Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »
    While that is annoying it hopefully shows glimpses of his ability and what he hopes to achieve with us.

It's getting me even more excited. On paper this looks a weak Italian side but they look like world beaters under Conte. Very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Can't see Hazard throwing too many hissy fits with that Conte in charge. He's scaring me just watching this game.

Conte. :D Absolute mad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Every passing Italy match fills me with optimism for next season. If we can pick up the players we need in the transfer window we could be back challenging for the title.

Vialli on BBC. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Johner wrote: »
    Conte. :D Absolute mad man.

Gives me a chunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Any chance of getting Buffon and Bonucci?

We'd be sorted then. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Can't see Hazard throwing too many hissy fits with that Conte in charge. He's scaring me just watching this game.

AFAIC, use Hazard for what he's worth, and if it comes to it a year down the line, flog him for a packet. I've lost all respect for Hazard, so his presence at the club has to be at CFC's whim.

Conte :
    ‘It’s only right every now and then that we can celebrate. We’re delighted it occurred today in a knockout game, a game I call a game with no tomorrow. There’s no tomorrow for Spain. There is for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I love seeing Conte do well for Italy at the minute, we needed signings and some soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Contes celebration yesterday after the second goal ! :)

Legend, can't wait to see him that animated at the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not many "big" transfers happenign yet so Conte being still at the Euros hasnt really effected us n that front.

I'm trying to think and off the top of my head, apart from Hazard and Courtois and maybe a handful of others going to the Olympics, all our current players should be done there football for a few weeks.

Yea TBo and Haz should be finished footie for the season Sunday week (they should really make the final reasonably easy side of the group). That is all we have left, I think so anyway.

Was wondering Conta has a reasonably good record with young players wonder what he can do with Kenedy, Traore and RLC (he needs to up the workload in a big way by the look of it)? If he gets them playing thats a lot of money saved - same as Oscar he is willing to work has quality but has gone backwards at a rate of knots in the last few seasons.

Apparently Conte voted man of the match by Danish TV

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelsea-manager-antonio-conte-won-brilliant-danish-poll-v-spain/?

How peculiar

• Advertisement

If you believe the rags, Conte is going to the board with his cap in hand looking fro transfer funds, given you've got Crystal Palace spending potentially £32m on a player it shows the scale and market we'll be working in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://twitter.com/LeartKTBFFH/status/747575581689143296

yes dave you're my guy

sorry who are you

peteeeed wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LeartKTBFFH/status/747575581689143296

yes dave you're my guy

sorry who are you

If we get a picture of Conte talking to Morata maybe we can get the transfer bus fuelled up and ready to go, its parked up all summer. :(

Given that our lack of qualification for the CL would hinder attracting the right type of player, I think it's counterbalanced by Conte's excellent showing in the Euros

duploelabs wrote: »
    Given that our lack of qualification for the CL would hinder attracting the right type of player, I think it's counterbalanced by Conte's excellent showing in the Euros

I'd imagine Conte could sell snow to the eskimos about his project but if the player isnt passionate enough or hard working enough Conte wont want him.

I cant see him being to keen on bloating the squad with guys like Hector, Papy D, Falcao etc etc.

• Advertisement

I think Cuadrado will play a big part if Conte goes with the back 3. Would be suited to the right wing back position.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I would like DeSciglio as a left fullback or wing back.
    Looks a smashing player both defending and attacking.

Techless wrote: »

I think hes right footed, like Azp.

Hes also only played for Milan be hard to try get him away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Techless wrote: »

On the left side surely Baba and Kenedy are perfect for that role

Willian and Cuadrado on the right side

On the left side surely Baba and Kenedy are perfect for that role

Willian and Cuadrado on the right side

Babas the only natural FB of the 4 though.

If he does go 3-5-2 its going to be interesting to see how it lines up.

Courtois

Ivan
    JT
    Cahill

Azp
    Cesc
    Matic
    Baba

Willian

Hazard
    Costa

Thats alos leaving out players and without accounting for injuries and potential new players.

Michy Batshauyi is being heavily linked to us

Unless we're going for a 2 striker system that has to be the end of the Morata/Lukaku links

Costa/Batshauyi/Traore would be more than good enough

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/747923805679517696

I woulsnt be surprised to see Costa sold back to Atletico to be honest.

That price though for the Belgian lad is pretty insane, shows the market we're dealing with.

If he does replace Costa, the last big striker we signed from Marseille turned out alright

I think

If he does replace Costa, the last big striker we signed from Marseille turned out alright

I think

I hope he turns out better than the last big Belgian striker we signed :mad:.....

I prefer your analogy :D

Hopefully that is the end of Lukaku to Chelsea as well ST£70m for him good Lord Everton are welcome to him.

Now if we can get a decent centre half and walk away from Stones as well I will be very happy.

• Advertisement

For 40m max, I'd take Stones.

Theres a good player there but Martinez couldnt organise a defence to save his life, I'd have much more faith in Conte and even Koeman to get better, consistent performances from Stones.

Thaty being siad, we've Christensen doing might fine stuff in Germany at a higher level than Stones and hes younger so theres also that. Stones is massively hyped up, young, English, talented no dobut but hyped up, if we didnt sign him and promoted Christensen next year, we'd have saved an awful lot of money.

If we are signing Batshuayi ( and yes I did Google how to spell it :pac: ) then, unless Costa leaves us I cant see us going after Morata.

I'd have liked Morata but Real do have a pending 2 transfer window ban incoming so I cant see them selling him when theres nobody they copuld replace im with in the same price bracket and talent.

Lukaku is too expensive, at about 60m + and you can imagine Real have a similar, maybe slightly cheaper valuation on Morata if they are to sell, which I think they wont.

At least if it is confirmed in the coming days we'll have got a player in earlier than I expected so thats a start.

Haven't seen much of Batshuayi to be honest but he has a very decent goal scoring record for a 22 year old.

Haven't seen much of Batshuayi to be honest but he has a very decent goal scoring record for a 22 year old.

He doesn't even have a whoscored rating!!!!

He followed us on Twitter which means it's a done deal. :pac:

Money in the bank

Didnt Messi do something like that too last year, or was it Instagram. :o

I'm just happy we're getting a new CF but it doesnt look good for Abraham, Solanke or Brown to be kept on.

It'll probably be Costa, Traore and Batshuayi for the 3 CF roles.

• Advertisement

Ake is gone to Bournemouth on a season long loan.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/748132162629672960

Ake is gone to Bournemouth on a season long loan.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/748132162629672960

weird one , had a great season with watford

Bit of a sideways move

What's another loan at a club that's just above the relegation level going to do for him

Same as Baker, it's another year at the same things

Those guys hopping around the loan system will never make it at the club, if after 2 years loan and you're not being brought back to Chelsea, its pretty much game over for your career at Chelsea IMO.

Thres an awful lot of players in that category too and only a small few will come back after loans better for it and able to play for Chelsea Courtois, Sturridge, De Bruyne and Lukaku are probably the only ones I can think of off the top of my head in recent times.

Guys like Ake, Baker, Bertrand, Moses etc who are the wrong side of 21, will struggle to ever come back, they'll be EPL players in their own right but just not with us and we'll make money off them.

• Advertisement

Those guys hopping around the loan system will never make it at the club, if after 2 years loan and you're not being brought back to Chelsea, its pretty much game over for your career at Chelsea IMO.

Thres an awful lot of players in that category too and only a small few will come back after loans better for it and able to play for Chelsea Courtois, Sturridge, De Bruyne and Lukaku are probably the only ones I can think of off the top of my head in recent times.

Guys like Ake, Baker, Bertrand, Moses etc who are the wrong side of 21, will struggle to ever come back, they'll be EPL players in their own right but just not with us and we'll make money off them.

john swift and ola aina's contracts run out on july 1st , they have been offered contracts

We are with adidas for another year.

We are with adidas for another year.

it was a joke :)

john swift and ola aina's contracts run out on july 1st , they have been offered contracts

I cant see Aina signing, he was offered a deal already and turned it down apparently.

Solankes contract is up next year and he wanted mental money to commit.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I cant see Aina signing, he was offered a deal already and turned it down apparently.

Solankes contract is up next year and he wanted mental money to commit.

It would be a pity to see Aina leave. Seen him playing a few times partnering Christensen at CB and also playing FB. Looked a classy player though maybe a little on the small side for CB but great potential IMO.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement