Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats the disadvantage of having a manager at a summer tournament, we can hope for Italy to come 4th in the Irish group but its not going to happen so Conte will get at least 4 Italian games and given how well they manage tournaments, I wouldnt be surprised to see them push on to the QF's at least, even if the squad isnt that great.

Hope he doesn't turn out like Big Phil in 2008 overall then

With the bigger tournament too if Italy go further he'll be away way longer than in other Euro tournaments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hope he doesn't turn out like Big Phil in 2008 overall then

With the bigger tournament too if Italy go further he'll be away way longer than in other Euro tournaments

Contes Juventus tenure has me very eager to see what he can do in a new league.

A huge test but he looks to be a character that can take it head on.

I'm just hoping we've got our targets setout and the club is working on them as we speak, theres nothing concrete come out about transfers in about a week now, Nainogalan (sp) interest has seemed to cool in the last few days too and apart from him theres been nothing really mentioned.

Contes Juventus tenure has me very eager to see what he can do in a new league.

A huge test but he looks to be a character that can take it head on.

I'm just hoping we've got our targets setout and the club is working on them as we speak, theres nothing concrete come out about transfers in about a week now, Nainogalan (sp) interest has seemed to cool in the last few days too and apart from him theres been nothing really mentioned.

Ya never know whats going on behind the scenes

There was no recent news about Gundogan to City until yesterday, and today it's a done deal

Keep things quiet and don't let anyone in to steal him, like we did with Willian and Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

afternoon gossip

– Chelsea are prepared to beat off interest from Arsenal and Man Utd and offer a huge contract to Alvaro Morata this summer to tempt him into a move to Stamford Bridge (Sport Italia)

– Chelsea are prepared to jump ahead of the queue to sign Alvaro Morata by offering 60 million euros for the striker (Football Italia)

– Chelsea are lining up a £20m bid for Roma’s Germany defender Antonio Rudiger, 23 (Daily Star)

– Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are all eyeing up a swoop for want away Paris Saint-Germain defender Marquinhos (The Sun)

– Arsenal are looking to fend off competition from Man Utd and Chelsea for Brazilian sensation, Gabriel Barbosa (The Sun)

– Napoli plan to ‘scare’ Chelsea away with a £23 million price tag put on Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly (Gazzetta Dello Sport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    – Napoli plan to ‘scare’ Chelsea away with a £23 million price tag put on Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly (Gazzetta Dello Sport)

Something tells me they may ramp that number up if they want it to 'scare' us!

• Advertisement

Ya never know whats going on behind the scenes

There was no recent news about Gundogan to City until yesterday, and today it's a done deal

Keep things quiet and don't let anyone in to steal him, like we did with Willian and Spurs

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a few weeks back.

Either which way, I do prefer transfer to be done and dusted within a few days of hearing about them, none of this convoluted, drawn out for weeks saga.

Its tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

afternoon gossip

– Chelsea are prepared to beat off interest

<<snerk>>

duploelabs wrote: »
    <<snerk>>

Summer does crazy things to us all. :pac:

di matteo and steve clarke take over at villa

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36435484

di matteo and steve clarke take over at villa

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36435484

I wish him well but its going to be a disaster for everyone involved I feel.

• Advertisement

De Vissier mentioning its going to be a busy summer for Roman and transfers is exciting and worrying in equal measures.

Lots of players in the door means less chances for guys like Kenedy, Traore, RLC etc

Hiddink said he'd play the youths

When something actually happens then I'll believe it, just find it hard to believe some of the stuff that comes out

Someone in The Times mentioned we'd be going after Benteke. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We are closing in on Rudiger according to Sky Italia. Nainggolan has said there is contact between the 2 clubs but it is up to them to sort it out, he stays out of such matters. Says Conte has wanted to work with him for some time.

Matt Hughes says Conte wants 5 new players:

https://twitter.com/MattHughesTimes/status/738618733690638336

I'm guessing that is a new backup GK, might mean Begovic is out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Have we signed/sold/loaned anyone yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I can see Chelsea going after a lot of Serie A players that Conte is familiar with. It wouldn't surprise me at all to Morata at Chelsea next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hazard scored a header for Belgium.

The Guardian are saying we are trying to sign Morata, and that the path has been cleared somewhat by Arsenal and United going for Vardy and Ibra. We also want to keep Costa. I'd be personally very happy with that, 2 class strikers but very different players. They would definitely work well together too I think.

I can see Cuadardo and Morata coming to Chelsea and Hazard going the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Can't see hazard leaving this year anyway, he seems intent on trying to repair the damage done to his reputation last year with us. Whatever that brings next year is anybody's guess but for now he's not going anywhere.
    One of the more rediculous things I heard was from a united fan who can see him and matic heading for a reunion with Jose.

• Advertisement

WarZ wrote: »

Do you mean Real Madrid or Juventus?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Can't see hazard leaving this year anyway, he seems intent on trying to repair the damage done to his reputation last year with us. Whatever that brings next year is anybody's guess but for now he's not going anywhere.
    One of the more rediculous things I heard was from a united fan who can see him and matic heading for a reunion with Jose.

Right, the same Matic who Mourinho subbed on and took him off after 10 minutes? Frankly Matic hasn't looked to have an ounce of confidence since.
    Or the Hazard who bemoaned the fact that Chelsea didn't play football for a lot of Mourinho's tenure.

I don't mind the the transfer talk, or even the fact that Mourinho is there but many United fans have become unbearable since he joined. You'd swear they've already won the treble under him and everything else is a foregone conclusion. And now everyone else is bitter because United are a big club once again, embarrassing reading tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well considering Cuadardo is still our player he'd be coming anyway, and Madrid still has rights on Morata, then i really think that this on't be going as you suggested

Lukker- wrote: »
    Do you mean Real Madrid or Juventus?

Madrid

Madrid

Anything is possible but Hazard has said repeatedly he's staying. For everyone's best interests a transfer this summer doesn't make much sense. Also swap deals with players who will cost upwards of £40m rarely, if ever happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Right, the same Matic who Mourinho subbed on and took him off after 10 minutes? Frankly Matic hasn't looked to have an ounce of confidence since.
    Or the Hazard who bemoaned the fact that Chelsea didn't play football for a lot of Mourinho's tenure.

I don't mind the the transfer talk, or even the fact that Mourinho is there but many United fans have become unbearable since he joined. You'd swear they've already won the treble under him and everything else is a foregone conclusion. And now everyone else is bitter because United are a big club once again, embarrassing reading tbh.

Same guy was saying that he hoped ibrahimavich comes because it'll help Jose bring through the youth with his experience, if he seriously thinks Jose is going to bring through youth he hasn't much of a clue of his style.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Same guy was saying that he hoped ibrahimavich comes because it'll help Jose bring through the youth with his experience, if he seriously thinks Jose is going to bring through youth he hasn't much of a clue of his style.

The same guy who loaned out Lukaku (and eventually sold with no buy back) to sign a guy who he claimed privately to the press was probably 40 years old?

Good luck with that. Rashford might have a chance because his name already has some star power to it after being brought to the Euros. I'd worry for the all the rest of them though. He talked the good talk while he was here, but in 2 years not one youth player developed under him except perhaps Kenedy and he didn't come from the academy.

Roma reject bid of €32m for Nainggolan.

Talks advancing quickly for Morata.

Roma reject bid of €32m for Nainggolan.

Talks advancing quickly for Morata.

I'd probably prefer Kante at this stage, Nainggolan will be more expenseive, older and hasnt played in the league.

Although if it comes to down to suitors for Kante, we'll be down the list comapred to other clubs knocking at his door.

Morata, I'm not to gone on him TBH, his goal scoring record is questionable, largely because hes come from the bench but we do need a new back up player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If we can get Kante at the reported release clause of £20 million then it's a serious no brainer. In today's market that's an absolute steal.

Johner wrote: »
    If we can get Kante at the reported release clause of £20 million then it's a serious no brainer. In today's market that's an absolute steal.

I think that might be the release clause only if the buying team is in the UCL.

I'm open to correction though.

• Johner wrote: »

Bit harsh on Matic IMO
    So if yuz are in for Kante then apparently Utd are in for Matic (Which makes absolutely no sense)
    Love them auld morning rags / twitter ****e-talkers

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

Chelsea - Net debt £1.1bn

Lads you might be able to shed some light on my query, per the above link Chelsea has net debts of unbelievable amount. Is not going concern issue for you guys? Will Chelsea ever pay it back to Mr. A. or will it be written off?

09_09_09 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/25/premier-league-finances-club-by-club-breakdown-david-conn

Chelsea - Net debt £1.1bn

Lads you might be able to shed some light on my query, per the above link Chelsea has net debts of unbelievable amount. Is not going concern issue for you guys? Will Chelsea ever pay it back to Mr. A. or will it be written off?

Thats wrong really, thats assuming that Abromivich is going to sell the club and that 1.1billion debt is in effect what hes owed.

If he did sell up tomorrow, all things conisdered in the current climate, he'd probably get very close to a billion for the club, IMO.

from football italia

conte

"I do everything except counter-attacks. Do not play on the counter. Never even train counter-attacks. Not in my concept of football"

"When we have the ball, we have our ideas. When we lose it, we try to be tight, press the opposition & try to win it back asap"

"Counter-attacks are when you sit back and then propel yourself forward at pace."

• Advertisement

first transfer of the summer , we've bought a football ground

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/740136651486289921

first transfer of the summer , we've bought a football ground

https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/740136651486289921

Nice.

Should have just put up some small stands around one of the many, many pitches at Cobham though. :o

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/06/Chelsea-Football-Club-announcement.html

Dr Carneiro has reached an agreement with the club.

Considering what she was offered before this blew up, I wonder what she settled for.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/06/Chelsea-Football-Club-announcement.html

Dr Carneiro has reached an agreement with the club.

Considering what she was offered before this blew up, I wonder what she settled for.

I'd say United forked out a good bit so their new manager doesn't get his name dragged through the dirt. Chelsea don't really have as much to lose as Mourinho so I'd say they wouldn't have went higher than what they were offering. Mourinho initially wasn't wiling to settle out of court in the separate case against him but changed his tune fairly quickly.

I'd say United forked out a good bit so their new manager doesn't get his name dragged through the dirt. Chelsea don't really have as much to lose as Mourinho so I'd say they wouldn't have went higher than what they were offering. Mourinho initially wasn't wiling to settle out of court in the separate case against him but changed his tune fairly quickly.

Ya, I assumed him turning up today was part of any agreement he had with Utd, get it over and done with at any cost.

Not our problem anyway so thats another Jose chapter closed.

• Advertisement

Utd have signed a new CB, £30m for Eric Bailly.

Hes only young but the price is a bit of a reflection of the money going to be spent this summer.

I'm just delighted we got Zouma 2 years ago for a relative bargain.

Edit : If Bailly is going for 30m, you can expect Stones, if he does move, to go for a crazy, crazy fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Re: Stones, even more so that now they have a moneybags chairman.

Re: Stones, even more so that now they have a moneybags chairman.

I reckon one of their main assets will leave, Stones, Lukaku or Barkley.

Of that trio I'm not sure who'd command the higher fee, probably Lukaku, as Everton have been pants this year but he still scored plenty of goals.

Also as Lukaku is pretty vocal about wanting to play at a higher level where as the other two have been quiet about moving on.

Fixtures are out this day next week.

First home game, banker to be Man Utd. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

We dodged a bullet with Stones imo. Showed many times this year that he's far from the finished article. Sad about Rudiger tearing his ACL as I think he might have came and is a good defender.

It's hard to know who we're going to sign at this stage. Radja Nainggolan and Morata look like they might but we need more quality than that.

On another note, I'm absolutely fascinated by Conte and his idea's. Can't wait for the season to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

In Stones' defence Martinez is not the best defensive coach in the world. Nothing worse for a defender than having a badly organised team. The player will be unsure of just about every decision he makes and some of them will be the most basic of basic decisions that can in many instances make them appear incompetent. Stones has a lot of developing still to do but Stones under Conte would be much much better than Stones under Martinez. It'll be interesting to see what Stones is like under Koeman next season if he does decide to stay at Everton.

That said, you're probably best of lucking for a much cheaper defender and taking a gamble on them than spending most of your transfer budget on one player.

Pjanic to Juventus is looking likely now

That had me sad initially

But then I thought, maybe they're buying him to replace a certain someone who might be leaving, and he could be going back to the coach who gave him his first proper chance

Am I right eh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Gav's wetting his pants as we speak.

Just need Varane and we'll be ban free for a year.

I'm not saying Pogba is nailed on but I've bought the champagne. :pac:

Nainggolan :
    “He already wanted me when he was the Juve manager, but I’d already said I would never leave Roma for Juve,” said Nainggolan. “Now he tries to get me to Chelsea. Conte told me what he expects from me and what type of player I can be for him. I’ll never be a player who’ll score 20 goals or give 20 assists, I’m not the one who’ll be in the picture all the time. I can be important for a team. A manager who appreciates that is important for me. But they [Hazard and Courtois] have also told me to join them.”

TBH, I'm not to convinced about a potential transfer for this guy given we'd have to spend a serious wedge on a guy whos not far off 30.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement