Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Talk this morning is that Pogba is for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Talk this morning is that Pogba is for sale.

I'd love Pogba but without Jose and UCL football I cant see us being top of his list.

We have Conte and unless hes got some serious pull with Pogba and can put it to him that we're eventually going to be top again, I can see him going to one of the Manchester teams as Barcelona seem to be struggling with massive wages of the MSN combo.

That being said, I dont think Pogba will leave Juve this summer, it seems to be said every summer but nothing ever happens. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I could see him ending up at City. Our only chance is that he loved working with Conte.

I could see him ending up at City. Our only chance is that he loved working with Conte.

That really is our only ace in the hole if we have any notions of signing Pogba.

Unless we pump him and his agent full of £££££ I just cant see it.

Anyone see the Zouma to Arsenal rumours?

Ya gotta wonder sometimes what people are smoking. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would say they're most likely, big cash, Pep, CL, Yaya replacement, lived in Manchester already no brainer really

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone see the Zouma to Arsenal rumours?

Ya gotta wonder sometimes what people are smoking. :o
    I saw Roma mentioned too? Tis silly season when you see things like that anyway, we're far more likely to be raiding them than them raiding us!

hots wrote: »
    I would say they're most likely, big cash, Pep, CL, Yaya replacement, lived in Manchester already no brainer really

You'd think on that fact alone, he'd be relecutant to go back. :o

15th June the fixtures for the season are out.

Reports in Germany that Gladbach have offered €20m for Christensen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Please fcuk off

Please

Please fcuk off

Please

I cant see it myself, dont think we can afford to lose someone of his ability, even if there was a buy back clause or first refusal, it wouldnt make sense.

Cahill, JT and Ivan are all the wrong side of 30 and Christensen is good enough to be invovled right now but another 12months on loan and potential UCL football with Gladbach would be brilliant for his development and as I said, we'll be a CB or two down next summer so he could make the step up then easily and he'd just be after turning 21.

Alternatively, Conte would bring him back now and I'd have him as 4th choice CB easily.

I cant see it myself, dont think we can afford to lose someone of his ability, even if there was a buy back clause or first refusal, it wouldnt make sense.

Cahill, JT and Ivan are all the wrong side of 30 and Christensen is good enough to be invovled right now but another 12months on loan and potential UCL football with Gladbach would be brilliant for his development and as I said, we'll be a CB or two down next summer so he could make the step up then easily and he'd just be after turning 21.

Alternatively, Conte would bring him back now and I'd have him as 4th choice CB easily.

Surely the only way he could leave is if he demanded it, ala Lukaku

He's played the whole season at Gladbach, they obviously like him, here's hoping he likes Chelsea more

Let him be the one to replace Ivan next year, let him stay this year since the deal is already in place

No point bringing him back to be 4th, needs proper game time which I can't see him getting yet at Chelsea so let him stay

Arsenal are meant to be in for Ricardo Rodriguez of Wolfsburg for about 25m, last year he was the LB from the Bundesliga I would have went for but at the time he wouldnt have went for that price and we went for Rahman.

Rahman is a fine player but he needs to be a lot better for the EPL as hes struggled badly in some games, thats not surprising consiering the whole back line has been gash, hopefully next year the defensive issues are sorted.

Surely the only way he could leave is if he demanded it, ala Lukaku

He's played the whole season at Gladbach, they obviously like him, here's hoping he likes Chelsea more

Let him be the one to replace Ivan next year, let him stay this year since the deal is already in place

No point bringing him back to be 4th, needs proper game time which I can't see him getting yet at Chelsea so let him stay

I agree with ya, hes better off playing 30+ games with Gladbach next year than playing 5 games with us, he was sent on loan after signing a big contract so we've got him pinned down for awhile at the moment.

I reckon himself and Zouma have a big future as a CB pairing for us.

Not a fear of it. The best thing is for him to stay put for the rest of the loan and then to come back into the fold.

Hopefully the club are giving Christensen all the assurances he needs to keep him happy, the last thing you want is gladbach whispering in his ear for two years and him pulling a Lukaku/KDB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

hots wrote: »
    Not a fear of it. The best thing is for him to stay put for the rest of the loan and then to come back into the fold.

Hopefully the club are giving Christensen all the assurances he needs to keep him happy, the last thing you want is gladbach whispering in his ear for two years and him pulling a Lukaku/KDB.

I'd say the club (Chelsea) have been onto him regarding his development and whats worrying is Guus will be involved with the youths and their development pretty soon. :o

It looked like we wanted him back and now it looks like Gladbach want to take him full time, unless Conte wants him to start next season and its unlikely as his pre-season will be served with Gladbach, hes going to be in Germany for another year.

JT26 wrote: »
    Any good transfer gossip lately

Zouma to Arsenal
    Pogba to Chelsea
    Nainagollan would rather join Utd
    Manolas would rather join Utd
    Oscar to Juve
    Stones is wanted by Jose
    Lukaku to Chelsea for about 65m
    Morata to Chelsea for 45m

Nothing new really.

• Advertisement

Video online of Willian warming up before a game with Brazil and hes easily 2 stone over weight.

The season is only over about 2 weeks FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

2 stone!! jesus thats what 14 KG ??

:eek:

Video online of Willian warming up before a game with Brazil and hes easily 2 stone over weight.

The season is only over about 2 weeks FFS.

It was a stretched image according to reddit comments, someone shrunk it back horizontally and he looked normal enough :)

Hes still carrying what looks like an impressive gut. :o

Pogba with an exceptional assist last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

Strange one, I'd still fancy Spain to make it to at least the Semi Finals too.

I just checked the Spain team from that game and he didnt start, I'm almost certain Cesc was captain until he came off.

One thats been touted a few times now
    Mkhitaryan scored for 23 goals and claimed 32 assists across all competitions for Dortmund last season, attracting a long list of suitors, including Arsenal, Chelsea and Juventus.

Be a strange one if we do go after him although he'd be a much better #10 than we currently have.

I cant wait for the new season.

Screw the Euros, its all about the new EPL season.
    “The doors to [Italy’s training base in] Coverciano are like the revolving ones in your hotel,” Conte likes to tell members of the Italy squad. “They can send you home just as fast they brought you in.”

Those words have stayed with Manchester United full-back Matteo Darmian ever since. It’s also why Conte will always pick a player like Southampton’s Graziano Pellè over Balotelli because what he lacks in celebrity or natural ability he makes up for in hunger and hard work. That’s how to win Conte’s respect.

Love these quotes
    “If I had to go to war, I would take Conte with me,” Arturo Vidal has said.

Pirlo rates him as the best coach he has ever had. “If Arrigo Sacchi is a genius, what does that make Conte?” he asked in his book I Think Therefore I Play. A measure of it is Conte’s knack for telling his players how he believes a game will unfold. They have lost count of the number of occasions things have gone exactly how he said they would and are left in awe. By anticipating the problems they will encounter, he’s also able to give them the solution they need to prevail. The preparation is meticulous.

In his first season, they went undefeated in the league, a run lasting 49 games, the same as Arsenal’s Invincibles. In his second, Juventus picked up more points, scored more goals and conceded fewer. Then in his his third and final campaign they won every game at home and became the first team ever to break the 100-point barrier in Serie A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

In his first season, they went undefeated in the league, a run lasting 49 games, the same as Arsenal’s Invincibles. In his second, Juventus picked up more points, scored more goals and conceded fewer. Then in his his third and final campaign they won every game at home and became the first team ever to break the 100-point barrier in Serie A.

What are you trying to say, are you telling us to get hyped? Cause we'll get hyped!!! :D

Killinator wrote: »
    What are you trying to say, are you telling us to get hyped? Cause we'll get hyped!!! :D

I'm not saying we'll win the league but we're going to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

We'll as long as we're all keeping calm about it, I'm pretty certain we'll win everything......twice over......in the one season.

Few stats from the season just gone.
    •Chelsea started the season deserved League Champions. In the past 50 years, only four teams have defended their title less effectively – Manchester City, Everton, Aston Villa and Leeds and each took years to effectively rebuild. Leeds never have. Nobody is saying Chelsea are going into terminal decline but bouncing straight back will not necessarily be as straightforward as some seem to think.

•The final position, tenth, is the club’s worst league position for twenty years.

•At no stage of the season were Chelsea higher than eighth in the league, so at no point were we in a European qualification place.

•The appalling total of five home wins, the worst since the 1978/79 relegation season under Danny Blanchflower, when at least the club had the excuse of having to sell the best players because they were skint. The most home defeats for over twenty years. Just twelve months earlier, Chelsea had the best home and away records in the Premier League.

•Only Bournemouth and Aston Villa conceded more home goals. In 2014/15 Chelsea conceded just nine home goals, this time we let in 30.

•Chelsea ended the season 31 points behind deserved winners Leicester, their biggest gap from the top since the 1993/94 season, and achieved their lowest points total since 1995/96.

•The least wins, and least points, since 1995/96. The most defeats since 1997/98. The fewest goals scored for sixteen years. The most goals conceded since 1996/97. The worst goal difference for nineteen years. The roll-call of shame goes on.

•Chelsea finished as fourth-placed London team, their worst capital performance for twenty years.

•Since Roman Abramovich transformed the club, Chelsea have averaged 79 points a season. Given this, 50 points in 2015/16 can only be described as rampant under-achievement.

•Guus Hiddink’s home record of one win in ten league games is diabolical.

• GavRedKing wrote: »

Care to take a wager on that?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Care to take a wager on that?

I reckon even the most generous of odds and an unlimited bet amount wouldnt make me part with my cash on that.

Next season is going to be nearly impossible to guess and it was very much tongue in cheek. :pac:

I'd be honestly delighted with top 4 and build from that.

I reckon even the most generous of odds and an unlimited bet amount wouldnt make me part with my cash on that.

Next season is going to be nearly impossible to guess and it was very much tongue in cheek. :pac:

I'd be honestly delighted with top 4 and build from that.

So you saying you're not gonna win the league then ;)

If you decide otherwise a 20 squid charity bet for Utd to finish above Chelsea would be juicy...

So you saying you're not gonna win the league then ;)

If you decide otherwise a 20 squid charity bet for Utd to finish above Chelsea would be juicy...

We will win the league, Utd 2nd :P

I'll take a piece of that action.

Remind me next May if I lose though.

We will win the league, Utd 2nd :P

I'll take a piece of that action.

Remind me next May if I lose though.

Saved for future reference mwhuhaha

Saved for future reference mwhuhaha

Ye'll have a new manager by January anyway so I'll be laughing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Piet De Visser Chelsea's chief scout and Roman's personal adviser has said Roman doesn't want to have another terrible season and that he expects to be as busy as he was between 2003-2008.

And in transfer news, an Italian outlet are saying Rudiger is Chelsea bound for €30m. They only signed him permanently a couple of days ago for €9m after exercising their right to buy after a loan. Would be a tidy profit for them.

We need quality not quantity.

Ye'll have a new manager by January anyway so I'll be laughing :pac:

What are the odds. Worth a fiver. Cover the cost of the pain if it did happen.

What are the odds. Worth a fiver. Cover the cost of the pain if it did happen.

A fool shall be parted with his money just the once next season mate.

And i dont intend on paying up more money. :pac:

A fool shall be parted with his money just the once next season mate.

And i dont intend on paying up more money. :pac:

Right fair enough you're on. 20 Euro to named charity if either Utd finish above Chelsea or vice versa. Done

We need quality not quantity.

I agree, it's a tougher task without CL though. We need a CB, a LB or a RB depending on how Conte plays Dave, CM and possibly a striker/support up front.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I agree, it's a tougher task without CL though. We need a CB, a LB or a RB depending on how Conte plays Dave, CM and possibly a striker/support up front.

Im hoping between rahman kenedy and azp weve enough LBs.

I do agree on the rest though a CB is badly needed CM too.

Gundogan to City is official

When he's fit he'll be a top player for him, he has a reputation for being injury prone but he's had a couple of big injuries as opposed to lots of little niggly ones

We're going to have to turn the screw on the transfer market soon

• Advertisement

Gundogan to City is official

When he's fit he'll be a top player for him, he has a reputation for being injury prone but he's had a couple of big injuries as opposed to lots of little niggly ones

We're going to have to turn the screw on the transfer market soon

Thats the disadvantage of having a manager at a summer tournament, we can hope for Italy to come 4th in the Irish group but its not going to happen so Conte will get at least 4 Italian games and given how well they manage tournaments, I wouldnt be surprised to see them push on to the QF's at least, even if the squad isnt that great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement