Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Deny Spurs and relegate Rafa, not a bad week in reflection. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Poor terry gone now. How Newcastle can't beat villa is beyond me.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Poor terry gone now. How Newcastle can't beat villa is beyond me.

Ya, its sunderlands hands now to stay up.

Was also JTs less invovlment as a chelsea player, I thnk hes going to get a 2 game ban for the red as hes been sent off already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

What is it about Chelsea v Sunderland recently. We always get a kicking. Thank god Hiddinks reign is nearly over. 2 defensive midfielders every game - against a team 3rd bottom. We had no penetration/movement at all.
    Courtois < Cech. He looks like a bargain basement keeper more and more. Costa should have had it wrapped up twice. 12 losses. 12 - from last seasons champions. Pathetic all round. As I keep saying Liverpool are going to post a cricket score against this team.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was also JTs less invovlment as a chelsea player, I thnk hes going to get a 2 game ban for the red as hes been sent off already this year.

quite fitting considering the season we have had - captain. Leader. Legend. Last game a 3-2 loss against relegation fodder and we led twice during the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was awful today, gutted that it's ending this way for JT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »

There aren't many players who could move from Chelsea to United and still be loved by the Chelsea fans. Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Wtf is it with Pato? Mind boggling transfer. You'd think Guus would've tried a couple of different formations. Remember 433? Those were better times. Christ even the midfield diamond with two up front wasn't looked at.
    At least Conte moulds his formations around the players he has at his disposal. Which he'll need to do unless we spend 200mill over the summer.

Guus Mk II goes down as one of the most disappointing managers we've ever had.

Some of his tactical calls are mind boggling at times.

Im just glad we're only 180minutes from ever having him in the dug out again.

The players have to shoulder the blame also but it harks back to Joses time too, if the players arent performing for 2 managers and the defence is worse under Guus, both managers can only expect so much blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Out of the country and hear JT got sent off?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Two yellow cards one in extra time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hope it's not his final act as a Chelsea player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Absolutely delighted💀😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted💀😂😂😂

Yeah?
    Tell us more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

On this day 2006 Damian Duff played his last game for Chelsea, looks like John terry has done the same exactly 10 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So only 2 more Guus team sheets left, no doubt against Liverpool on Wednesday we will be treated to the same old dross at this stage it is quite annoying. 2 more games then peace for a few months oh joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I actually don't know at this rate if it's possible for Chelsea to put out an eleven I'd be happy with, they've all massively hurt reputations this season (Willian exception of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lads I also think Matic is the biggest disappointment of our season, player-wise. Ivanovic - legs are going, he has some excuse. Fabregas - Has turned himself around to the extent I'd have him as next captain. Hazard - Scored v Spurs lol but I think he wants to stay etc. Costa - Done okay since Hiddink came in.

But Matic, should hang his head in shame. Where has his desire gone? He ran and ran and tackled and tackled and made us the most solid team in the league last season. He doesn't wanna do it anymore. Showed absolutely no joy at scoring the goal at the weekend either. He is the one who has completely and 100% thrown in the towel.

• Advertisement

Lads I also think Matic is the biggest disappointment of our season, player-wise. Ivanovic - legs are going, he has some excuse. Fabregas - Has turned himself around to the extent I'd have him as next captain. Hazard - Scored v Spurs lol but I think he wants to stay etc. Costa - Done okay since Hiddink came in.

But Matic, should hang his head in shame. Where has his desire gone? He ran and ran and tackled and tackled and made us the most solid team in the league last season. He doesn't wanna do it anymore. Showed absolutely no joy at scoring the goal at the weekend either. He is the one who has completely and 100% thrown in the towel.

His decline is scary. He had 2 seasons at Benfica where he went from strength to sttrength and his first season and half back with us he was immense, the last 12months or so though has been shambolic, it doesnt help either that Guus has picked Mikel no matter what he does.

There was a stat from the game the other day, Mikl has started more games this year and 95% of them under Guus, than he has in the last 2 seasons under Jose combined. Mikel, despite doing the basics ok the majority of the time is the ultimate passenger in this side and its time he goes off to pastures new.

The end of this season can't come quick enough. I'll also be backing Leicester to beat us on the last day.

Massive summer ahead.

So only 2 more Guus team sheets left, no doubt against Liverpool on Wednesday we will be treated to the same old dross at this stage it is quite annoying. 2 more games then peace for a few months oh joy.

Green shots and all that. :D

I've been very vocal on my growing dislike for Guus and what hes done here in his 6 months or so in charge.

Like any Chelsea fan, I never wanted Jose gone, it was clear as day the players were the problem but he continued to pick them, it would be the sword he'd fall on, eventually claiming some werent performing for him, here we are, a new manager and 6 months down the line and TBH, the performances are no better IMO.

Guus is doing the exact same as Jose was, picking players on merit and killing confidence. He was stupid to suggest, that the Top 4 was possible when he came in, everyone and there dog knew it was gone, the players wanted the season to be over. Also, despite going on an unbeaten run that stretched over 15 games, 14 of them under Guus, there was only 6 wins from 14 including 4 clean sheets from 14.

There was 6 score draws, 3 x 2-2 draws, 2 x 1-1 draws and 1 3-3 draw.

All 6 of these games were at Stamford Bridge.

I'd give Jose 2/10 for his first 16 games and Guus 4/10 for his subsequent 19 games.

One thing is for sure, Conte has a massive task to bring us back to anywhere near the top 4 but having no distractions other than the league might be a blessing for the squad.

Johner wrote: »
    The end of this season can't come quick enough. I'll also be backing Leicester to beat us on the last day.

Massive summer ahead.

Pool and Leicester will make changes but I cant see us getting anything from either side.

We've a decent record at Anfield but thats going to count for nothing on Wednesday and despite Leicester being in party mode, will want to see out the title in a professional manner and we're so easy to pick off on the counter they could have a field day.

One of the stranger rumours is that we're in for Pelle from Sputhampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Ah we will have some great craic for a while sure Conte has fallen out with Roman already according to some press reports.

Ah we will have some great craic for a while sure Conte has fallen out with Roman already according to some press reports.

Wouldnt be surprised, if hes seen what happened at the weekend, I'd be looking fro anyway out of the contract.

Hes on a hiding to nothing unless hes given serious backing by the board to get rid of the s**t and sign his own players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apparently he wants to bring 7 assistants but we are only giving him 4.

Seems logical to tie one arm behind his back.

Green shots and all that. :D

I've been very vocal on my growing dislike for Guus and what hes done here in his 6 months or so in charge.

Like any Chelsea fan, I never wanted Jose gone, it was clear as day the players were the problem but he continued to pick them, it would be the sword he'd fall on, eventually claiming some werent performing for him, here we are, a new manager and 6 months down the line and TBH, the performances are no better IMO.

Guus is doing the exact same as Jose was, picking players on merit and killing confidence. He was stupid to suggest, that the Top 4 was possible when he came in, everyone and there dog knew it was gone, the players wanted the season to be over. Also, despite going on an unbeaten run that stretched over 15 games, 14 of them under Guus, there was only 6 wins from 14 including 4 clean sheets from 14.

There was 6 score draws, 3 x 2-2 draws, 2 x 1-1 draws and 1 3-3 draw.

All 6 of these games were at Stamford Bridge.

I'd give Jose 2/10 for his first 16 games and Guus 4/10 for his subsequent 19 games.

One thing is for sure, Conte has a massive task to bring us back to anywhere near the top 4 but having no distractions other than the league might be a blessing for the squad.

we didn't all want him to stay - in fact we didn't all want him back. He was the master of his own downfall. Jose is the reason the players weren't playing to their ability- no one else & Jose is the one who continued to pick the players that weren't playing for him. He wanted out and he got what he & in the end the fans wanted

These are the types of rumours you get when you're no longer a champions league club

I also read that Forster from S'ton is one of the people looked at to replace Tbo if he leaves

In general thats the standard of player you're looking at without CL football

That or "mercenaries" who are happy to move for the money for a year without CL football

• Advertisement

Garzorico wrote: »
    we didn't all want him to stay - in fact we didn't all want him back. He was the master of his own downfall. Jose is the reason the players weren't playing to their ability- no one else & Jose is the one who continued to pick the players that weren't playing for him. He wanted out and he got what he & in the end the fans wanted

Flipside is, its probably down to Jose that the players over performed and were a force.

Anyone that wanted him out without the club giving him the proper support in the transfer market is pretty naive, he earned the right to have an off season, in the end it was a spectacular failure from himself and the squad but we replaced him with a washed up manager so far out of his depth its not even funny now and towards the end of his reign hes making the same mistakes that Jose did, playing players that are woefully under performing.

Contes going to come in but again, another manager not on Joses level, not yet anyway, apart from Guardiola, there probably isnt anyone else actively in the managerial game that is at their level.

It was a perfect s**t storm that everyone at the club should be held responsible, Jose so far and JT, seem to be the only people leaving on the back of our worse season since Roman took over, both would have fought to bring the club back to where it belongs but one is gone and the other is following him shortly while other players have got contracts are appear to be around for a while longer.

You'll struggle to find any significant percentage of Chelsea fans that wanted Jose gone, especially as the performances and results have gone down a largely similar path.

Make no mistake, Conte has a huge job and it remains to be seen how many of the players want to stick around for the fight and going by accounts of anyone working for Conte previosuly, the players are in for a tougher ride under the Italian which could well see us looking for another manager in 18months time, I hope I'm wrong and I hope Conte is a huge success but I've serious reservations not much about Conte but wqith the board and the clubs potential to attract the players that the squad needs to make it even somewhat relevant next year.

Just looking at Guus record again, its 1 home win in 9 games.

Our last home win was against Newcastle in Fenruary, before that Steve Holland beat Sunderland in December, Villa were beaten in October and Arsenal in typical fashion were beaten in September.

Thats it, 4 home wins, Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland and Arsenal, thats so bad its not even funny.

I have a new avatar....

Just...want you all to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Been a while since I posted in here. Season is finally nearly over haha can see a huge clear out when the window opens.

Nice to see hazard finally getting on the scoresheet aswel , you could see how much it meant to him. Do ye think he'll stay ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Been a while since I posted in here. Season is finally nearly over haha can see a huge clear out when the window opens.

Nice to see hazard finally getting on the scoresheet aswel , you could see how much it meant to him. Do ye think he'll stay ?

Unless the better players ask to leave, Courtois, Costa, Cesc, Hazard, etc, we should do all we can to keep them, we're not in a position to replace any of them with players as talented or better, not now nayway without UCL and a potntial major re-building on the horizon.

Highly rated 18 year old midfielder Renato Sanches, a Jorges Mendes cleint, is off to Bayern Munich from Benfica for about £28m.

Thats about half what Man Utd were reported to be in for him at, strange one, I was thinking we'd have a very outside chance of getting him, given our ties to Mendes, Falcao, Costa, Ramires, Pato, Jose but its equally opening questions about Jose to Utd if they couldnt get this transfer over the line.

Everyone wants to keep Mendes onside too given his client base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Highly rated 18 year old midfielder Renato Sanches, a Jorges Mendes cleint, is off to Bayern Munich from Benfica for about £28m.

Thats about half what Man Utd were reported to be in for him at, strange one, I was thinking we'd have a very outside chance of getting him, given our ties to Mendes, Falcao, Costa, Ramires, Pato, Jose but its equally opening questions about Jose to Utd if they couldnt get this transfer over the line.

Everyone wants to keep Mendes onside too given his client base.

hummels has signed too

peteeeed wrote: »
    hummels has signed too

Soooooo Ancellotti has his first Bundesliga title wrapped up already?

Soooooo Ancellotti has his first Bundesliga title wrapped up already?

Was wrapped up before he even joined tbh.

Benatia is meant to be available, I'd definitely look into him if Bonucci is unavailable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Matic being linked to ManU today, da fuq???

Yeah if Jose got the job. I don't really see it myself, I don't think the two were particularly close after he brought him on and subbed him off in the space of a few minutes.

Its on the back of the links with Jose going there.

Lukker- wrote: »

Benatia is meant to be available, I'd definitely look into him if Bonucci is unavailable.

Was a top defender for Roma the year he was there

Missed a lot of time through injury though last 2 years

Its on the back of the links with Jose going there.

He'll probably end up at United but I hope we don't sell them anyone. Would be a bit harsh to sell Matic after one bad season, nobody has covered themselves in glory apart from Willian in parts. Matic was one of our best players two seasons ago and although he has been shocking he deserves another go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Johner wrote: »
    He'll probably end up at United but I hope we don't sell them anyone. Would be a bit harsh to sell Matic after one bad season, nobody has covered themselves in glory apart from Willian in parts. Matic was one of our best players two seasons ago and although he has been shocking he deserves another go.

I don't know, Mata didn't even have a chance to have a bad season after being our player of the year!

• Advertisement

Killinator wrote: »
    I don't know, Matt didn't even have a chance to have a bad season after being our player of the year!

Mata got treated terrible though, Jose just didn't fancy him at all and didn't really give him a fair chance.

Lukker- wrote: »

I still think, rightly or wrongly, we'll end up getting Stones for an obscene amount of money, now personally, I'd rather not take him but thats down to the figure we'd have to pay, but yheres no doubting theres the makings of a quality player in there but he needs the right coach.

Even if we keep JT we need a CB to come in and marshall the backline, Ivan or Branna cant do it, Mizaga will probably be loaned out if we sign a CB and Zouma is too young and also injured for probably the first 8 weeks of the season.

I just hope we're aiming high and dont end up with another Hector style stop gap and leaving us scratching our heads.

Given Contes links to Italy he'll probably look there first but Juve and any Juve player should be reluctant to do business with us. At the moment, we're a step down, not in terms of the money we can offer but in terms of our ability to compete with the best in England, let alone Europe.

Mata matic swapsies!

Panthro wrote: »
    Mata matic swapsies!

Naaaaaaah. :o

CiHEenyWkAAlSc7.jpg

Pedro rocking a mask now, making him about the 200th player for chelsea to wear one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement