Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Johner wrote: »
    Azpili, Cesc and Pedro in the Spain squad. Costa didn't make it which isn't surprising given he's injured but also that Del Bosque clearly isn't a huge fan of his, he's not really suited to Spains style of play either. I don't see Spain winning it anyway.

Costa had better hit the ground running next season

Ditto for Matic, neither of them have Euros to contend with so they have no excuses for a poor start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He must be fairly injured. Only a couple of weeks ago Del Bosque was saying that they were going to persist with Costa as their main striker. Him coming back fat like last season would be my only worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I thought Costa had last summer off came back a few stone over weight don't be holding the breath there :eek:

New gaffer, hopefully they all come back in with something to prove. Terry always seems to be back a few weeks early, hopefully he'll be back to lead by example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Having won the last 2 years at least, I've managed to scrape my way up to 2nd in our fantasy league after a terrible start. Can Chelsea have a respectable finish now themselves with no other competitions to distract them?

Michael I won't be catching you, enjoy the crown!

Well I've now won our fantasy league for the third time in a row! Surely I go down in history for this?

To be honest it may have been more than 3 in a row

New kit deal is £60m pound per year with Nike according to Matt Law from the Telegraph. Supposedly 10 year deal, so £600m overall.

Jazj6_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Lukker- wrote: »
    New kit deal is £60m pound per year with Nike according to Matt Law from the Telegraph. Supposedly 10 year deal, so £600m overall.

Jazj6_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=search&f=.gif

boom

Non too shabby I guess add on ST£40m for the match shirt sponsor and ST£10m for training gear sponsors is a cool ST£110m a year - I would work for that.

Well I've now won our fantasy league for the third time in a row! Surely I go down in history for this?

Well done old bean, Had my worst season for years Christmas period done for me still won the works league after being about 100 points off the pace with 5 games to go sneaked it by 1 point ..... from a Liverpool supporter :p. Took a chance bougth Giroud and made him captain this weekend got me over the line.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great news!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Fair play, kind of fell apart for me in the last few weeks and ye closed a fair bit of a gap! There's always next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Great news that terry is to remain next season, we need his influence in the dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If JT doesnt start next season for Conte, Cesc should be the captain.

4 years ago today

Ah happy days Peteeeed no history what - still the last English team to win a European trophy :D:D:D:D

afternoon gossip

– Incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte will launch a double bid for Roma pair Kostas Manolas, 24, and Radja Nainggolan, 28, this summer (London Evening Standard)

– Chelsea defender John Terry, 35, has agreed to take a £100,000-a-week pay cut to stay at Stamford Bridge (Sun)

– Chelsea are still keen on signing a centre-back, more specifically Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci (The Times)

– Chelsea have a ‘verbal agreement’ in place to sign Juventus winger Kwadwo Asamoah (Daily Express)

• Advertisement

Bonucci would be an exceptional signing, he'd bring on Zouma and Christensen too in the years to come.

Bonucci and Zouma would be a great pairing.

Hopefully he'll want to work under Conte again.

Rumours that we are seriously interested in Higuain, Lukaku and Morata. Obviously we would only sign one, but we are willing to shop around. I have a feeling we could potentially see 2 up front next season.

Wouldn't surprise me neither to see 2 upfront, but I wonder will Costa be one of them?????

Also the reported ST£60 odd million for Lukaku is nuts half closer to the mark. Give Abraham's a run instead of that looney money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Wouldn't surprise me neither to see 2 upfront, but I wonder will Costa be one of them?????

Also the reported ST 60 odd million for Lukaku is nuts half closer to the mark. Give Abraham's a run instead of that looney money.
    The last thing you'd want it Lukaku and Costa as your striking options, neither of them have any ball control or play making ability at all. Lukaku would be a nice target man alternative but Costa already does half of that role... You want your second striker to offer something different, a bit of pace or the ability to create for others would be high enough on my list for a potential newbie. Higuain is tipping on a bit imo and his price will be monstrous... Morata I like the sound of a lot more.

hots wrote: »
    The last thing you'd want it Lukaku and Costa as your striking options, neither of them have any ball control or play making ability at all. Lukaku would be a nice target man alternative but Costa already does half of that role... You want your second striker to offer something different, a bit of pace or the ability to create for others would be high enough on my list for a potential newbie. Higuain is tipping on a bit imo and his price will be monstrous... Morata I like the sound of a lot more.

I like Marota too, definitely would be something different. He hasn't had a great season though.

Think I'd prefer Higuain, although as mentioned he is getting on a bit.

Higuain is very similar to Costa, can't see a reason to sign him if Costa's staying

Higuain is very similar to Costa, can't see a reason to sign him if Costa's staying

I wouldn't say they are very similar, I think Higuain is better anyway. He's much better at linking the play, better on the ball and is a better finisher. I've a feeling Costa will be off back to Atletico in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I wouldn't say they are very similar, I think Higuain is better anyway. He's much better at linking the play, better on the ball and is a better finisher. I've a feeling Costa will be off back to Atletico in the summer.

Id hope Costa stays. If he's firing on all cylinders he's some man to have up front.

• Advertisement

Poor Juan Mata

Poor Juan Mata

I'd take him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd take him back.

Only if they take mikel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Sky news reporting Hiddick staying on. As a supportive role or maybe just a back up manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Sky news reporting Hiddick staying on. As a supportive role or maybe just a back up manager.

Mentioning him the to help promote youth??
    Really ffs, he **** the course himself when it came to youth !!!

Anyway at least the euros are coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

phobia2011 wrote: »

Euros? shop window stuff for Cesc and hazz.
    Makes me sick to be honest.

phobia2011 wrote: »

A very strange role, hes in Romans good books but I cant see him being involved in day to day stuff at Cobham.

It is difficult to know what to make of that. It was very well signalled that he was moving upstairs to some sort of a position but does he have any idea our youth set up. He had a chance to play some and failed miserably really, Liverpool away for me was the very last straw an absolutely dead rubber, Liverpool (quite rightly) with their eyes on the EL and possible CL qualification for next season to start the team he did really shows a total lack of awareness for me.

Hopefully he will be a kindly uncle type figure and no more.

It is difficult to know what to make of that. It was very well signalled that he was moving upstairs to some sort of a position but does he have any idea our youth set up. He had a chance to play some and failed miserably really, Liverpool away for me was the very last straw an absolutely dead rubber, Liverpool (quite rightly) with their eyes on the EL and possible CL qualification for next season to start the team he did really shows a total lack of awareness for me.

Hopefully he will be a kindly uncle type figure and no more.

Well we've a huge summer ahead of us, all the loan players coming back, some might be kept, a small minority, we might lose some superstars and we might sign some good players.

All I want from the Euros is Italy to come 4th and Conte to start ASAP. :o

• Advertisement

When does Pogba watch 2016 start?

when do united announce our sloppys?

• peteeeed wrote: »
    whwn do united announce our sloppys?

Me personally I'm not jumping for joy. Jose is not my preferred choice.
    But I'm willing to give him a chance. Just don't believe he's going to have an immediate impact on the pitch that some fans are expecting. It's going to take time.
    What he will allow Utd to do is have an immediate impact in the transfer market this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

peteeeed wrote: »

Sloppy manager, Lvg moving up, and Bobby Charlton in overwatch. Clash of egos?

peteeeed wrote: »

I'm assuming this week, probably tomorrow.

I wish them and Jose every success in all the competitions we're not in, so I hop ehe wins the Europa League and finishes 17th. :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Me personally I'm not jumping for joy. Jose is not my preferred choice.
    But I'm willing to give him a chance. Just don't believe he's going to have an immediate impact on the pitch that some fans are expecting. It's going to take time.
    What he will allow Utd to do is have an immediate impact in the transfer market this summer.

I expect a Utd title challenege, like his first season back with us when we finished 3rd and were in the title race up until the last 3 or 4 games and then kick on once hes gutted the squad and brought in his own players.

Wonder what will happen to Giggs, Jose has his own staff he likes to work with.

• Advertisement

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I expect a Utd title challenege, like his first season back with us when we finished 3rd and were in the title race up until the last 3 or 4 games and then kick on once hes gutted the squad and brought in his own players.

Wonder what will happen to Giggs, Jose has his own staff he likes to work with.

Rumour has it there may be a stint with the Under 21s position but take it with a pinch of salt.
    There's going to be alot of bull**** posted on twitter in the next few days

I'm not bitter about it at all, he's a club legend but there was just no more he could give or do for Chelsea, it was the right decision for us to get rid. There was always a big chance he'd end up at United and as long at they finish behind us I don't mind. :P He'll get some reception back at the Bridge, it's going to be strange though!

Rumour has it there may be a stint with the Under 21s position but take it with a pinch of salt.

I did think Giggs might stay and manage the youth or U21 team. I don't think he has the brains to become a decent manager, seems like he has absolutely nothing going on upstairs.

Thats a given, its a cesspool for ITK's and "exclusives".

I cant see Giggs leaving or being forced out though, he'll surely be given a role somewhere, your man Rui Faria is Joses right hand man but he kept on Steve Holland too so it stands to reason Giggs could be an assistant first team coach too, like Faria.

• Johner wrote: »
    I'm not bitter about it at all, he's a club legend but there was just no more he could give or do for Chelsea, it was the right decision for us to get rid. There was always a big chance he'd end up at United and as long at they finish behind us I don't mind. :P He'll get some reception back at the Bridge, it's going to be strange though!

He still has love for Chelsea but the feeling is he's always wanted the Utd job since Fergie retired. I'm hoping this is the drive he needs to be sucessfull for us.
    I would expect a warm atmosphere for him at Stamford Bridge

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement