Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No ivanovic or Costa tonight.

I'm assuming we'll see Mizaga and possibily Traore start but its not beyond Guus to throw Mikel at CB in this game.

Starting XI I reckon will be :

Courtois
    Azp Mikel Cahill Rahman
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Traore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I don't care anymore :(

Roll on Sunday evening I know how Henry II felt when he said Will no one rid me of this troublesome season? paraphrased there a bit but you get my drift.

Just play some young guys Liverpool will have an eye on the EL final no need for a bruising game so why not free flowing footie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Can they just f*ck off on holiday allready ?

Roll on August ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So we'd know we're going to lose.
    The question is...
    By how much!?!

I've my own match tonight and Uncharted 4 just landed in the door so I'll be avoiding the hiding we're going to get. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not looking forward to tonight, I think we will take a bit of a beating.

Johner wrote: »
    Not looking forward to tonight, I think we will take a bit of a beating.

Ya, Im expecting it myself TBH.

I'm not too bothered but I'll still moan about his team selection afterwards. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

afternoon gossip

– Chelsea could reportedly offload Diego Costa to finally lure Gonzalo Higuain to the Premier League (AS)

– Chelsea have reportedly held talks about moving to the Olympic Stadium with West Ham – but only as a back-up to their Wembley plan (Daily Mail)

– Chelsea have set their sights on Juventus winger Kwadwo Asamoah, with Roman Abramovich reportedly willing to spend £20million on the player (Gazzetta dello Sport)

– Real Madrid transfer target Thibaut Courtois is set for fresh talks with Antonio Conte over his Chelsea future (Daily Mirror)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Panthro wrote: »
    So we'd know we're going to lose.
    The question is...
    By how much!?!

5-0 hiding. Embarrassing will not be the word.

I'll be watching some David Attenborough docs tonight ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ratchet and clank ftw!

peteeeed wrote: »
    afternoon gossip

– Chelsea could reportedly offload Diego Costa to finally lure Gonzalo Higuain to the Premier League (AS)

– Chelsea have reportedly held talks about moving to the Olympic Stadium with West Ham – but only as a back-up to their Wembley plan (Daily Mail)

– Chelsea have set their sights on Juventus winger Kwadwo Asamoah, with Roman Abramovich reportedly willing to spend £20million on the player (Gazzetta dello Sport)

– Real Madrid transfer target Thibaut Courtois is set for fresh talks with Antonio Conte over his Chelsea future (Daily Mirror)

Last thing we need is another winger/support player.

Sell oscar, cuadrado and pedro, keep and play kenedy, thats my solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Chelsea Football Club can confirm we have mutually agreed with adidas to end our longstanding partnership at the end of the 2016/17 season...

Soby wrote: »
    Chelsea Football Club can confirm we have mutually agreed with adidas to end our longstanding partnership at the end of the 2016/17 season...

Thats bloody strange.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/05/chelsea-and-adidas-go-into-final-year-of-partnership.html

The deal, had I think another few years left, so hoping we've got something seriously lined up for next year.

TBH, I hate Nike kits, I much prefer Adidas gear so I wont be getting any Chelsea jersey made by Nike.

Two suggestions, Adidas have said, nah you're grand and dumped us because of the season, or more likely, Chelsea have paid up to be released from the Adidas deal to get a bigger deal elsewhere.

REmember, our Adidas deal was the biggest at the time and then got eclipsed by other kit deals so theres money there and we were locked in with Adidas until 2023 I think while others got much more money than us.

I still dont want a Nike shirt though. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Ooooh or are adidas running from a sinking ship :pac:

Might as well, half the squad want to join them. :o

Chelsea team to play Liverpool: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Mikel, Cahill, Baba; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traore.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Chelsea team to play Liverpool: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Mikel, Cahill, Baba; Fabregas, Matic; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traore.

Mikel at CB good Lord will this season ever end

• Advertisement

Mikel at CB good Lord will this season ever end

Could be three across the back?

what channel is this match on ?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sky Sports 2.

Anyone still wanna get rid of Courtois just has to look at who the number 2 is.

Still though, a draw away isnt bad. Was weird to see anfield so quiet for 90 mins.

2 Shi*e teams but we'll finish above them next year.

On a big plus though, Sunderland have relegated Rafa, thats always a good thing.

Entertaining enough end of season fare.

Not really tested but Obi was ok at CB in fairness
    Baba is a good defender have to start with him and Dave next season
    Either Begovic is rusty, low in confidence or not good enough
    Was Hazard injured? Been real Haz since coming back.

One more game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

GavRedKing wrote: »
    On a big plus though, Sunderland have relegated Rafa, thats always a good thing.

Dont understand this :confused: did he not win you a europa league and get top four for the club

Entertaining enough end of season fare.

Not really tested but Obi was ok at CB in fairness - Any team that cant test Mikel at CB arent doing well enough
    Baba is a good defender have to start with him and Dave next season - Ya, he needs a consistent run in the team.
    Either Begovic is rusty, low in confidence or not good enough - Sh*t, he flaps at way too much, Courtois is a much better goalkeeper.
    Was Hazard injured? Been real Haz since coming back. - I'd say hes getting back to fitness for the Euros whether thats good or not is only a plus for us if hes still here in Spetember.

One more game

Above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

ricero wrote: »
    Dont understand this :confused: did he not win you a europa league and get top four for the club

Hear hear

ricero wrote: »

He done alright, we ended up further away from winning a league after bringing him in and slipping down the table, we only secured 4th in the last 2 games, away to Villa I think.

We were even more poxed in the Europa League than the UCL run, IMO. we were brutal in nearly every round.

I also dont like newcastle, that stems from before Rafas time though, if they keep him they'll be straight back up no doubt, much better chance than Villa of coming straight back.

Have to say until recently I had a soft spot for the barcodes but have always disliked Sunderland. Would have prefered Norwich to stay up but delighted to see him relegated indeed, almost certainly won't stick around though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd have been sick if Norwich stayed up. They are nothing short of an insult to the EPL.

I'd have been sick if Norwich stayed up. They are nothing short of an insult to the EPL.

really ?

Dont want to rant too much but thank f**k we're only 90mins away from Mikel over Mizaga at CB, and no RLC in the team.

Both should have played last night, if you cant play them in dead rubbers, especially the CB, at CB over Mikel, theres something up.

Sticking with Mikel is nearly as bad as Jose sticking with Ivanovic at RB from the early days of the season.

Ipswich your 2nd team ?
    :D

How can you say that :D:D:D

I like Colemans mustard so leave them alone .....

Somethings never change.
    Liverpool fans were told to stop taking seats from the Anfield Main Stand after Wednesday night's 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

Any light-fingered match-goers, however, were blasted with a stern warning over the tannoy system - suggesting that action could be taken against them should they steal anything.

Somethings never change.

They're upgrading from hubcaps

In other news, Uncharted 4 is good craic, was much better than watching a draw last night anyway.

In other news, Uncharted 4 is good craic, was much better than watching a draw last night anyway.

As is Ratchet and Clank

One of the only pluses from last night was it showed us that a fit and bothered Hazard is still easily one of, if not the best players in the league.

Of course a few good cameos when the league is over means next to nothing but if he keeps it up hes going to have a good Euros campaign and that will either rocket his value back up if he wants out or he'll come back ready to go and drive us on.

• Advertisement

One thing to add on Newcastles relegation, I wonder will we make a move for Mitrovic?

We were supposedly interested back in the summer and with newcastle going down he might not be a bad back up option to Costa and Traore, still young and he likes to throw himself around the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No thanks, don't think he's good enough even as a back up. Decent player but nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I wouldn't mind Mitrovic, very much in the Costa tyle of forward, though he can control his temper a lot better. He can score goals but I'm not entirely convinced of his record.

I don't know if it's because he was at a team that struggled to score or he's still adapting to the league or whatever. He's only 21 and made a lot of sub apperances so I reckon he's one for the future.

One thing to add on Newcastles relegation, I wonder will we make a move for Mitrovic?

We were supposedly interested back in the summer and with newcastle going down he might not be a bad back up option to Costa and Traore, still young and he likes to throw himself around the pitch.

no way , he's madder than costa

afternoon gossip
    – Six top European sides are reportedly considering deals for out of favour Real Madrid playmaker James Rodriguez, including Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea (AS)

– Chelsea are set to submit a fresh bid for Borussia Dortmund winger Henrikh Mkhitaryan (TMW)

– Arsenal have expressed interest in Roma defender Kostas Manolas but Chelsea are favourites to sign the 24-year-old (Squawka)

– They are also keeping close tabs on Manolas’ teammate Antonio Rudiger but have been told by Juventus they have no chance of taking Leonardo Bonucci to Stamford Bridge (Squawka)

– The Blues may rival Arsenal for Alvaro Morata. Real Madrid are expected to activate a £23.7m buy-back clause in the player’s contract and then sell him on for around £30m (Squawka)

– Guus Hiddink remains ‘hopeful’ that John Terry’s future will be resolved ‘for the best’ (Independent)

– Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao has confirmed he is returning to Ligue 1 Monaco, after being told he is no longer needed by the Blues (Mirror)

<<INSERT MICHAEL SCOTT GIF OF NO NO NO NO NO NO HERE>>

peteeeed wrote: »
    – Guus Hiddink remains ‘hopeful’ that John Terry’s future will be resolved ‘for the best’ (Independent)

The thing is that his agent is probably saying 'well JT can get 300k PW in china, you'll have to match that to get him to stay'

duploelabs wrote: »
    The thing is that his agent is probably saying 'well JT can get 300k PW in china, you'll have to match that to get him to stay'

I think he took a wage cut to stay on last year, well.....down from like 170k to 150k or something like that.

Theres no way we'll pay him more but it just looks like theres no deal being offered at all and its not a case of money JT has made it all, he could drop to 75k a week and live like a king and take a 1 year deal and if the club offered it he'd probably take it too.

Just on Mitrovic, he had a good record in Belgium and I reckon with a much better side than Newcastle, he'd easily push 15 + league goals.

In saying that, I'd prefer if we aimed higher with our ambition and I cant imagine Conte knows anything at all about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Saw a mock up of Nike jerseys on Twitter...

The away kit is savage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement