Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we finish inside the top 4 next yhear given the managers, money and squads in the league he should get a knighthood.

Actually top 4 should be the aim and anything after that is a bonus.

The Pep jose rivalry will dominate the news heads all season.
    Then Conte will emerge from the ashes, victorious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    The Pep jose rivalry will dominate the news heads all season.
    Then Conte will emerge from the ashes, victorious!

If he wins the title this year with this squad, he is 100% Jesus Christ Mark II.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sell Oscar and Mikel and Conte will have already cemented his status as a legend.

Get rid of Ivanovic and Cahill and I'd propose we build a statue of him.

Jose might try take Ivanovic off our hands. More than likely he'll be staying though.

Actually the Pep/City v Jose/Utd is going to be so painful to watch, Sky will big it up and up so much, its a HUGE game of course but thats the set of fixtures that everyone will be looking to whenever the fixtures are finally released.

Actually on the fixtures, I'm going try and get over to a game late in August if we've got a home game around then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If he wins the title this year with this squad, he is 100% Jesus Christ Mark II.

I'll be happy if he plays a few youth players...
    Signs pogba..
    Simple!

Johner wrote: »
    Jose might try take Ivanovic off our hands. More than likely he'll be staying though.

Theyve got enough FBs that they could name a team of them I'm sure.

Unless Jose fancies playing him at CB, actually, thats perfect, Ivanovic to Utd, yes please.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'll be happy if he plays a few youth players...
    Signs pogba..
    Simple!

Sign Pogba and it will be :

459996.jpg

Jamie Jackson has claimed Willian is open to a move to United. I don't think there is a chance of us selling him to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Actually the Pep/City v Jose/Utd is going to be so painful to watch, Sky will big it up and up so much, its a HUGE game of course but thats the set of fixtures that everyone will be looking to whenever the fixtures are finally released.

Only if you're a city or Utd supporter.

JonnyM wrote: »
    Only if you're a city or Utd supporter.

It'll be shoved down everyone elses throat taht it will be impossible not to get caught up in the hype of it.

I'll look forward to it as it wont involve Jose at Chelsea vs Pep and all the mind games and digs in the build up that it will surely bring.

The new season is going to be great, there has never been so many world class and talented managers in the league. Very interesting to see what's going to happen. Hopefully we get our business done nice and early, in fairness we rarely mess around with transfers.

Jamie Jackson has claimed Willian is open to a move to United. I don't think there is a chance of us selling him to them.

I imagine hes open to it but I cant see us selling our POTY to Utd.

......again. :o

Nah, I just think its a non-runner, we'd ask for crazy money and Utd would be better served looking elsewhere, especially if the price is north of £60m.

The new season is going to be great, there has never been so many world class and talented managers in the league. Very interesting to see what's going to happen. Hopefully we get our business done nice and early, in fairness we rarely mess around with transfers.

Last year was a cluster f**k though as we chased Stones target all summer.

Hopefully lessons have been learned as it was our worse summer for transfers in sometime, given that the stadium seems to be on the back burner too, Roman might open the cheque book for a player or two of real calibre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I think this season will hopefully be one of the most competitive and will be interesting to see who comes to the PL this year and what money will be spent, record amount no doubt and sky will be all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

bring back mata

Hello José, my old friend. You're going to transfer me again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

bring back mata
    For his own good Mata should head back to Spain imo, he's a luxury player for most teams in a position that most top teams are already stuffed to the gills with. He needs to find himself a nice attacking only role in the centre of the pitch somewhere.

Actually if anyone read Hatem Ben Arfa's interview yesterday Mata is very similar, he needs to find someone that wants to play the beautiful game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hots wrote: »
    For his own good Mata should head back to Spain imo, he's a luxury player for most teams in a position that most top teams are already stuffed to the gills with. He needs to find himself a nice attacking only role in the centre of the pitch somewhere.

Actually if anyone read Hatem Ben Arfa's interview yesterday Mata is very similar, he needs to find someone that wants to play the beautiful game.

yeah I agree with this actually.

Would still love him back though to be honest.

sell oscar give him the number 8 shirt.

or just buy pogba.

actually get both.

yeah I agree with this actually.

Would still love him back though to be honest.

sell oscar give him the number 8 shirt.

or just buy pogba.

actually get both.
    I'd love him back as a person but he just doesn't fit in imo. Him and Fab both in the middle would be the softest centre ever.

Whilst all the talk of attaching players is exciting I'm really concerned over our holding midfield spot/s for next year. Even if Matic regains form we're still short there for games when you need 2. I don't even know who could be targeted to be honest...

I'd love him back as a person but he just doesn't fit in imo. Him and Fab both in the middle would be the softest centre ever.

Whilst all the talk of attaching players is exciting I'm really concerned over our holding midfield spot/s for next year. Even if Matic regains form we're still short there for games when you need 2. I don't even know who could be targeted to be honest...

RLC Cesc Pogba

Scenes

• Advertisement

Quick one, Morata or Lukaku?

Similar age, similar potential, different flaws bout both are flawed but both will be world class eventually.

I'm not sure who I'd take, we know Lukaku has the experience of playing in the EPL for the last few years while Morata has scored some important goals for Juventus in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Similar age, similar potential, different flaws bout both are flawed but both will be world class eventually.

I'm not sure who I'd take, we know Lukaku has the experience of playing in the EPL for the last few years while Morata has scored some important goals for Juventus in big games.

Morata wasn't great this season was he? Didn't kick on after a good first year

At least Lukaku is getting better year on year, and has played in the premier league which is our only real competition for next year anyway

Lukaku would be able to hit the ground running, Morata would need bedding in time

Lukaku is home grown too, not club trained because he spent time with WBA and Everton, so there's another advantage for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    Though ls attitude stinks

De Bruyne wanted to leave, look at him now

Morata wanted to leave Madrid because he wasn't playing enough, so when you're comparing him and Lukaku it's mute that Lukaku wanted to leave

He was 21 at the time, he had a moment of doubt after missing that penalty, shows how much he thinks of himself and that he should improve

If Costa is staying we shouldn't be even thinking about Lukaku.

Morata wasn't great this season was he? Didn't kick on after a good first year

At least Lukaku is getting better year on year, and has played in the premier league which is our only real competition for next year anyway

Lukaku would be able to hit the ground running, Morata would need bedding in time

Lukaku is home grown too, not club trained because he spent time with WBA and Everton, so there's another advantage for him
    He's prem proven but his weaknesses are just too prevalent for me and they haven't improved. Had we kept him and he'd got this far fair enough but for a 50m player or however much, no thanks.

If a decent offer comes in for him I'd take it
    He's prem proven but his weaknesses are just too prevalent for me and they haven't improved. Had we kept him and he'd got this far fair enough but for a 50m player or however much, no thanks.

If Martial is a 70m player then Lukaku is well worth 50m

If Martial is a 70m player then Lukaku is well worth 50m

Ya reckon? I wouldn't even have them in the same league tbh (albeit with only one season of watching Martial really).

World class strikers like Costa are few and far between, he's better than Lukaku anyway. I'd definitely keep Costa unless we got offered crazy money.

• Advertisement

World class strikers like Costa are few and far between, he's better than Lukaku anyway. I'd definitely keep Costa unless we got offered crazy money.

Dunno if I'd call Costa world class

Upper echelon maybe, but a world class striker doesn't score a half dozen goals in all of a calender year (2015)

Dunno if I'd call Costa world class

Upper echelon maybe, but a world class striker doesn't score a half dozen goals in all of a calender year (2015)

In his two seasons before this one he had fired two teams to their respective league titles scoring 57 goals in 89 in all comps. Injuries and suspensions haven't helped his cause and neither did the whole Jose debacle. If he's not world class he's very close to it, he has shown he was getting back to his best under Hiddink and I'd be confident of him leading the line for us under Conte. I don't think there is any other striker that is available that would suit us more than Costa.

In his two seasons before this one he had fired two teams to their respective league titles scoring 57 goals in 89 in all comps. Injuries and suspensions haven't helped his cause and neither did the whole Jose debacle. If he's not world class he's very close to it, he has shown he was getting back to his best under Hiddink and I'd be confident of him leading the line for us under Conte. I don't think there is any other striker that is available that would suit us more than Costa.

Depends on how Conte will have the team playing, whether he's the most suited striker

I don't even care about all the dirty stuff he does, I'm fickle and just lost faith in him when he went off the boil at the end of 14/15 and didn't do much when Jose was here for 15/16

I'm probably one of few who wouldn't be mad if he left, ditto for people like Oscar/Willian who were good in spells or at one time but never truly there

Willian might have been our poty, not much competition in fairness, I'd let him go to United too

Depends on how Conte will have the team playing, whether he's the most suited striker

I don't even care about all the dirty stuff he does, I'm fickle and just lost faith in him when he went off the boil at the end of 14/15 and didn't do much when Jose was here for 15/16

I'm probably one of few who wouldn't be mad if he left, ditto for people like Oscar/Willian who were good in spells or at one time but never truly there

Willian might have been our poty, not much competition in fairness, I'd let him go to United too
    Jesus if you'd let Willian and Costa go there can't be many you want to keep?! Agree though, it's all down to how Conte wants to play, if he wants a big target man maybe Lukaku could become that guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jesus if you'd let Willian and Costa go there can't be many you want to keep?! Agree though, it's all down to how Conte wants to play, if he wants a big target man maybe Lukaku could become that guy?

Except he can't hold the ball up.

I just think they've had their chance, done good/okay/crap at different stages, there's better out there and others who deserve a chance

I'd give Cuadrado a chance, he was never given a proper chance, I don't know how he was in training but he never got a proper run of games when he arrived so to deride him isn't fair imo
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Except he can't hold the ball up.

Does Conte want a target man or someone who can hold the ball up though? Nobody knows yet, Lukaku has many other qualities that make him a danger

Does Conte want a target man or someone who can hold the ball up though? Nobody knows yet, Lukaku has many other qualities that make him a danger

He's too similar to Costa to justify signing, they both like playing in behind. Costa can play more of a support role too though.

No idea what Conte is looking for in his system, his Juve teams weren't particularly reliant on strikers for goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

I'd love a 433 system again. Cesc in the middle with matic and rlc. Morata or Costa flanked by hazard and Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

POGBA WATCH

Chelsea are in talks over a £80million move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, according to reports in France.

Get French Football News (WHO?)report that the west London outfit are in ‘constant contact’ with Pogba’s agent in a bid to grease the wheels over a potential £80million to Stamford Bridge.

Pogba has been speaking publicly about his desire to remain in Turin, but GFFN say that privately he has accepted it is time to move.

Antonio Conte has told the Blues’ hierarchy that Pogba’s signature is his absolute priority this summer – but it will not be straightforward.

Pogba’s massive price tag is a big stumbling block, as is reported interest from Real Madrid.

Manchester United have been linked with their former player and new boss Jose Mourinho is set to be handed a monster war chest this summer.

However, his priories are up from and at centre back rather than the middle of midfield.

• Advertisement

Very slim chance of Pogba, hopefully he loved working under Conte.

£80 million would be fine by me. He's 23 and already world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Very slim chance of Pogba, hopefully he loved working under Conte.

£80 million would be fine by me. He's 23 and already world class.

And HG

Pato's time looks up. Conte has no interest it seems in keeping him. The coaches while saying he has excellent natural ability has no application. He came to us out of shape and made little effort to improve his fitness while here. Shame the way his career has gone.

Any sign of Pogba yet? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sunday papers had some pogba talk but it seemed to be mentioning what the french website said yesterday , HE'S COMING TO US

Goals for Baker and RLC in the final for England.

Pedro scored for Spain.

• Advertisement

Goals for Baker and RLC in the final for England.

Pedro scored for Spain.

Baker's scored in 3 games in a row

Baker > Lampard

Baker was top scorer and RLc was player of the tournament.

I hope both see game time next season, Guus towards the last half a dozen games froze out RLC and Kenedy which was shameful IMO.

Just on Costa talk from the last few days, hes got a summer off and hes learned from last summer, he wont come back about a stone over weight, well, you'd like to think he wont.

If thats the case, an injury free and fresh Costa has the potetinal to get 20+ league goals again and I'd take him over Lukaku or Morata, my 2 cents.

If we get the same Costa as we had at the start of the 14/15 season, then you really can't ask for much more

If we get the same Costa as we had at the start of the 14/15 season, then you really can't ask for much more

Ya, Contes Italy will be going 3-5-2 for the Euros but I'd be surprised if he brings any system to the EPL thats a bit different from the norm and I cant see him playing two up top either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement