Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Another win for Italy, anybody see how they played?

Solid defensively. Sweden sat back so they found it difficult to break them down. Improved offensively in second half, moment of class settled it. Italy aren't exactly blessed with attacking options.

I can see Cost really flourishing in his system, hope he stays.

Love how the Italy players stick to his system, hopefully our players buy into it. Gonna be a big change, dont know exactly Hazard fits in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukker- wrote: »
    Solid defensively. Sweden sat back so they found it difficult to break them down. Improved offensively in second half, moment of class settled it. Italy aren't exactly blessed with attacking options.

I can see Cost really flourishing in his system, hope he stays.

Love how the Italy players stick to his system, hopefully our players buy into it. Gonna be a big change, dont know exactly Hazard fits in.

Was thinking the same for Hazard too, second striker maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well anybody who knows Conte or worked with him said if the players arent onside they'll be thrown out of the club.

Big few weeks coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

hots wrote: »
    Was thinking the same for Hazard too, second striker maybe?

As was I, and I can see him be played in the #10 role with two behind him, or as you said, a second striker lying deep.

Looking forward to watching us play with two up top again. I really hope we sign Morata, lovely player, goal record isn't the greatest but he pops up with big ones and would be a great strike partner for Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pogba signed yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well anybody who knows Conte or worked with him said if the players arent onside they'll be thrown out of the club.

Big few weeks coming up.

I will kill you

https://twitter.com/mariomelchiot/status/742998829981700097

peteeeed wrote: »

This season is going to be either brilliant or mad.

Hes either gonna to do well and push us on towards a challenge in 2017-18 or he'll be sacked by February. :o

So if you believe the internet we've signed Bonucci and Lukaku.

The former would be a no brainer the latter is a gamble and I'd prefer Costa TBH.

I'd welcome Lukaku back but theres no way he'd play second fiddle either.

Start the season already.
    Conte is a workaholic, too. ‘There are 24 hours in a day,’ Conte has been quoted as saying. ‘I sleep five of them and devote three to my family. That leaves me with 16 to work with.’ It was even said that his wife, Elisabetta, used to wake up in the night to find her husband downstairs, watching football replays of upcoming opponents on TV.

Quick burn out or success is incoming but whatever happens its going to be entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He (conte) is apparently starting work with us the day after the European Cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

So if you believe the internet we've signed Bonucci and Lukaku.

The former would be a no brainer the latter is a gamble and I'd prefer Costa TBH.

Bonucci would be an outstanding signing. United also thought to be sniffing around if reports are to be believed.

I think with Morata going back to Real Madrid and them having a transfer ban coming up soon, theres no way we'll be signing him.

Also, in the days of mental money and Troy Deeney apparently being worth about 25-30m Morata and Lukaku, will cost at least double that, even if their true vale us some way off those figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So now its Hazard off to United this summer, that makes it Dave, Matic, Willian and now Hazard - if only they would take Cahill, Obi and Ivan as well.

So now its Hazard off to United this summer, that makes it Dave, Matic, Willian and now Hazard - if only they would take Cahill, Obi and Ivan as well.

I think they throw darts at Chelseas squad photo 2015/16 on the wall and come up with the story on whatever picture they hit.

No hope he'll be sold, this season is probaly going to be JTs last so getting in a guy whos had 40 games in Germany and UCL under his belt at such a young age will be a huge bonus.

Christensen and Zouma are the future.

At least we wont have a 2 month long John Stones saga this year. :o

At least we wont have a 2 month long John Stones saga this year. :o

Would not be in the least upset if he goes to Old Trafford, he may become a very good player but at the money talked about way too big a risk.

• Advertisement

Would not be in the least upset if he goes to Old Trafford, he may become a very good player but at the money talked about way too big a risk.

I'd take him, make no doubt about it and under Conte I'd reckon he'd be brilliant but not for 45m +

Wouldnt believe the Standard but if Real or anyone wants Pogba there'll be a new transfer record set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Musonda staying at Betis for the season confirmed

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/06/musonda-remains-in-spain.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_TRANSFERS

Right decision, but hopefully he does enough to find a path to our first team

Musonda staying at Betis for the season confirmed

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/06/musonda-remains-in-spain.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_TRANSFERS

Right decision, but hopefully he does enough to find a path to our first team

Good call, he'll play some more games and get used to playing in a far superior technical league.

Apparently we're selling Azp for £14m.

Dont know whats worse, the figure or that we're apparently going to sale. :o

Apparently we're selling Azp for £14m.

Dont know whats worse, the figure or that we're apparently going to sale. :o

haha haven't heard that one yet, also to Utd?

hots wrote: »
    haha haven't heard that one yet, also to Utd?

Among others, Utd, Barca, Bayern, Atletico.

Its good for a morning lol.

When are we signing Jeff "Messi" Hendrick?

Surely Conte will take a punt on him after dazzling against the Italians.

• Advertisement

We're apparently after Morata too. Real just re-signed him for a buy back fee of about £17m, we're expected to double that to £35m to get him.

Pinch of salt on the side though.

If Conte is intent on a 2 striker system I suppose we could do worse, he's done quite well for Spain in the Euros

Not ridiculous money in todays market either, if they did buy him only to sell him again they won't be able to ask mad money

We're apparently after Morata too. Real just re-signed him for a buy back fee of about £17m, we're expected to double that to £35m to get him.

Pinch of salt on the side though.

£35m would be a grand price for him now I think. If we're playing 2 up top he could be a lovely compliment to Costa imo.

Well with Brexit all but confirmed really, the transfer market is going to be heavily skewed.

Also some changes regarding "foreign" players being allowed to play in Britain.

Interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not to mention more work permit problems which means more loans to vitesse/betis etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Brexit's just done a number on premiership purchasing power. Exchange rates will put a premium on buying in the Sterlingzone.

Bye bye sexy Italians. Hello Lukaku and Stones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Looking forward to seeing hazard back next season

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing hazard back next season

Was just about to say I can't wait to get this Hazard back. Best player in the league by a mile when in this form.

Hazard was sensational tonight, he took hi goal very well but his ability to carry the ball is nearly unrivalled, he had a shocking season but this game and the Sweden game, showed what hes capable of when hes on form and last year aside, hes been very much on that type of form for Chelsea and Lille before that.

Have to mention Lukaku, we played with a lad the other day that hadnt played football in 3 years and he had a better touch than Lukaku did, Everton are very much welcome to keep him, he was shocking at the World Cup 2 years ago and apart from his 2 goals against us, hes been terrible here too.

Hes not worth 60m but if Vardy and Deeney are going for 20-30m, you just never know, theres a good player in their but he has a lot of faults in his game and for the size of the guy his hold up play is abysmal and hos touch is very suspect.

Di Marzio said we've given up on Nainogglan, Roma dont want to sell. Good, get it out of the way, unlike the John Stones fiasco last year.

• Advertisement

Bruma has joined Wolfsburg and reportedly we've got 30% fo the transfer fee, we've apparently pocketed about £5m from the deal.

Bruma has joined Wolfsburg and reportedly we've got 30% fo the transfer fee, we've apparently pocketed about £5m from the deal.

He had an offer from us too supposedly

He's too old for the loan army so you'd assume we're in the market for a centre back so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We should be in the market for a centre back.

What do we have right now? Zouma, Terry, Cahill, Ivan, Miazga, Hector and Papy.

Oh there's little doubt we need one

But the fact we were in for Bruma shows they're actively after one, good sign

We should be in the market for a centre back.

What do we have right now? Zouma, Terry, Cahill, Ivan, Miazga, Hector and Papy.

Problem there is only 2 of those, right now are of any use, IMO.

Ivan is well over the hill.
    Papy was never good enough and was a moneyball signing.
    Hector is pretty much the same as Papy.
    Miazga has potential but would be probably 4th choice when fit.
    Cahill just isnt good enough, without JT next to him his short comings are all very evident.

Given that JT is 35 and Zouma isnt ready until sometime in September, I'd be surprised if Conte isnt looking to bring in someone he trusts, either a CB or CM and probably somebody from the Italian/Juve setup.

Bonucci would be a great signing and we'd get a good 3 or 4 years out of him allowing Zouma and Christensen to blossom although I cant see it happening. Neither can I see us going for someone like Stones again as we need a ready made CB, another leader in there for when JT hangs up the boots.

Hopefully we can tempt Bonucci, we need a world class centre half and there aren't many about.

Johner wrote: »
    Hopefully we can tempt Bonucci, we need a world class centre half and there aren't many about.

You can say that again, its also hard to know how a young player, especially a CB will turn out, one prime example is Jermoe Boateng, looked like a serious waste of £10m when he joined Man City and now thats hes matured and hes 27 or 28, he looks like a really good CB.

Doesn't look like Conte will be coming back anytime soon. Super first half performance from Italy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just about to post that.

Johner wrote: »
    Doesn't look like Conte will be coming back anytime soon. Super first half performance from Italy there.

While that is annoying it hopefully shows glimpses of his ability and what he hopes to achieve with us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement