans after we got rid of Cech for him, we should have known he was a snake with all the rumours coming out of Spain before he came back, anyway can't wait till tomorrow now, hope we can at least take the required point.
    What rumors ?
    I certainly didn't hear any. Well, that is only me. Anyway, I thought that TBO was a great signing. So did the rest of the Chelsea supporters.
    We all thought that getting rid of Cech was a necessary move for the future. With two goalies of such a high standard - it was obvious that one was going to leave. Either man rightly deserved no 1 starting spot in a major team. We couldn't sustain holding two of the top 5 goal keepers in the world in one squad.
    It was always going to be one or the other. We opted for the younger choice. We had the power and contracts to do so at the time.
    Regardless, if he wants out - out he goes. I don't want him to leave though. He's still quality. Yes, looks like we made a mistake by selling Cech but how were we to know?
    I think that if he had a better defense, he would be more comfortable and stop this batting out the ball nonsense, obviously.
    I'd keep him, keep paying him absurd amounts of money and make the pr1ck work for us. Just like he's paid to do.

cadaliac wrote: »
    What rumors ?
    I certainly didn't hear any. Well, that is only me. Anyway, I thought that TBO was a great signing. So did the rest of the Chelsea supporters.
    We all thought that getting rid of Cech was a necessary move for the future. With two goalies of such a high standard - it was obvious that one was going to leave. Either man rightly deserved no 1 starting spot in a major team. We couldn't sustain holding two of the top 5 goal keepers in the world in one squad.
    It was always going to be one or the other. We opted for the younger choice. We had the power and contracts to do so at the time.
    Regardless, if he wants out - out he goes. I don't want him to leave though. He's still quality. Yes, looks like we made a mistake by selling Cech but how were we to know?
    I think that if he had a better defense, he would be more comfortable and stop this batting out the ball nonsense, obviously.
    I'd keep him, keep paying him absurd amounts of money and make the pr1ck work for us. Just like he's paid to do.

It was widely reported after the champions league final with athletico that he wanted to stay but we called him back and in an effort to keep him we had to reassure him that he was our number 1 by sending Cech down the road, one of our most loyal and important payers of the last decade.
    Don't get me wrong I did agree with this to secure the next 10 years + but it was a gamble and it looks as tho it won't pay off!
    I wouldn't keep him or any player if they don't fully want to be a part of the team, that goes for hazard also, if they want to go then go, at least there on long contracts.
    What we need now is to build a team for the future not full of journeymen just looking to make us a stepping stone to somewhere better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hazard on the bench, have to say thats a strange decision considering he got 2 in his last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hazard on the bench, have to say thats a strange decision considering he got 2 in his last game.

I'm not even sure how to criticize Hiddink's selection anymore

Words are there but just..........

• Advertisement

What we need now is to build a team for the future not full of journeymen just looking to make us a stepping stone to somewhere better.

We've a team of youths who've won the last 3 youth cups, and the u19 champions league the last 2 years

They're the guys we should be pushing

Sometimes when you give people a chance you get outcomes like Rashford and Alli, but it just never happens here

We've a team of youths who've won the last 3 youth cups, and the u19 champions league the last 2 years

They're the guys we should be pushing

Sometimes when you give people a chance you get outcomes like Rashford and Alli, but it just never happens here

Theres a good article on WAGNH about it. More often than not top teams can only bring 1 or 2 players per season through to the first team.

Kane actually made his Spurs debut in 2011 but had a good few spells on loan. What Spurs seem to be good at is keeping their youth happy in the mean time, there is usually a gap of 3-4 years after they leave the academy team until they can break into the first team. They seem willing to go on loan for multiple seasons in the hope that they eventually get their shot.

Theres a good article on WAGNH about it. More often than not top teams can only bring 1 or 2 players per season through to the first team.

Kane actually made his Spurs debut in 2011 but had a good few spells on loan. What Spurs seem to be good at is keeping their youth happy in the mean time, there is usually a gap of 3-4 years after they leave the academy team until they can break into the first team. They seem willing to go on loan for multiple seasons in the hope that they eventually get their shot.

We've barely brought through RLC this year

Earlier in the season should have seen some of the youths tried when literally no-one was performing, the likes of Colkett or Clarke-Salter couldn't have been any worse than what was out there, if you're good enough you're old enough but if you never get a chance that's redundant

Players have come into 1st teams straight from academies, imagine the confidence boost a 17/18 year old gets when he's given a chance, nevermind if he impresses and becomes a proper player for the team like Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

****ing ****.

Defense lets us down again, 2 shots 2 goals for Spurs. Same thing all season, control the game, make a mistake defensively and let them in behind. Ivanovic needs a clean break he seems to be broken mentally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Jaysis - we are absolute dirt. Ivanovic is so bad it's almost laughable if we weren't so dire. Our midfield is non existent, defence is awful and attack is lethargic at best.
    F*ck off Hiddink too. Ivanovic on the pitch and Hazard on the bench. What do these managers bet paid for? Unreal.

Another loss. Is that 3 from 4 now?

Defense lets us down again, 2 shots 2 goals for Spurs. Same thing all season, control the game, make a mistake defensively and let them in behind. Ivanovic needs a clean break he seems to be broken mentally.

Control the game? I didn't see that in fairness. Ivanovic is just rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Matic is beyond terrible at this stage.

Johner wrote: »
    Matic is beyond terrible at this stage.

Strange what happened to him. Top man last season. Reason we won the league.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Control the game? I didn't see that in fairness. Ivanovic is just rubbish.

I only saw the first 33 mins because I went for my dinner but I thought we had the better of the early exchanges, had the better chances etc.

Credit to Spurs, they are very aggressive but I think the ref has let them off lightly.

Our midfield is non existent though, Matic and Mikel is the worst pairing in the last 2 decades.

:D

Great comeback,
    Hazard back to his best or just playing for a move?

Great comeback,

He already said he'll be here next season, it's time for the fans to get back on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Great comeback,

Coming back to full fitness id say. Madness to sell him after one poor season. A lot of the lads should be out the door though in fairness

He already said he'll be here next season, it's time for the fans to get back on his side.

Please God. Destined for the top.

If we played like that for even half the season we'd be in the top 4. Unreal.

• Advertisement

All I want is to see the desire, it was good to see it back. We need to show it all season next year though.

I'm not on his back, I'll be all for him if he can play like that next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its pity ut thats the best thing to happen this season, stopping that lot.

That shows how sh*t our season has been we've to seriously up the game for next year.

I'd say Spurs will probably get charged by fa for the dirty play tonight.
    Not that it really matters now any seen as they blew it anyway.

I'm just happy we preserve our record over Spurs!

I'm not on his back, I'll be all for him if he can play like that next season.

Wasn't singling you out man, just the attitude of many fans. Some even begrudge him now for coming into form, asking where it was all season.

People seem to forget, he carried us nearly all season in Mourinho's first season and after Christmas when we won the title when the whole team was legless.

There have been players who are as bad or worse then him this season and Hazard is a player who needs those around him to at least do their jobs for him to perform. He hasn't had that most of the season.

As long as Hazard or any player wants to stay, im all for it and give them a clean slate next year.

This season has been a write off since about October.

If they want out without any european football, so be it and we'll cash in.

However, its clear as day some have to go, mikel oscar ivan im looking at. Falcao remy too.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    As long as Hazard or any player wants to stay, im all for it and give them a clean slate next year.

This season has been a write off since about October.

If they want out without any european football, so be it and we'll cash in.

However, its clear as day some have to go, mikel oscar ivan im looking at. Falcao remy too.

I'd agree with all that. Oscar might get one more season to prove himself under Conte but I wouldn't be against him leaving as long as we get what we paid for him back.

I'd agree with all that. Oscar might get one more season to prove himself under Conte but I wouldn't be against him leaving as long as we get what we paid for him back.

Should have taken that massive chinese offer. :o

• Advertisement

Should have taken that massive chinese offer. :o

Aye, can't force a player to move to China though

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've just spent a few minutes on Google trying to find out how long it takes to fly from China to Brazil and it seems that Google thinks that planes only fly west so it takes 26 hours.

Anyway, the reason I did that was in trying to rationalise a move for Oscar to China because China is closer to Brazil than Engerland.

So, if I extrapolate from what I've learned from Google - that a west-bound flight from China to Brazil takes 26 hours - then an eastbound flight takes -2 hours and that explains very cogently how Oscar looks 12 when he's 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm just happy we preserve our record over Spurs!

Too right, what an atmosphere it appeared tonight best of season I'd imagine.

Baffled at the disgust of Spurs fans at Chelsea fans celebrating finishing 9th as they put it tbh if the shoe was on the other foot and they stopped us winning the league they'd celebrate too and rightly so.

Fair play to Leicester, Delighted for Ranieri in particular with acknowledgement to Huth & Schwarzer (back to back titles with no apps for either club :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Felt so good when that equalizer went in. We did well to come back but it was a largely poor performance. You have to give it to Guus. He's done well with what he has, but we need a serious improvement around the middle of the third. Matic and Mikel is going to get us nowhere.

Not only that, but we need a center half, a left back and I have serious doubts Costa has the ability to hit 20+ goals a season again. Big big summer ahead for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well the second half had some grounds for optimism I guess, first half we were very poor. I have no idea why Hazard started on the bench showed definite signs of getting back to form against Bournemouth scored twice played very well then gets benched for Pedro, beyond belief that.
    Shame we were stuck with Clattenberg again that guy has such an anti Chelsea agenda it is not funny anymore - decent ref last night Spurs finish with at most 8 players. It was heartening though to see the second half performance against a biased ref and a total bunch of thugs we really should have won. Cant say how delighted I was to stop Spurs getting a sniff of the league. It will be interesting to see what the FA do now they will obviously be charged with failing to control their players but how many of their players / thugs will face disciplinary action at a minimum Dembele and Lamela should get three matches each Walker could as well. Nice to see Costa holding his cool reasonably well given the provocation and pathetic referee. Says all you need to know about Spurs when Pochettino says he was proud of them, they have been kicking teams off the pitch all season. Still if you cant play football kicking your opponents off the pitch will work with weak refs.
    Have to say Harry Kane mane me smile said Chelsea celebrated like we had won the league - well at least we have experience of that he never will with Spurs at least.

Did any of ye see the scuffle afterwards?

Guus got pushed over in a melee and Verthongen wrapped his ahnds around Costas face, so much so, that the internet even suggested Costa bit him when he did it, even though any footage I've seen shows Vertonghen not flinching or pulling his hands away in a motion that would suggest Costa bit him. :pac:

It was brilliant to see a team lose the plot so much though that werent a Chelsea side, it was the most Spurs thing a team could have done, first the bottle job at home to WBA from a winning position and secondly being 2-0 up away after being gifted the lead.

I'm actually pretty shocked at Spurs though, didnt think they had it in them to resort to such tactics, they were suckered into a battle and we remained cool while they lost the plot, its been said already but a more compotent, non-biased ref, sends off a few Spurs players last night but cest la vie.

A few things still got on my nerves though, firstly, Ivanovic, at fault for the 2nd goal giving away a ball 35 yards from goal and Spurs score 5 seconds later. Mikel and Matic, theyre beyond useless when paired together and how Mikel gets 90mins is beyond me, Mikel must have a Guus voodoo doll. Pedro starting over Hazard, Hazard was by miles, the better player against Bournemouth and I'd say Pedro was our least effective, he missed chance after chance, Hazard gets 45mins and it looks like he flicked the switch, only took him 12 months but if you're going to pick a game to turn up in might as well be against Spurs. :o Hazard, the performance was bordering on surreal because we know he can do it but he didnt do it until the last two games.

I think we seriously need a new CB and need to sort that position ASAP, JT and Cahill both were poor for the goals, Kanes movement for the first goal wasnt even great he had such move space to move into and the ball through was simple enough given our CMs were non-existent but the finish was cool, same for Sons finish.

If we want to be back at the top table we've to sort out the back line and build from there, Conte will have nightmares looking at the 1st performance last night as we played as well as Spurs but gifted them opportunities.

• Advertisement

Have to say Harry Kane mane me smile said Chelsea celebrated like we had won the league - well at least we have experience of that he never will with Spurs at least.

This was pretty sweet alright. For all the talk of Chelsea rolling over against Leicester it made it even better that it didnt come to that as we stopped Spurs directly.

Got to love the Jurnos online, some saying they hope the FA dont go to hard on Spurs for showing passion last night.

Ya mate, stamping and eye gouging showing all the range of passion alright.

If the FA dont throw the book at Dembele and Lamela, I'll be shocked, christ knows that if Costa had been involved there would be a public out cry over his assualts.

Well I cant really see Obi here next season for me I would just replace him with Van Genkel that guy is going to be world class - super player. I would not mind a Matic MvG midfield I dont think Matic was that bad last night showed an awful lot more than Obi and did well enough against Bournemouth as well. Having him and Hazard back on form next season would be so nice.

But yea our big problem will be defence JT played Spurs on side all night (including Kane for his goal), leqast and well at least Cahill scored in fairness. But last night we only had one defender (and Spurs still couldn't beat us :)) Dave is getting serious practice at least. We may also need a goalkeeper as well if the stories about TBo are true

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/courtois-tells-emenalo-he-wants-to-join-winning-club-and-leave-ch

Whats staggering is our home form, 5 wins all year at the Bridge and our last game is against the Champions. 18 games, 5 wins, 8 draws and 5 losses, thats an absolute disgrace.

Last night is another bloody draw for Guus but its being celebrated far too much for my liking, yes it was brilliant to stop Spurs and watch them act like a bunch of spoilt 12 year olds but at the end of the day its another draw for uncle Guus who got it all wrong last night.

Yes he threw in Hazard at HT and that turned the game but its also his fault for not starting him in the first place when hes clearly still our best player when hes on form like he was last night.

I know we beat the bottom 3 at the Bridge and Arsenal at the Bridge but I'm struggling to think who else we managed to beat to get the 5th win which leaves us 12th in the home form table, we're lucky that away from home that we're at least picking up more wins or we'd be in even more of an embarrassing position. :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I didn't really know what was happening in the scuffle at the end last night, until I saw this.

Danny Rose should have a lengthy ban coming....

• Advertisement

I didn't really know what was happening in the scuffle at the end last night, until I saw this.

Danny Rose should have a lengthy ban coming....

Guus brushed off in his post match interview with the press but Spurs should seriously see at least 2 FA bans and potentially have 3 or 4 in the horizon.

Somebody on Twitter called them Rottenham last night after those incidents and I'd agree, Pochettino has them playing a particular brand of aggressive, in your face football and last night when it mattered most, they lost the plot, they couldnt handle it and that was weakness from the players and coaching staff.

They didnt display any signs of a "winning side" who would have dug deep and pushed on for a 3rd goal instead of racking up the cards as soon as Hazard scored and kicking lumps out of players.

That style of football works if the opponent is willing to be bullied but at 2-0 down and the crowd on their backs, the Chelsea players at least responded and stood up and were counted, they can hold their heads up that they didnt get suckered in by Spurs acting up and kick off.

For those who have not seen the filth on show last night here is some from WAGNH, if that was us they would deduct enough points to have us relegated (which in fairness this season would not be too many)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/3/11574218/chelsea-tottenham-hotspur-reckless-tackles-motd

One of the highlights for me last night was Spurs fans giving Willian stick and him just pointing at his Gold Premier League badge and that was at 2-0 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I said relatively early on in the Chelsea-Spurs match thread that it seemed to me that the Spurs players had been told to leave the odd boot in. Let them know you're there, like.

I'm not saying that they didn't have the mother of all meltdowns - they patently did - but I think that their mindset from the off was Chelsea wouldn't have the appetite for a physical battle. That, for all the pre-match sledging, when push came to shove, Chelsea players would be more concerned in getting to the end of the season in one piece and ready for their holliers than battling to win. Even after the break, when even the commentators were saying Pocahontas needed to calm his players down, my guess is that he told them to keep the tempo and aggression up in the second half. What wouldn't he? They were 0-2 up using the tactic.

The meltdown was foreseeable as soon the lead was lost. In fact, it was probably the logical progression of the tactics they'd been sent out there with, once fortunes turned to shyte.

Just for funsies read the match thread (don't bother with them during the matches anymore little point with only a few posters actually trying to talk about the match) it is quite amazing how some people will condone eye gouging. Have to say I loved Hullaballo's post number 326

Graham Poll
    Tottenham could well have won at Chelsea had referee Mark Clattenburg been stronger in the early stages of the game.

Must have forgot Dembele being a thug while they were 2-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »

That alone should see them being charged with failing to control there players.

• One for Gav...

Not on the rise here, but do you know what would be funny? If Leicester signs up John Terry in the summer. He's out of contract (I think??) and has loads of love for Ranieri

Just saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Graham Poll

Must have forgot Dembele being a thug while they were 2-0 up.

Walker would have gone while it was still 0-0.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement