Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Would you take Rafa back?

.....walks away whistling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

be grand. its only one season.

idiots, anyone wanting him sacked. having a bad season, but well get over it. its not the end of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Few rumblings that he is refusing to speak to media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

fozz10 wrote: »

idiots, anyone wanting him sacked. having a bad season, but well get over it. its not the end of the world

It's the not qualifying for the CL is the issue. That's a no-no. If he doesn't qualify and it increasingly looks that way then he deserves to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Unearthly wrote: »

Him or the backroom staff won't be talking to the media. It's probably for the best, not from a neutral point of few obviously.

They should send Costa without a translator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Take a look at Jose after we equalised. His heart is not in it - he looks like doesn't give a toss.

Sooner he's gone and we start again the better.

BRog as 'the interim one' all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

No post match interview or conference?

fozz10 wrote: »

Not getting Champions League with this group of players should be a sackable offence, I don't care who's in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nalz wrote: »
    No post match interview or conference?

nope, straight onto team bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I feel like we're witnessing a very public mental breakdown with Mourinho.

Very true and its not a laughing matter IMO. The man needs a break from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Lukker- wrote: »
    Not getting Champions League with this group of players should be a sackable offence, I don't care who's in charge.

That group of players isn't actually that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Will Jose get a fine for not talking to the media ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Looks at last seasons winners...

Disagrees with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is he trying to get sacked? He's totally gone off the rails in the last two months.

• Advertisement

Only City have a squad that can match Chelsea's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Roberto Di Matteo is free, I think he left whatever German club he was at during the summer.

He worked out well in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can't see Chelsea getting top 4 with their current league form, and I can't see them winning the CL to get back into the CL next year.
    Maybe 3rd in the group stage of the CL and try the Europa route?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm starting to think the sooner we axe him the sooner we can start rebuilding. He's brought too much negativity to the club this year and it's completely overshadowed everything. He's a magnet for drama and I think he's shown his worst traits this season. He wants to be SAF mk2 but tbh, I don't think that is possible anymore. Players have too much power and the media won't let him away with anything. He needs to seriously mellow out if he ever wants to stay at a club for more then 3 years because his management is too fractious. I think for him to succeed he'd need to overhaul the squad again and with the quality that is there, I don't think that is necessary.

what do you regard as rebuilding though? Abramovich through Vilas Boas tried, Benitez tried, Mourinho said he would..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

brevity wrote: »

The "man" doesn't deserve sympathy from anyone. He brought all this on himself with his antics over the years.

You act like a d8ck and you will be treated like one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

First 11 yes but is the squad that good.

Panthro wrote: »
    Looks at last seasons winners...

Disagrees with you

Limped over the line, helped in no small part by very good fortune on the injury front. Paying for it this season, players are wrecked and unmotivated. Bench is weak.

United and Arsenal too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

So called Chelsea "fans" here and everywhere claiming they want Jose out, shame on ye.

I understand we've had a horrid start but that's an overreaction to say he should be sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I hope he hangs on in there for a bit. Great craic week on week. It'll be interesting when over time the stories come out of when exactly he lost the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

So called Chelsea "fans" here and everywhere claiming they want Jose out, shame on ye.

I understand we've had a horrid start but that's an overreaction to say he should be sacked

I don't want him sacked but I wouldn't be that bothered if he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Limped over the line,
    by 8 points, yep definitely limped....

duploelabs wrote: »
    by 8 points, yep definitely limped....

Ye dropped off significantly second half of last season, the decline is continuing this season. City, United and Arsenal are all stronger than last season too. Chelsea didn't adequately strengthen during the summer.

There's definitely something in this third season syndrome with Mourinho, it's too much of a coincidence now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

There's definitely something in this third season syndrome with Mourinho, it's too much of a coincidence now.

I think he gets bored.

Either that or his methods in the club are so abrasive that people just get fed up and start pushing back at him. I mean this really all started with the Dr Eva nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Either that or his methods in the club are so abrasive that people just get fed up and start pushing back at him. I mean this really all started with the Dr Eva nonsense.

But does all the "Jose being Jose" stuff increase because he isn't enjoying it at a club anymore. He went from "happy" to OK to clearly not happy at all. That Waterford whispers thing with Mourinho out mind gaming Mourinho has a ring of truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

brevity wrote: »

It is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The only person gaining from this is David Moyes.

No longer the worst defence of a PL title ever.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I'd never wish for Jose to be sacked or leave. I feel the blame has to be placed at Romans feet, our transfer dealings in the summer stink. Players foisted on the manager and obvious needed targets missed. The dressing room is being lost and the only way to truly back the manager is to spend in January and send a message to the players who aren't bothered anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hes getting sacked in the morning.

dfx- wrote: »
    what do you regard as rebuilding though? Abramovich through Vilas Boas tried, Benitez tried, Mourinho said he would..

And he has. He has laid an excellent foundation. I meant more a rebuilding of confidence. I think the squad itself is a couple of players away from challenging for the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

No longer the worst defence of a PL title ever.

Pointless analogy. Moyes didn't win a title, so he wasn't defending anything.

McDave wrote: »
    Pointless analogy. Moyes didn't win a title, so he wasn't defending anything.

Moyes had the team that won the Premier League, and was expected to compete for the title. He was the manager who was defending the title that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Probably the greatest impact/short term manager of all time though?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Moyes had the team that won the Premier League, and was expected to compete for the title. He was the manager who was defending the title that season.
    Read my lips.

Moyes did nothing. Jose took a squad, knocked it back into shape, and with a couple of astute signings won a title.

But surely if Moyes inheriting the Champions has been used as a stick to beat him then it is ok to use it in that regard also?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

McDave wrote: »
    Read my lips.

Moyes did nothing. Jose took a squad, knocked it back into shape, and with a couple of astute signings won a title.

Moyes put a title winning team down to 7th place, he did more than enough :P

RobertKK wrote: »
    Moyes put a title winning team down to 7th place, he did more than enough :P

You need some perspective.

Really? Given a choice between Moyes at Utd and Mou at CFC, which position would any other manager choose to be in? Jose, of course.

So, precisely how in this scenario is Moyes a winner?

!!!

Gaining is not a winner though. Pretty important point you know, Moyes record at United as a defending champion squad is looking less **** due to the incredible ****eness of Chelsea's start to the season, there are no winners here.

Also, I know the club is in the ****ter at the moment but there is no point in pretending fans don't take the piss out of each other in times like these all in the name of "bantz"

Keep a sense of humour about things, it is after all only the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I bet 4 months ago you all would have laughed hysterically at the mere hint of comparing the great Jose with David fecking Moyes

Football is crazy

I think it's past the point of no return for Jose now, and he only has himself to blame really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

First of , I don't want Jose to leave, I think he is the only man for the job, no one else will want it , and if they do - it will be to get fired after a season for the $$$$ ... so we need to stick with Jose.

Problem is, if it's true what Graeme Le Saux was saying about a number of players having a nickname for Jose like "the special cúnt" or something similar - and is catching on .... then it's over ... hate to say it , but there is no way back from that kind of disrespect from the dressing room.

I think this is the beginning of a freefall drop for Chelsea, the club will probably cease to exist in 5-10 years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I think this is the beginning of a freefall drop for Chelsea, the club will probably cease to exist in 5-10 years time.

Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Jesus

Bookmark the post, then in 5 years time, print it , frame it, hang it up in your kitchen !!!

22260444868_f418504b57_n.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

will Roman want to keep investing in the club though? Hes spent a truckload already and god knows how much else on wages. I really really hope that Chelsea is proven not to work. For the fans it would be awful and I get that but having a billionaire just come in and spend a load of money (in Abramovich's case it was a way to escape Putin and the various crime syndicates he was involved with) is just reckless. Football shouldn't be built on the back of corruption and crime and a horrible feudal society (hello Sheik Mansour).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And he has. He has laid an excellent foundation. I meant more a rebuilding of confidence. I think the squad itself is a couple of players away from challenging for the champions league.

Really? I think the greatest failing of this squad is that everything has been engineered towards Mourinho making it work in his own inimitable way.

If he goes I don't see anyone getting much else out of a Mourinho team given the age profile.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement