Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Chelsea lads are doing well in the Toulon tournament if wonder if RLC and Baker will get runs next season, could do worse me thinks Baker looks very tasty indeed.

RLC would start for a good deal of EPL teams right now I think. He just needs games. Bakers goal wsa very Lampard esque alright though, good technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Indeed Gav I think both of them could play a part next season, though I really do believe that MvG will come to the fore have high hopes for him.

If we can get a striker and a few defenders next season could yet be OK we do not need a huge squad at best we will play 50 games or so.

Indeed Gav I think both of them could play a part next season, though I really do believe that MvG will come to the fore have high hopes for him.

If we can get a striker and a few defenders next season could yet be OK we do not need a huge squad at best we will play 50 games or so.

I'd hope Conte would rotate the bench and youngsters for the Captial 1 cup at least, happens a lot in Europe that the first team is rested for the cup competitions.

We've 38 games to get back to the top 4 and our small squad should easily be able to handle that. Most of the players have played 50+ games for the last 3 or 4 years.

Lets play transfer bingo, what day will we announce our first signing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »

Midnight before the first game

• Advertisement

I'm going guess just before the Euros, so about 2 weeks.

It'll pure be an underwhelming signing too. :o

Torn between 2 dates 21st June or 30th August leaning toward the latter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Willian being linked to United for £60m, what do people think?

I'd sell if we could sign Griezmann. We'd probably have to include Costa too so we'd also have to sign Morata/Higuain/Lukaku :p

Lukker- wrote: »
    Willian being linked to United for £60m, what do people think?

I'd sell if we could sign Griezmann. We'd probably have to include Costa too so we'd also have to sign Morata/Higuain/Lukaku :p

I think the papers are trying to shift a few copies and get a few clicks if im honest.

If it is true though, I'd pack his bags myself and drive him to Old Trafford, hes a work horse but I feel we even overpaid for him in the first instance.

He doesnt score enough and he doesnt create enough if im being critical but he is willing to do the defensive side of the game that not many wingers can and also be a good player to lead a counter attack just dont expect him to score or setup a goal on the back of it. :o

Torn between 2 dates 21st June or 30th August leaning toward the latter

Better game, when will Conte be sacked/leave. :o

I'm guessing after about 20 games or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Willian was our best player last season, not hope I'd sell him to United for any money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Willian being linked to United for 60m, what do people think?

Not a fear of Willian going, he's one of the few (only?) players that has improved over the last few seasons... and he would potentially fit the wide roles that Conte seems to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

hots wrote: »
    Not a fear of Willian going, he's one of the few (only?) players that has improved over the last few seasons... and he would potentially fit the wide roles that Conte seems to use.

I see Conte more adapting to whatever squad he ends up with. The club will go after his targets but will still sign players on their own prerogative. The DOF role is here to stay it seems. Thankfully he's used to operating under these conditions

Willian being linked to United for 60m, what do people think?

I think the papers are trying to shift a few copies and get a few clicks if im honest.

If it is true though, I'd pack his bags myself and drive him to Old Trafford, hes a work horse but I feel we even overpaid for him in the first instance.

He doesnt score enough and he doesnt create enough if im being critical but he is willing to do the defensive side of the game that not many wingers can and also be a good player to lead a counter attack just dont expect him to score or setup a goal on the back of it. :o

He might not be elite but he's a cut above most of our squad this year! Agree on the goals but I think he does enough in the build up and coming deeper to start moves to warrant some credit there. He might never be your main man (Hazard) but outside of Spain & Munich there wouldn't be many better 2nd wingers I can think of...

hots wrote: »

I see Conte more adapting to whatever squad he ends up with. The club will go after his targets but will still sign players on their own prerogative. The DOF role is here to stay it seems. Thankfully he's used to operating under these conditions
    That's probably true, just hope we bring in some decent pieces for him to be able to put together, our buying team hasn't exactly covered themselves in glory the last few years.

I like Willian and for the first half of the season he was easily our best performer but when we started playing a bit better towards the end of the year his performaces were already starting to fade at that stage.

Brazil want to use him in the Copa America and Olympics this summer, we're trying to block him going to the Olympics and we should, he'd miss all pre-season and the start of the season too.

He'll never be the best player in the team if everyone performers to their potential but hes a good worker and good retainer of the football but if an insane offer came in for him I'd sell him. We sold Mata who was after 2 exceptional seasons to Utd for about £20 less than the reported money for Willian.

I cant see the offer being true and I dont think Chelsea would do business with Jose either.

I agree on the DOF too, Conte needs to outline the players he wants, it wont be 6-8 it'll probably be 4 players max and let go of another 2 or 3 and utilise what we have.

I just hope we get his top targets and can build from there, the squad is good enough to challenge again as it is but thats before the other clubs start wheeling and dealing.

I'm interested to see what we do with the loan army this year.

The better players are staying on loan, Musonda and Christensen namely but we've still got guys like Brown, Solanke, Cuadrado, MVG, Ake coming back.

Same with Kalas, Moses, Bamford, Hector.

Theres certainly scope, if we need it, too keep one or two of them and sell the rest.

Lukaku :
    'We have a new investor at Everton and out of courtesy I will listen to what he has to say. But I have my own ideas in mind. I want to win titles.

'I have had a very good season, but it is time for me to write myself a CV. That is why I play football.

'I got that trophy-winning mindset from Chelsea.

'People in Belgium don't see me playing for Everton, but I am respected by fans, managers and experts like Jamie Carragher, Graeme Souness and Thierry Henry.'

Part in bold is key, hes going to leave this summer, maybe next summer at the latest.

Lukaku :

Part in bold is key, hes going to leave this summer, maybe next summer at the latest.

Not often you would see the word expert and the name Jamie Carragher in the same sentence - at least one to do with football anyway :eek:

• Advertisement

Not often you would see the word expert and the name Jamie Carragher in the same sentence - at least one to do with football anyway :eek:

I'd rate Caragher as a better pundit than Souness or Henry though, not as good as Neville but one of the better on Skys panel.

Problem with Lukaku is, we'll probably have to sell Costa to fund his signing, theres about 5 or 6 years beteen Costa and Lukaku so theres scope for Lukaku to improve even further but there'll always be question marks over him if he doesnt improve.

I also think anything over £40m for Lukaku is stupid money.

I'd rate Caragher as a better pundit than Souness or Henry though, not as good as Neville but one of the better on Skys panel.

Problem with Lukaku is, we'll probably have to sell Costa to fund his signing, theres about 5 or 6 years beteen Costa and Lukaku so theres scope for Lukaku to improve even further but there'll always be question marks over him if he doesnt improve.

I also think anything over £40m for Lukaku is stupid money.

I dont mind Souness and I give you Carragher is far better than Henry or pretty boy but the bar is very, very, very low there.

As for Lukaku still have a huge question mark over his big match temperament and he is not as good as he thinks he is as yet. ST£40m is possibly fair but doubt Everton will sell him for that.

I dont mind Souness and I give you Carragher is far better than Henry or pretty boy but the bar is very, very, very low there.

As for Lukaku still have a huge question mark over his big match temperament and he is not as good as he thinks he is as yet. ST£40m is possibly fair but doubt Everton will sell him for that.

No hope Everton will be looking to make a buck on their marquee signing, even with their new super rich investors, they'll not want to be taken to cleaners for Lukaku, Barkely or Stones.

In other news Zouma is on his feet and running around Cobham today, kicking a football and doing some light exercise it seems.

Be brilliant to have him back before the season kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

In other news Zouma is on his feet and running around Cobham today, kicking a football and doing some light exercise it seems.

Be brilliant to have him back before the season kicks off.

As brilliant as it would be, I'd prefer if he was late back and 100% fit then risk further injury rushing him back for the start of the season.

Killinator wrote: »
    As brilliant as it would be, I'd prefer if he was late back and 100% fit then risk further injury rushing him back for the start of the season.

Oh ya, that goes without saying. Last thing we need is to rush him back and for him to crumble and be out for months again.

Oh ya, that goes without saying. Last thing we need is to rush him back and for him to crumble and be out for months again.

See 1minute 19 seconds in :D

Courtois :
    'We're going to have a new coach, and I have a three-year contract, so if nothing strange happens, I will continue at Chelsea.

'We hope to have a better year, and be champions.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Courtois :

Jesus TBo, don't sound too upbeat about staying in the job for another three years with that pittance of a salary you're on now will you!

• Advertisement

Keep the better players and signed some quality and we'll be sorted.

We've enough players on loan, that if we sold a few of them , we'd build a nice little pot for the transfer funds.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thibaut reminds me of The Great Gonzo the way he goes on at times, never mind that they're doppelgangers.

280?cb=20111110063441

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

so the guy that some people hold responsible for getting Jose the sack hahahaha

from the daily star

MOURINHO WANTS HAZARD AT UNITED

Jose Mourinho wants to bring Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard to Manchester United, according to reports in Italy, and as covered in the Daily Express.

The Belgian has been heavily linked with a move away from Chelsea in recent months after a disappointing season in west London.

Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid have been credited with interest, while United have also kept tabs on him.

But following the news of Mourinho signing a deal to become United’s new boss, their pursuit of the Belgian has increased rapidly.

According to Italian journalist Emanuele Giulianelli, Mourinho has spoken directly with Hazard over a reunion at Old Trafford.

He tweeted: “Hazard wants to leave Stamford Bridge and Mourinho has spoken directly to him. This is what has happened. #cfc #mufc.”

Earlier on he suggested that a bid between £65million and £75m could be offered to prise him away from Chelsea.

He tweeted: “Mourinho wants Hazard from Chelsea at Manchester United. £65 mln offer could reach £75 mln. First contact with his entourage ok. #mufc #cfc.”

Hazard scored six goals for the Blues last season and is under contract until 2020.

£200 million and they can have Hazard.

Cjc0BFWWkAEyBnb.jpg

its happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Okay, so actually seeing him with the jersey has made me a little bit sick. :(

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Cjc0BFWWkAEyBnb.jpg

its happened

the non happy one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Not sure if its been asked here but How do you guys feel about Jose taking over at United?

I wouldn't say like others I hope he fails,
    I want him to do well - except when it will damage us :)

I still like the guy and will cheer them in Europe when its any other opposition - especially Barca ;).

Jose1_1743376a.jpg

Good luck to him in every competition, as long as we finish higher than Utd in the league and its in the top 4, I'll be happy.

I imagine somewhere on a huge yacht or holiday island, Roman is getting a little sick having sacked him twice, what a numpty. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Cjc0BFWWkAEyBnb.jpg

its happened

Sickened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

_89814314_josecontract.jpg

Good luck Jose, I'm sure he will always get a great reception at the bridge.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    £200 million and they can have Hazard.

Didn't Jose / Hazard have a bit of a falling out? Can't see united buying him but I said it before I wouldn't say no.
    Today spells the end of Mata IMO so swap deal? :P

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Didn't Jose / Hazard have a bit of a falling out? Can't see united buying him but I said it before I wouldn't say no.
    Today spells the end of Mata IMO so swap deal? :P

Ya, Hazard had a touch of the Sturridges about him according to Jose, saying he wasnt as injured as Hazard felt he was.

Towards the end their relationship seemed to be non-existent, although Hazard later said he send Jose a text saying he was sad he was sacked and that he could have done more for the team and Jose accepted it.

Two things, cant see Mata coming back and I cant see Jose raiding Chelsea for any players. So feck off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

so the guy that some people hold responsible for getting Jose the sack hahahaha

Jose wants him on a three year contract to sit on the bench all season as a means of revenge!

Turtwig wrote: »
    Jose wants him on a three year contract to sit on the bench all season as a means of revenge!

I wonder will Joe sell Mata? I reckon Rooney is better suited to the #10 role than a CM berth.

Although, they could easily deploy Ibra, if they sign him, as a #10 or support striker, False 9 if you will, his link up play is exceptionally good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

We now share a Footballing Father, But we are brothers from other Mothers.

Good Luck next season lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

bring back mata

Sell Oscar and Mikel and Conte will have already cemented his status as a legend.

Get rid of Ivanovic and Cahill and I'd propose we build a statue of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sell Oscar and Mikel and Conte will have already cemented his status as a legend.

Get rid of Ivanovic and Cahill and I'd propose we build a statue of him.

Get matic back to last season's form and a stadium stand shall be named after him

Panthro wrote: »
    Get matic back to last season's form and a stadium stand shall be named after him

If we finish inside the top 4 next yhear given the managers, money and squads in the league he should get a knighthood.

Actually top 4 should be the aim and anything after that is a bonus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement