Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Do Nike have a template like that on any current kit?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The away one has an Inter vibe to it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Do Nike have a template like that on any current kit?
    The first one is very similar to Dinamow Moscow I think?

hots wrote: »
    The first one is very similar to Dinamow Moscow I think?

I meant a style similar to the away kit, I cant recall anyone, off the top of my head with a vertical stripe by the crest and one band on one sleeve.

It is however a good mock up but its not certain that we'll even end up with Nike as a sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

There better looking than the current adidas offerings, I'm not a fan of Nike kits but that adidas one is disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

The away one is like the reverse of the Bray home jersey.

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Is it Nike lads or just rumors?

Rumours so far.

Theyre the next biggest company so I think its just putting two and two together, although as long as the club gets the most money, the kit could be made by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Are City the only major club in England with Nike shirts?

They have a few other high profile clubs such as PSG, Athletico and Barca so it could be a good shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

They had Arsenal and Man U fairly recently, didn't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

They had Arsenal and Man U fairly recently, didn't they?

Yea I think they did maybe the timing is good if they are sore at losing out to Adidas at United and Puma at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Doesn't matter if JT stays for me; all good things come to an end; he's a club legend but I feel it would be for nostalgia reasons, last season he excelled in majority of games and hid his age at times and rightly deserved the extension.

This year got awfully exposed, of course all the blame doesn't lie solely on him but I would question if he can play a significant role next year, saying that Cahill was never a rock at the back and needs replacing too.

Zouma will be back but we need to enter market for at least 2 top defenders I never want to see John Obi in the heart of defense again.

Hmmm if this is true then there might be a lot more to the Adidas thing that meets the eye?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/13/chelsea-overtake-manchester-united-as-premier-leagues-top-shirt-sellers-5879405/?

The new chief executive seems to be making a few waves at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

If Conte favours 3 at the back, then I would think that could suit JT and extend his Blues career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Terry has been offered a one year contract, Terry has yet to accept or decline

redman85 wrote: »
    Terry has been offered a one year contract, Terry has yet to accept or decline

Have you any source for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Have you any source for that?

Yeah, Steve Atkins just announced it at the start of the press conference.
    It is announced in the press conference that John Terry has been offered a one-year contract extension. John is considering the offer. #CFC

• Advertisement

Kind of puts it up to him I guess. Money would be better in China I would imagine but does he really want to stay?

Thats a sneaky move by the club, although JT did break protocol by saying no contract was on the table.

However, just because they offered a contract doesnt mean anything, they could have offered him 10 quid, highly unlikely, but I cant see any contract offered to him being anywhere near his current deal of 150k a week or there abouts.

The ball is in JTs court though for now and I reckon he'll sign.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I reckon he'd sign it if it was £10 a week and then play the poor mouth and it would be a hit with the fans.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

peteeeed wrote: »
    really ?
    Ipswich your 2nd team ?
    :D
    How can you say that :D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXM6BOXBCIc

I like Colemans mustard so leave them alone .....

Yes, I thought you'd know by now I have an irrational hatred for Norwich City and this is for absolutely no discernible reason whatsoever!?

It could be because Delia Smith made my gf think it's ok not to wash mushrooms and I'm sick of getting grit in my soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It could be because Delia Smith made my gf think it's ok not to wash mushrooms and I'm sick of getting grit in my soup.
    Use a pastry brush on them to get rid of the dirt, I lost years of my life in a kitchen of a certain michelin starred restaurant brushing a hape of morels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Naingolan is after saying he's staying at Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lukker- wrote: »
    Naingolan is after saying he's staying at Roma.

Doing a Fabian Delph hopefully :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Playing the kids today I see!

That sums the season up, finished 10th.

Was good a few of the young lads got game time but today was another day wasted for rlc.

At least there was no mikel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Thank God that's over. Hiddink made a good point in his presser after the match in response to whether Chelsea could have actually been relegated before he took over...he said look at Leicester winning the league - stranger things have happened. If we had kept Jose we would have been relegated.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Thank God that's over. Hiddink made a good point in his presser after the match in response to whether Chelsea could have actually been relegated before he took over...he said look at Leicester winning the league - stranger things have happened. If we had kept Jose we would have been relegated.

Doubt it

Some perspective: Hiddink's win rate this season has been 37%. Mourinho's was 38% for the 24 games he was in charge. Worth the sacking? #cfc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bring me Conte and early transfers done and dusted and let's get cracking.

Panthro wrote: »
    Bring me Conte and early transfers done and dusted and let's get cracking.

One extra reason to cheer for Ireland at the Euros

To send Conte to Cobham asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

What's the thought on RLC will he make it with Chelsea as seems to be like Oscar and waltz around the pitch.
    Be interesting to see who will be sold or want to leave.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    What's the thought on RLC will he make it with Chelsea as seems to be like Oscar and waltz around the pitch.

I'd give him more of a chance than Oscar at this stage

We're gonna have to bring someone homegrown through soon, so it makes sense to keep faith in RLC, even if he didn't push on like maybe he could have

Could be our Alli or Rashford next year given the proper chance

We're gonna have to bring someone homegrown through soon, so it makes sense to keep faith in RLC, even if he didn't push on like maybe he could have

I think your man Kelechi Inehanco (sp) had a better season than both of them but the key thing is to start and keep them in the team.

RLC didnt start any of the last 5 games. Its a joke so thankfully Guus is signed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Tubbs4 wrote: »

The only thing is Conte has no reason to play these kids really, he hasn't seen what they can do or grown any loyalty to them... Hopefulyl he takes a flyer on one or two but he could just as easily keep them limited to the usual 10mins here and there.

Any reviews on tomori yesterday? I was watching in a pub from a mile away so couldn't really see how he did. Thought Abraham got into some good positions but was very snatchy, similar to Traore in that respect.

Conte is on record as saying that if your good enough your old enough (I read somewhere this is the line he spun with Pogba). If so he should really have plenty of talent at his disposal from the academy - well you would hope.

I am just glad this season is now consigned to history and we can look forward, at least until Christmas when Guus is brought back again :(:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We probably have a little room at the back of the Bridge where we put Guus in cold storage until needed again :)
    Conte is on record as saying that if your good enough your old enough (I read somewhere this is the line he spun with Pogba). If so he should really have plenty of talent at his disposal from the academy - well you would hope.

I am just glad this season is now consigned to history and we can look forward, at least until Christmas when Guus is brought back again :(:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

bullpost wrote: »
    We probably have a little room at the back of the Bridge where we put Guus in cold storage until needed again :)

Aye, take nothing for Avram Granted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Chelsea fined £375,000 and Spurs £225,000 for failing to control their players. How exactly did the FA come to the conclusion that Chelsea deserved a bigger fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

We have previous fines this year so could be that. At least the season is over and should finish higher than 10th next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So according to the Telegraph and WAGNH this is the basis of the next JT contract or at least the change of conditions. The only surprising thing there is Cahill being ranked ahead of JT - common sense would suggest we sign a new centre half as for the captaincy let Conte decide, if he feels JT will play a lot of games then let it be if not someone else no big deal.

"Chelsea's proposal would require Terry to accept a cut to his basic wage, with the club warning that Conte will sign a new central defender and that Kurt Zouma and Gary Cahill could start next season ahead of him in the pecking order."

"[...] Terry would be likely to remain club captain with another player assuming the on-pitch captaincy. Terry, however, will be confident that he can convince Conte that he is worth a place in his team."

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2016/5/17/11688954/conte-new-deal-central-defneder-chelsea

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I love the little trip at the end funny that, I believe that is his son Leo he is playing about with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Azpili, Cesc and Pedro in the Spain squad. Costa didn't make it which isn't surprising given he's injured but also that Del Bosque clearly isn't a huge fan of his, he's not really suited to Spains style of play either. I don't see Spain winning it anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement